Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Druids Armor Spells! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/05/24 at 07:52:17

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Druid Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Druids Armor Spells!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Druids Armor Spells!  (Read 3711 times)
Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

Re: Druids Armor Spells!
« Reply #40 on: 04/10/03 at 04:21:11 »
Quote Quote

on 04/10/03 at 02:13:58, Sauruman wrote:

and why the hell can rangers carry shields? don't they use bows?

lol that is a good point.. not sure what it has to do w/druids but still funny ^.^

on 04/10/03 at 00:57:53, Pile wrote:
 I have now sold my druid and I don’t play one at the minute

Traitor!!!!  Angry heh please ignore my random outburst  Roll Eyes

Ok...on a more serious note, if the armor spells are made so that they will no longer be combined, Gaea's Blessing should perhaps give a bit more ac, but not so much as to be insane.
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Misconception what you see.
Happiness this cannot be.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

~*~¯|¯èµ F£üff'§ (v)ïñ¡°ñ ~*~
Sauruman
USA 

Shall we shag now, or shag later?

Lord_CyberDragon   LordGothicDragon
View Profile

« Reply #41 on: 04/10/03 at 13:49:05 »
Quote Quote

And Gaea's Blessing is an enhancement spell. There's no logical reason it shouldn't be combined with stoneform, the only one i can be mixed with.  
  If anything, make it to where a cleric can't cast mulituple ehancment spells on others. Every come across GoldenDragon and his/her cleric? I've seen them rip apart entire parties, and come back slightly wounded. That sounds just as rediculous as a druid's AC.  

Berserker's perk is power
Fighter's perk is power+armor
Ranger's perk is Rapid Fire+quick takedown of others
Theives perk is assassinate+armor+invis
Cleric's perk is great healing
Mage's perk is only invis for himself and others, but they
 should have more
Paladin's perk is power+healing (+armor, not really a perk)
Druid's perk is Armor. They all have something they excel at. If not, it would be like playing a fighter with a different class name, no fun in that.

<still wanted Bounty Hunters instead of Berserkers> *grumble*
IP Logged

The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
Rampage

Email

« Reply #42 on: 04/10/03 at 14:11:27 »
Quote Quote

Sauruman, druids are way overpowered, my average stat level 25 druid took down several archies, because they were rapid firing me for 20, or hitting me with a hally for 20 damage. That’s totally crazy, they really need to be changed. Stormwrath is available at to lower level, should be more like 22, same with pretty much all the new druid spells.

Yes I’ve come across GoldenDragon, and if I remember correctly I ripped her to shreds.
IP Logged
Pile

Email

« Reply #43 on: 04/10/03 at 14:34:02 »
Quote Quote

Yay! I was starting to think I am going completely mad, someone who agrees that druids are powerful. And guess what it’s someone who owns a druid that’s higher than level 23.  

Me a traitor!? Yeah, if I can face it and ever role anything good I might get me a new druid there vamp, only way I would stop you beating on my pally anyways Wink.
« Last Edit: 04/10/03 at 19:26:54 by Bullitt » IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #44 on: 04/10/03 at 19:01:37 »
Quote Quote

* Norinth comes back from a long, long sleep.

Druids are not so bad (now)... But they are not so good. Morph SHOULD be changed (the most important thing at the momment, my opinion of course) and a new summon spell would be nice. It seems Charm is too hard to code, just a summon spell (for a change). Druids are quite powerful at higher levels, but now druids are pking machines. Track is a pking ability most of the time, Grasping Vines is DEFINETLY the ultimate pk spell. With extra armor and camo / track combo, they are the best pkers (after zerkers and maybe rangers). No mage can survive a level 27+ druid... Nor can a cleric or a paladin. Heal should be upped (30-40 at level 30 MIN)
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Rampage

Email

« Reply #45 on: 04/10/03 at 19:11:37 »
Quote Quote

You really don't get it do you. Druids are overpowered, they do not need to be improved.
IP Logged
Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #46 on: 04/10/03 at 19:24:49 »
Quote Quote

on 04/10/03 at 19:01:37, Norinth wrote:
No mage can survive a level 27+ druid...

