Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Overpowered ? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/29/24 at 14:37:15

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Berserker Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Overpowered ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Overpowered ?  (Read 2453 times)
Bullitt

Email

Re: Overpowered ?
« Reply #20 on: 02/23/03 at 11:54:05 »
Quote Quote

Hmm I would check again, righteous and champs can't be used together (well they couldn't last time I checked on all other crits) and when I use enhance and rage it only seems to take to enhance, and my strength goes down.

Edit: Sorry, I checked again and as you said got rage and enhance working. My mistake, I could have sworn it didn't work last time I tried it lol. Grin
IP Logged
Sublime
USA 

Dý§fûñçtîøñäl

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 02/23/03 at 14:18:38 »
Quote Quote

see the thing is when you get enhanced without rage, then you go raage it seems like it disapears, use /refresh, or just hit the enter key(i think that works too) and there you go, no more un-enhanced raged Zerker!
IP Logged

B
u
M
p

alicia

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 02/23/03 at 19:02:02 »
Quote Quote

Rage first, then champs, then enhance.
35+ str berserker
IP Logged
the Kiheitai

We're headstrong to take on anyone

weaselking123   weaselking123
View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: 02/23/03 at 20:27:29 »
Quote Quote

Correct, if you rage, then add buffs, it will work. My human berserker with 19 st gets 34 strength with rightous and enhance from my weaker cleric. When i add in my paladin with champs, its just crazy talk. Berserkers are nuts. Though, i do not think that they are overpowered. They cant wear armor, which means they take every hit, unless dodged, but since berserkers have low dex as it is, they will soak almost everything. However their attacks balance out. Even though a level 20 berserker packing a halberd could probably drop my level 26 gnome thief, I dont think my thief could kill the serker in one hit. They would have jsut about equal if not the serker having more hit points.
IP Logged

the Kiheitai: proud members of DRACO HONORIS...Represent
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #24 on: 02/24/03 at 04:10:32 »
Quote Quote

on 02/23/03 at 20:27:29, Julius wrote:
My human berserker with 19 st gets 34 strength with rightous and enhance from my weaker cleric. When i add in my paladin with champs, its just crazy talk. Berserkers are nuts. Though, i do not think that they are overpowered.

Do people read what they right...or are they just stupid?
IP Logged
the Kiheitai

We're headstrong to take on anyone

weaselking123   weaselking123
View Profile Email

« Reply #25 on: 02/24/03 at 12:38:20 »
Quote Quote

What are you talking about? Just becuase they get insane strength, doesnt make them too powerful. My fighters, rangers, thieves can get that much strength, my paladin even more. Why don't you read everything.
IP Logged

the Kiheitai: proud members of DRACO HONORIS...Represent
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #26 on: 02/24/03 at 19:33:35 »
Quote Quote

I wouldn’t be so quick to insult people Macros, I do recall, rectified or not, you stating the perfect argument for berserkers not having 6 stamina and then saying they should have it. Although blatantly an error, you obviously didn’t re-read what you had written, so would this make you stupid?

No point to this I know, except… well why the hell do you people have to be so downright antagonistic!?

IP Logged
Blade

Email

« Reply #27 on: 02/24/03 at 19:58:49 »
Quote Quote

Zerkers are definatly over powered, this is at level 21:

You attempted to smite Rest but failed and caused 296 points of damage.

While he may be the same level as me, it still seems pretty over powered to me.
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #28 on: 02/25/03 at 05:12:23 »
Quote Quote

Actually, my post wasnt an error, it was sarcasm, and do to people on here, i said it was a typo so people wouldnt say certain things, we all know how people like to flame other people. And me saying him reading his post, i ment something else, and im not going to clerify on the basis im being lazy, just like i corrected the other post without saying it was sarcasm. so i will say, im wrong, i dont read my posts.

