Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - New Weapons (ready for immediate creation) サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/14/24 at 13:18:27

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)  (Read 3225 times)
Tender_Foot

Email

Re: New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)
« Reply #20 on: 02/27/03 at 23:24:20 »
Quote Quote

Well then, how about, since there are quite a few areas without current developers, i.e. Scarlet Daggers Guild, Orc Caves, Cities, and Swamp; why can't they be put there?
IP Logged
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: 02/27/03 at 23:34:00 »
Quote Quote

on 02/27/03 at 23:24:20, Tender_Foot wrote:
Well then, how about, since there are quite a few areas without current developers, i.e. Scarlet Daggers Guild, Orc Caves, Cities, and Swamp; why can't they be put there?

Sorry, I don't quite follow, you're saying that some areas in the game (several which are finished and have boss drops) should have extra weapons randomly added which are designed in this thread?
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #22 on: 02/28/03 at 01:11:13 »
Quote Quote

No, I was pointing out the fact that some area's dont have someone working on them any more, and can be updated to suit the current needs of the game. I know for a fact Orc Caves lack much substance to them, it's just Granite Beasts, Vampire Bats, and Orcs. Maybe somethoing else can be added to make it more interesting. Also, rather then talking about staff putting their own drops in their area, you could put stuff in this thread into the cities.
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 02/28/03 at 05:20:31 »
Quote Quote

In my original post under the suggestion forum, I had stated that it would be nice to see a larger of variety of weapons come unto the game, no matter it be in boss drops or just sold in stores.  Like stated under that thread, it would not be too difficult now that monsters now have the ability to have multiple drops and drop ratios to maybe have a rarer weapon dropped every so often.  One quick swipe in the monster creator, and put it into the game.  I am not meaning to sound demeaning, or tell anyone how to do their job, I just think that it would do the game some good to see a variety running around.
IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: 02/28/03 at 15:27:26 »
Quote Quote

^ exactly ^

Maybe Pan sightly misunderstood my intent. These items suggestioned (mine anyway) are meant to be added to existing drops (as secondary, occasional drops). As it says with the 'Fancy Short Sword', this should be added to Sylva's drop (currently Advanced Healing Potion) - so she would drop adv. heal and possibly a 'Fancy Short Sword' (probably .01), which is a weapon she already attacks with.

I'll add the code to enter them in (to save staff even more time); use them if you want.

---edited---
Code added - provided the code is correct, they should take less than 2 min. each to add to the game (including time to verify code).

Also, the purpose of this forum section was 'originally' for area development - this has changed considerably.  The fundamental principle of this section is to allow players to help add to the game, saving staff time and and allowing for more work to get done.
« Last Edit: 02/28/03 at 16:27:06 by Bishop » IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 02/28/03 at 22:21:30 »
Quote Quote

Ummm you are flaming someone who is trying to add to an area that they made by saying that the creator of the area should be the one to set the drops Pandi. Now please tell me where your coming from.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 02/28/03 at 22:22:53 »
Quote Quote

Pandi you are flaming Cyric with Let the Creator of an Area Make the Drops when the original post was a weapon for an area he made.

Next this is Nightmist Development now not Area Development.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: 02/28/03 at 23:00:33 »
Quote Quote

It is my mistake, I didn't realise that you meant add it as an alternative drop.

I added the fancy short sword.

I apologise, I originally was under the impression that you wanted to randomly add some monsters that dropped new things simply because the game needed more weapons.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #28 on: 03/01/03 at 03:48:36 »
Quote Quote

yaaaaaay :-D
IP Logged
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 03/01/03 at 15:57:42 »
Quote Quote

I don't know about you guys, but when I play games like these. I like it custimized you know with your character and with items.

Every archmaster fighter wears and uses almost the same kind of weapon and armor. Every mage does to, even thieves, paladins, etc. I kinda get sick of seeing a archmaster with the same items that he's suppose to use in the game. What if there were veriaties of weapons and armor for classes?  

Like instead of a halberd for a master fighter, he can choose a large flail if he wanted to. (<for example) Or even another weapon! Or this one ranger is wearing the vest of Nightmist! Or idk! Just something like that, theres gotta be more items I think. So everyone could be different in a way you know? I'm sure ALOT of people post stuff similer to this, or even just like this. But I think it would be SO great if you guys did this one day.
IP Logged

For we have crossed many oceans, and we labor that in between.. In life, there are many quotients.. And I hope I find the mean..
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 03/01/03 at 19:40:00 »
Quote Quote

I mean if the people of NM think of these items go to your local blacksmith then use a little gold for him to make the weapon then if he likes it sell him the copywrite (lol)
IP Logged

Jenni

I am Jennifer of AOTN in the game

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: 03/03/03 at 02:02:26 »
Quote Quote

on 02/25/03 at 17:03:17, Bishop wrote:
Fancy Short Sword  
(alternate drop for Sylva of the Scarlet Dagger Guild added to current drop)
Description: Elegantly crafted and highly decorated, this short sword is a prize among those who enjoy flaunting wealth. The blade is highly polished and engraved with geometric patterns along its length. The hilt and cross guard are a gold and steel blend with gemstone inlays. Although functional and very beautiful, this weapon lacks the refined mechanical craftsmanship to be an exceptional weapon.

