Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Druids Armor Spells! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 10:25:54

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Druid Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Druids Armor Spells!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Druids Armor Spells!  (Read 3703 times)
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

Druids Armor Spells!
« on: 04/02/03 at 00:09:23 »
Quote Quote

Why is it that a Druid can get more armor class than a level 30 mage with Aura of Protection casted. If you ask me it's totally insane.

Recent test shows that a halfing druids gets 122ac with basic equipment, and 148 ac with sg's aoh and 4 cr's.

THIS IS STUPID!!! How can a druid out cast an armor spell than a master magic user.
No way should druids get more ac than a mage.
If Druids continue to have 148 ac, mages with AoP should reach in excess for 250.

A level 30 mage, with basic equipment Aura of Protecion gives them a pathetic 75 ac.
With sg's, aoh, and 4 cr's the mage achieves 115. Still poxy in comparison with a Druid.

Many players have agreed with me that recently mages have become mainly usable just for invisability. They are losing their worth.

Maybe this post belongs in discussion because it moved onto mages. However it's blatantly obvious to see something must be done about mages been out spelled by druids.
IP Logged
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

Re: Druids Armor Spells!
« Reply #1 on: 04/02/03 at 00:12:13 »
Quote Quote

Well, before their update, druids were...useless. I agree that maybe they get too much ac, but for now, its alright. Besides, they should be able to change their physical state into something tougher and more resilient, its kind of what druids do.
IP Logged

heh
Artemis

Samus, Jocasta ingame.

Derrogative   Derrogative
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 04/02/03 at 00:12:46 »
Quote Quote

Maybe aura should be 'upped', just enough to be better than a druid, but not enough to give them the unfair advantage, as i said in clan chat Smiley
IP Logged

Something has to change. Undeniable dilemma. Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear. Constant over stimulation numbs me and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Artemis

Samus, Jocasta ingame.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 04/02/03 at 00:22:51 »
Quote Quote

Another suggestion i meant to mention to solve this problem without modifying druids, as i and many people think they are perfect as is; Apparently if a mage has 26 wisdom, it doesn't effect the ammount of damage done on other characters, only
effects the mage's tolerance to other defensive spells. Maybe it should play a small part in how much damage is done, not much, but just enough to straighten them out a bit.
IP Logged

Something has to change. Undeniable dilemma. Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear. Constant over stimulation numbs me and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 04/02/03 at 00:32:26 »
Quote Quote

on 04/02/03 at 00:12:13, newb wrote:
. I agree that maybe they get too much ac, but for now, its alright.

How can you say maybe they do, the figures I posted more than prove that. I think the main problem is the fact that all their armor spells can be casted on top of each other.

If this was present with mages then....Base armor +10, +25, +40, * 2.5, should equal the max armor class that a mage with those spells can reach.

So in effect an Arch mage with basic armor would have -  
30 + 10 + 25 + 40 = 105 *2.5 = 262.
Mage with Aoh, sg's and 4 cr's would then have
50 + 10 + 25 + 40 = 125 * 2.5 = 312.

This is what your trying to say Newb. In fact I totally agree it would be fine like that.
IP Logged
Artemis

Samus, Jocasta ingame.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: 04/02/03 at 00:40:20 »
Quote Quote

I don't agree... think of dueling a mage with 300+ac, you would do 0 dmg every hit, there's no way that would be fair lol.

Would be outrageous, and would then again give them the upper hand, almost making them invincible.
IP Logged

Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 04/02/03 at 01:12:08 »
Quote Quote

LOL...you slightly missed my point Jess. I was saying that since Druids armor spells can be casted ontop of each other giving them stupid armor class. Then the same should be evident for mage. Since Newb said Druids were fine, then it should happen and see how many poeple post about mages armor then.

