Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Draco Honoris, Purify My Soul »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/27/24 at 14:30:43

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Draco Honoris, Purify My Soul
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Draco Honoris, Purify My Soul  (Read 1802 times)
Odin
Australia 

View Profile Email

Draco Honoris, Purify My Soul
« on: 02/09/03 at 13:27:58 »
Quote Quote

All these years, spilling blood of the innocent, what have I achieved from it? Nothing. I am opening my arms in hope of liberation from the shackles of evil. For ages it has streamed through my blood, poisoning me. I have pursued guidance before, only to find more evil, encouraging me to live and practice their lies and torture. I have had enough, it is time for change. This corruption has run through my blood far too long, so long that it is near irreparable to cleanse on my own will. I cannot travel this journey myself, as it would merely suck me back into the misery and torture of hell. I only know of one pure clan which can help my endeavor, Draco Honoris, I am on my knees in hope of deliverance, change, freedom. I beg of you not to vanquish me because of my past sins, hear my case, watch my every step if you will, with aid I can cross the plane and live a real life, a pure life. This is my call for freedom.
IP Logged

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

Re: Draco Honoris, Purify My Soul
« Reply #1 on: 02/09/03 at 16:02:49 »
Quote Quote

(OOC That was great. Honestly. *sniff* MORE MORE WE WAnT MORE!)
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Crusher

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/09/03 at 21:04:19 »
Quote Quote

My son.

You have come to cry out, longing for the cleansing of your soul. You have invited us to watch your every step. This is the key to release.

We will look for you. We will watch, even guard you. The path of repentance can be long and hard, yea, it is as you say. The shed blood of the innocent, which you have spilt, is crying out against you. Now hear the word.

Make what restitution you can, pay it back, not evil for evil, but rather repay evil with good.

Dear brothers I plead with you! Stop doing wrong! Learn to do what is right, and just, and fair!

Those of the Dragon, the Draco Honoris, do not profess to be pure. We profess to be on the way. We seek to do what is right, along with you. Yet brother, I fear we are not the answer you seek, for we cannot change a man's heart.  

We offer our help, but it will be you that makes the difference.
IP Logged

Crusher
phos kai dzoe
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/10/03 at 07:27:33 »
Quote Quote

SHACKLES? MISGUIDED! You are a weak fool, I spit the word Odin, he who was once almighty, murderer supreme, feared and respected, and what has become of him? A weakened pathetic pile of worthless cowering scum. Think of the rush, the power, as the blood of children spilt upon your gaunts, the screams of women as you defiled them as no other could, d**nit men dropped to their knees and pleaded for their worthless lives before you. High Shadow Danté himself granted you a gift, such power, and how do you repay him?

There is nothing you can do to walk another path, you and me are bound by blood, by the blood of he who reigns almighty, High Shadow Danté, by fusion of our own blood, and by the blood of the innocent which fuels our desire to continue down this path of glory, reknown, and fortune. Would you turn away from such simple delights?  

You cannot change what you are, for I am you also, forever, we will be as one, you cannot betray your blood, you will not betray your kindred.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Dark_innocence

We choose our own path.. what will yours be?

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/10/03 at 07:29:45 »
Quote Quote

<She steps forward from the shadows as the cries of a man with a lost soul pleads for their assistance. She watches a moment and listens intently letting him speak all that he wishes, listens to Crusher and then her gaze meets those of the stranger once more>

"Your name stranger? I know it not. I am called Dark_Innocence, although my true name is Destiny. "

<as she speaks these words she steps toward him, so that he can see her face. Her eyes are dark and intense, yet show gentleness about them. She seems to study him more, her lips curling into a soft smile and she extends her hand patting his arm.  She lets it fall once more to her side resting upon her Dagger of the Winds, not with a threatening gesture mind you, but more out of habit.>

I hear your words stranger, and Crusher's as well. He speaks the truth to you, we shall help, but... inside is where your strength will come from. We all have a path to choose, and at times, tis nay the easy path that completes us.  

<she pauses a few moments, as if remembering.  Darkness storms through her eyes briefly and then they flicker back to a gentle gaze. Aye, she too has had her own demons. Her own past often visits her in her slumber. Her nightmares hidden well though. The past is over... the past is over.. she reassures herself and then pushes the memories from mind for now.>

"A mans choice upon the path he walks often is the biggest step in changing their future stranger. It seems ye have made this. We shall watch though.  When darkness threatens to pull you to the side, your hunger for the blood of an innocent strong... take a breath and think of where you wish to be. Call us if ye need to, our assistance only a shadow away.  