Hum... my friend's mage ripped me apart.  I didn't try to storm him because i figured it would get resisted too much, and when i used morph against him it didnt do much dmg.  Huh
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #47 on: 04/10/03 at 19:30:27 »
Quote Quote

Heh and pile I was just messing with ya ^.^ /hug
But I do agree with you, druids are powerful now.  But common, remember how useless they used to be?
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

Rampage

Email

« Reply #48 on: 04/10/03 at 20:03:48 »
Quote Quote

Just because they used to be useless it doesn't mean they now have to be over powered.
IP Logged
Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #49 on: 04/11/03 at 05:33:38 »
Quote Quote

They are not overpowered, they are PROTECTED! What about clerics? Druid vs. Cleric *or anything vs. cleric* = standoff. And if you go out with the motives to pk, you're gonna get the gold. They weren't planning on an attack, you were *duh*. Just because you can't run through them like yogurt in a lactose intolerant stomach doens't mean they're overpowered. Magic isn't their main use, they have some of everything. Any ANY crit at lvl 27+ has the potential to rip through an archie, ever heard of stats? If you don't like them, don't train/attack them. Simple, no?  
  Let me ask you this; what would you like to see happen to them, drop them down until they're easy to pk again? Let the weak set the pace?
IP Logged

Rampage

Email

« Reply #50 on: 04/11/03 at 09:40:39 »
Quote Quote

You really have no idea, a level 25 being able to take down perf arch fighters, rangers etc, is OVERPOWERED! How many times do we have to tell you? What would I want to see happen to them? Have their armour dropped, maybe change morph because hitting for hally damage and never missing is slightly crazy (This is against arch crits)
IP Logged
Pile

Email

« Reply #51 on: 04/11/03 at 14:22:38 »
Quote Quote

Sauruman, you are goon. And any crit doesn’t have the potential to rip through an archie druid when they have 140+ armour so yet another void argument. A perfect archie fighter fully decked cannot take down a similar level druid simply because they cannot hit for much over 20. Yes I do know this because I duelled numerous fighters on a level 29 druid (that didn’t even have amazing stats). And I imagine the good man Rampage over there is talking from experience with Lyandor; This crit was mine and it had something like 208-209 hp at level 25, not exactly perfect either.

I withdraw my interest in this topic because you are going over the same crap continuously. You do not listen to reason and I’m so fed up with your mindless whining nothing I post is even on topic. Once your druid is actually a decent level come back and I will listen to your opinions.
IP Logged
Rampage

Email

« Reply #52 on: 04/11/03 at 15:04:42 »
Quote Quote

Yup, I no longer own Lyandor now, I sold him and i'm trying to find one with better stats, no luck yet. Sauruman, none of your arguements have been any good, druids have far to much armour, there too powerful and they need to be improved. I'm gonna do the same as Pile as your stupidity is really starting to piss me off.
IP Logged
Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #53 on: 04/11/03 at 15:18:48 »
Quote Quote

I already KNOW what you're saying, I'm just not agreeing with you. On the same token, you're not listening to me.  
  All you really bring to the table is how you had duels and won/lost with a high level druid, something that's not commonly seen in the game. Yet, as you and ramapage are trying to imply.  
  You're basically saying that because a druid can have 14?+armor, they're overpowered. I'm basically saying that they're not overpowered, the armor is thier specialty/perk point in the game.  
  Then someone else brought gaea's blessing to the table, which is similar to righteous fury. Makes them hit more consistantly, lasts 5 minutes. Big deal. You say they're overpowered, I say they're not. You argue that they can't be killed easily (which is supposed to happen with masters of protection), you can't argue that this doesn't happen until higher levels because it doesn't. Even Lyandor at a high level was being resisted and actually lost to my druid in a duel (but i had my theif help a little, sorry dude. Tongue ). But if you wanna drop it, so be it.

