Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - training »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 11:54:32

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   training
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: training  (Read 2441 times)
Prince_Damon

,!,,

View Profile WWW

training
« on: 01/27/03 at 15:10:21 »
Quote Quote

Ok, maybe I am doing something wrong here, but what it looks like to me is that Mages are WAY too expensive to train. The way I see it, to level from say 20 to 30 would cost approximately 50 million gold, give or take a gold piece.
 My level 23 mage can go through 6000 gold worth of mana in 20-30 minuets when training and not even move the exp bar a sliver. This puts a serious damper on my desire to train him, because of the fact he gets no where, and besides that, training him cuts my profits almost in half.
 I'm not asking to make it easier to level mages, but would it hurt to lower the magic cost on the offensive spells at least?
IP Logged

Knine, Pacman, LS_DayWokr_LS, SoulsWrath, Ender, Phobia, Scar, Lorivan, Widowmaker, Leafstorm, etc.
Cyric

the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue...

View Profile WWW Email

Re: training
« Reply #1 on: 01/27/03 at 15:24:14 »
Quote Quote

This may very well not be common knowledge, but in light of the cost of training magic users, several places (creatures) in the game drop mana/advanced mana crystals.  Granted this will not solve such a problem, and would require the use of other charactrs, but it would help considerably if used efficiently.  

2 places I can think of off the top of my head are the Scarlet Dagger Guild (mana crystals) and the Necromancer's Tower (adv. mana crystals).
IP Logged

Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, and known to some as "the Mad God."
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 01/27/03 at 15:24:14 »
Quote Quote

I think beam should be lowered because clerics have Divine that gives hp back way over what the amount beam does and it only costs like 9 according to what people say.

By the way, When i trained Oblivion to 30, I used about 5-6 alts, filled with mana, and ran around the desert beaming and useing my other alts to hit.

I always made a profit. Useually I made about 50-100k extra not counting how much it costs to refill back up on mana.

IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 01/27/03 at 15:35:01 »
Quote Quote

And both those places are basically useless for High level mages..
And it was way easier leveling a mage's low levels somewhere else instead of sdg and necro's tower.

For my very first mage which i only got to like 20 and sold, I leveled in the forest/desert/Mountain path..
(necro's tower wasn't there neither was rose garden and I made better xp elsewhere)

Another Mage I had, which was around when RoseGarden was out I leveled her there, RH, demonics and desert, I got her at level 5 and leveled her to 28, the mage was Ziggy(perfect stats because of stat changes now) name is now Dark_lotus I believe.

oblivion was my next mage, don't remember what level I got him, Sera leveled him a couple levels, and I leveled the hardest ones at Sarka, Desert, Rosegarden(hardly ever leveled here.)

I kept hes xp at around 230-240 for the longest it was 240+ and i releveled evertime he got low at Desert.
And I've had other mages, think the amount of mages I've used/level is around about 10 of them.

Highest Amount of xp gain in a day was about 20+ at sparka(before xp changes) and I did about 30mill in the desert one day.

Another ok place for low levels, is the stream. fight the frogs.
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Prince_Damon

,!,,

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 01/27/03 at 18:58:18 »
Quote Quote

Mages can't enter the necro tower area, and as mentioned above, the sdg has a lvl cap of 20 but thank you for trying to help. Imma go um.. kill some frogs.  Wink
IP Logged

Knine, Pacman, LS_DayWokr_LS, SoulsWrath, Ender, Phobia, Scar, Lorivan, Widowmaker, Leafstorm, etc.
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 01/27/03 at 19:17:56 »
Quote Quote

I'd advise taking some alts with your mage to the dessert and let him get great xp off the spiders.
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 01/27/03 at 23:40:44 »
Quote Quote

One thing to say. Make use of the 100g pub heals. They are MUCH cheaper then stocking your crits with advanced mana crystals. There are a few locations in the game where you can easily reach a pub to do this.
IP Logged
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 01/28/03 at 02:19:31 »
Quote Quote

If your useing advanced mana crystals you should be in the desrt training and there is no pub to heal at in the desert..

Other wise if your close to town use regular mana crystals.
Makes a porfit even with just the mage beaming.

Secondly your fighting demonics Use mana, dont waste the time going back and healing.. to much time envolve, be faster and easier to get it done as fast as possible..

Slow makes it to annoying I would rather waste gold and level faster then leveling slow.
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 01/28/03 at 15:35:17 »
Quote Quote

I know where to find mana and my mage is allowed in neither place. Mages need less cost on their attack spells this has been up many times most classes do not need man to lvl clerics it is useful but they can act as fighters pretty well same with druids and pallys. The rest do not need mana (I have lvled all of these classes). Mages are very hard to level and are very very annoying to have to go back and buy crystals or pub heals every so often. That is my opinion.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
medication

R.I.P.