As Crusher said, we are nay pure. We only do the best we can to walk the path we choose.  

<She walks once more to the man and withdraws a small stone from her pocket. She feels the warmth of the deep crimson ruby upon her palm and remembers once more.. Many years she has kept this.. not out of greed, but out of remembering and she places it into his hand. She closes his fingers around it and steps back once more knowing that he would feel a warmth in his palm. She wonders, never knowing how they could be warm after all this time.>

A woman once gave me this, her name was Eternal_Breeze. She gave me this, although at that time I deserved it not. Mayhap to show me that there were other ways in life.  I no longer need it stranger, my path has been chosen also. But I hope some how it helps ye as it did me.

<she doesn't speak of all that was taught to her that day at the edge of the Dark Forest amid the bodies of the rogues who had caught her.. and Eternal had slain only to protect her.. she only takes a deep breath and continues>  

It will take time, and the memories within ye will remain. They always do you know. I learned long ago that there are many ways to survive. When you wish to kill, look at this Stranger.. Its color, like the blood of the innocents you have killed.  Think of those, mayhap you have lost along the way of your darkened life. The choice, is always yours.

<She looks down a moment closing her eyes. Finally she looks up to Crusher and smiles, knowing he too keeps her on the path she wishes to be. Bowing her head to the two of them she steps back into the shadows and slips out, returning to training and whispers to herself "the past is gone">
IP Logged

Stories
Caressing you with its words
Pulling you into its pages
Winding you around its plot
Meant only to entangle your mind
Confuse it, twist it
Bring it to a frame of mind
Then turn the page
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: 02/10/03 at 07:42:37 »
Quote Quote

Eyes glowing red with fury and spite, Deval swings his body deftly around to face the direction Dark_Innocence left.
Halberd in hand, and his Demon, 'Demonnis Deval', by his side, the weak words of this female will longer bare meaning to he who which she talks.  
With a roar Deval sets off on the same path Dark_Innocence left, to bring doom itself to this feeble knave.
As his figure dissapears into the darkness whispers still yet linger, 'The shadows live on...'
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Crusher

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 02/10/03 at 08:25:47 »
Quote Quote

Hear, you harbingers of doom and destruction!

Hear well! I fear the fury of my own hand; I long to be made an instrument of vengeance! Yet this is not to be.

Hear the Word, all those who would rather hold one in bondage rather than to see his purification!

It is written! "If the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!"

He that hath an ear let him hear.
IP Logged

Crusher
phos kai dzoe
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/10/03 at 11:07:13 »
Quote Quote

Drizzt DoUrden rises from the shadows off to the side. Having no time to speak more fully, he says "If you're looking for redemtion, this would be a good place to start....follow me...if you can keep up!" as he runs past, towards the same path Dark Innocence and Deval had taken moments earlier. You hear a rustling sound coming from above your head and catch a glimpse of a black form jumping through the trees following after the party. Within moments the sound is gone and the path lay empty.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
Flux

The Grammar Nazi

123923174 123923174     Floating+Duckie
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/10/03 at 11:51:46 »
Quote Quote

Hah. Fools.
Darkness battles light, light strikes against dark. And I am the fine like that treads the yin-yang like a canal running between the balance of power.  

You who rush to war, and you who rush to repent: your crimson days are as numbered as one another's. But lo, I will outlive to tell the tale. Fighting, wars, heroics and massacres be d**ned. I care not of your (mis)deeds.  

::Flux picks his teeth with a carving knife, and spits out a piece of deer gristle::

Where there is profit, there is a young mage, waiting at the end of the tavern, sitting casually on his barstool. He does not care for the rigid path of the righteous, or the chaotic lusts of the cruel. He sees not shades of white, or droplets of red, but responds to only the otherworldly call of golden dreams.

You heard me. Money talks, poverty walks. Now as rumor has it, Odin is not as sincere as he makes himself out to be. Whats that you say? You want some proof? You want a little more information on that?  

Let's see the color of your money.
IP Logged

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." - H.L. Mencken
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 02/10/03 at 16:49:51 »
Quote Quote

How can we know if the intentions of someone are or are not true if we don't let that person try?

Darkness only exists because Light exists. And Light also exists because there is Darkness. Everybody has a mission, and it is our right to choose the path we want to follow. But even if there is no turning back in life, we can still follow a different path, different from the one we started. But only if our intentions are true.