Now, a crit with 22 str, can only get 32 str after mods... enhance and righteous together do 10, then champ doesnt work....you use enhance and champ, you get 31 str, righteous doesnt take effect on crits with these 2 spells, ignores them and hits all the crits without 2 mods....next is champ and righteous, also gives 9, when together enhance says 'this crit already has enhanced stats' bringoing its maximum back to 31 str...this happens on pally's, fighters, rangers, every class including pally's, so no, they cant get stronger then berserkers
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 02/25/03 at 19:17:33 »
Quote Quote

You forgot to factor in the 4 str from rage.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #30 on: 02/26/03 at 01:28:07 »
Quote Quote

i was referencing to the fact that no crit can get as much strength as a berserker Smiley
IP Logged
darkman

?!?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #31 on: 02/26/03 at 03:12:14 »
Quote Quote

i just read that WHOLE thing(i cant connect to the server so im friken bored) and i agree with them being overpowered. with all the mods they r a power to rekon with, pretty soon alls u'll see when ur walkin around NM is lil' adept and expert zerkers. atm i cant think of n e other race that can compare.

with my dwarf zerker(lvl 11, stats 21 xx 18 20 18 xx) i still havnt gotten below 14 hp per lvl, and 16 being the most. my dwarf fighter(though he only has 19 con) got 12 hp maybe once the whole time i have had him and hes arch. and i do understand there is a 1 con difference there, but isnt that a little strange.   Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Dark Was Here xXx
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #32 on: 02/26/03 at 03:37:52 »
Quote Quote

my berserker has 18 con and hasnt gotten blow 14
IP Logged
darkman

?!?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #33 on: 02/26/03 at 14:21:18 »
Quote Quote

WOW! but i realized after i posted that that all classes get different hp, so that doesnt matter i guess.
IP Logged

Dark Was Here xXx
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 02/26/03 at 20:13:47 »
Quote Quote

Overpowered, I think so. A level 25 dwarf beserker can kill a level 30 perfect halfling ranger. I feel that is wrong, and not balanced.
IP Logged
Artemis

Samus, Jocasta ingame.

Derrogative   Derrogative
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: 02/26/03 at 21:23:38 »
Quote Quote

No, an Adept (lvl 20-23) berserker can kill an arch anything.
Hell, why train anymore guys, lets just all use adept zerks and run around killing arches all day.
IP Logged

Something has to change. Undeniable dilemma. Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear. Constant over stimulation numbs me and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Artemis

Samus, Jocasta ingame.

Derrogative   Derrogative
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: 02/26/03 at 21:24:43 »
Quote Quote

and btw races get different hp not classes Wink
IP Logged

Something has to change. Undeniable dilemma. Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear. Constant over stimulation numbs me and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #37 on: 02/26/03 at 21:37:33 »
Quote Quote

If classes didn't get different hp then a dwarf fighter and berserker would have the same. It would also be the same for other classes such as mages, which would otherwise have the same hp as other classes of the same race, etc… Wink

EDIT: Bah that reads worse than my normal posts, but the point was different classes do get different hp.
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #38 on: 02/27/03 at 00:12:34 »
Quote Quote

Race and classes both vary when getting hp

a mage gets different hp then a berserker, and a dwarf berserker gets different hp then a orc berserker
IP Logged
Og

Laaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaate!!!

maverickbigmike
View Profile WWW

« Reply #39 on: 03/08/03 at 16:32:14 »
Quote Quote

this may not be to anyone's liking here but berserkers are not overpowered.   yes they can get more str, and yes they have better weapons when using abilities(berserk/smite) than a ranger or thieves ability of the same nature...  

but there is a couple big things you regret to notice, (1) dwarf berserkers and human berserkers can get good dex, but give up some str, and chance at higher hp, (2) half-orcs are mage bait and nearly have enough dex to withstand a good round.

fighting them is just like fighting any other class, it takes good use of pots, timing, and spells.

plus this fact, are we always bound to fight alone, no...
thats why we have clans. if you find that you cannot defeat a berserker then its not a prob. either get yourself one, have some friends along, or suffer the consequences.  there is always an alternative to power.

id like to hear some feedback on what yall think, but do not intend to be flamed for not agreeing...

Brink in game
IP Logged

Slow your roll homie, you gotta let things marinate!!!
Shocked
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.