Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Druids Armor Spells! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/05/24 at 01:52:32

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Druid Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Druids Armor Spells!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Druids Armor Spells!  (Read 3707 times)
Rampage

Email

Re: Druids Armor Spells!
« Reply #60 on: 04/12/03 at 08:23:46 »
Quote Quote

Mirror is stupidly over powered, however much damage they do to you it does back to them? Thats crazy...  

Druids are overpowered, I still can't believe you don't see it, level 10s with stormwrath? level 25s with 140 armour? A morph that half heals them, and then lets them hit for hally damage never missing?
IP Logged
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #61 on: 04/12/03 at 13:34:08 »
Quote Quote

on 04/11/03 at 16:39:51, Rampage wrote:
Druids are overpowered. Having high armour should NOT be there main 'perk' in game, that should belong to mages.

1/3 not sure of, as i dont own a druid atm.
1/3 right, druids should not have the highest armour.
1/3 wrong, neither should mages.

id have to say fighters should have the highest armour.....mages deserve just as much of an attack as the fighter as the other abilities of a mage more than balance it out.....as for druids, id say with morph should have the highest dex, a decent(but somewhat low) attack, and a healing equal to that of a paladin.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #62 on: 04/12/03 at 18:43:34 »
Quote Quote

Although your ideas seem somewhat decent, I believe that mages should have an attack more powerful than a fighter because magic beats a blade any day, plus it takes up mana so mages have to have crystals in their inventory while fighters just pots.  Also have to consider the amount of time it takes to train different classes.

As for druids having the same heal as a pally?  That may cause things to be farther unbalanced.  The heal should be improved a bit though, for at the moment it is a bit useless.  Most the damage monsters do it more than the amount healed for.
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Misconception what you see.
Happiness this cannot be.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

~*~¯|¯èµ F£üff'§ (v)ïñ¡°ñ ~*~
Sauruman
USA 

Shall we shag now, or shag later?

Lord_CyberDragon   LordGothicDragon
View Profile

« Reply #63 on: 04/12/03 at 23:16:38 »
Quote Quote

Mirror is stupidly over powered, however much damage they do to you it does back to them? Thats crazy...  

You seem to be against anything that favors the magical class. Maybe not all, but like an armor that instead of blocking a hit, it reflects the amount that was absorbed.

Druids are overpowered, I still can't believe you don't see it, level 10s with stormwrath?  
True, it should trade places with Jolt.

Level 25s with 140 armour? And? How about hitting one rounding a lvl 27(fighters, rangers, theives) at the same level? Halberd, Enchanted Bow or Dagger of Winds in the hands of the wrong person could easily do an unsuspected druid in. I speak from experience.

A morph that half heals them, and then lets them hit for hally damage never missing?  

Cheesy You're acting like others won't have armor. And it's a lvl 25, why not hit high? An expert crit hitting for sub 70's is bad, regardless what class the crit is.
 Oh, and Morph means no spells for 5 minutes.
They're not overpowered, they just have some worth.

id have to say fighters should have the highest armour.....mages deserve just as much of an attack as the fighter as the other abilities of a mage more than balance it out.....as for druids, id say with morph should have the highest dex, a decent(but somewhat low) attack, and a healing equal to that of a paladin.

Uh, fighters should hella large armor, but remember they haul hally's around, plus inventory. Not much space left for heavy metal armor+sheild. It would cut down their accuratcy of hitting. I do think that fighters should hit the second hardest, only to the berserker,  but fighters should be the only ones with 6 stam. Gives people a reason for each class.
  One thing I must say though, leave the druid's heal where it is. They could heal, but it shouldn't be any higer than, say 23-25.  

*side note* why does a ranger with 21 dex miss more than a 21 x 18 20 16 x dwarf fighter with a great axe?

IP Logged

The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #64 on: 04/12/03 at 23:26:54 »
Quote Quote

on 04/12/03 at 23:16:38, Sauruman wrote:

One thing I must say though, leave the druid's heal where it is. They could heal, but it shouldn't be any higer than, say 23-25.  

Right now the heal is 21max which isn't even enough to keep youself alive from most monsters.

(And Sauruman use the quote thingy instead of italicizing. ^.^)
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #65 on: 04/14/03 at 17:57:18 »
Quote Quote

Druids already said they are overpowered. No one can dispute that.

Druid spells need to be ordered effectively per levels.
Morph needs to be more broad then one set morph:-
5 morphs. Each varying in the level you obtain them. Each costing varying amount of mana, and lasting for a certain period of time, without being re-casted. All with varying stats.

Druids shouldnt have any armor spells. Their casted morph should affect the amount of natural armor the morph gives. i.e. morph 1 gained at level 1, 10 ac. morph 2 gained at level 10, 20 ac. morph 3 gained at level 20, 40ac. etc. etc

Druids perk should be the healing half hp with morph. Grasping vines to trap their prey. They also have camouflage and track. These are enough perks.

