Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Druids Armor Spells! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/05/24 at 00:42:39

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Druid Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Druids Armor Spells!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Druids Armor Spells!  (Read 3705 times)
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

Re: Druids Armor Spells!
« Reply #100 on: 04/24/03 at 10:04:25 »
Quote Quote

I had expert druids. I wasn't lucky enough to get an archmaster druid (just like most of the people), but I prefer rolling and training them myself. I don't hire people to do it (and I'm not saying that it is wrong, I just don't like that). My experience isn't just about two lvl 21 druids.

I didn't say druids should get haste and AoP... All I said is that mages have two ultimate spells. AoP and Devastate. And I honestly don't know how much armor you get with AoP, I haven't had an expert mage that recently (Nor will I go kill the Chamaleon and buy an expert, I prefer training my own crits). But if it's lower than 40, it should definetly be upped (a lot). And even if druids have a few advantages, mages also got some advantages. Do you understand what I was saying now?
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #101 on: 04/24/03 at 10:05:05 »
Quote Quote

And yes, I am perfectly aware of what a level 27+ druid is capable of.
IP Logged

Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #102 on: 04/24/03 at 18:00:18 »
Quote Quote

Devastate isnt a widely available spell, therefore cannot be considered.
AoP is 2.5*the armor the mage is wearing. So depending on the armor you are wearing, sometimes Mana Shroud would be better.

Mages advantage is Haste getting stamina back. Clerics get a better variant on this as they get full stamina. Which can be casted on party.

Invisibility able to be casted on others. Druids get same kind of spell, apart from not castable on others which is reasonable. Although it lasts longer than invis.

Beam is sort of an advantage, as it hits big on monsters and lower wis'd players. However with fizzling, partial resists, and resisting, also counterspell with mage. Their Beam isnt as efficient.

Mage also have very low hp. Cannot get much armor class exlcuding spells. The cost of their armor is more than treble that of other classes.
Mages spells since its their main attack you'd think they would cost little mana, however Beam costs 17 mana. In comparison with other classes this is a heck of a lot. Especially when its their only feesable form of leveling. Imagine leveling with attack. 5 damage most of the time wouldnt level too rapidly.
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #103 on: 04/24/03 at 18:04:18 »
Quote Quote

Let's imagine a mage with a simple staff, silver robes and silver amulet (any lvl 25 mage can get these). This way he has 24+2=26 armor. 26*2.5 isn't much, my druid gets aprox. 110 armor at level 21. AoP should definetly be improved.

And Beam costs too much. Reducing it to... 12-15 would be logically right.
IP Logged

Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #104 on: 04/24/03 at 18:11:14 »
Quote Quote

At least your starting to think from a Mages perspective.
However I think that reducing Beam from 17 to 12-15 wouldnt be a big enough difference.

Since clerics Aid for 7mp for 90hp, and Divine Restoration for 8mp for 100+hp.
I think that Beam on average does 50-55 dmg to people with the 18-20 wisdom average.
So I would suggest Beam being lowered to about 8mp. This would also make mages able to go off on their own for a longer period of time. Without the massive amounts of mana trips required, and the large of gold needed to buy mana.
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #105 on: 04/24/03 at 18:24:25 »
Quote Quote

How much does Blast cost? Beam cannot be lower than blast. And 12 seems reasonable enough.
IP Logged

Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #106 on: 04/24/03 at 20:47:17 »
Quote Quote

Sorry I didnt explain myself clearly enough obviously:-
Shock - 5mp
Flame - 7mp
Blast - 10mp
Beam - 17mp
Thats the current costs.

My opinion is that they should be..
Shock - 1mp
Flame - 3mp
Blast - 5mp
Beam - 8mp

I think this because at the moment mages are very expensive, and run out of mana very rapidly.

(Maybe we could move this onto Mages Discussion if me move off this topic more)
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #107 on: 04/24/03 at 21:56:00 »
Quote Quote

Sorry, but that is TOO low. Druids ARE gonna be changed.
12-11 cost for beam is good and still not that bad. 9-8 for blast would be nice too. Shock could be lowered by 1 (like heal) and Flame could be lowered by 1 too. But unfortunately, that's not up to me  Smiley.
IP Logged

Blast

Email

« Reply #108 on: 04/25/03 at 18:31:14 »
Quote Quote

yeah would be cool, maybe ability regenerate mana where u get bac mana faster but cant attack (like meditaion or so) then anyone can easly kill u by suprise and if u are in city this has no point cuz u can buy refreshment for 100gp
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #109 on: 04/25/03 at 18:44:03 »
Quote Quote

Mages should get an item (or ability) that adds more mana regeneration... But like reduced spell costs, thats not up to me  Smiley.
IP Logged

Blast

Email

« Reply #110 on: 04/26/03 at 14:32:37 »
Quote Quote

just back to 7th page of this topic, my mage got 20 wis he is lvl 25 and he got 320mp (ON LVL 25, i dont remamber mana rasining last lvls from 21but i doubt they were +0 +0 +0 +0) so he must had like 27x mana on lvl 21
IP Logged
Lit

think for yourself question authority

n/a   BlendedBrain
View Profile WWW

« Reply #111 on: 06/19/03 at 06:14:29 »
Quote Quote

The answer isn't to take away from armor spells, druids were updated a few months ago because they were the weakest, most useless class on nightmist. Staff finally fixed druids and now people complain they are overpowered. Take anything away from what druids have now and they'll just suck like before.  

I agree mages need to be improved, but I like this class the way it is.
IP Logged

Best to keep things in the shallow end
Cause I never quite learned how to swim
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.