Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Elshar's Coloseum »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 08:18:49

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Elshar's Coloseum
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Elshar's Coloseum  (Read 551 times)
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Elshar's Coloseum
« on: 08/16/03 at 09:31:58 »
Quote Quote

I originally came up with this idea with Tender_Foot wqhile she still played, but never really said anything about it, but anyways, i got bored and pulled up my papers on my other computer, and found this.

Storyline:

Removed from all society, the Elshar coloseum has been knows to few warriors who would go there to watch rare and exotic animals fight to thier deaths, and make small bets while being entertained. After years of operation, Elshar realised the ammount of business he could be getting if he allowed his fans to enter matches. He announced to the crowd that for the first time contenders would be able to fight each other for profit, quickly people started registering for the fights. For just 5,000 gold, anyone could get into a match against another competitor, and for 25,000 they could go up against the magnificient animals. Anyone a victor, would get a large portion of thier competitors money. After making a large profit, King Elshar came up with another brilliant way to make money, he decided to put in two gauntlets for the strong to test thier power.  

The Area this would go into would be South of Resthaven and West of the Mountains.  

Descriptions:

enter: Rocky Mountain Path: You are on a mountain trail near the town of Resthaven. The trail, as far as you can tell, appears to be travel worn. Be that by monsters or people, youd rather not think about it. You can go North, South, or East on the path.

look: Rocky Mountain Path: The mountains here are enormous, which makes you very thankful for the trail. The snow topping the mountain peaks make this region fairly cold. You can hear the water trickling, as it melts its way down the mountains. You can go North, South, or East on the path. To the West is a skinny trail.

*everything the same since its pre-made area, just the little difference in the look around*

enter: Skinny Trail: You seem to have stumbled onto a path that hasn't been walked on for quite some time. The chilling silence doesn't help ease your curiousity about this odd trail. You may go back towards the mountain path by going East. The trail goes farther to the West.

look: Skinny Trail: Wild blue, pink, and yellow flower grow all around the trail, completely untouched by anything but the tall grass. Listening carefully for a second, you notice that silence oddly engulfs this area, as if there isn't a thing around.

JLH Pages You from Skinny Trail (Mt Fenowasty): hi

NPC's: none
Monsters: Grasping Vines
Traps: none
Bosses: none

enter: Sapphire Forest: You are on a small trail in the famous sapphire forest. Birds chirp all around you, and you can hear clattering all around you. you can go *direction*, *direction, *direction* on the trail.  

look: Sapphire Forest: The tree's in the forest have odd blue leaves growing from them, which no other forest has been reported to have these in them. birds are chirping all around as you stand in your spot, and clattering can be heard from every direction. The muddy trail tightly grips onto you as you decide wether to go *direction or direction*

Pandilex Pages You from Sapphire Forest (Mt Fenowasty): hi

NPC's: none
Monsters: Skeletons, Warrior Ghost
Traps: every square has a 50% chance of producing either a skeleton or warrior ghost when you walk onto it

enter: Coloseum: You are inside the lavishly decorated coloseum. All around you people talk, laugh, drink, and make bets on contestants and animals. You may leave the coloseum by going East, or check out the action by going West.

look Coloseum: On either side of you, marble walls are decorated by weapons of foreign decent. People gather by each weapon trying to concieve who would of came up with such destructive items, and how they may obtain one, or just plainly converse about how elegant they are. People pass by you constantly drinking ale talking about what fights are coming up and who thier going to bet on, giving advice whenever it's needed. You may get in the action yourself by going West, or leave the Coloseum by going East.

Zephie Pages You from Elshar's Coloseum (Mt Fenowasty): hi

NPC's: Babbling Stranger, Enforcer Guard, Gambler, Booky
Monsters: none
Traps: none

enter: Pit: Inside the coloseum's pit, people surround you shouting weather you should live or die, who should be your opponent, and who they're betting on. Why you got yourself into this situation you don't know, but now that your in it, you must fight to the death. You may go *directions*.

look: Pit: The dull yellow sand is tainted with a lush, bright coat of red blood freshly thrashed upon it. Arms, Legs, and other ligiments are strewn around the coloseum like it's nothing but a decorative element. Towards the West is the gate that you cam eout of, and towards the East is where your opponent came out. You may go *directions*

Monsters: (for 25k gold and random spawn) Alagator Snapping Turtle, Snarling Panther, Emperial Elephant, Pack of Wolverines, White Bangel Tiger / or you would fight an actual player controlled crit, if there were any around who enter.

Traps: 5% You tripped over a small hole in the sand causing you 15 points of damge
5% A Glass mug was thrown from the coloseum and hit you directly in the (side: 15 points back: 35) of the head for * points of damage
every 5 minutes Elshar is getting tired of your performance and how long its taking; Elshar threw a spear at you cause you 45 points of damage.

Items: Around the arena there will be weapons, armors, and items that can only be used in the coloseum, if someone would die, its autimatically taken away from them, and you cant exit with them equipped. There seems to be a little confusion with this part, I'll explain a little bit more. Before you go into the coloseum, your inventory and all equipment is autimatically stored in a special coloseum vault. When you enter, the arena is autimatically filled with items, weapons, and armors on a random order from a list. Maybe while running around you see a Jaguar Potion or maybe a Halberd, you can use these during the coloseum fight, but once it ends, everything is autimatically removed from your charcter and replaced with all your original items. Nothing will be able to transfer to your new crit in any kind of way that happens to be in the coloseum whiole you are fighting. once the fighting ends, everything is cleared from the arena.

This area would be a little bit more complex, if able to put in, before your match begins, your autimatically localed into the coloseum, but this wont effect your actual local, a one time local and is only for people who enter the matches. As well as this, all your items and armor's are autimatically stripped from you before you enter the arena, and must fight with what items lay in the arena.

Edit: It seems that this computer i'm on right now has no spell check, since it has no spell check, once again, i will have to wait to spell check it 'til tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 08/18/03 at 05:09:44 by ice_cold » IP Logged
Mephistroth

Email

Re: Elshar Coloseum
« Reply #1 on: 08/16/03 at 09:57:54 »
Quote Quote

Looks quite good so far.
IP Logged
Bill
England 

View Profile

Re: Elshar Coloseum
« Reply #2 on: 08/16/03 at 12:20:57 »
Quote Quote

Looking good, while on the subject, i came up with some stuff to do with a collaseum ages ago, with Cyric, but he didn't have time to work on it or i got lazy or something.  Tongue
IP Logged
Donnie_Darko

I Wanna Riot

DeadKennedy5569
View Profile

Re: Elshar's Coloseum
« Reply #3 on: 08/18/03 at 04:55:00 »
Quote Quote

Whoo! finally got a reason to post... Anyway... i think its looking really awesome. I think its really nifty.... and i hope that it gets uh... whatchamacallit. Made. Yeah... thats it. *nod nod*
IP Logged

IG: Wolfgang, Captain_Rehab, Kalendil, Haffy, Rave_Master, Hiro, Tony, Zell, Miseria_Cantare, Largo

Wow... now theres no room for a message. >.<
Angie

Lolly

kaotickuteness
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 08/19/03 at 07:53:09 »
Quote Quote

It looks spiffy Smiley
IP Logged

Feeeeeeh
DannysGirl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 08/21/03 at 23:41:38 »
Quote Quote

Kiss Good job Wink but then again you always have good idea's to make things better  Cheesy maybe you'll actaully be able to put this in the game this time...love you  Kiss
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.