Mages discussion should be located on the specified mage area.
IP Logged
Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #66 on: 04/14/03 at 20:03:50 »
Quote Quote

Now that is a well thought out idea. Cheesy Sounds logical so therefore I agree. ^.^
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #67 on: 04/16/03 at 11:08:57 »
Quote Quote

I suggested a spell ("Thorns") for druids, and the damage inflicted was just 30% (I think) at level 30. A spell that reflects 100% damage is just insane! Even I gotta admit that mages sure need a way to get mana faster (and are not as "powerful" as they should be) , and a few druid spells/abilities make them too powerful AGAINST other players, but there are classes that can beat druids. There are classes that can beat fighters. There are classes that the mages can easily kill. For example, a zerker could kill a druid easily. A mage could kill a fighter. etc... There are classes that are better than others. But no class is invincible (ok, maybe zerkers are a bit hard to beat....).

The easiest way to beat a druid is letting him spend all his mana (and surviving until he does). Druids have powerful spells, but low mana and high mana costs.

Don't start insulting each other, because that turns this topic into another useless topic, disencouraging other players to post. If you want to insult other people, do it somewhere else (not in any part of the forum).
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #68 on: 04/16/03 at 16:31:11 »
Quote Quote

Ok to start this happened. However I have got it copyed exactly, but I hope you get the idea.

XXXXXX just leeched 109 mana off you.

Hmm...Druids certainly get owned by mages<sarcasm>. Also a lvl 30 Zerk beats a Mage almost 80% of the time, even with AoP casted.
IP Logged
Uncensored

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #69 on: 04/16/03 at 17:00:35 »
Quote Quote

IMO Druids would be fine if the spells were ordered better. I must say this is quite pathetic people. You guys complain that druids suck for 2 complete years and then pregnant dog when they're improved. What is wrong with Druids being a #1 class?
None of you would have minded if it was Rangers, Mages, or Thieves that became the #1 class.

I also must say, it seems you guys are incredibly confused concerning the entire AC issue.  

MAGE

Mages use Elements.

Mages aura spells uses the elements around them.

Mages aren't the best class at using things around them. Mages are killers, not defenders.

DRUID

Druids use the things around them.

You get great AC by using magic to use the things around you thus creating an invisible barrier.

Druids are more of defending types. They protect their forest, so wouldn't they need to have armor since they are attacked  before they attack most of the time.
IP Logged

Do you know Deval? He's not very tall. He has a rather neat ball. He also pins guys against the wall shortly after his mating call.

Do you know Flux? I heard he does some strange things with ducks.
Blast

Email

« Reply #70 on: 04/16/03 at 21:19:40 »
Quote Quote

Ehh...  Roll Eyes I think u dunno what u're talking bout...

Quote:
MAGE  

Mages use Elements.  

Mages aura spells uses the elements around them.  

Mages aren't the best class at using things around them. Mages are killers, not defenders.  

Elements are everywhere so if mages aura spells uses elements around them then why mages aren't the best class at using things around em Huh
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #71 on: 04/16/03 at 21:30:27 »
Quote Quote

I agree, yet disagree.

Mages should have power over the elements/weather etc.
maybe mages shouldnt have an armor spell, but if we are talking realism.
A mage would cast an impenetrable field around himself. Then casted 100 fireballs destroying anything that stood in its path.

Druids have a spell called Stromwrath, sounds like an element to me. If Druids are more of defending types then remove their hard hitting spells, and leave them with morphs and melee attacks.

I have already stated that I think balancing should be done in accordance with difficulty of training, and maintaining costs. It seems only logical and fair.

I mean if it costs 5 mil to lvl a mage to 30, in 20 days. Then costs 60k to lvl a fighter to 30 in 6 days. Dont you agree the mage wouldnt have to try hard to beat the fighter?
IP Logged
Uncensored

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #72 on: 04/16/03 at 22:17:29 »
Quote Quote

I completely agree about the stormwrath. Druids are known to have some control over the weather though. I don't think stormwrath should be as powerful as it is.

Blast - Mages aren't really known for having incredible defensive spells. Yes elements are all around us, but mages are suppose to use elements to attack people.

IMO Deity has the mage class like it's meant to be. On there the best mage spell is lightning storm and it strikes everyone on the square.
IP Logged

Do you know Deval? He's not very tall. He has a rather neat ball. He also pins guys against the wall shortly after his mating call.

Do you know Flux? I heard he does some strange things with ducks.
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #73 on: 04/16/03 at 23:01:42 »
Quote Quote

*see Devastate pre-reset* I have already posted this on the forums somewhere.
IP Logged
Sauruman
USA 

Shall we shag now, or shag later?

