Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - training »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 15:29:56

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   training
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: training  (Read 2444 times)
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

Re: training
« Reply #40 on: 04/05/03 at 04:13:52 »
Quote Quote

on 04/01/03 at 04:48:07, Sanctuared wrote:
Those are all great suggestions... But before you say we are blowing the problem out of proportion, try leveling a mage to 28, or 29, or 30.  It seems almost imposible, especially ifyoutry to do it on bears... So much gold is used on 1 trip to the desert, or RG, or barracks, or ANYWHERE advanced.

LOL I know it seems impossible to train to lvl 30 on bears alone but I did it Grin ...all it takes is a little faith

Also, I completely agree with mages having more spells. Having to use shock for 15 levels is completely ludicrous. Stick in another spell in there around level 10 and that should tide over complainers for a bit. I would also really enjoy to see a spell like Wrath of the Gods given to mages (that is, a spell that can damage all monsters and non-party members)
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Drizzt

Email

« Reply #41 on: 04/05/03 at 08:07:35 »
Quote Quote

Thats for one stam you retard, I always thought you were stupid but not this stupid. I'll give an example of the spell at arch if it would help.

5 stam:
As you raise your arms and complete the chanting, five magic missiles shoot out of your fingertips stricking the Demonic Soldier for 18, 16, 20, 15, 19 points of damage.
As you raise your arms and complete the chanting, five magic missiles shoot out of your fingertips stricking the Demonic Soldier for 15, 19, 15, 18, 19 points of damage.
As you raise your arms and complete the chanting, five magic missiles shoot out of your fingertips stricking the Demonic Soldier for 16, 18, 20, 18, 19 points of damage.
As you raise your arms and complete the chanting, five magic missiles shoot out of your fingertips stricking the Demonic Soldier for 16, 18, 19, 18, 19 points of damage.
As you raise your arms and complete the chanting, five magic missiles shoot out of your fingertips stricking the Demonic Soldier for 14, 20, 20, 18, 15 points of damage.

I have a different idea of how it could work, this would also be an arch mage using 5 stam.

As you raise your arms and complete the chanting, five magic missiles shoot out of your fingertips stricking the Demonic Soldier for 78, 76, 70, 75, 71 points of damage.

This way might be better, as it wouldn't fill up the screen as much. Doing that amount of damage would be over powered, so there would be an increased chance of resisting. Also the mana cost would go up by 1 for every extra missile you get.

Edit: Changed the word 'enemy' for 'Demonic Soldier'
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: 04/05/03 at 10:49:09 »
Quote Quote

Explain to me what is different to that than rapid beam? Which is the first idea you said was a waste of time.

on 04/04/03 at 09:51:22, Drizzt wrote:
every 5 levels you get an extra missile. 1 at level 5, 2 at 10, 3 at 15, 4 at 20 and 5 at 25. Would be like rapid fire.

What you explained there in simple forms is that you get 1 missile every stamina you get. Which is the same as saying you get 1 shock every stamina you get. Before you accuse someone to being stupid read what you have said yourself.

You also seemed to have changed your mind then to this - "Each stamina you gain 5 missiles. Until at level 29 when mages achieve 5 stamina you have the choice of using 25 missiles, this would however would flood the screen so I suggest merging all the 5 missiles into 1 hit per stamina"

This would mean that all stamina wouldnt be rapid. However the singular stam of 5 missiles would. However you said yourself that it would flood to screen to make it appear as 1 hit. Which would be exactly as beam is already.
IP Logged
Drizzt

Email

« Reply #43 on: 04/05/03 at 11:20:14 »
Quote Quote

I never said rapid beam was a waste of time, I never even said rapid fireball was a waste of time, which is actually what you suggested. I just didn't see how a fireball would be rapid fire, so I suggested something that would be. Even after I changed it its still rapid fire, as it uses all your stam in one click.
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #44 on: 04/05/03 at 11:45:13 »
Quote Quote

If you read my post you'd see that Fireball isnt Rapid Beam. I used used Rapid Beam as an example, but re-named the spell fireball.
IP Logged
Phobia

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #45 on: 04/11/03 at 09:18:17 »
Quote Quote

on 04/04/03 at 09:51:22, Drizzt wrote:
I don't quite see why fireball would be like rapid fire, maybe they should have the spell magic missile.

MP Cost: 5
Damage: Each missile does 18 damage.
You get this spell at level 5, and every 5 levels you get an extra missile. 1 at level 5, 2 at 10, 3 at 15, 4 at 20 and 5 at 25. Would be like rapid fire.

It seems that we've been playing deity.  

You could have atleast changed the name.
IP Logged
Rampage

Email

« Reply #46 on: 04/11/03 at 11:51:20 »
Quote Quote

poptart.. why would I need to change the name? Loads of games use the name magic missile, Deity did not make it up, D & D did, so I would appreciate it if you wouldn't make comments like that without knowing all the details first.
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #47 on: 04/29/03 at 21:12:20 »
Quote Quote

That is close to the DnD missle and I like it
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.