Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Abilities. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/01/24 at 19:30:40

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Thief Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   New Abilities.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Abilities.  (Read 2160 times)
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

Re: New Abilities.
« Reply #20 on: 01/28/03 at 01:59:52 »
Quote Quote

If you could steal items from inventory it would just require a little more strategy.  Like having a coverted thief with you to give the drop to, so no one could steal it.
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 01/28/03 at 03:05:42 »
Quote Quote

or running off in a hurry, perhaps if the process of stealing took longer. if you had to successfully look in the persons inventory first to steal an item it would add a couple seconds for someone who is expecting to get robbed to make thier getaway.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: 01/28/03 at 13:55:28 »
Quote Quote

Another side idea from this stealing an item idea.. I read somewhere, on this post maybe? About the ability to steal all of the persons gold, not just a small amount.. Why not set it so it either steals All the persons gold, or a Single inventory item. So it's like Aid is to Heal - Aid is a better version of heal, costing more mana.. This could be called ____ (im lame at thinking of names..) and cost 2 stamina each time you try it? Half the chance is to steal an item, other half to steal all the gold..

I dunno if anyone's following me here.. But it's just an idea.. What do ya'll think?
IP Logged

the Kiheitai

We're headstrong to take on anyone

weaselking123   weaselking123
View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: 02/01/03 at 07:56:24 »
Quote Quote

If you added a 6th stamina, you would have to adjust the assassinate so as too not make it so dominating. If you reduce the damage percent by say 15% then you should be able to incorporate the 6th stamina to not be too godly.
IP Logged

the Kiheitai: proud members of DRACO HONORIS...Represent
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 02/01/03 at 13:41:32 »
Quote Quote

well, yes, but...remember that this will also make training them up to lvl 30 just that much harder.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
Pyros

Email

« Reply #25 on: 02/01/03 at 14:34:13 »
Quote Quote

Not when you do the steal thing, which a lot of people do.
IP Logged
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 02/02/03 at 22:48:31 »
Quote Quote

How about an ability called 'knockout' where the theif takes his weapon, sneaks up behind the person, and hits him on the back of his hhead with his weapon, taking all the stamina away, only 25% of this happening though, and if it fails or not the theif becomes visible!  If it fails however the theif loses 2 stamina (because he has to run away) plus the 1 stamina for doing the knockout.  Some weapons could maybe increase the likliness of this happening, and the theifs dexerity and level could be a factor too.  If it suceeds, the theif gets a list of all the other players inventory.  He can take any item that is not worth above 5k or all the players gold!  So hallys and all the good armor couldn't be taken.
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: 02/03/03 at 04:08:41 »
Quote Quote

Quite a complicated ability your explaining there.  I dont tend kind to it though, sorry.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: 02/05/03 at 19:44:51 »
Quote Quote

i didn't read all post but about the power training :p

i would prefer this cuz i could now powertrain and only take 2000 gold with me lol

it would just take me a little longer to take my lvl 1 to a monster everytime i'm done stealing but it would still make it alot less risky then training with 400k :p

it would be slower to powertrain but i would prefer that then the normal powertraining :p (maybe it's less boring this way too)
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Galatae

shh! gowna hunt wabbits!

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 02/13/03 at 06:07:29 »
Quote Quote

Ok, we thieves would like a 6th stam sure, but I don't think it is necessary.

Then the steal all gold. Would be nice, I don't care either way. I would prefer it to stay the same as it is now.

Assassinate does need to be adjusted. I have two high level alts one has 19 str and 20 dex .. 5 stams for 120 - 307.
Other 17 str and 21 dex .. 5 stams for 115 - 285 (just got arch, so don't know full max range)

The point is that Archie Fighters, Rangers and Mages can 1 round orcs, but it takes 2 higher level thieves to do the same.
Assassinate needs to be adjusted in two ways: 1) slightly more percentage to damage. 2) decrease the variance.

Additionally, I haven't read anyone talk about the Cleric's vision spell. Covert/Invis/Camouflage characters should have a chance to stay hidden when the spell is cast. I don't have specific %'s but an Archie should be able to have a chance to stay covert against a lvl 10 Cleric. Of course this percentage goes down as the difference in Wisdom and Levels decrease.  

