Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Wastelands »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 09:25:51

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Wastelands
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wastelands  (Read 925 times)
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Wastelands
« on: 09/12/03 at 05:47:49 »
Quote Quote

Many years of the waste being dumped from Arilin in the beautiful La'Esha Lake has caused many mutations and savage beasts to start coming towards Arilin. The Governor has known of these twisted monsters for years, but has done little to keep them away, or prevent there creation; but now he is unable to do anything about it as they come ever closer and ever stronger. He has now opened the sewers to the beautiful lake, now turned wasteland, hopeing some brave soul can take out the cursed monsters.

sewers will bring you to the wastelands, regular descriptions for them...  

Wastelands:

All around you the odor of rotten carcasses and waste makes the air almost unbreatheable. To your North is the edge of the black lake. You can go East, South, and West.

A dark mist engulfs this area of the lake, what its from, you can't tell at this moment. Terrifying screeches and moans surround you, coming from every direction, even below and above you. The stunted grass underneath your feet fully support your weight, not even bending under the stress, making you wonder even more what could have actually been dumped here from Arilin. You may go in any direction from here. To the North is the lake.

Smiles pages you from The Wastelands (stunted meadows): I'm going home

You are standing on the rim of the lake. Gas expells from the black oil-like liquid coating the top of the lake. You may enter the lake by going North, patrol the rim of the lake by going East and West, or head back towards the sewer drain by going South.

The Lake is coated in thick black liquid, which produces a potent odor resembling a rotting corpse, that restricts even the smallest of waves to be produced in the fiercest of winds. The thick liquad doesn't resemble anything anything you've ever seen before, making you wonder if this is the waste product of the potions sold in Arilin. A small stretch of sand encircles the river as far as you can see, seemingly untouched by the treturous liquid. You may enter the lake by going North or go South towards the drain.

Smiles pages you from the Wastelands (Beach): I'm still going home

You are standing in a masquito infested lake. The black filth that covers the top of the lake seems to actually be a living organism that has now started to cling to your body, and suck the very essence from you. You may exit the lake by going South.

Large mosquito's seem to make the lake and the black filth their breeding ground as thousands fly all around you, land on your skin, and lay their eggs in the coat. The black ooze seems to cling onto your body as you try to make your way through the thick lake, and it even vibrates ever so slightly as if it was it's heartbeat. Walking through the vile liquid, you seem to be losing more and more strength by the second. You may exit to the South or drudge on by going West, East, or North.

Smiles pages you from the Wastelands (Dieing Lake): I seem to be lost...

Monsters
------------------------------------

The Baby Aliigator is about 3 feet long and stares in your direction blocking you from getting past it. The Baby Alligator is in healthy condition.

The Guyser is roughly 3 feet in diameter and spews hot liquid every minute. around the perimeter of it is the remnants of its last expulsion in the form of evaporating water. The Guyser is in a healthy condition.

The Two-Headed Vulture is a mutated form of its parents, and flies a descent distance away from everything most of the time, but it seems to be hungry right now. Unlike it's relatives, this vulture seems to perfer the taste of warm, fresh meat. The Two-Headed Vulture is in healthy condition.

The Cyclops Alligator stretches almost 30 feet, is about 4 feet tall when standing, and has one large green eye in the middle of it's face. This has to be the biggest mutated animal here, for anything bigger would be inconcievable. Blood drips from the alligator's jagged teath as it looks in your general direction. The Cyclops Alligator is in Healthy Condition.

------------------------------
NO items will be dropped in area, just a training place like the orc caves that gives a little more exp the some areas in game, but less gold to balance it out, maybe 50 gold peices for regualar monsters, 80-90 for stronger monsters.

Once again, I may add more descrips Smiley
« Last Edit: 09/28/03 at 06:03:31 by ice_cold » IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Wastelands
« Reply #1 on: 09/12/03 at 06:11:54 »
Quote Quote

I like it so far, basic yet effective, and gives cause for Mutant Rats and the Giant Leeches and so forth. It also creates an oppotunity to expand the sewers northward from Arilin, opening up a further part of the world for development.

Modify: I don't think the mini boss should drop that much cash if it spawns so frequently. Either make it once a day spawn, or dramatically reduce the cash it drops.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 09/12/03 at 06:16:30 »
Quote Quote

on 09/12/03 at 06:11:54, Deval wrote:
I like it so far, basic yet effective, and gives cause for Mutant Rats and the Giant Leeches and so forth. It also creates an oppotunity to expand the sewers northward from Arilin, opening up a further part of the world for development.

Modify: I don't think the mini boss should drop that much cash if it spawns so frequently. Either make it once a day spawn, or dramatically reduce the cash it drops.

i was actually basing it on the fact it would take multiple crits, say 8 arches, around 20-30 minutes to kill
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 09/13/03 at 04:49:58 »
Quote Quote

8 arches 30 minutes...

If that were to be a training area as you say, thats a much too powerful monster...
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 09/14/03 at 06:28:03 »
Quote Quote

on 09/13/03 at 04:49:58, Bean wrote:
8 arches 30 minutes...

If that were to be a training area as you say, thats a much too powerful monster...

it was an example
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 09/14/03 at 06:35:14 »
Quote Quote

So 8 10-20's 20-30 minutes to kill? thats still perty powerful hyuk hyuk  

Sorry... Been hanging around with drunkards all night...
IP Logged

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 09/14/03 at 08:41:14 »
Quote Quote

lol, it would be suited to the area, based on how hard the area, is how hard the boss would be, it would be pretty hard though, based on the fact its not supposed to be a gold making area, just exp
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 09/14/03 at 19:10:39 »
Quote Quote

Ah, Alright cool.

Sounds awesome  Smiley
IP Logged

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 09/22/03 at 05:29:07 »
Quote Quote

nothing else?
IP Logged
dec
Ireland 

Don't F**K with the Irish

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: 09/25/03 at 17:39:10 »
Quote Quote

how much xp did u say these monsters give
IP Logged

http://goten677.tripod.com
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 09/25/03 at 19:12:43 »
Quote Quote

Baby Alligators:             Gold-40    Exp-60    Life: 1,600

Two Headed Vultures:    Gold-75    Exp-60    Life: 3,200

Guysers:                       Gold-0    Exp-75    Life: 8,000

Cyclops Alligator:           Gold-1,500    Exp-70

Edit: spaced it out to make it easier to read
« Last Edit: 10/02/03 at 07:49:37 by ice_cold » IP Logged
Angie

Lolly

kaotickuteness
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 09/28/03 at 07:11:50 »
Quote Quote

Nice,I like ^_^;;
IP Logged

Feeeeeeh
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.