Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Weapons (ready for immediate creation) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/13/24 at 22:20:39

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)  (Read 3223 times)
Dank
USA 

A Friend with weed, is a friend indeed.

Decimus420
View Profile

Re: New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)
« Reply #60 on: 04/17/03 at 03:13:20 »
Quote Quote

Lol, Guess i as thinkin of what could hit it. I was just gonna edit it to all classes but zerks. But Yah i like the idea of swappin the dex for a str n charis mod. Wink But would they actually put that in game?
IP Logged

And not to pull your halo down,
Around your neck and tug you off your cloud
But I'm more than just a little curious
How you're planning to go about
Making your amends to the dead
To the dead
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #61 on: 04/17/03 at 04:53:37 »
Quote Quote

Not a bad idea, but way too powerful as is.

I would think below would be better, (ie- Crystal Gloves - high armor, but very heavy.. adds a 'punch' in your attack [ie. str].)

Crystal Gloves (10% drop on Crystal Giant, 90% for the Crystal Ring).

Armor: 8
Str: 1 (the punch)
Dex: -2 (very heavy)

Fighters, Rangers, and pallys able to wear them..
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #62 on: 04/17/03 at 05:46:47 »
Quote Quote

i wouldnt use something that gives me -2 dex
IP Logged
Exor
USA 

I believe in a thing called loooooove!

View Profile Email

« Reply #63 on: 04/17/03 at 05:46:57 »
Quote Quote

I say make just -1 dex.Because no one will use them if they are -2 dex.
IP Logged

Mark was here... again.. October 2 2017 <3
Pazzer

Prepare to be burnt

View Profile

« Reply #64 on: 04/23/03 at 12:06:45 »
Quote Quote

Library info for Amulet of Looks:
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, Description: This Amulet was forged by the Goddess of love, this amulet is known to make the opposite sex dazed for seconds as they stare into the beauty of the ring., Level needed to equip it: 20, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: +2.
« Last Edit: 04/24/03 at 17:20:42 by Pazzer » IP Logged

contact me on Pazzer
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #65 on: 04/23/03 at 21:07:24 »
Quote Quote

Sorta like Ring of Empathy?
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Pazzer

Prepare to be burnt

View Profile

« Reply #66 on: 04/23/03 at 21:27:37 »
Quote Quote

Yea without the intel bit thou and maybe could give a bit of armor
IP Logged

contact me on Pazzer
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #67 on: 04/23/03 at 23:10:15 »
Quote Quote

put 4 of those babies on, and you got +8 cha........i hope i dont see those put into the game, lol
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #68 on: 04/23/03 at 23:23:23 »
Quote Quote

hmmmmm
i was just thinking about adding drops to monsters that already have weapons.

jagged dagger is used by tattered thieves, and ive always felt, it would be fun to use one. it would have a 1% drop rate.

lvl 3 requirement, used by theives, 5 base damage...just something for fun Smiley. i added code at bottom (i think i did it right, lol)

Jagged Dagger/5/Thieves/1000/The jagged dagger is a bit akward to hold, but is one of the better weapons for novice theives to begin with./5/No/No/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/////small snake 1.1|large snake 1.1////0

or rugged rogue drop rusted dagger, same drop rate

Rusted Dagger/6/Thieves/1000/The small dagger fits firmly in your hand, and has a sturdy grip. Due to many years of use, the dagger has became very rusted, and inflicts extra damage to those who come into contact with the blade/13/No/No/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/25/11/////////0
« Last Edit: 04/23/03 at 23:41:10 by King_Macros » IP Logged
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #69 on: 04/23/03 at 23:37:55 »
Quote Quote

I just thought mages,clerics, and druids could use another piece of armor

Library info for Cloak of Mystery:
Armor base: 45, Can be worn by: druids,clerics,mages, Description: A elegant cloak that shimmers in the light, woven from the finest material found throughout the lands and there seems to be a touch of magic and mystery to it. When worn you feel as if you are shrouded in mystery, if you move with this mysterious cloak on it look's as if the fabric changes colours, which may nausate your foes.., Level needed to equip it: 28., Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: -1.  

The lvl limit canbe changed and I was thinking of making it a plus one to charisma and then figured not and the base armour can still be changed and so can the classes, but I would still like druids to be able to use it.
« Last Edit: 04/24/03 at 02:51:13 by Teh Fluff » IP Logged

King o Sausage

Email

« Reply #70 on: 04/24/03 at 00:54:30 »
Quote Quote

I think you should move the level requirement to 28 on the Cloak of Mystery, and make it a reasonably hard item to get. Other than that it seems to be a nice piece of equipment. Don't see why any stat mods would be put in... Especially since - "if you move with this mysterious cloak on it look's as if the fabric changes colours, which may nausate your foes..," - I see no reason for a Charisma point to be added there... If anything take 1 away.. Then again you can always change the description... All in all it's one of the better suggestions I've seen on here. Cheesy
IP Logged
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #71 on: 04/24/03 at 02:53:01 »
Quote Quote