Oh, and I realize you don't bring anything really relevant to the table either, only "duels" (that no one has real proof of) and expect us all to believe you.
IP Logged

Rampage

Email

« Reply #54 on: 04/11/03 at 16:39:51 »
Quote Quote

We are listening, your just so stupid you fail to see that what were saying is true. Druids are overpowered. Having high armour should NOT be there main 'perk' in game, that should belong to mages. All it looks to me like your doing is trying to make the class you play stay overpowered, instead of making the game fair.
IP Logged
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #55 on: 04/11/03 at 18:42:43 »
Quote Quote

I don't know about you guys, but in every DND type game I have ever played, mages don't have a spell that increases their armor. They have spells to enchant weapons, make inanimate objects move, make things invisible, make themselves move at extremely fast speeds and a huge amount of elemental based spells. Druids on the other hand are quite different. The druids on Nightmist are actually very accurate as to what druids are supposed to be and for that matter they are the best represented class next to thieves. This game is based on role-playing, not pk'ing. If its such a big deal to you that you can't beat a druid then either run or don't go looking for fights.
IP Logged

heh
Rampage

Email

« Reply #56 on: 04/11/03 at 19:20:50 »
Quote Quote

They don't get armour increasing spells as such, instead they get other spells. Such as mirror image, protection from normal weapons, protection from magic weapons, Minor globe of invulrability, Globe of Invunrability, Prismatic Sphere etc. While these don't increase armour, they have pretty much the same effect (Most were taken from a D & D guide, some from games such as Baldur's Gate)
IP Logged
Pile

Email

« Reply #57 on: 04/11/03 at 20:16:29 »
Quote Quote

Ok, like I said I no longer own Gaian and this is pretty much the only file I have. Gaian was 18 18 20 17 18 15 , level 28 and wearing SGs and 2CRs. Magik is level 29, 19 X 19 19 17 10  with just SGs. Now I know Magik is exactly the hottest fighter around and I had +6 armour on her from the CRs, but neither is Gaian and I repeated this countless times on other crits. And I know what you will say that because she has 17 wisdom… but its not, the 1-2 points less really didn’t make a ground-breaking difference from my experience with fighting other crits. And know that I’m not saying druids should be totally stripped, but I do think they need adjusting in relation to mages; I just get annoyed at how you cannot appreciate their power. And with that I really will give up, win or loose…

Magik is here with you.
Magik started a 5 second countdown.
Countdown: 5
Countdown: 4
Countdown: 3
Countdown: 2
Countdown: 1
Countdown: GO!
Magik attacked you with his Halberd for 20 points of damage.
Magik attacked you with his Halberd but your armor blocked the blow.
Magik tried to attack you with his Halberd but missed.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on Magik for 44 points of damage.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on Magik for 44 points of damage.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on Magik for 42 points of damage.
You attempted to cast a spell, but it fizzled out.
You are too exhausted at the moment.
Magik attacked you with his Halberd for 14 points of damage.
Gaian (207/241) (156/235)
Magik (Leader) (168/298)
Magik tried to attack you with his Halberd but missed.
Gaian: bummer
Magik attacked you with his Halberd but you were partially protected by your armor for 12 points of damage.
Magik attacked you with his Halberd for 16 points of damage.
Gaian: :-P
Magik resisted your Stormwrath.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on Magik for 22 points of damage.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on Magik for 45 points of damage.
Gaian (157/241) (127/235)
Magik (Leader) (102/298)
Magik attacked you with his Halberd for 26 points of damage.
Gaian (131/241) (127/235)
Magik (Leader) (102/298)
Magik attacked you with his Halberd but you were mostly shielded by your armor for 5 points of damage.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on Magik for 42 points of damage.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on Magik for 45 points of damage.
You got 100 gold pieces.
Magik dropped a Leather Gloves.
Magik fell to the floor, his injuries getting the better of him.
IP Logged
Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #58 on: 04/11/03 at 20:58:34 »
Quote Quote

We are listening, your just so stupid you fail to see that what were saying is true.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy "You're wrong, I'm right!"
"No, I'm right!" What you're saying is as true as what I'm saying. None of us are God, no one knows what's actually true. And namecalling is for children *hint hint*

Druids are overpowered. Having high armour should NOT be there main 'perk' in game, that should belong to mages.

