Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Weapons (ready for immediate creation) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/14/24 at 14:21:43

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)  (Read 3226 times)
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

Re: New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)
« Reply #40 on: 03/23/03 at 09:07:59 »
Quote Quote

As posted in the beginning of this thread, there is now the availability to make a monster drop more than 1 item, and at different percentages.  A weapon called a fancy short sword was added at a low drop rate along with the scarlett dagger.  So it is possible.  I like the idea of the Rose Blade though also.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #41 on: 03/23/03 at 12:00:41 »
Quote Quote

on 03/23/03 at 08:56:11, ICP wrote:
Atrium cant drop it it Drops CPA. and i doubt JLH will change that but yes i would like to see Rose Blade come out.

Swich Blade

Base:20  Mabye a lil higher
Can be used by:Thiefs
Description:The Switch Blade is a very small knife wich is crafted with the lightest but very strong steel , and with its retractable blade makes it great for fast and swift kills.

Level needed to equip it: 27, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: -1, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: hydra body: 0, Mana leech: .

What's with all the suggesting items that take away from useless stats? Like the bow for rangers that give +1 dex and -2 int. if a weapon as a modifier, it should have an equal setback. Almost everything in the game, no matter how hard it is to get has setbacks if it has mods.
IP Logged
ICP

Would you like a Smook and a Pancake?

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #42 on: 03/23/03 at 20:56:10 »
Quote Quote

i think every one needs Chr to heal so i dont think its useless...
IP Logged

My profile my words... NM BLOWS
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #43 on: 03/23/03 at 21:37:33 »
Quote Quote

it doesnt make as big of a difference as when it was first introduced in the game. Also takeing away 1 cha wouldn't do much. i am wondering though, how it would take away from cha, i dont see how a switchblade would make anyone less beautiful.
IP Logged
ICP

Would you like a Smook and a Pancake?

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #44 on: 03/24/03 at 00:39:42 »
Quote Quote

not as good looking as a Golden Dagger  Wink *donno*
IP Logged

My profile my words... NM BLOWS
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #45 on: 03/24/03 at 00:46:46 »
Quote Quote

Maybe because people who use switch blades are thugs and the such, lol, I dont think of them as pretty.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #46 on: 03/24/03 at 03:27:10 »
Quote Quote

lol. well im just saying, if i was going out with someone, and i pulled out a knife, i wouldnt be any more 'ugly'. just as if i just met someone, was talking to them, and pulled one out, it wouldnt make me less 'cute'.
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #47 on: 03/24/03 at 03:58:18 »
Quote Quote

Remember it is not just how you look, but how people look at you and favor you. Charismatic means more than just physical beauty, but an ability to be persuasive too.  So if I think of someone who pulls a knife on me, course using this as an example is silly sense any weapon on the game could be used as an example, then I would be looking at this person less favorably.
IP Logged
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #48 on: 03/24/03 at 06:48:16 »
Quote Quote

on 03/03/03 at 02:02:26, Jenni wrote:

I think Cyric is trying to impress the developers by putting work into Nightmist trying to get his old position back...

Don’t make comments when you have no idea what you are talking about. Cyric already has the other staff and player’s respect. He has contributed countless ideas, suggestions, and areas to the game. Cyric has stated before he would not take his position back even if offered. He is continuing to post ideas and suggestions showing how mature he is in dealing with his dismissal and his wish for a better game.

So I suggest you do your research before posting further on this subject.
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #49 on: 03/24/03 at 06:51:40 »
Quote Quote

That post is 22 days old.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #50 on: 03/24/03 at 17:43:52 »
Quote Quote

Yes, I did look at the dates before posting. But I felt that it needed my response, 22 days old or not.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #51 on: 03/25/03 at 11:05:31 »
Quote Quote

on 03/24/03 at 03:58:18, ArchAngel wrote:
Remember it is not just how you look, but how people look at you and favor you. Charismatic means more than just physical beauty, but an ability to be persuasive too.  So if I think of someone who pulls a knife on me, course using this as an example is silly sense any weapon on the game could be used as an example, then I would be looking at this person less favorably.

in response to that, how bout we make all weapons give -cha. since any person would look less favorably on someone holding a weapon, and everyone generally has a weapon equipped. this kinda makes your aurgument very weak.
IP Logged
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: 04/08/03 at 22:17:23 »
Quote Quote

on 02/26/03 at 04:07:48, Alicia wrote:
OK while we are at this...

Weapon - Rapier (Bought for around 30k in one of the new towns or as boss drop)

Lvl - 22
Class - Fighter
Base - 20
Dex - +1

Alternative to - Halberd (base 25 no stat mod)

fluff - The rapier is a long slender blade crafted by and for the finest of warriors who take duelling as an art. Although not as devastating as some of the other advanced weapons around, no weapon exists which can match the rapiers ability to parry opponents thrusts and strike back in the blink of an eye.

