Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Gloria Reef »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 05:35:51

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Gloria Reef
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Gloria Reef  (Read 1991 times)
sayadin
USA 

Why ask why? Stop being a pansy and just do it!!

stonersayadin420   kamikazekarni
View Profile Email

Gloria Reef
« on: 09/24/03 at 22:17:21 »
Quote Quote

I just wanted to see if anybody would considered having it before i finish it off.... you don't want to produce something that no one would want to have... so plz tell me if its good and i will finish the map and send everything to pandi. later... sayadin  

Gloria Reef

There's a place where no one has been or seen before. A place where no man or land creature has ventured. This is under the "Great Lake" or to others known as the ocean. There is a city, Gloria Reef, that is made from the most beautiful coral ever seen, that forms a giant kingdom. This city is civilized by stange sea creatures,known as Tinkas, or shark-like creatures with arms and legs of a human. Most of the Tinkas are guards, fighters, and other types of combatants. They protect their beloved city from any danger that comes by. However, one horrofic day a muscled bound, evil Tinkas named Toar-Ga, emerged from his hiding and attacked Gloria Reef with his army of sea creatures. They Blitzkrieg the city and within minutes the war was all over. The Emporer was captured and enslaved in a prison far away from the city, constantly patrolled by Toar-Ga Minion's. Making sure that the Emporer never be seen again and to be exiled forever as the Emporer once did to Toar-Ga. Now Toar-Ga, as the new Emporer, controls the city and the Tinkas. His army roam the streets sending every Tinkas to a near-by Cresant, called "The Aurora Cresent", to work for the rest of their lives mining out special crystals that is very powerful in magic. He plans to use these crystals to upgrade his weapons, armies, and himself, to take on the above world.  

Then one brave Tinkas, Shaoul, heard out Toar-Ga full plan and sought out to seek aid from the land creatures above and warned them of the upcoming campaign Toar-Ga is planning for them. Almost died of thirst, Shaoul finally made his journey to a land city and can no longer go on for of his poor condition. A miracle happened and some Adventurers spotted Shaoul, and awed at the sight of the unknown beast. Shaoul pleasantly, but demandingly asked for water. The adventurer's, did as he said, and created a spring for him to drink out of. Once fully Hydrated, Shaoul told the Adventurer's of whats to become of them and their land and begs them to stop Toar-Ga's evil reign of terror and help restore his beloved home to once it was before this all happened. And this is where you come in, Adventurer....

Weapons

Broad Sword of the Sharks - Kill Toar-Ga
Base damage: 32, Can be used by: fighters, berserkers, Paladins, Clerics, Description: This sword has a Serraded-Shark teeth edge that is fastened securely into a thick, but extremely hard shark cartilage thats painted with beautiful tribals. The handle is wrapped with the toughest shark hide that is strong enough to withstand the toughest blows and gives the wielder excellent grip. To protect the wielder hands is two extremely durable dorsal fins of a shark., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: -10, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: -1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Shark Hide Dagger- Kill Myrles
Base damage: 18, Can be used by: Thieves, Fighters, Description: An extremely sharp dagger that is capable of piercing through any medium armor and can cause serious injuries if done right. It is made entirely of shark cartilidge and skin to its finest., Level needed to equip it: 21, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Armor

Gills of the Sea - get if from Shaoul for $500 gold
Armor base: 5, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: This seems to be a mask of some sort. It is very slimy and is a live creature from the deep sea. It is told that this creature can provide air to land creatures to help prevent them from drowning. , Level needed to equip it: 20, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Items

Sugar Crystals
Crystals in the Cresent near Gloria Reef that provides you speed for a short period of time. +1 dexterity, for 30 sec.

Monsters

Water Guppy
150hp
3 stam
Attacks:       30-40 dmg = Nibble
Description: A small but mean sea creature. He looks very hungry.

Tiger shark soldier
350hp
1 stam
Attacks:       35-45 dmg = Bite
Description: A medium ranked shark soldier of Toar-Ga's Army. He doesn't seemed to be quite  

happy to see you!

