Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Druids Armor Spells! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/05/24 at 03:12:35

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Druid Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Druids Armor Spells!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Druids Armor Spells!  (Read 3708 times)
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

Re: Druids Armor Spells!
« Reply #20 on: 04/07/03 at 20:01:03 »
Quote Quote

Well, mages do more damage with beam than druids with stormwrath. Perhaps mages get less ac because they do more damage.
IP Logged

heh
Drizzt

Email

« Reply #21 on: 04/07/03 at 20:21:25 »
Quote Quote

Ever seen a druid in morph? Never missing and hitting for hally damage, that more than makes up for stormwrath not being up to beam damage, and you can spell up before and it lasts for half of the morph time.
IP Logged
Pile

Email

« Reply #22 on: 04/07/03 at 20:21:54 »
Quote Quote

I agree that the current balance isn’t quite right in terms of mages and druids, especially in relation to armour. Having said that druids weren’t so hot before the upgrade and making them less powerful will only tip the balance again. The solution? Well I say reduce druids armour to at least equal to that or less than mages and up their heal instead. If their combined armour was dropped around 30 (maybe needs to be a bit more, can’t remember what the basic spells give) and heal increased 80-100%, then overall they would be as useful as they are now but without crazy amounts of armour. Possibly a biased opinion since I’m not playing a druid anymore and don’t want to be killed by em Wink.
IP Logged
The man

Ninjas are mammals.

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: 04/07/03 at 22:34:02 »
Quote Quote

If it was up to me, I would up the damage done by Mages, since I'd take getting hit upside the head with a spear over being burned alive any day.
You guys have to remember that Mages use combat type magic (which doesn't involve armor spells) and Druids, who use more nature orientated magic, cast magic armor all the day. Magical armor is Druid's thing, it's what they do.
IP Logged
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 04/07/03 at 22:59:45 »
Quote Quote

Druids, use natural and stuff like that..
Mages however uses Aura's and powerfull damageing spells..

Nothing, should be able to out cast a mage's spells.. That's their profession..

Other words.. Mages should have way more armor then anything...

And to can, giving yourself armor, would be an aura that circles the person and takes out some of the damage done to them.. Thus giving them more armor..

Druid isn't as good with aura's and magic spells as a mage is, mage should be way better..

IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: 04/08/03 at 03:41:46 »
Quote Quote

Yes druids and mages are unbalanced...Generally mages' offensive spells are more powerful than druids, but isn't armor and protection what a druid is about? Not a magical aura sort of protection, but a natural kind.  Druids are mostly about protecting nature as well as themselves...
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Misconception what you see.
Happiness this cannot be.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

~*~¯|¯èµ F£üff'§ (v)ïñ¡°ñ ~*~
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 04/08/03 at 04:06:00 »
Quote Quote

Vampyre you know I wanna agree with you, but I cant help it. Mages as said many time before have magic to attack and defend. Druids do use a nature type magic but regardless or not their spell abilities are to be nowhere close to a mage. This is my outlook on it.  
Mage-Beam -16mp x 5= 80 mp
  -Aura of Protection-40 mp
  -Haste - 40 mp
Those are all a mages spells that are used in battle. Invisibility if you fight like that is added as well. Those added together = 160 mp for 1 attack aid spell, 1 defense spell, and 5 attacks.  
My personall arch mage has 384 mp. Thats about 40% of my mana before the other person attacks. A mages inventory isnt big enough to hold mana and also pots.

Next a druid isn't restricted to just magic to attack. They can morph(regain health), hit normal which is pretty hard(regain mana), or use spells. Thats 3 different ways of attacking with major benifits. I feel that if a druid can attack and regain mana possibly mages shouls be able to cast a spells to regain mana?  

Just my $.02.
IP Logged

My main is Alliedassault.
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 04/08/03 at 15:48:23 »
Quote Quote

I think if it was just made so that druids could only use 1 armor spell at once, instead of just piling it on.  This would solve their high armor problem.
IP Logged
Rampage

Email

« Reply #28 on: 04/08/03 at 15:52:26 »
Quote Quote

That would then make stoneform useless, as gaea's blessing lasts longer, gives a damage boost and might even give more armour.
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 04/08/03 at 16:44:32 »
Quote Quote

Making one accesbile at lower levels then one open at later levels would make sense.  Same way mages have low lvl armor spell until they get higher levels.
IP Logged
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 04/09/03 at 02:40:53 »
Quote Quote

Aidon you read my mind i was literally gonna type that out.
IP Logged

My main is Alliedassault.
Sauruman
USA 

Shall we shag now, or shag later?

Lord_CyberDragon   LordGothicDragon
View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 04/09/03 at 07:27:15 »
Quote Quote

A druid is a protector. Other than a spell called "invincibility" (which I'm sure wouldn't go over well), how else will they protect?
 A mage, on the other hand, is a conjurer of magic. Powerful magic at that.  

Now then, to compensate, why not just make the mages stronger/eaiser to lvl? Because as it stands, Dere is my perfect stat elf mage (xx 21 19 18 20 xx) and his ranking is currently 182/1424, where as Sauruman is currently ranked at 31/851

see the pattern? very few druids in the game. More mages than druids, actually.

So why all the complaining? As it stands, my stormwrath is resisted more than anything, and druids don't get a lot of mana. at 19 17 19 18 19 8, i'm resisted by journeymen, can't hit unless i have gea's blessing+morph, and it sucks because you can't cast a spell in morph, which means bye bye stoneform. it only lasts for 60 seconds, after that you're back down to 72 ac. and that doesn't stop rangers, fighters and *shudders* theives from kicking off on me.  

