Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Weapons (ready for immediate creation) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/13/24 at 22:12:40

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)  (Read 3222 times)
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

Re: New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)
« Reply #80 on: 04/28/03 at 21:36:10 »
Quote Quote

I said I was unsure if Clerics should be able to use it because of that. You don't see Clerics going around stabbing people with knives. But the knife itself does have holy properties. Also, Clerics do use ceremonial/sacrificial knives. To the people that say clerics wouldn't use a ceremonial/sacrificial knife because its not holy or whatnot, the Cleric has his own beliefs and religion. Technically a cleric could worship satan and consider himself holy. Also, there are many knives and swords associated with clerics and religious figures. The only problem I see with Clerics being able to use this is the high base damage.
IP Logged

heh
Horror

Email

« Reply #81 on: 05/04/03 at 09:49:07 »
Quote Quote

The high base damage and the fact that clerics don't draw blood.. They can use blunt weapons (Like hammers, maces) but not sharp objects that draw blood.
IP Logged
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #82 on: 05/04/03 at 20:21:29 »
Quote Quote

Discussion of alternate drops for monsters should be continued here :

http://81.99.152.130/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=mapdev;action=display;nu m=1052009515
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Neurotica

View Profile

« Reply #83 on: 05/13/03 at 14:06:30 »
Quote Quote

Library info for: Goldbrand
Base damage 30
Can be worn by: fighter
Description This Legendary saber is a swift weapon held by an old yet powerful Vampire named Beothiah.  Designed to inflict large amounts of damage to ones opponent. Armed with a large, razor sharp blade.  It glows gold from the enormous amount of magical energy and lava deep within the blade and stained with the blood of its countless victims. The weapon looks extremely dangerous and of very fine craftsmanship.  
Level needed to equip it 30  
Magical Yes
Vamparic: .25  
Strength modifier: 1  
Intelligence modifier: 0  
Dexterity modifier: 1  
Constitution modifier: 0  
Wisdom modifier: 0  
Charisma modifier: 0  

could have a better description staff might want to revise.
prolly a one time quest and worth like 20 million.

IP Logged

flabbins
Blast

Email

« Reply #84 on: 05/13/03 at 15:24:00 »
Quote Quote

eh.. i dont like this idea of making someone a god
IP Logged
newb

View Profile Email

« Reply #85 on: 05/13/03 at 19:32:21 »
Quote Quote

The Goldbrand shouldn't be brought into the game. Its too powerful for starters. Even as a one time drop, its just too much. Besides, nobody ingame even has 20 mil (Jen might but last I heard it was around 1Cool. I would much rather have 2 csotw's than one of these things anyways.
IP Logged

heh
newb

View Profile Email

« Reply #86 on: 05/13/03 at 19:33:51 »
Quote Quote

on 05/04/03 at 09:49:07, Horror wrote:
The high base damage and the fact that clerics don't draw blood.. They can use blunt weapons (Like hammers, maces) but not sharp objects that draw blood.

Priests, not Clerics. There is a difference. The actual definition of a Cleric is much different than how they are portrayed in Nightmist.
IP Logged

heh
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #87 on: 05/28/03 at 21:46:26 »
Quote Quote

'The actual definition of a Cleric is much different than how they are portrayed in Nightmist. '

Yes they are. That hook-handed guy who preaches people to kill in the name of jihad and the government is trying its hardest to throw out of the country is officialy known as a 'cleric'

Clerics can be whatever you want them to be. If you want them to be priests, fine. If you want them to be crazed alquida guys that tell people to strap bombs to themselves, fine.
IP Logged
Mordakai

Email

« Reply #88 on: 05/28/03 at 22:37:00 »
Quote Quote

on 05/13/03 at 19:33:51, Cloud wrote:

Priests, not Clerics. There is a difference. The actual definition of a Cleric is much different than how they are portrayed in Nightmist.

I'm a little confused here. Priests aren't in game, so you obviously can't be saying they would use it not Clerics. On the other hand, clerics can't draw blood (basic rule from D & D) so I really have no idea what your talking about.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #89 on: 05/30/03 at 06:55:44 »
Quote Quote

I wish people would stop relating this game to D&D. It's not D&D, that's the way D&D's creators wanted D&D to be. It doesn't mean that everything must function around the rules a couple of uber geeks designed more than a decade ago.

Now that D&D rubbish is done with, here is the literal sense of the word.

Cleric, clerk, and clark all come from Latin clricus, “a man in a religious order, a man in holy orders.” Cleric appears in Old English about 975 and lasts into the 13th century. Clerc appears in late Old English, around 1129, and was identical in spelling and pronunciation with Old French clerc, “belonging to the (Christian) clergy.” In the Middle Ages the clergy were the only literate class and were often employed as scribes, secretaries, or notaries. By about 1200 clerc had acquired the meaning “pupil, scholar,” as we see in Chaucer's “clerk of Oxenford” in The Canterbury Tales (around 1386). Clerks were also of necessity employed in keeping accounts and recording business transactions; this is the source of the modern sense of clerk. By the early 17th century, the word clerk had become completely ambiguous; it could refer equally to a clergyman or to an accountant. For this reason cleric (spelled Clericke and with its modern pronunciation) was introduced or reintroduced from Latin or Greek as both a noun and an adjective to refer specifically to a member of the clergy. The pronunciation (klärk), spelled clark and clerk, arose in the south of England during the 15th century and is today the Received Pronunciation of clerk in the United Kingdom. The modern American pronunciation (klûrk) more closely represents the older pronunciation. The pronunciation (klärk) is used in the United States only in the proper name Clark. The south England sound change responsible for the pronunciation (klärk) also gave rise to parson (beside person), varsity (beside university), and even varmint (beside vermin).
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #90 on: 06/01/03 at 04:25:10 »
Quote Quote

on 05/30/03 at 06:55:44, Deval wrote:
I wish people would stop relating this game to D&D. It's not D&D, that's the way D&D's creators wanted D&D to be. It doesn't mean that everything must function around the rules a couple of uber geeks designed more than a decade ago.

Now that D&D rubbish is done with, here is the literal sense of the word.

Cleric, clerk, and clark all come from Latin clricus, “a man in a religious order, a man in holy orders.” Cleric appears in Old English about 975 and lasts into the 13th century. Clerc appears in late Old English, around 1129, and was identical in spelling and pronunciation with Old French clerc, “belonging to the (Christian) clergy.” In the Middle Ages the clergy were the only literate class and were often employed as scribes, secretaries, or notaries. By about 1200 clerc had acquired the meaning “pupil, scholar,” as we see in Chaucer's “clerk of Oxenford” in The Canterbury Tales (around 1386). Clerks were also of necessity employed in keeping accounts and recording business transactions; this is the source of the modern sense of clerk. By the early 17th century, the word clerk had become completely ambiguous; it could refer equally to a clergyman or to an accountant. For this reason cleric (spelled Clericke and with its modern pronunciation) was introduced or reintroduced from Latin or Greek as both a noun and an adjective to refer specifically to a member of the clergy. The pronunciation (klärk), spelled clark and clerk, arose in the south of England during the 15th century and is today the Received Pronunciation of clerk in the United Kingdom. The modern American pronunciation (klûrk) more closely represents the older pronunciation. The pronunciation (klärk) is used in the United States only in the proper name Clark. The south England sound change responsible for the pronunciation (klärk) also gave rise to parson (beside person), varsity (beside university), and even varmint (beside vermin).

to bad most nightmist players will stil argue that they can only useblunt weapons because of d&d crap. i tp my hat to you, for trying to teach the ignorant people of this game
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.