Jellyfish Swarm
175hp  
1 stam
Attacks:       25-35dmg = Stinging Tentacles
Description: A swarm of jellyfish with its poisonous tentacle that could killed an apprentice with  

the slightest touch. The jellyfish realized that you are an intruder and attack you with full force of  

its tentacles.

Bull shark soldier
300hp
1 stam
Attacks:       20-35dmg = Tail Whipped
Description: The lowest ranked soldier of Toar-Ga's army. It seems to be in a very bad mood and  

wants to charge at something!

Mako shark soldier
400hp
2 stam
Attacks:       40-60dmg = Ferocious Bite
Description: The highest ranked soldier of Toar-Ga's Army. He seems to be ravenously hungry!

Giant Squid
1000hp
2 stams
Attacks:       50-60dmg = Suction Cups
      70-90dmg = Beak
Description: This is an enormous sea creature. It looks as though it can obliberate a whole army  

with ease!

Killer Whale
800hp
2 stam
Attacks:       30-45dmg = Tail Whip
      40-60dmg = Killer Bite
Description: This enchanted sea creature may be sweet looking, but its no little sweet heart!

Giant Catfish
1000hp
1 stams
Attack: 55-85dmg = Finned
Description: An enormous creature that has a head as hard as metal down to its fins and its not  

very playful!

Prison Guard
500hp
1 stams
Attack: 35-55dmg = Punches
                        Bosses

*Toar-Ga
99,999,999hp
3 stams
Attacks/Abilities:  
      Heals self = 30hp
      70-130dmg = Broad Sword of the Sharks
      Summon 1 Mako Shark Soldier
Description: The Evil Tinkas who enslaved all of Gloria Reef. He Seems to be very powerful and  

fearless. He is not quite satisfied of what is sturring around him and must take more lives to make  

a point.

**Myrles
999,999hp
2 stams
Attacks:      60-90dmg = Speargun
Description: She is one of Toar-Ga Minions that patrols The Emporer Prison cell and makes sure  

that no one discovers of his where-abouts. She takes nothing from no one!

*Drops  Broad Sword of the Sharks
**Drops Shark Hide Dagger
« Last Edit: 09/25/03 at 06:10:05 by sayadin » IP Logged

WWJD(for a klondìke bar?)
Def-Con Owl Spray
Kills Owls Dead!
[Adult Swim]
I'm more confused than 3 bricks and a toilet seat!
Comedy is like cheese, Once you cut it, you can't stop laughing!!!
Bill
England 

View Profile

Re: Gloria Reef
« Reply #1 on: 09/25/03 at 06:47:30 »
Quote Quote

99 million HP?  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Darkon
USA 

To be weak is an invitation to be killed...

majindonald   ZypherSpelbinder
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 09/25/03 at 06:48:11 »
Quote Quote

Sounds like a pretty big expansion of nightmist that would work out pretty well... Being able to go into water would open up not only the Gloria Reef, but even many other new areas just waiting to be made  Smiley I'de really consider making this area a reality asap
IP Logged

Darkness is the only way, chivalry is another word for lust and desire, heroism is nothing more than demanding attention, and holy is only to control...
Darkon
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 09/25/03 at 06:49:08 »
Quote Quote

That is a LOT of hp...  Shocked
IP Logged

Darkness is the only way, chivalry is another word for lust and desire, heroism is nothing more than demanding attention, and holy is only to control...
Darkon
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 09/25/03 at 06:50:53 »
Quote Quote

Hmm...But consider this....The weapons he drops shoulden't be so easy to get, if he was as weak as the dg or such like that, these weapons would be overpopulated.....If they are even made.
IP Logged

sayadin
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 09/25/03 at 06:52:27 »
Quote Quote

on 09/25/03 at 06:47:30, Bill wrote:
99 million HP?  Roll Eyes

if you think about it... the weapon he drops is pretty powerful... so he has to be strong so he won't be able to drop it, thus making the weapon extremely rare unlike the halberd that was once rare but now is like rabbits... keeps on multiplying
IP Logged

Def-Con Owl Spray
Kills Owls Dead!
[Adult Swim]
Bill
England 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 09/25/03 at 07:02:35 »
Quote Quote

Good point, i like it.  Grin
IP Logged
sayadin
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: 09/25/03 at 07:04:09 »
Quote Quote