I dont think 300 ac is a good idea by any means, but mages should have a lot more ac after spell casting than ANY other class.
IP Logged
Blast

Email

« Reply #7 on: 04/02/03 at 07:35:57 »
Quote Quote

i completly agree with eternyte
IP Logged
Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: 04/02/03 at 21:16:01 »
Quote Quote

on 04/02/03 at 00:12:46, Reese Stormrage wrote:
Maybe aura should be 'upped', just enough to be better than a druid,

I agree with this. Stoneform doesn't last very long so with only Gaea's Blessing the armor is around 80 which i realize is more than 75...hence the reason the aura should be raised.
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Misconception what you see.
Happiness this cannot be.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

~*~¯|¯èµ F£üff'§ (v)ïñ¡°ñ ~*~
Mammon
USA 

Yup...

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 04/03/03 at 19:13:21 »
Quote Quote

I also agree Eternyte I have a couple druids myself, and I found that with all armor spells, their ac is much better than a mages, which is purely idiotic, considering they already out mage a mage in attacking spells, and also defensive spells, so what is the use of having a mage?
IP Logged
Drizzt

Email

« Reply #10 on: 04/03/03 at 20:35:47 »
Quote Quote

invis, only reason i want one lol
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 04/03/03 at 22:45:33 »
Quote Quote

But Hey, a druid got that too....Camouflage
IP Logged
Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 04/04/03 at 02:55:42 »
Quote Quote

Invis can be cast on others while camo only the druid.  ^.^
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Misconception what you see.
Happiness this cannot be.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

~*~¯|¯èµ F£üff'§ (v)ïñ¡°ñ ~*~
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 04/04/03 at 06:00:07 »
Quote Quote

I agree with andy. When i first got my mage their armor was nice. Now even a lvl 30 halfling fighter can have 101 armor with equipt. My mage with sgs,4 crs,aoh and boots of time only has 140 ac. If a druid has 140 w/o boots of time i think that is kinda rediculous.
IP Logged

My main is Alliedassault.
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 04/04/03 at 09:09:25 »
Quote Quote

140 for a Druid is total absurb anyway. It should just scrape about 100 with sg's, aoh, and 4 cr's in my opinion.

Vampyre - I was talking about a pvp position. Druids are a sustainable class when played on its own. Mages however are not, due to the very rapid mana usage.

From a pvp point of view camouflage actually lasts longer than invisibility, which I also find very hard to believe.
IP Logged
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 04/04/03 at 17:16:42 »
Quote Quote

Another thing to keep in mind is that druids have a weapon to mana leech, mages do not. They regain half hp lost when they morph as well. Just for thought.
IP Logged

Drizzt

Email

« Reply #16 on: 04/04/03 at 17:54:31 »
Quote Quote

When they morph they also can't cast spells though.
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 04/04/03 at 22:47:34 »
Quote Quote

But your not forced to morph are you? Mages are forced to cast Beam, and are forced to use Aura or Protection. Otherwise they would be totally pointless. I've never seen a mage running about pking someone with a spider staff.

Either way Druids shouldnt have more ac than mages after a spell cast, nor should they be casting spells harder at lower levels. There is nothing to discuss about it.
IP Logged
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 04/04/03 at 23:02:34 »
Quote Quote

I know people are not likeing that people are complaining but even if you are a druid user you have to see where myself and eternyte are coming from. The mage is a master magi which if that is true morphing or not nothing would top the magi's spells.  This is just somthing that needs to be addressed. All because druids would not dominate doesnt mean they wont be affective. Look at ranger for instance, they dont hit as hard but a good player can beat almost anything. Be more open minded about what eternyte says.
IP Logged

Mammon
USA 

Yup...

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 04/04/03 at 23:27:20 »
Quote Quote

I agree with Eternyte/Alliedassault if a mage is out mages by a druid then shouldn’t logically a mage out druid a druid? If you don’t want the druid to lose it’s armor then mages should be able to morph, and casts spells while morphed, because druids beat mages in their own profession, casting spells.

I think druids armor spells should be weakened slightly, and a mages should be improved slightly because if a druid is going to be all out better than a mage, what is even the use of having them?

Anyone else who can think of a suggestion that could solve this little problem, feel free to lend us your thoughts.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.