Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Ye Olde Pirate Shippe »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 08:40:05

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Ye Olde Pirate Shippe
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ye Olde Pirate Shippe  (Read 1113 times)
deSade
United_Kingdom 

Bloody crumbs everywhere!

View Profile

Ye Olde Pirate Shippe
« on: 08/27/03 at 17:39:46 »
Quote Quote

The novelty about this area is that instead of the boss spawning once daily, the whole area ‘spawns’ instead, in that the ship only docks once an hour (perhaps at Windia docks) with the boss spawning once a day.  

The ship appears out of a rancid, choking mist, its movement a mystery as no wind disturbs its tattered sails nor its skull and crossbones pennant. You can move east onto a gangplank or return west to Windia docks.

There are 3 levels:  

• Ships Deck: Monsters – Skeletal Pirates, Rats

On this deck you can go up onto the fore and aft decks as well (part of this level), the object being to find the hidden trapdoor that will bring you down to the lower levels.

• Lower Deck and Ships Hold: Monsters – Zombie Stevedores, Rats. Small Boss – Ships Mate

On this deck you travel through cabins and galleys until you get to the ships hold which is a maze through all the rotting cargo, with traps, battling monster until you get to the Ships Mate.  

Ships Mate drops a rusty key.

• Captains Cabin: Monsters – Zombie Stevedores. Boss – Pirate Captain

You get to this area back through the cabins and galleys until you find a locked door. You enter the door and the rusty key vanishes and if you are lucky you get to fight the Pirate Captain. The captain can call for Zombie Stevedores to assist him.

Pirate Captain drops (not sure on boss drops) 50% - ships treasure 25,000g, 30% - tricot (sic (3 pointed hat, forgot the name)) and 20% - cutlass.

As I said, not v good on drops, I’m sure if the area is wanted, the drops can be worked on.

You can exit the area once on board by any of the usual 3 ways, dying, logging off on the boss square or via the way you came in. Exiting via the gangplank transports you instantly to the docks.

Just bored at work, so came up with this. I hope you like it, if not flame away….lol  Grin

Hugh
IP Logged

ßí§ÇÚít Mħ±€®
Mephistroth

Email

Re: Ye Olde Pirate Shippe
« Reply #1 on: 08/27/03 at 20:16:01 »
Quote Quote

Seems pretty good.. you might need to post a few descriptions aswell though
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 08/27/03 at 22:37:02 »
Quote Quote

I don't know if you guys are forgetting, but we already have a ship.  The airship!
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #3 on: 08/27/03 at 22:56:00 »
Quote Quote

There not exactly that similar lmao, AIR ship... I never really did like adding guns and stuff into Nightmist, combining guns and machines into Nightmist just isn't a good idea.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 08/28/03 at 00:03:44 »
Quote Quote

It could be cool to employ some form of story telling here *shock horror*

The Pirate Captain, Let's call him Captain Cleverpants shallwe? Captain Cleverpants and Captain Wylsen could be age old enemies/rivals, which can be worked into creating a more substantial story line, or just to give the area more colour.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
dec
Ireland 

Don't F**K with the Irish

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 08/28/03 at 16:01:53 »
Quote Quote

good idea  Grin

EDIT: also wat lvls would it be for
IP Logged

http://goten677.tripod.com
deSade
United_Kingdom 

Bloody crumbs everywhere!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 08/28/03 at 22:24:48 »
Quote Quote

Tanx for the constructive critism  Grin.

Rubbish at descriptions but am working on it, hope to edit it a bit better in a couple of days.

I was imagining that the monsters would be quite hard so the drops would be worthwhile and interesting (I noticed a few threads asking for a cutlass type weapon). I will need help on the drops though as I haven't a clue on how to keep it balanced.

Tanx again

Hugh

EDIT: Like the Captain rivalry aspect and will try to work it in
IP Logged

ßí§ÇÚít Mħ±€®
ThaGChild

/t abra sucks to be you!!!

ThaGChild21
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: 09/04/03 at 11:07:28 »
Quote Quote

on 08/28/03 at 00:03:44, Deval wrote:

It could be cool to employ some form of story telling here *shock horror*

The Pirate Captain, Let's call him Captain Cleverpants shallwe? Captain Cleverpants and Captain Wylsen could be age old enemies/rivals, which can be worked into creating a more substantial story line, or just to give the area more colour.

i like that idea, maybe captain cleverpants could drop a special item like on a 5% chance, that u could give to captain wylsen(while ur fighting him) and the fight will be over, but captain wyslen gives u a special weapon or somethin like that, kinda like a friendship momento like in windia....i dont know, just shootin ideas...
IP Logged
Metatron
Northern_Ireland 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 09/05/03 at 20:52:12 »
Quote Quote

maybe his hat? description could be :- You see the tattered hat of the defeated Captin XXXX, Captin Wyslen might be interested in ths
IP Logged

With ambitious aim against the throne and monarchy of God rais'd impious war in hev'n battle proud
~John Milton
Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 09/11/03 at 01:36:59 »
Quote Quote

it sounds great. i'd love to explore ye olde shippe.
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Spekkio
USA 

I didn't come here to fight... I came here to win!

Spekkio69   N/A
View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: 09/27/03 at 03:50:11 »
Quote Quote

http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=mapdev;acti on=display;num=1045743666

I like the idea, but are you willing to map it and make it?  Rules of area development by Pandi above.
IP Logged

God put me on Earth to accomplish many things. Right now, I'm so far behind that I will never die.
sayadin
USA 

Why ask why? Stop being a pansy and just do it!!

stonersayadin420   kamikazekarni
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 09/27/03 at 07:29:20 »
Quote Quote

nice area, but it needs the story line of it, and i think the gold of 25k is a little too much.. the storage cabinet drops about 5k and thats takes a long time to break it open... I think you could put a treasure chest on the ship somewhere(hidden) and it could be just like the storage cabinet, but it'll say teasure chest and it will have the same hp like the sc(storage cabinet) and it could drop about 10k since it is hidden and have the same hp as the sc.... **this has been a thought by sayadin... ty for listening... you may leave his head through the exit lights about the doors. ty and have a nice day**
IP Logged

WWJD(for a klondìke bar?)
Def-Con Owl Spray
Kills Owls Dead!
[Adult Swim]
I'm more confused than 3 bricks and a toilet seat!
Comedy is like cheese, Once you cut it, you can't stop laughing!!!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.