Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - training »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 12:48:52

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   training
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: training  (Read 2442 times)
Tender_Foot

Email

Re: training
« Reply #20 on: 02/28/03 at 04:26:39 »
Quote Quote

mages also do good against Sentry Spiders....65 exp per point of damage, and they arent to hard to kill.
IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 02/28/03 at 20:22:36 »
Quote Quote

lol pk's are the curse of mages, u lose an hours training and invfulls of mana crystals
IP Logged
Hamster

Email

« Reply #22 on: 02/28/03 at 20:55:24 »
Quote Quote

pks are the 'curse' of every class...
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 02/28/03 at 22:37:24 »
Quote Quote

Pkers kill my mage 1x and I lose about an hour or so in xp and my crystals.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #24 on: 03/07/03 at 09:10:43 »
Quote Quote

* Tender_Foot points to his last post

Bring a mage, gain the 65 exp per point of damage, and stop crying about pk's. almost no one goes to Wuenn lair to kill spiders.
IP Logged
Blast

Email

« Reply #25 on: 03/07/03 at 21:16:06 »
Quote Quote

trainin a mage is very hard, lol, all i have to say
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 03/10/03 at 15:29:05 »
Quote Quote

* Silverwizard thanks Blast.

* Silverwizard then goes back to where he stood before on life.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #27 on: 03/27/03 at 22:00:06 »
Quote Quote

Mages need a big lower in mana used for Beam.  I have about 370 mp, and that really doesn't cut it.  I hate using multiple crits, but when you use mages, You have to.  This shouldn't be, there needs to be a change.  I don't like to be forced to bring 5-6 crits with my mage wherever he goes.  Needs a lower on how much mana all spells use to tell you the truth.
IP Logged
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: 04/01/03 at 02:04:33 »
Quote Quote

lol all you people complainging makes me sick! Tongue i trained my mage (two of 'em) to 23ish just on the spider tunnels...but seeing as how you need to use that "secret" exit that might not be a good idea. bears aren't bad since they dish out some good gold and some REALLY good xp since (black) bears really can't block magic. (if you go out there with a mage who can use blast and a full inventory of normal mana crystals, you tend to come back with enough gold for another full inventory plus 200 or so) i've also noticed that ogres and warthogs can't block magic all to well either (they can really hit hard though, so i don't advise low levels to go there)...but if all else fails, just pay someone to level it for you!
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #29 on: 04/01/03 at 04:48:07 »
Quote Quote

Those are all great suggestions... But before you say we are blowing the problem out of proportion, try leveling a mage to 28, or 29, or 30.  It seems almost imposible, especially ifyoutry to do it on bears... So much gold is used on 1 trip to the desert, or RG, or barracks, or ANYWHERE advanced.
IP Logged
Blast

Email

« Reply #30 on: 04/04/03 at 07:18:15 »
Quote Quote

i think also they  get their 4th on too high lvl
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 04/04/03 at 09:17:18 »
Quote Quote

Mages stamina is fine. It makes them harder to train, thus making a lot tougher at level 30.

In my opinion mages need a lower spells cost. With Beam costing 7mp, and Devastate when it arrives costing 10mp.

Also I would like to see numerous new spells to be added. Perhaps a party protecting spell i.e. Sanctuary.
A level 28 spell, Fireball...same damage as beam but in same fashion as rapid fire (would leave mage unable to move if he kills after 1 fireball, would also use the extra mana of 4 that were not needed.
I think mages need to be able to take on large parties by themselves, you could ague that due to mages cost, and difficulty of training this should be present anyway, however as I have stated before Nightmist is not like other rpg's where mages are the dominant class.
Also along with the taking on party theme, I think mages should be given a trial run with slow. Where the person casted on only gets 1 stamina regain for a short period of time. Can only be recasted after it were's off. When it does the person it's been casted on gets full stamina instantly.
I would also like to see Aura of Protection upped greatly. As Druids can out spell a mage which is just plain obscene.

I have many more ideas for mages, some I have already posted before. Things need to be done. Balance is one of the highly talked about topics within the realms, but it happens in the wrong way. If every class is balanced whats the point? In my opinion they should be balanced on the difficulty of training, and how much they cost to use.
IP Logged
Drizzt

Email

« Reply #32 on: 04/04/03 at 09:51:22 »
Quote Quote

I don't quite see why fireball would be like rapid fire, maybe they should have the spell magic missile.

