Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Weapons (ready for immediate creation) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/14/24 at 12:18:14

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)  (Read 3224 times)
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)
« on: 02/25/03 at 17:03:17 »
Quote Quote

Fancy Short Sword  
(alternate drop for Sylva of the Scarlet Dagger Guild – added to current drop)
Description: Elegantly crafted and highly decorated, this short sword is a prize among those who enjoy flaunting wealth. The blade is highly polished and engraved with geometric patterns along its length. The hilt and cross guard are a gold and steel blend with gemstone inlays. Although functional and very beautiful, this weapon lacks the refined mechanical craftsmanship to be an exceptional weapon.

Stats: B:11 L:17 Cha:+1 (price, if applicable, 2500)
  class: F P R T   (mainly for Thief)
Closest in game weapon: Golden Dagger B 13 L 17 Resthaven (900)

Base damage (11) is below normal for the level required (17) to compensate for the +1 charisma - which imo is an insignificant stat bonus.
----edited---
I used class binar as (CDFMPRTB) - if barbarian is added at the beginning (alphabetical) this will need changed.

/itemedit Fancy Short Sword/11/00100110/1282/Elegantly crafted and highly decorated, this short sword is a prize among those who enjoy flaunting wealth. The blade is highly polished and engraved with geometric patterns along its length. The hilt and cross guard are a gold and steel blend with gemstone inlays. Although functional and very beautiful, this weapon lacks the refined mechanical craftsmanship to be an exceptional weapon./17/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/1/0/0/////////

/monsterstat Sylva:19:Advanced Healing Potion%{007fff{In her hasty retreat, Sylva dropped an Advanced Healing Potion.{ff8780{|Fancy Short Sword%{007fff{Being forced to flee for her very life, Sylva hastily discards her sword.{ff8780{
/monsterstat Sylva:20:.25|.01

« Last Edit: 02/28/03 at 15:49:07 by Bishop » IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

Re: New Weapons (ready for immediate creation)
« Reply #1 on: 02/25/03 at 17:38:31 »
Quote Quote

Double Ball Flail:
(Different weapon for clerics)

Description:  Two silver spiked balls are connected to a steel arm by a length of chain.  Though it can be difficult to wield properly, the double balls can cause severe damage to an enemy.

Modifiers: Str: +1, Dex -1
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/25/03 at 17:55:45 »
Quote Quote

Ceremonial Dagger:  A dagger for Mages

Description:  This dagger has been used in many sacrificial ceremonies by a cult of Evil Mages.  Many enchanments have been placed upon it, and it's blade is stained red from the blood of its victims.

Base Damage: 12  Mana Leech: .3  Vampiric: .1
lvl's: 25+
IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/25/03 at 19:08:19 »
Quote Quote

Dark-Ore Short Sword
I think this would be a good addition to Malok's drop.
Description: Rare black ore from the Dark Mines has been molded into a smooth blade. The unique properties of this ore, when awakened properly, attract and absorb magical energies. Weapons forged of this ore are difficult to wield, but are effective for use in battling magic using opponents.

Stats: B:17 L:25, -1 dex, +2 wis, mana leech: 0.015
Class: F R T (thief mainly)

Other similar items: Magma Knife T L:25 B:20 Blackthorn (10k) & Dagger of Spirits T L:28 B:27 Giant Sand Wurm drop

/itemedit Dark-Ore Short Sword/17/00100110/1244/Rare black ore from the Dark Mines has been molded into a smooth blade. The unique properties of this ore, when awakened properly, attract and absorb magical energies. Weapons forged of this ore are difficult to wield, but are effective for use in battling magic using opponents./25/0/0/0/0/0/-1/0/2/0/0/0//////.015///

I could not tell the exact field for Mana Leech (it's not labeled on the Editor) - that should be verified as well as the Class Binary.

/monsterstat Malok:19:Dark-Ore Short Sword%{007fff{{ff8780{|Emerald Dagger%{007fff{{ff8780{
/monsterstat Malok:20:.075|.01  (.01 should be what the drop is now ?)

« Last Edit: 02/28/03 at 16:16:27 by Bishop » IP Logged

King_Macros

Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/26/03 at 00:30:32 »
Quote Quote

~~~Rusty Short Sword~~~

---Description---
Sitting for many years, water has caroded and rusted this weapon. Although over time this wepon has become quite dull, the rust alone can injure all who are touched by it.

Stats: B=1 L=1 poison=.5 poison dmg=10
Class: F P B R T

could possibly be put into orc caves, 1% of all short swords dropped by orc's when dieing might be this weapon.  
« Last Edit: 02/26/03 at 06:58:13 by King_Macros » IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/26/03 at 04:07:48 »
Quote Quote

OK while we are at this...

Weapon - Rapier (Bought for around 30k in one of the new towns or as boss drop)

Lvl - 22
Class - Fighter
Base - 20
Dex - +1

Alternative to - Halberd (base 25 no stat mod)

fluff - The rapier is a long slender blade crafted by and for the finest of warriors who take duelling as an art. Although not as devastating as some of the other advanced weapons around, no weapon exists which can match the rapiers ability to parry opponents thrusts and strike back in the blink of an eye.
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/26/03 at 05:10:38 »
Quote Quote

wouldn't the base be a bit lower?
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #7 on: 02/26/03 at 05:11:05 »
Quote Quote

well, let me suggest another.

