Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Overpowered ? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/29/24 at 08:49:38

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Berserker Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Overpowered ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Overpowered ?  (Read 2451 times)
medication

R.I.P.

View Profile

Overpowered ?
« on: 02/19/03 at 23:47:42 »
Quote Quote

I can't help myself but to think that they're overpowered. Not only that but in creating them you've taken 2 abilities that define two different classes and put it on them, combining it with massive hp. Plus, giving them ability to use all the big weapons in the game does not make it easier.

How similar are these abilities; are they similar in that sense that they have just different names or is the dmg that they cause different ?
Is this making rapid fire obsolete already ? I mean berserkers can use better weapons, and have more stamina, and get that stamina earlier than rangers, and have better hp. Plus, if it has same effect as rapid fire (where my 18 str ranger does 90dmg on lv 27, with enchanted bow), how bigger dmg will a 21str, hally-wielding dwarf make ?
Same thing is for thieves, although thieves covert and stealing ability makes them still more usefull. Even so, assassinate is  ability that is defining thieves, and now it has been pumped up (better weapons, more stam) and given away to berserkers.
And if 6 stam is implemented for berserkers...
IP Logged

I just wanted to carve a little Z on your forehead - nothing serious.

[InGame: Tempest/Titan]
Consumed
USA 

*:·®ÿåñ·:*

View Profile WWW

Re: Overpowered ?
« Reply #1 on: 02/20/03 at 04:52:28 »
Quote Quote

i agree 2a low xtent  but i dont care cuz itsa new class and if u get 1 and lvl it 2 a higher lvl u can kill everyone lol...so even if r overpower witch wont be that biga deal it'll b fun and u can beat one against another...so i aint gonna complian
IP Logged

Cøñ§ümêd
Halor

Halor

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/20/03 at 05:45:09 »
Quote Quote

I think their disadvantage over other classes is good to equal them out overall. Zercs cannot wear ANY armor, because of their ‘tough’ skin being armor enough (Hence their high hp). That they cannot wear.. Anything, other then a weapon. Hands are too large and bulky to wear spider gauntlets or anything else. But their hp and abilities make up for their loss of being able to weak armor. So Zercs wont make fighters obsolete (because fighters can wear armor + dex enhancers and other stat mods). So I think they are a good addition. Smiley
IP Logged
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/20/03 at 14:08:22 »
Quote Quote

on 02/19/03 at 23:47:42, medication wrote:

Is this making rapid fire obsolete already ? I mean berserkers can use better weapons, and have more stamina, and get that stamina earlier than rangers, and have better hp. Plus, if it has same effect as rapid fire (where my 18 str ranger does 90dmg on lv 27, with enchanted bow), how bigger dmg will a 21str, hally-wielding dwarf make ?

i dunno maybe its just a bug on mine but doesnt berserk take away a good chunk of your own health when cast? i think that easily makes up for being able to use better weps.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
Clayton

Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/20/03 at 16:55:58 »
Quote Quote

The damage done to the opposition by casting beserk, is also done to yourself.
IP Logged
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/20/03 at 21:34:29 »
Quote Quote

Like i said in another post my lvl 30 ranger (Tadpole) got rounded by a lvl 21 zerk (Goliath)...he had spells but still a lvl 21?
IP Logged

The game will never be the same no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me and no matter what they do there will never be another you.
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 02/21/03 at 01:01:30 »
Quote Quote

Berserks are DEFINETELY overpowered.  You see,  a berserk using smite, with rage on, and just waiting in the sewer somehwere, could take smite, and using a hally, could 1 click almost anyone!
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Artemis

Samus, Jocasta ingame.

Derrogative   Derrogative
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: 02/21/03 at 01:38:06 »
Quote Quote

I'm agreeing with them being over powered, in definetly.

---------------- Goliath ----------------
Name: .
Class: Male Dwarf Adept Berserker

[Clan] Goliath: 1 rounders: lvl 30 mage ranger and fighter hehe

-And he's not kidding, I watched him do it. That's not only overpowered but extremely unblalanced. I don't own a beserker yet, but i'm sure if I did i would probably make it my main crit, seeing how I can round Archmasters at level 18. Excuse me.. but doesn't that seem just a bit too much?

( sorry kev, just using you as a prime example lol )

IP Logged

Something has to change. Undeniable dilemma. Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear. Constant over stimulation numbs me and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Decay

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/21/03 at 15:05:11 »
Quote Quote

on 02/21/03 at 01:01:30, SweUrk Rchirack Unicrown wrote:
Berserks are DEFINETELY overpowered.  You see,  a berserk using smite, with rage on, and just waiting in the sewer somehwere, could take smite, and using a hally, could 1 click almost anyone!

What (Not No0b) Zerker actually uses rage? the highest dex u can have as a zeker is 18 and losing 4 makes having the crit pointless
IP Logged
Bill
England 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/21/03 at 15:08:29 »
Quote Quote

Human Berserkers can have 19 dex.
IP Logged
Decay

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/21/03 at 15:17:01 »
Quote Quote

still 15 dex come on
IP Logged
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #11 on: 02/21/03 at 17:29:53 »
Quote Quote

Without further information I would be inclined to agree. I think if you did a reasonable number of attacks normally and then the same number with rage, and averaged it, you would find it to be considerably lower. I could be wrong since I haven’t conducted such an experiment, and you would need a significant amount of attacks to give a fair idea. It seems to me that dexterity and strength do not carry the same weight in terms of attacking potential, but like I said I could be wrong.
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/22/03 at 05:34:21 »
Quote Quote

my dwarf berserker, with rage, enhance, righteous can take anything anytime anywhere, its bull and i dont like it. why do i have it, because soon thats all will be in the game, you cant one round an archy berserker, no way will it happen. then they round anything they tocuyh
they will not die. and i have to have one now, to DEFEND my archy, now thats rediculous
IP Logged
Horror

Email

« Reply #13 on: 02/22/03 at 07:17:51 »
Quote Quote

Your achie is extremely crap then, look. Barbarians aren't overpowered, They wouldnt have been put in the game if there wasnt something bad about them, cant wear enhancers, armor atm, I think there is something else bad about them we don't know....
Just stop yer whinin' and wait.
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #14 on: 02/22/03 at 10:08:31 »
Quote Quote

lol, ive seen other archies pk'ed too, not just mine. i must admit, my archy only has 329 hp. And horror, whats your name ingame? Smiley
IP Logged
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #15 on: 02/22/03 at 12:56:46 »
Quote Quote

Enhance doesn't work with rage.
IP Logged
Blade

Email

« Reply #16 on: 02/22/03 at 17:21:26 »
Quote Quote

on 02/22/03 at 10:08:31, King_Macros wrote:
lol, ive seen other archies pk'ed too, not just mine. i must admit, my archy only has 329 hp. And horror, whats your name ingame? Smiley

Maybe hes Horror?  
IP Logged
Horror

Email

« Reply #17 on: 02/22/03 at 20:45:39 »
Quote Quote

Reading my Sig might help...
IP Logged
No Respect

Email

« Reply #18 on: 02/23/03 at 00:50:42 »
Quote Quote

O.o. Cry boo hoo the staff put the zerkers into the game and if there are any things that they dont like or maybe just have problems with they will either remove the problem or remove the chrts from the game
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #19 on: 02/23/03 at 10:26:56 »
Quote Quote

on 02/22/03 at 12:56:46, Bullitt wrote:
Enhance doesn't work with rage.

with mine it does. champ, enhance, righteous all work on mine
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.