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/01/03 at 05:36:30 »
Quote Quote

I'm no mage (only have one at lv 20), but here are some numbers that you might find interesting:

Frog: 57 exp/pod  
Water fairy: 67 exp/pod
Orc: 60 exp/pod

Now, obvious choice would be to go train on WFs but that is not the case. Why ? Let me explain:

I could make max 37 dmg with blast on single WF, max 41 on Frog and max 46 on Orc (I used elf mage with xx 21 18 18 20 xx). Now that means that for max attack on each of those I would gain:
-Frog: 2337 exp
-WF: 2483 exp
-Orc: 2760 exp

So, as you can see orcs give slightly better exp than those other two...now, is that important....well, lets see:

-ave hit on Frog: 39,43 ==> (40+41+38+40+39+37+41)/7 and rounded down (exp: 2241,57)
-ave hit on WF: 36,00 (exp: 2415,96)
-ave hit on Orc: 44,40 (exp: 2664,00)

Which means: in order to level a mage from 20 to 21 you need to gain 3.8mil pts, so the times you cast Blast would be:
-Blast on Frog: 1695 times (rounded down)
-Blast on WF: 1573 times
-Blast on Orc: 1426 times

With Blast cost of 10mp/cast leveling from 20 to 21 comes to:
-Leveling on Frogs: 16950 mana  
-Leveling on WFs: 15730 mana
-Leveling on Orcs: 14260 mana

NOTE: deduction of starting full mana is not needed beacuse I'm not taking fizzle rate in account and on ~1500 cast you will definetley have more than 25 fizzles which comes up to 250 wasted mana which is aprox what lv 20 mage has.

Calculating money costs (usage of advanced mana for longer stay outside):
-Leveling on Frogs: 170 adv manas ==> 34k gold
-Leveling on WFs: 158 adv manas ==> 31,6k gold
-Leveling on Orcs: 143 adv manas ==> 28,6k gold

As it turns out leveling on orcs is best for your economy especially considering how gold drops on orcs is ~100 and you need to kill some 190 orcs to level from 20 to 21, which means that you get 19k back..sort of tax deductions.

Must important thing is finding monster that generally gives you highest exp on every hit, and sticking to it.  

(gah, now back to my statistics-report...sigh...this was more fun...)
IP Logged

I just wanted to carve a little Z on your forehead - nothing serious.

[InGame: Tempest/Titan]
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/01/03 at 15:14:22 »
Quote Quote

9.something k loss for lvl 20-21 and how much do fighters use?? I am thinking of about oh (insert cost of healing pots in your favorite area here and multiply that by the number of orcs minus 1000ish and then make this number negative and then add 19kish) now one your done that math question after we put you in Mensa we look at how little that is for the anount of xp you get.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Bun
United_Kingdom 

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 02/15/03 at 18:50:31 »
Quote Quote

hmm 50million gold is alot of money to lvl a mage from 20-30 say make pots cheaper lmao
IP Logged

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~
Thenobleone
USA 

Razanon in game.

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 02/16/03 at 03:03:54 »
Quote Quote

yes mages are extreamily expencive. I got a lvl 22 mage and if I want to lvl in an arena it would be so anoying to run back and forth so often to the pub. Today I gained roughly  100k - 170k exp in about 10 - 15 min on my mage in the arilin arena and that took so long because I had to run to the bar all the time lol.  And I had to go through around 3k gold doing that. It is the most cost efective way to train but training a mage in an arena is not the way to do it.  Takes to long. Go to the Orc Caves.  Grin
IP Logged

Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED !!!!!!!!!!!
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 02/16/03 at 13:50:17 »
Quote Quote

Y'no maybe I should try out the orc caves... for some reason they are a place I rarely go...
IP Logged

Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: 02/17/03 at 15:15:17 »
Quote Quote

There are other locations currently in the game that would be ideal for better training using a pub. Arena experience was halved awhile ago, and the gold there isn't enough to sustain a good pattern of training. So, training a mage in an arena isn't quite the best idea. Try scouting other pubs in the game and find locations to kill some monsters. Its much less costly then going to the orc caves with a full inventory of crystals.
IP Logged
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: 02/17/03 at 19:59:20 »
Quote Quote

Try the lost trail or up in Sarka, these are both places that have been suggested to me in the past and its not that hard to make enough gold to get more then a few heals at pub if you stick close to BT
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 02/18/03 at 15:20:37 »
Quote Quote

The Pks are horrid in BT
IP Logged

King_Macros

Email

« Reply #17 on: 02/25/03 at 16:47:29 »
Quote Quote

Do pk's really matter?

I lvl my mages in barracks with my cleric and 2 fighters. you get more gold then spent in mana, healer gets 75 exp per point it heals and rest get 55 exp per point inflicted. i tend to make 80% of my gold there, other 20% goes back into mana.
IP Logged
Blade

Email

« Reply #18 on: 02/25/03 at 16:59:10 »
Quote Quote

So you actually make 100% of your gold there.
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 02/25/03 at 18:40:27 »
Quote Quote

PKs kill your mage and he loses that valuable XP.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.