Ty.... It took most of my week to create it... even during school! Grin
IP Logged

Def-Con Owl Spray
Kills Owls Dead!
[Adult Swim]
Darkon
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 09/25/03 at 07:08:11 »
Quote Quote

Staff needs to check this out, this would certainly give me more interest in playing nightmist with a whole new region ready for exploration.  Not to mention new monsters and weapons.
IP Logged

Darkon
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 09/25/03 at 07:24:37 »
Quote Quote

And, or course, items and armor!  We shoulden't forget those!
IP Logged

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 09/25/03 at 15:38:39 »
Quote Quote

thats a lot of posts, led me to believe people actually were commenting on it, you should delete your posts and modify your first.....life is way too much for the bosses, that would be more then everything else in the game. also a weapon with 32 base seems kinda far fetched, along with the crysals, too easy to get, people would be popping them in triplex aand such, we'd have sugar popping fulls running around. and heal isnt set, it heals a percentage of its life, i do believe
IP Logged
Outsider

Email

« Reply #11 on: 09/25/03 at 15:49:42 »
Quote Quote

I like it, but i like almost every idea here. But they will never get implented, it shouldnt be too hard too do, but staff are always busy with who knows what.
IP Logged
Darkon
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 09/25/03 at 18:38:07 »
Quote Quote

Well the boss has 99mil hp.  I'm not sure if ANY boss even comes close to that, but chances are that the Broad Sword of the Sharks won't be to far into circulation.  And the weapon has a little to much that shoulden't be used... Like clerics being able to use them.  And i think that's 30 poison dammage, that needs to go as well.  And i think you shoulden't be able to use a shield with that weapon as well.  Because I'de imagine that must be one big sword, it would only be natural that it was a 2 handed weapon.
IP Logged

Outsider

Email

« Reply #13 on: 09/25/03 at 18:41:18 »
Quote Quote

Most bossed dont have a lot of hp but heal themselves, i think Captain Wylsen only has 2k hp or so, but just heals himself a lot. So 99 mill is a bit too much lol
IP Logged
Darkon
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 09/25/03 at 18:53:42 »
Quote Quote

Hmm yes.  Take the healing ability off the boss, alow him only 1 stamina, and increase the dammage he does.  And I think you should talk to the staff about how much HP every other boss has so you can relate to how long it takes to kill them.  Because 99mil hp sounds like they would be there around a few days just trying to kill him.

(And that is IF the staff would tell you, i think that may be information that they won't tell players, like the base dammage of a great axe.)
IP Logged

sayadin
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: 09/25/03 at 18:59:09 »
Quote Quote

ok... how about 1,999,999hp??? Oh and the sugar poppers will be hard to get than you think.... there will be 5 in whole town and you have to destroy the crystal formations... the formations should have about 100k hp since it does give you a +1 to dex for 30 sec. also the crystals will randomly come back to life just like bosses.....and there will guards protecting each one.... thats about it... oh and basically this area is for 4-12 players... or maybe more....
IP Logged

Def-Con Owl Spray
Kills Owls Dead!
[Adult Swim]
sayadin
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 09/25/03 at 19:00:44 »
Quote Quote

and i will remove the healing
IP Logged

Def-Con Owl Spray
Kills Owls Dead!
[Adult Swim]
Darkon
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 09/25/03 at 19:02:25 »
Quote Quote

Yeah, but for people with nothing but an archmaster team probably woulden't have much trouble with a few gaurds and 100k HP.  I'de suggest changing them to normal crystal formations that drop adv. mana (or course lower HP for the formations).  That way a group of people could last a little longer in an unexplored area such at that one.
IP Logged

sayadin
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: 09/25/03 at 19:16:57 »
Quote Quote

sorry guys... what i mean by +1 to dex is it increase your chance to hit and thats it.... not by much and less than a cleric cast with Righteous Fury.
IP Logged

Def-Con Owl Spray
Kills Owls Dead!
[Adult Swim]
Darkon
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 09/25/03 at 19:19:46 »
Quote Quote

Well, that sounds pretty good.  I guess it woulden't make much of a differnce as to people selling them for 40k each or anything.  So i agree with the sugar crystals.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.