Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Mage add ons. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 04:44:02

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Mage add ons.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mage add ons.  (Read 1010 times)
Sauruman
USA 

Shall we shag now, or shag later?

Lord_CyberDragon   LordGothicDragon
View Profile

Mage add ons.
« on: 04/11/03 at 22:01:20 »
Quote Quote

Every class has received it's perk so far, except mages. And it's very sad, they're a good class, just hard to train for others. A mage's main perk should be REALLY hard hitting spells, at least 90-100 damage at lvl 27+. If a cleric can heal for in the 100's, why can't a mage hit for the same amount? Black magic vs. white magic. Also, they should receive some sort of poison spell of sorts, one that adds poison to weapons or a Gaea's Blessing type spell. Or even;  

A spell that takes away their bouses (Proteus cast Dispel. You are no longer under Gaea's Blessing/Champion's strengh/The effects of cleanse)  

Illusion (You cast Illusion on yourself, altering your apperance.  
Samus tried to assassinate you, but failed and caused 0 points of damage. Your apperance returns to normal.) Basically, the mage makes a decoy of himself while the real him is invis. Once the decoy is killed, the real mage is vulnerable. The decoy should die after an equvilant of 80 points of damage, which any crit over 15 could do. Lasts until killed.  

Deception (you cast deception, creating a decoy of yourself) Basically Illusion, but there's two+ of the same person's picture on the screen. The real mage can be hit, but the duplicates/decoys are killed after 80 points equiv. The mage can also attack, and the dupes stay on screen rather than dissapate as they would in illusion. lasts 60/120 seconds  

Mirror (you cast mirror on yourself, causing your wounds to return to their master. Kalypso rapidly fired at you for 90 points of damage. Kalypso fell to the floor, her injuries getting the better of her) lasts 60/120 seconds  

Make flame do more damage in the swamps, since it's a flame.  

A give them flame at lvl 10, blast at 15, beam at 20, and devesate at 25/7. Mages are mean to be users of magic that dont' rely on a deity, but more like telekentics/psykic abilites, distorting the path of reality to suit them. Which is why Intel is so important to them. Mages are to magic as Druids are to nature.  
IP Logged

The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
Blast

Email

Re: Mage add ons.
« Reply #1 on: 04/11/03 at 23:01:42 »
Quote Quote

i love your ideas! just they a bit overpowered, but really cool (as long my main crit is mage) Tongue
IP Logged
Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 04/12/03 at 06:10:06 »
Quote Quote

dude, i just hope you fizzle. Cheesy
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 04/12/03 at 16:01:41 »
Quote Quote

I like a few of those ideas too!  Smiley although a few seem to be leaning towards the fact that you really wanna avoid getting PK'ed.

I totally agree with having flame at level 10...although blast/beam shouldn't be given so soon. Maybe add anther spell to fill that void...
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 04/12/03 at 23:28:02 »
Quote Quote

Well, yeah and no. If another spell fills that void, there's gonna have to be a new description, a new name, new way of making it fit in the game. Blast at lvl 15, beam at lvl 20, Devestate at lvl 25/6 just bump them down to make them for the level. What it would do is make the opinions come quicker. Rather than make something totally new, just use what's there already and mod it a little. The easier it is, the quicker it'll come.  
 I'm not disagreeing with ya.
IP Logged

Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 04/13/03 at 01:03:41 »
Quote Quote

Some of those spells sound pretty nifty, maybe a bit too powerful though.  Such as mirror.  Perhaps only a % of the damage should be reflected back instead of all of it.
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Misconception what you see.
Happiness this cannot be.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

~*~¯|¯èµ F£üff'§ (v)ïñ¡°ñ ~*~
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 04/13/03 at 15:07:39 »
Quote Quote

Mirror is way to powerful, but other then that, looks pretty good.  It's rediculous that clerics have more spells then mages.  Mages rely entirely on magic, terefor should have by far the most spells ingame.
IP Logged
Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 04/13/03 at 17:14:46 »
Quote Quote

You're right, I thought I had put my new idea in but I didn't. Like, mirror reflects the amount that the armor shields him from. Like, bringing down a hally hit from 90 to 60, the 30 that was blocked by the armor is just deflected.  
  Am I making any sense, or just babling? And I'm not trying to make it look one way with my ideas, I'm open to ideas/criticizim of mine.  I think we should all put in ideas, mages really need some help.
IP Logged

Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 04/14/03 at 07:06:58 »
Quote Quote

One I was kinda thinking of, I'd really like some opinons on this one.  