Rather than make a class worse, why not make mages better? One spell I thought of would be "Deflect" which would send damage back to the attacker, for a period of 60/90 seconds. Mages, being the powerful magicans that they are, would/should be able to do something like that.  And give them devistate, they need it (along with quicker stam)
 I can't speak much for mages because my highest is only lvl 19, on the same token not alot can speak for druids, unless they have a high lvl one. Believe me when i say, druids are not too powerful.
IP Logged

The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
Pile

Email

« Reply #32 on: 04/09/03 at 12:14:54 »
Quote Quote

your druid is level 23, theres the problem. all other classes can get 1 clicked at level 23. Seriously druids are very very strong at lvl 27+.
IP Logged
Pile

Email

« Reply #33 on: 04/09/03 at 12:21:49 »
Quote Quote

Sorry, read that as clicking but you were saying "kicking off".

Also, you say 72 ac after stoneform has expired as if that’s bad. Remember that an arch fighter with the standard set has 82 ac…
IP Logged
Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 04/09/03 at 23:06:04 »
Quote Quote

look at the standard fighter/berserker/ranger/theives pk amount, then look at druids. doesn't seem to do them a bit of good, does it? it's not like they can't be hit/killed. If you wanna talk about something, bump down a cleric's power. heh, pking a lvl 23 cleric is impossible, divine light and aid, you'll be there for ages.
IP Logged

Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 04/09/03 at 23:09:54 »
Quote Quote

and how many druids do you know are 27+ ? you act like there's been an uprise in them. as it currently stands, druids are the minority class in nightmist.  

*or just stop PKing, there's a thought.*  

And you're forgetting, it's a spell, not permanant. it wears off. it's proportional to wisdom, and it can't be casted on anyone else. and it can't be used much, because druids have -way- less mana than hp. not much spell casting for them.
IP Logged

Pile

Email

« Reply #36 on: 04/10/03 at 00:57:53 »
Quote Quote

I don’t act like there has been an uprise I’m just one of the increasing few who understand how 140+, +40%(and over) hit bonuses, offensive spells that hit arch players for 40-50 and a small healing capacity make for a d**n tough crit. The simple truth is until a couple of months ago druids were regarded so bad that nobody used them, you can’t expect 200 arch druids over night, they are yet to win over mainstream appeal. I have now sold my druid and I don’t play one at the minute but I can tell you that when I had there was only one arch fighter that managed to kill me on it. If you look through some of the old posts I posted a few duels that showed how dangerous a druid really could be. On that level 29 druid arch fighters could only hit it for 20s and stormwath generally did 40s in return. That’s before you even think about fighting something like a pally where you can leach a hell of a lot of mana (same situation with a cleric), the tables are turned slightly when you can take 30% of what you hit for from their total mana.  

On the note of pking, druids make absolutely awesome pkers. Do a /who on Lexus, don’t know exactly why it’s there but “Natural Born Predator” is just perfect. First off you have camouflage, which is very tidy indeed. So you spot your victim and track them in camouflage, unleash a round of stormwrath….they run, you cast vines and finish them. Obviously you can only do this in the forest but it’s the perfect means for pking. I’m not a massive pker myself but I killed a fair few people playing Gaian, including arch rangers and a hell of a lot of fighters.

And as for it being a spell, they are pretty cheap even when you cast Gaea’s and stoneform together and from what people have said a hell of a lot cheaper than mages armour spells. Anway, I’m not trying to say druids are immortal or something I just fancied an argument really.
IP Logged
Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 04/10/03 at 02:10:05 »
Quote Quote

So your basic arguement is let the weak set the pace? Because using your same arguement, a high lvl ranger or berserker could be just as dangerous. Smite with a hally, or BoT, or rapid fire after hypno. The druids are perfect where they are, leave them alone. If you don't like them, fine, don't train them. I personally don't like rangers, but they can track and hypno (drop your chance to hit) and do hella damage, plus they get high armor. Armor that stays with them, by the way.

Instead of making druids weaker, make the mages stronger. *duh*
Druids are good at saving nature and covering their own a**, mages -should- be good at scaring away anything that they dont'  like. Devestate and Deflect, anyone?
IP Logged

Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 04/10/03 at 02:13:58 »
Quote Quote

And with gaea's blessing, it's still hard to hit anything. Trust me, I know. Along with vampyre, sheena and a few other commited druids. To actually hit anything, you need morph, and morphed you cant cast a spell. that means no "insane" armor levels.

and why the hell can rangers carry shields? don't they use bows?
IP Logged

Pile

Email

« Reply #39 on: 04/10/03 at 03:14:56 »
Quote Quote

My reason for arguing was the fact you were saying druids weren’t any good and couldn’t pk, that last post wasn’t in relation to having their armour dropped I was simply making the point that they are powerful. But now you say druids are perfect where they are…seems to have changed somewhat. I never said other classes aren’t as dangerous and that wasn’t the point of my post, I was merely trying to make it clear how useful druids really are in P v P situations. I don’t need to trust you, as far as “being committed” goes, I’ve spent a lot of time training druids in this game and I do have experience on a high level druid so I’m not just making all this up. It is just my opinion that druids are tough crits with a lot of options open to them in terms of P v P skirmishes.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.