MP Cost: 5
Damage: Each missile does 18 damage.
You get this spell at level 5, and every 5 levels you get an extra missile. 1 at level 5, 2 at 10, 3 at 15, 4 at 20 and 5 at 25. Would be like rapid fire.
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 04/04/03 at 11:04:14 »
Quote Quote

Al - you just described exactly what I said, except I said about making it a level 28 ability.

Although 18 dmg is totally pathetic, no one would use it.
« Last Edit: 04/04/03 at 22:59:41 by Eternyte » IP Logged
Drizzt

Email

« Reply #34 on: 04/04/03 at 15:40:40 »
Quote Quote

per missile, read what i say please.

Edit: level 30, 5 stam, thats 18 x 5 = 90 damage, now how is that crap? they would have a chance to resist each one though, so they might get hit by 1-5 of them, but i thought that was a good risk for a rapid fire ability.

Btw, im not rich.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #35 on: 04/04/03 at 16:50:33 »
Quote Quote

on 04/04/03 at 09:17:18, Eternyte wrote:
Mages stamina is fine. It makes them harder to train, thus making a lot tougher at level 30.

In my opinion mages need a lower spells cost. With Beam costing 7mp, and Devastate when it arrives costing 10mp.

Also I would like to see numerous new spells to be added. Perhaps a party protecting spell i.e. Sanctuary.
A level 28 spell, Fireball...same damage as beam but in same fashion as rapid fire (would leave mage unable to move if he kills after 1 fireball, would also use the extra mana of 4 that were not needed.
I think mages need to be able to take on large parties by themselves, you could ague that due to mages cost, and difficulty of training this should be present anyway, however as I have stated before Nightmist is not like other rpg's where mages are the dominant class.
Also along with the taking on party theme, I think mages should be given a trial run with slow. Where the person casted on only gets 1 stamina regain for a short period of time. Can only be recasted after it were's off. When it does the person it's been casted on gets full stamina instantly.
I would also like to see Aura of Protection upped greatly. As Druids can out spell a mage which is just plain obscene.

I have many more ideas for mages, some I have already posted before. Things need to be done. Balance is one of the highly talked about topics within the realms, but it happens in the wrong way. If every class is balanced whats the point? In my opinion they should be balanced on the difficulty of training, and how much they cost to use.

all i see from you are stupid ideas that make pk'ing easier.
IP Logged
Drizzt

Email

« Reply #36 on: 04/04/03 at 16:54:24 »
Quote Quote

Thats exactly what I thought.
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 04/04/03 at 22:51:57 »
Quote Quote

ROFLMFAO....90 dmg at level 30 SUCKS!!!
say an average Beam is 50. 50 * 5 = 250 go figure.

Not even going to bother explaining myself to people who arent worth it or have any real importance. Good day!
IP Logged
Mammon
USA 

Yup...

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 04/04/03 at 23:19:47 »
Quote Quote

Honestly for the difficulty of raising a mage and the cost, I see very few if any REAL advantages to being a mage, they have way too many variables against them. Fizzling, Partial resists, resists, counterspelling, so a mage has the lowest hp, is out armored by druids, spells don't hurt players enough, they do need some type of help.

As far as Eternyte's post on mages, I actually agree with it, as I see mages being more powerful in pvp situations than most classes, at least when it comes to dishing out damage. I’d also like to see some new spells because being a master of magic, they sure don’t have that many spells, clerics have many more than mages do.  

Aura of protection should be improved if druids ac is going to be left alone, a druid being able to out mage a mage is idiotic, if aura won’t be improved then the mages armor spells should be able to stack just like a druids, or the druids armor spells shouldn’t stack because mages should with spells have a higher ac than something like the druid class, at least in my opinion.
IP Logged
Proteus
Canada 

Proteus, Caitiff, Reign, Ophidian, Trite.

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 04/05/03 at 01:25:37 »
Quote Quote

If all mage spells mana costs are cut in half and there spells are made more reliable then it would fix there current rut.  

My main is a mage, yet in over a month I havnt even tried to go pking with him. All I use him for is to invis my alts and drag my covert thieves around like public transportation.
IP Logged

I will rape his kin,massacre his subjects,raze his kingdom to the ground & send his soul screaming to the foulest pit of Hell.Only then will I spit on his corpse.Only then will I have had my vengance.
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.