Bind (Dere cast bind on you, causing your mind to become blind and bound. You cannot cast any spells, you are under the effect of bind.) This would go for all abilities that use mana. It would have to be availble at higher levels though. Feedback please.
IP Logged

Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: 04/14/03 at 07:26:00 »
Quote Quote

You basically want something like Mute or was it Silence? basically stopping any spell-caster from using there magics, It'd be a nice spell to have.
IP Logged

AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 04/15/03 at 04:29:47 »
Quote Quote

All great ideas but 1 major downfall. NO class can be more powerful then another.Bind would render clerics worthless mostly. Giving a cleric a disadvantage against a mage.
IP Logged

My main is Alliedassault.
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 04/16/03 at 14:40:08 »
Quote Quote

on 04/15/03 at 04:29:47, AlliedAssault wrote:
All great ideas but 1 major downfall. NO class can be more powerful then another.Bind would render clerics worthless mostly. Giving a cleric a disadvantage against a mage.

Give clerics a way to get rid of Bind, A item that cures it.
And perhaps keeps bind from being casted back on them for a certain amount of time..

IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 04/16/03 at 16:36:43 »
Quote Quote

Instead of Bind, which seems slightly overpowered. Just have the spell that decreased the crits wisdom. Granted this could be overpowered to lower wisdom crits anyway.

Easiest way to cure mages:
1. Up spell damage, and introduce Devastate.
2. Lower mana costs for mages.
3. Increase the armor that AoP gives.

Other ways:
1. Mana leech wepon.
2. More spells, that do various different things excluding damage.
3. Include a vamparic spell.

You could also decrease other classes, but I am against this as I have always said classes should be upped to balance, not down.

Also balance SHOULDN'T be that every class hits the same, uses same wepons, heals the same etc.
It should be the ease of training, difficulty in using them, and the cost of training and maintaining them.
IP Logged
Blast

Email

« Reply #13 on: 04/16/03 at 21:14:43 »
Quote Quote

Amen
IP Logged
Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 04/17/03 at 07:14:15 »
Quote Quote

rethinking that, it could increase their fizzle rate by intel + wisdom/2 21 + 20 = 41/2 = 20.5%  
or intel + level/2 percent. 21 + 30 = 51/2 = 25.5% or just intel + wisdom/level percent.  

41/51% fizzle rate would be a pretty good spell for mages, as long as they didn't bind themselves. Cheesy
IP Logged

Pazzer

Prepare to be burnt

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 04/17/03 at 19:35:27 »
Quote Quote

on 04/17/03 at 07:14:15, Sauruman wrote:
rethinking that, it could increase their fizzle rate by intel + wisdom/2 21 + 20 = 41/2 = 20.5%  
or intel + level/2 percent. 21 + 30 = 51/2 = 25.5% or just intel + wisdom/level percent.Cheesy

Errrm so if you have less intel and less wisdom you fizzle less!!! thats bassicaly what your saying and lower level fizzle less i dont think so
IP Logged

contact me on Pazzer
Sauruman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 04/22/03 at 07:15:05 »
Quote Quote

No man, I'm saying that bind/mute/whatever would make you...... argh.

If you get hit by bind, your spells would fizzle 20.5/25.5%. When I say yours I mean the, uh, druid getting binded. And no offense, but I didn't quite understand all of what you said up there. :/
IP Logged

Pazzer

Prepare to be burnt

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 04/22/03 at 15:03:38 »
Quote Quote

Ok ok ok, just forget i ever said that coz now i dont understand what your saying lol Huh Huh Huh
IP Logged

contact me on Pazzer
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 04/29/03 at 21:06:18 »
Quote Quote

I like all I have seen here except bind.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.