~~~Spiked Club~~~

---description---
Wielded with both hand, the long wooden club has a metal cap around the end with metal spikes jutting outwards. The brown club is tainted in blood discoloring it slightly, and warning everything in your path to get out of the way.

Stats: B=27 lvl=25 -2 dex
Class: F B

Could be a new boss drop or sold in shops for, say, 150k this is an alternative to Halberd B=25 lvl=20
« Last Edit: 02/26/03 at 06:57:32 by King_Macros » IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/26/03 at 06:35:24 »
Quote Quote

how 'bout 18 then?
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/26/03 at 06:43:30 »
Quote Quote

One thing to be sure to do if you are trying to create anything to be put into game, whether it be items, or weapons, or areas, is to make sure you run a spell check on your work before posting it.  As the topic reads, ideas are supposed to be ready for immediate creation.  If a staff member has to run spell check, or correct everything you right, it defeats the purpose of the post.  I know that if I was a staff member looking through the endless posts for things to add to games, I would not choose those that have little time or effort put into them, which can be blatantly seen through misspellings.  So next time you would like to post a new idea, no matter what forum it may be on, look over it a bit and help the staff by doing a little extra work.
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #10 on: 02/26/03 at 06:51:39 »
Quote Quote

on 02/26/03 at 06:35:24, Alicia wrote:
how 'bout 18 then?

i think that would work, its just because of the +1 dex mod
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #11 on: 02/26/03 at 06:53:32 »
Quote Quote

on 02/26/03 at 06:43:30, ArchAngel wrote:
One thing to be sure to do if you are trying to create anything to be put into game, whether it be items, or weapons, or areas, is to make sure you run a spell check on your work before posting it.  As the topic reads, ideas are supposed to be ready for immediate creation.  If a staff member has to run spell check, or correct everything you right, it defeats the purpose of the post.  I know that if I was a staff member looking through the endless posts for things to add to games, I would not choose those that have little time or effort put into them, which can be blatantly seen through misspellings.  So next time you would like to post a new idea, no matter what forum it may be on, look over it a bit and help the staff by doing a little extra work.

can you elaborate slightly on who? i dont have a spell check on my comp (i know its odd, but i dont have msn word or anything like that) so i cant always check my spelling with convienence
IP Logged
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (‚Ü‚Ë‚«‚Ë‚±j

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/26/03 at 14:32:52 »
Quote Quote

I think you'll find most area developers like to design and add their own weapons, you may find your time is better spent designing other things for the game.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Stigmata
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 02/26/03 at 16:09:32 »
Quote Quote

As Pandilex said, Area creators like to add their own items/weapons to the areas. If the weapons you mentioned are balanced (Which they look to be) then I don't see why they can't be added to the area that you created, but as for everyone else's I can't see them going in as most people are doing it for themsevles only, trying to get somewhat custom weapons in that would benefit their characters.

IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: 02/26/03 at 16:20:52 »
Quote Quote

lol, this 'is' about improving the 'game', right?...
IP Logged

King_Macros

Email

« Reply #15 on: 02/27/03 at 00:07:42 »
Quote Quote

I would love to see a variety of weapons for all classes. Even more I would like to see variety in: gloves, boots, shields, helmets, vests.....but i guess this as well isn't going to happen? There's 3 pairs of boots in the game i think? I might be wrong, but point being there needs to be more variety in everything. Why cant we have something like Leather Boots,  Black Gloves, Wooden Bracer; just stuff like that, maybe they could cost same, and have same armor even, just to have a little variety.
IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 02/27/03 at 20:50:07 »
Quote Quote

on 02/26/03 at 14:32:52, Pandilex wrote:
I think you'll find most area developers like to design and add their own weapons, you may find your time is better spent designing other things for the game.

<removed because of irrelevance>
In the class discussion threads, every one of them includes players wanting a larger variety of weapons in the game.
« Last Edit: 03/10/03 at 16:35:59 by Bishop » IP Logged

Pandilex
England 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: 02/27/03 at 22:09:14 »
Quote Quote

What I said was that I doubt anyone will add any of these weapons, required or not.

I prefer to design my own, as do other staff.
IP Logged

Bishop
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: 02/27/03 at 22:14:30 »
Quote Quote

based on that, why not just delete this forum section?
IP Logged

Pandilex
England 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: 02/27/03 at 22:46:23 »
Quote Quote

Because this forum is primarily for maps, and descriptions as it says in the description located beneath the forum title?

You're quite welcome to continue spending time in a profitless manner, I'm simply advising you against wasting time with things that are unlikely to be added.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.