Yeah thanks for the in-put, it does seem better as a lvl 28 item and now that I think about it the minus charisma makes sense with that description...I hope they can find a nice place for this in-game
IP Logged

King o Sausage

Email

« Reply #72 on: 04/24/03 at 02:55:40 »
Quote Quote

Maybe 50-100k in Windia??
IP Logged
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #73 on: 04/24/03 at 03:02:47 »
Quote Quote

I like the sounds 50k, only cuz I don't wanna pay big money for more armor and druids already have to pay 170k for the hawk talon at lvl 27? I think thats right and then theres the other classes and there stuff
IP Logged

newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #74 on: 04/25/03 at 19:34:11 »
Quote Quote

Cross Knife

Library info for Cross Knife:
Base damage: 26, Level required to use it: 27, can be used by: Thieves, Clerics, Description: This knife was created by a cleric who abandoned his beliefs in order to become what he had been fighting for most of his life. This thief used his knowledge of the holy to create a weapon that would cut through the undead with ease. The shaft is wrapped in tattered pieces of his old robe, still partially blessed by his former deities. The blade is made of precious ore from stolen items of the church. A figure is carved into the knife. It looks as if a person has been crucified onto it.

+30% damage to undead.

Can be acquired as an alternate boss drop from perhaps the Demonic General or Malok. If so, drop rate from Demonic General should be 10% and drop rate from Malok should be 4% seeing as he is easier to kill and his drop rate is low anyways. If bought from somewhere, I have a good idea for a suitable place but would like to only share it with staff if gets added in.

Not sure if clerics should be able to use it because of the high base damage, but it is a holy weapon and therefore they should be able to use it.

Description probably needs some work too, but that can be fixed.

« Last Edit: 04/25/03 at 23:39:46 by newb » IP Logged

heh
Lurch
USA 

Diffrent_Lurch
View Profile

« Reply #75 on: 04/26/03 at 06:14:10 »
Quote Quote

On the idea on the Crystal Gloves it mite be worth it if i gave a charisma or mabey two or you could up the armor more.

Crystal Gloves
Armor:8
Strength: +1
Dexterity: -2
Charisma: +1
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #76 on: 04/26/03 at 06:35:32 »
Quote Quote

Scimitar

Classes: Fighter, Paladin,
lvl requirement: 25
Base Damage: 23
Mods: +5%-10% accuracy
Dropped by Silversail Defector 1%

this would be a nice item just to see some variety in weapons. There's obviously a lot of people using Halberds, and Rose Blade's are coming in more and more each week, But everything under become useless with less base damage, but with this, hopefully there will be people something else Smiley.
IP Logged
King o Sausage

Email

« Reply #77 on: 04/28/03 at 00:30:22 »
Quote Quote

Just got a couple things to say.

newb - I dunno.. The whole idea just seems a little "sketchy".. Unless the weapon was really really rare (which seems like it would be with the boss drops and all..) I think letting Thieves and Clerics use it is a little wierd.. And also the +30% undead seems a little much. But if it was very rare....

Lurch - I like that idea alot actually.

Tender_Foot - By accuracy mod do you mean +1 dex or something??
IP Logged
Horror

Email

« Reply #78 on: 04/28/03 at 07:49:31 »
Quote Quote

Nah, he means that it increases your chance to hit, I can't really say it any different Tongue  

Newb, the idea is good but I don't know if a cleric would use it. If he has 'abandoned his beliefs' then that wouldn't really make it a cleric, so clerics wouldn't be able to use it (possibly an evil one, not sure if they can draw blood) and if it was only an evil one that would mean that alighments would have to be put in.

Sorry if anyones posted about this, and that i'm only just mentioning it ;p Bishop, with your Dark-Ore Short Sword it would be pointless in having it steal mp, as thieves/rangers/fighters have none lol.
IP Logged
Valeska

¨·°¤«Lädý Ðêàth»¤°·¨

View Profile WWW

« Reply #79 on: 04/28/03 at 18:51:03 »
Quote Quote

(To Newb) I don't think a cleric using a knife would be too appropriate, as is there are only two knives in game (Rubber knife and crystal knife) and a cleric can't use a crystal knife.

Library info for Crystal Knife:
Base damage: 15, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, thieves, berserkers, Description: Made up entirely of the desert rose crystal, this prestigious weapon is as deadly as it is beautiful. Extremely sharp and able to easily pierce through common armor, this is a favorable choice among the nobles due to its majestic look. The knife sparkles in a prismatic fashion, emanating beautiful colors when held into the light. The dagger is extremely hard, and is light in weight., Level needed to equip it: 20, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .
IP Logged

http://caprikorn.vze.com & http://samusmaps.vze.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.