Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Abilities. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/01/24 at 21:53:59

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Thief Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   New Abilities.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Abilities.  (Read 2161 times)
Dafydd Vaid

If Tricycles Came With Guns, We'd All Be Safe

1313131313 1313131313   but+if+I+did+i'd+tell+you   don't+have+one
View Profile WWW Email

Re: New Abilities.
« Reply #40 on: 03/15/03 at 20:31:58 »
Quote Quote

Please forgive my jumping in this conversation a little late, as it seems the subject has switched from New Abilities to Whether Fighters Are Crappy or Not.
     I think that theives are well off as they are. Better assassination abilities would be nice, but we musn't overdo it and make ourselves invincible.
     The "knockout" ability seems like a waste of time to me. That sounds very cheap.
     Stealing items is a good idea, but it needs to have a low hit percentage. Stealing all gold is not right. The amount of gold stolen should be based on level, if it isn't already. Theives should also be able to steal gold without coming out of covert. The gold-stealing should be veeeerrrrryyyy sneaky though. There should be a way that the victim doesn't even know that their gold is gone. Maybe the Gold Amount on their screen doesn't drp until it's all gone or until they reach a bank or a store.
     I think that the stamina boost in question is also cheap. If you read the Theives Unite conversation, you may notice that many ideas there would be such a help to we Theives that the proposed stamina increase would not be necessary. Although some of the suggestions posted there were unfair, even a few of my own, most of them would be fair, ethical helps to Theives. In my view the stamina idea is very unfair to the other classes.  
     There are my thoughts. Thank you for reading them.If yours differ, please say so.
IP Logged

As we slowly spiral towards our destruction, we can only look back in agony and see how we screwed up.
walker

There's no pic for a reason....

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: 08/10/03 at 06:37:51 »
Quote Quote

on the subject of being spotted entering a room i agree with dognapot if i try to sneak into a room someone looking in the direction im coming from might see me, but someone with his back to me talking wouldnt, also how does a fighter see me if a cleric casts vision?  i think it should reveal all players like it does now but only for the cleric
IP Logged

Protection of Earth,
Power of Fire,
Force of Wind,
Gentleness of Water,
Speed of Thunder,
Hope of Light,
Despair of Darkness.
These are the Elemental Attributes
Cule
Finland 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #42 on: 08/14/03 at 18:49:59 »
Quote Quote

"snooping skill" the ability to look anyone's inventory  Grin
IP Logged

http://www.the-morgue.tk
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #43 on: 08/14/03 at 21:23:16 »
Quote Quote

Cuz casting vision might put some sparkles on the place where the crit was hiding f.e., so everyone will see it. Not really hard to figure it out, seeing as u dont really know how vision works (what it does to make it visible to teh cleric, maybe it puts a big red dot on teh place where ur hiding so everyone sees it?)
IP Logged
Kalel
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #44 on: 08/14/03 at 23:22:48 »
Quote Quote

never the less all this has been talked about and yet nothing hass been added to my knowlage since I started playing thiefs have remained the same other then when the stats changed not shure what was changed and yet every thing else is being improved,

I seem to be a bit ticked that thiefs are becoming a out dated pice of junk
IP Logged

http://www.venom-gaming.com
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #45 on: 08/16/03 at 00:55:41 »
Quote Quote

on 08/14/03 at 23:22:48, James wrote:
thiefs are becoming a out dated pice of junk

Shocked  Huh Angry
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Neverman

Thieves Rule!

View Profile

« Reply #46 on: 10/19/03 at 15:55:57 »
Quote Quote

We're thieves. We aren't supposed to be the moral highpoint of the game. We're trying to find whatever ways we can to get over on the other characters in the game, that is our nature.

Some of the disadvantages we hae should more than make up for the advantages we have. We shouldn't have as many HP as the larger characters, that is why we do things in the shadows. That is a huge disadvantage. Also, we shouldn't be able to use weapons and armor as strong as the other classes. That is why we have assass and covert.

Assass is TOO varied. If I can assass a giant leech at lvl 13, I should be able to assass a frickin door!

Covert works great, however the drain on stamina is wrong. If I'm covert as a low level thief, and I use all my stamina coverting, how can I then attack a target of opportunity? Also why should assass use all of my stamina? Why not be able to vary how much stamina I use? That way, I could assass a mutant rat and not be vulnerable to the zerker roaming the sewers. A good thief always leaves himself a way out.

As far as a new ability goes, stealing gold should be replaced with pickpocketing. This would allow you to steal either all of the gold or an item from inventory randomly. Obviously you can't steal something they are wearing. The reason I think you should be able to steal 100% of the gold is because who carries their money in different places? If your wallet gets lifted on the subway, your money is gone!

Also finding/disabling traps is what thieves are good at, that should be added.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.