Hear Hear,

(now how many times have I suggested this?) But how would a thin sword like a rapier have the base damage of a BOH.

I'd change this to 17 base damage, but +2 dex.
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #53 on: 04/08/03 at 22:35:54 »
Quote Quote

Scimitar:

Level: 15

Base Damage: 16

Vamparic: No

Magical: No

Dex: -1
Str: +2

Class: Fighters

Description:

Designed by a mastermind, this weapon gives advantage to each skilled and successful blow.  The handle is made of gold, to add weight and momentum to a swing.  It then joins with a curved blade, at the beginning of which is plain steel, but at the middle of the curve are three layers of VERY firmly compacted steel, which is heavy and makes blows awkward, but can easily damage the victim.  Its takes a moderately skilled warrior to wield this mighty weapon, though he must be devoted (hence no berserkers).

My suggestion to place this is give it as a random drop for gnoll warriors or maybe demonic soldiers, like maybe a 000.8% chance of drop.

IP Logged

I'm hungry!
The_barbarian

SHUTUP! I DONT CARE!

View Profile

« Reply #54 on: 04/09/03 at 00:16:15 »
Quote Quote

I just thought this would be pretty cool.

Name:Infinite blade
Base Damage:26
lvl to equip:30
Can be used by:Fighters

Dex modifier:+1
Strength:+1

Description:This blade which took years to finally craft is a sword which is so powerful only the certain few can weild it.  
It is so light that you can attack effortlessly. It gleams as you examine its fine structure and even despite its weight it has the force of a sword triple its own size. This sword is said to have infinite power and therefore received its name as the Infinite Blade.

IP Logged

SHUTUP! I DONT CARE!SHUTUP!I DONT CARE!SHUTUP I DONT CARE!SHUTUP! I DONT CARE!SHUTUP!I DONT CARE!SHUTUP I DONT CARE!SHUTUP! I DONT CARE!SHUTUP!I DONT CARE!SHUTUP I DONT CARE!
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #55 on: 04/09/03 at 05:09:46 »
Quote Quote

Most of the weapons being posted will never be put in.. For Example, that one right there.. A weapon with a higher base then the Halberd, that adds a Dex AND Str.. Unless it was a questy or the drop was 1% or less I really doubt it would be put in.

At least make weapons that try to make the game =..
IP Logged

Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #56 on: 04/09/03 at 06:58:38 »
Quote Quote

on 04/09/03 at 05:09:46, Matt wrote:
Most of the weapons being posted will never be put in.. For Example, that one right there.. A weapon with a higher base then the Halberd, that adds a Dex AND Str.. Unless it was a questy or the drop was 1% or less I really doubt it would be put in.

At least make weapons that try to make the game =..

it seems to me, people are just trying to make weapons that would benefit with no justifiable set back
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #57 on: 04/09/03 at 07:02:18 »
Quote Quote

on 04/08/03 at 22:17:23, Dwaerkyn wrote:

Hear Hear,

(now how many times have I suggested this?) But how would a thin sword like a rapier have the base damage of a BOH.

I'd change this to 17 base damage, but +2 dex.

+2 dex is friggin rediculous. i would like to suggest you read all posts, before posting yourself.
IP Logged
Dank
USA 

A Friend with weed, is a friend indeed.

Decimus420
View Profile

« Reply #58 on: 04/16/03 at 04:45:35 »
Quote Quote

Ty, Ty for putting in Rose Blade!  Tongue As i was thinking of another alternate boss drop, I thought of the crystal giant. He attacks you with crystal fists. So why not add an alternate drop to him too.  

Crystal Gloves
Armor base: 6, Can be worn by: rangers, paladins, thieves Description: These elegant gloves are made of pure crystal. They are very lightweight and awkwardly shaped.  Level needed to equip it: 27, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1.

Or 7-8 armor, no dex mod..
IP Logged

And not to pull your halo down,
Around your neck and tug you off your cloud
But I'm more than just a little curious
How you're planning to go about
Making your amends to the dead
To the dead
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #59 on: 04/16/03 at 14:01:05 »
Quote Quote

i dont understand why you picked those 3 classes to wear then, specially when palladin and fighters are so close together. But I do like your idea, bue i wanna change it a bit Smiley

Armor base: 6, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, Level needed to equip it: 27, Strength modifier: 1, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1.

It seems to me there's enough spider gauntlets floating around for the current players. and dex already has a lot of modifiers, why not throw something new out Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.