Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - Area Development Rules サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
03/28/24 at 14:52:30

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Area Development Rules
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Area Development Rules  (Read 1322 times)
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

Area Development Rules
« on: 02/20/03 at 12:21:06 »

So you're interested in contributing an area of your own to the game?

Post your area below, but first please ensure it follows these guidelines:

• A name!

Your area needs a name!

• Maps!

You must have a detailed map of your area. If possible, make the squares of your map small, because it is far easier to read. I would recommend using ASCII MAP MAKER to design maps (it's simple, but functional).
    Please link to maps, do not post them in the thread. Maps should be clearly labelled and be easily interpreted.

• Story!

I would like a brief outline of the area, if possible a story about it (brief and concise is fine, even bullet points if you desire).

• Contents & Target level!

I'd like a brief list of monsters, items, traps and anything else you put in the area. I'd also like to know what sort of level you intend the area to be for.

• Sample Descriptions

I'm afraid I have to be harsh here. In order for an area to be added you will have to be competent at both spelling and grammar. Pasting your description into MSWord or similar and hitting spellcheck will not guarantee you a nice description.

A description is made up of several things:

Boar's Tusk Inn: You're in the Boar's Tusk Inn. The Boar's Tusk exits to the Tutorial Sector to the North and Viper Street to the East.

The Inn is bustling with life, and many people of all different races sit around tables, drinking and talking loudly. The bartender rushes around frantically keeping tankerds filled and tidying up. There is a small trapdoor in the corner of the room.

The title: Boar's Tusk Inn

The small description (Seen upon first entering the room): You're in the Boar's Tusk Inn.

The exits: The Boar's Tusk exits to the Tutorial Sector to the North and Viper Street to the East.

The long description: The Inn is bustling with life, and many people of all different races sit around tables, drinking and talking loudly. The bartender rushes around frantically keeping tankerds filled and tidying up. There is a small trapdoor in the corner of the room.

Please list out one or two room descriptions as I have done above.

For the small description, I advise putting only one sentence. The long description should be more in depth.
« Last Edit: 09/03/03 at 16:11:57 by Pandilex » IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Pages: 1  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.