Stats: B:11 L:17 Cha:+1 (price, if applicable, 2500)
 class: F P R T (mainly for Thief)
Closest in game weapon: Golden Dagger B 13 L 17 Resthaven (900)

Base damage (11) is below normal for the level required (17) to compensate for the +1 charisma - which imo is an insignificant stat bonus.
----edited---
I used class binar as (CDFMPRTB) - if barbarian is added at the beginning (alphabetical) this will need changed.

/itemedit Fancy Short Sword/11/00100110/1282/Elegantly crafted and highly decorated, this short sword is a prize among those who enjoy flaunting wealth. The blade is highly polished and engraved with geometric patterns along its length. The hilt and cross guard are a gold and steel blend with gemstone inlays. Although functional and very beautiful, this weapon lacks the refined mechanical craftsmanship to be an exceptional weapon./17/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/1/0/0/////////

/monsterstat Sylva:19:Advanced Healing Potion%{007fff{In her hasty retreat, Sylva dropped an Advanced Healing Potion.{ff8780{|Fancy Short Sword%{007fff{Being forced to flee for her very life, Sylva hastily discards her sword.{ff8780{
/monsterstat Sylva:20:.25|.01

I think Cyric is trying to impress the developers by putting work into Nightmist trying to get his old position back...
IP Logged

Crits: Uki, Jennifer, Shannon
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 03/03/03 at 02:39:36 »
Quote Quote

Ummm he does not have to impress the developers he is the best at his old job there ever was.
IP Logged

Valentine

Welcome to the human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: 03/03/03 at 04:37:20 »
Quote Quote

on 03/03/03 at 02:02:26, Jenni wrote:
I think Cyric is trying to impress the developers by putting work into Nightmist trying to get his old position back...

Oh joy; you're back.  Roll Eyes

I don't think "Cyric" has anything left to prove. Perhaps a better assessment would be he can rise above certain petty arguments to help make the game better.

It's nothing new, actually. This is how he got the staff position in the first place. The only difference is he now has knowledge of how the stats, etc. work.

Now, go back into exile and spare us all.
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #34 on: 03/03/03 at 12:31:00 »
Quote Quote

You people shouldn't complain when somebody does something. (Now) I know Cyric and I don't think he would be trying to get his staff position back with this... And even if he was, that's up to him and other staff. To us all is a small but significant improvement to the game. And that's all that matters to us that are not staff.

So instead of complaining, try improving the game as well.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #35 on: 03/04/03 at 07:29:57 »
Quote Quote

i thought he said he wouldnt even take his staff position back if he was offered
IP Logged
Starry
New_Zealand 

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: 03/23/03 at 06:42:40 »
Quote Quote

There should be a boss(extreamly strong) who drops a weapon (no name) that is for:
Level - 20
Base Damage - 15
Stat Mod - + 2 str and + 2 Dex
Class - Berserkers and Fighters

If it can't be a boss, maybe it might cost alot.
IP Logged

Cry me a god dammn river!
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #37 on: 03/23/03 at 06:56:48 »
Quote Quote

on 03/23/03 at 06:42:40, Caramel wrote:
There should be a boss(extreamly strong) who drops a weapon (no name) that is for:
Level - 20
Base Damage - 15
Stat Mod - + 2 str and + 2 Dex
Class - Berserkers and Fighters

If it can't be a boss, maybe it might cost alot.

this weapon is way to strong
IP Logged
Dank
USA 

A Friend with weed, is a friend indeed.

Decimus420
View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 03/23/03 at 08:17:32 »
Quote Quote

Know what ive always wanted? A Rose Blade! Atrium of course would drop it. Like mabey a 1% chance? Base could be 25 - 27. Lvl to use it 30. Fighters/zerkers/pally.  
Magical Yes (how else could you have a blade made of roses?)

This incredible sword is made entirely of innertwined roses. Its handle is a spiral of rose stems covered in thorns and leaves. The blade itself is made solely of many dry rose pedals, which appear to be as hard as steel.  

Just a thought.
IP Logged

And not to pull your halo down,
Around your neck and tug you off your cloud
But I'm more than just a little curious
How you're planning to go about
Making your amends to the dead
To the dead
ICP

Would you like a Smook and a Pancake?

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 03/23/03 at 08:56:11 »
Quote Quote

Atrium cant drop it it Drops CPA. and i doubt JLH will change that but yes i would like to see Rose Blade come out.

Swich Blade

Base:20 Mabye a lil higher
Can be used by:Thiefs
Description:The Switch Blade is a very small knife wich is crafted with the lightest but very strong steel , and with its retractable blade makes it great for fast and swift kills.

Level needed to equip it: 27, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: -1, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: hydra body: 0, Mana leech: .

IP Logged

My profile my words... NM BLOWS
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.