For example: 1 mage lvl 17, 1 druid lvl 24, 3 thieves 30, 20, 13 all "invis"
A party with a lvl 19 Cleric casts vision in each square they step into. The lvl 13 thief fails the percentage roll (could have gotten lucky and passed, though very slim), the lvl 17 mage has very high wisdom and passes. The druid has only has 16 wis and fails, the lvl 20 thief didn't pass, but the lvl 30 does due to the level bonus.
The End result: lvl 13 thief, 24 druid, and 20 thief become visible while the mage and archie thief remain hidden.
Then the archie Fighters and Rangers in the group start kicking butt on the two they can hit and the Cleric gets to work on the thief, only to be surpised by the two crits that remained hidden.

IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 02/13/03 at 19:36:06 »
Quote Quote

i agree with galatae that variance should be cleaned up, my thieves are the bees knees when it comes to assassinating they know how to do it and theres no extra trick about it or skill to it that can be more finely honed ergo, they shouldn't screw it up so d**ned much.

i also think clerics vision is fine the way it is but players and npc's spotting a thief should be different. just because one person sees someone hiding doesn't mean everyone does. if playerx sees stalk in playerx should be the only one who sees you and no one else will see you unless they talk at you using /t thiefsname or attack you. sounds right to me atleast.
IP Logged

So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #31 on: 02/13/03 at 22:20:58 »
Quote Quote

Having certain people see you and certain people not could get confusing.
IP Logged

Galatae

shh! gowna hunt wabbits!

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 02/14/03 at 03:38:38 »
Quote Quote

I agree with Stotic, I am not seeing how one person can see someone and not another. At least as it is right now, either you are visible or you are not.

ANYONE that is hidden should get a chance to remain so. Vision should not be automatic 100% for everyone.  
Look at it this way, you're out in the woods. People are hiding. You don't know how many. Are you really going to see EVERYONE if you spot one person?

IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 02/14/03 at 08:20:27 »
Quote Quote

I always assumed Vision to be a spell that would cancel out covert/invis/camo of anyone in the surrounding area (square).  It makes sense that everyone has the chance of being spotted etc, but if they cast the spell that is supposed to check the square for hidden players, then it should do so for all of them.
IP Logged
Galatae

shh! gowna hunt wabbits!

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 02/17/03 at 04:15:49 »
Quote Quote

Yes, Like I said. Everyone has a chance to be spotted.
This chance will simply vary depending on differences in the spotter/spottee. It could work on everyone on the square, or no one. The cleric has no idea if there's anyone on the square anyway, unless the 'invis' character reveals themself in someway.  

On a side note: If a player speaks outside of clan, party chat or page, then he/she should become visible, as anyone around knows that the player is there.
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 02/17/03 at 05:52:08 »
Quote Quote

ill try explaining myself again in a different way.

if playerX spots you walking in to a room it shouldn't mean the 2 dozen other people  need to see you also. you were still moving stealthily and only one person noticed you. so...

you do...

you move south.
playerX spots you

playerX sees...
you spot dognapot coming into the room.

everyone else sees.
nothing they didn't spot you.

playerX does...
/t dognapot hey you! i see you! don't you think i didn't catch that!

you see....
playerX (to dognapot):hey you! i see you! don't you think i didn't catch that!
you are no longer covert.

everyone else sees...
dognapot is no longer covert.

something like that is all.
IP Logged

So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine
Momba

Email

« Reply #36 on: 02/17/03 at 09:35:10 »
Quote Quote

Saw the topic new abilities and skipped even reading anymore. This in my option the most balanced crit in the game. Leave it alone. Concentrate all your creative efforts on those crappy Druids and fighters
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #37 on: 02/17/03 at 21:40:00 »
Quote Quote

Fighters are far from crappy.
IP Logged

alicia

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 02/18/03 at 01:54:30 »
Quote Quote

Fighters have the lag disadvantage... they are useless in lag.
Suppose fighters got a base 100 weapon Smiley and fight them against a ranger in heavy lag conditions

You attacked me with a super hally for 175 points of damage
me drank something
me drank something
me drank something
me drank something
me drank something
me drank something
me drank something
me drank something
me drank something
me drank something
me drank something
me drank something..

me rapidly fired at you for 70 points of damage *5 Killing you
or for thieves...
You were assasinated.But id hardly call them 'crappy'
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 02/18/03 at 03:29:02 »
Quote Quote

i agree with stotic. i've had a master thief with 310 hp get rounded by an expert fighter with no spells. it won't happen again but i can't call 'em crappy for that reason alone.
IP Logged

So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.