What....... do......... mages........... protect.
 Every class has received it's perk so far, except mages. And it's very sad, they're a good class, just hard to train for others. A mage's main perk should be REALLY hard hitting spells, at least 90-100 damage at lvl 27+. If a cleric can heal for in the 100's, why can't a mage hit for the same amount? Black magic vs. white magic. Also, they should receive some sort of poison spell of sorts, one that adds poison to weapons or a Gaea's Blessing type spell. Or even;

A spell that takes away their bouses (Proteus cast Dispel. You are no longer under Gaea's Blessing/Champion's strengh/The effects of cleanse)

Illusion (You cast Illusion on yourself, altering your apperance.
Samus tried to assassinate you, but failed and caused 0 points of damage. Your apperance returns to normal.) Basically, the mage makes a decoy of himself while the real him is invis. Once the decoy is killed, the real mage is vulnerable. The decoy should die after an equvilant of 80 points of damage, which any crit over 15 could do. Lasts until killed.

Deception (you cast deception, creating a decoy of yourself) Basically Illusion, but there's two+ of the same person's picture on the screen. The real mage can be hit, but the duplicates/decoys are killed after 80 points equiv. The mage can also attack, and the dupes stay on screen rather than dissapate as they would in illusion. lasts 60/120 seconds

Mirror (you cast mirror on yourself, causing your wounds to return to their master. Kalypso rapidly fired at you for 90 points of damage. Kalypso fell to the floor, her injuries getting the better of her) lasts 60/120 seconds

Make flame do more damage in the swamps, since it's a flame.

A give them flame at lvl 10, blast at 15, beam at 20, and devesate at 25/7. Mages are mean to be users of magic that dont' rely on a deity, but more like telekentics/psykic abilites, distorting the path of reality to suit them. Which is why Intel is so important to them. Mages are to magic as Druids are to nature.

looks to me like your doing is trying to make the class you play stay overpowered, instead of making the game fair.

No, I'm trying to show you that things are fine were they are, my theif is my main char. You I won't speak his name, few have heard of him. And he's higher lvled than my druid, btw.
 Dragging others down doesn't help anyone.

And you're saying Mage's main perk should be armor, what should a Druid's main perk be?
« Last Edit: 04/11/03 at 21:51:48 by Sauruman » IP Logged

Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #59 on: 04/11/03 at 22:40:09 »
Quote Quote

on 04/11/03 at 05:33:38, Sauruman wrote:
T Druid vs. Cleric *or anything vs. cleric* = standoff.

Generally yes... but a druid w/hawk talon (lvl27) leeches the heck out of the mana.  (Although I haven't seen too many druids w/hawk talon...)

on 04/11/03 at 09:40:39, Rampage wrote:
Have their armour dropped, maybe change morph because hitting for hally damage and never missing is slightly crazy (This is against arch crits)

Maybe armour could be dropped a bit but the morph shouldn't be degraded because then it would become useless and stormwrath would only be used.

And I was just wondering...what exactly is everyone going by that says that a mage is a protector?  I'm not saying they shouldn't have armor spells, but logically druids are the protectors and mages have the powerful offensive spells.

Are druids overpowered? Yes and no.  Druids are overpowered at low levels, but at higher ones it's really an opinion.

And Pile ur only bashing druids now because you don't have one anymore. Tongue /hug  it's ok I understand ^.^
I've noticed that most people tend to defend the classes they have crits in.
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.