Lord_CyberDragon   LordGothicDragon
View Profile

« Reply #74 on: 04/17/03 at 07:04:32 »
Quote Quote

A spell that reflects 100% damage is just insane!

Yeah, I reposted in the mage forums. Also, they could make it like, intel + armor /2 percent. 21 intel + 39 = 50 /2 = 25%. So a smite attack for 480 would reflect 120.  
 Or proportional to the armor. Like, the amount that the armor shileds the mage from is just sent back, rather than absorbed.

XXXXXX just leeched 109 mana off you. Hmm...Druids certainly get owned by mages<sarcasm>. Also a lvl 30 Zerk beats a Mage almost 80%  

A: how many people can afford to go around buying a 175k weapon.
B: how many people *other than those who have hella crits/gold/resources to back them up* have a lvl 27+ druid.
C: How many lvl 30 berserkers are there? If anything, make it to where berserkers can't hold a cobalt staff of the winds, wouldn't you all consider that overpowered? And unrealistic, a -basically- barbarian holding a staff of magical energy that was blessed by dieties.  

Druids have a spell called Stromwrath, sounds like an element to me.

Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Spirit -and the nightmist sixth and seventh, forest and time Tongue -  Storm doesn't fall into element, although it sounds like it could. Hmm....... air and spirit, maybe?
IP Logged

The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
Pile

Email

« Reply #75 on: 04/17/03 at 14:42:02 »
Quote Quote

Anyone who has a level 27 druid should have the 175k for the weapon. Anyone who trains any class to this level (probably excluding mages) should have made this amount of gold easily, consider the massive population of fighters… 60 odd k for the armour and 100k+ for the weapon, nothing new. I played a druid pretty much entirely on its own and that was over level 27, I didn’t have a hell of a lot of gold, crits or resources to back it up. Anyways, that weapon is totally affordable and does leach a hell of a lot of mana, most I have seen personally is in the 80s (complements of Vampyre:-p) but then I don’t have a mage and never really fought many with a druid.
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #76 on: 04/17/03 at 19:45:19 »
Quote Quote

Question: What would you prefer?

- Hawk Talon

- Weapon with 20 base damage and 0,3 life leech
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #77 on: 04/17/03 at 22:02:57 »
Quote Quote

on 04/17/03 at 07:04:32, Sauruman wrote:

Storm doesn't fall into element, although it sounds like it could. Hmm....... air and spirit, maybe?

Yes stormwrath can be considered an air element.

on 04/17/03 at 14:42:02, Pile wrote:
 Anyone who has a level 27 druid should have the 175k for the weapon.

Heh I guess I was and am just one poor little druid then because I had to borow money to buy mine. ^.^ Although I do recall one particular druid who had to wait awhile to save and get his as well.../point pile.
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #78 on: 04/17/03 at 23:18:35 »
Quote Quote

Regarding this...
on 04/16/03 at 16:31:11, Eternyte wrote:

XXXXXX just leeched 109 mana off you.

Hmm...Druids certainly get owned by mages<sarcasm>.

I have actually gotten owned by mages several times.  Mages resist stormwrath too much and with aop morph is also useless.  It only takes a mage 1 or 2 rounds to kill a druid.

And about the mana leech...A druid can only leech so much mana before they are full and can no longer leech anymore.  Mages have mp somewhere in the upper 300's while druids only 200's.  In a duel, after casting gaea's blessing, stoneform, and morphing, that leaves the druid with a deficit of 140mp.  So if a druid leeches the mage of 140mp, that still leaves them with about 200+mp to whoop the druids butt.

I didn't get to save the text but...
A lvl28 druid vs lvl29 mage w/o aop or any nifty equip, the damage done by both sides was bisically equal. (but of course the mage did have 5stam so it did win)

A lvl28 druid vs lvl30 mage w/aop etc., instant ownage x.x
The mage did 51 52 53 52 51. The druid did 16 6 19 33 and  w/storm 0 36 0 36.
« Last Edit: 04/17/03 at 23:42:21 by Chinsu » IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

Pile

Email

« Reply #79 on: 04/17/03 at 23:54:57 »
Quote Quote

Heh I did indeed have to save up to buy a hawk talon but my point was that 175k is kinda cheap for a base 22 weapon with mana leach and 175k isn’t much by current Nightmist standards. Vampyre raises a good point though, when you are full on mana you can no longer leach and if you are morphed that’s pretty soon because you wont be casting spells. Anyways, personally I think lower a max stat halfling/elf druid’s armour to around 110 and put there heal up to about 45 at level 30 like it used to be. Currently heal sucks and there is just too much armour, seems a good solution to me, the overall power of a druid isn’t drastically altered but they become more “realistic”.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.