One of the best ways to move from one path to another (the right one) is sharing the pain inside us, not cause more pain.

"The knowledge is in the past, the reason is in the present, and the reward is in the future."
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: 02/10/03 at 16:58:12 »
Quote Quote

Very true.  And, we're quite capable of working it out ourselves - we have no interest in paying for information.  Thanx though.
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 02/11/03 at 08:22:22 »
Quote Quote

~Princess Aerial~

The girl steps from the shadows an ever present creature of the night her dark blue eyes like sapphies on black silk, she shakes her head hearing the words then the actions heading towards her friend, DI..  she follows along behind him silently waiting for the moment he's not looking and knocks his feet from benieth him to where he'd fall hitting his face in the dirt.

She says as she stands over him,"Not all were meant for light, not all that are dark truely wish to be. Some stay in those spheres because it is the wishing of others... so I must ask... if you are not happy within the world you created .. why not ask others for help? Though the doubts will always be there you shouldn't be so quick to assume... But always remember.. the Shadows see things you will never.. but know this. An attack upon my friends is one upon me. that I will nay forgive." with that she turns to walk away leaving the man in the dirt to pick himself up and mayhaps some day see the error of his ways. But a child she walks off but with  each step she seems to fade away till nothing of her remains as if a ghostly apparition..........
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Crusher

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 02/11/03 at 17:14:12 »
Quote Quote

Crusher slams his fist down on the table hard, mugs of ale fly everywhere. A cat screeches in the distance, and for a moment there is quiet.

Light and darkness. Fools. It has been said that light cannot exist without darkness, nor darkness without light. This is NOT the way.

Light is light. Where there is no light there is darkness. The darkness is trying to swallow the light, but the light will prevail.

I care not for this...eastern trash, this (what did you say, yin/yang?) Tell me not that the world requires balance. Do not say that good only exists where there is evil, that evil only where there is good. Do not tell me that balance is required.

Good is foreign to evil. Evil wants to build more evil only to excuse its selfishness as normal.  

You might think you are fine. You are like undergarments in a drawer. How nice you all are! How lovely and bright and fresh! Until new undergarments are added to the Armoire, and the glaring white shows you for what you are: a faded, stretched has-been.

The way of light has no harmony with the dark; the light does not need the darkness in order to be light. Light is light. You however love the darkness...it's an easier path to walk, and the payoff is good, and it is fast.

The way of the light takes longer, but in the end the payoff is greater, and all those around benefit, rather than the few who chose to satisfy themselves.

------------------
With that, Crusher sat back down, seething. In mere moments, the pub returned to its raucous state, the sermon apparently neither understood nor applied.

What they failed to see however, was that Crusher had grown.
IP Logged

Crusher
phos kai dzoe
Bishop
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 02/11/03 at 17:48:47 »
Quote Quote

There is some truth here; prehaps it could be more accuately stated that Good will not be allowed to exist without some evil sprouting up to prey on it.
IP Logged

Dark_innocence

We choose our own path.. what will yours be?

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 02/12/03 at 00:23:25 »
Quote Quote

<She stops quickly as she hears a ruckus behind her.  Eyes wide she quickly turns around as a low growl emits from her throat. She brings her Dagger which has been forged with the power of the winds up and starts to bring it down but stops herself quickly, her knuckles turning white from holding it so tightly. She sees the form of a stranger (Deval) fall to the ground and blinks as the familiar face of Princess Aerial passes by and then vanishes as if into thin air.  She shakes her head as the man eats dirt>

Touching me could be a huge mistake.  Those who believe as I do would nay hesistate to strike if one threatens our existance.  

<She takes a breath as she tries to calm herself. Hearing rustling in the trees she looks up, sensing the presence of one she knows as Drizzt and smiles some although she can't see him.  She knows that he is watching and would protect her.  She jumps slightly as she hears the booming voice of Crusher and then she kneels, her knees feeling the cold dampness of the winter ground and she peers at Deval>

You can not stop what we wish to accomplish. Are you so weak that you think killing others will make you stronger? Are you so fearful that your power will nay last?  Do you kill only to feel the power that will so easily fade from your fingertips?  You kill for the enjoyment of it you say, but such acts will no longer be tolerated! You will not win!  

<So easily could she slide the dagger across his throat, so simply could she end his life as he lays sprawled in front of her.. but she doesn't.. Still grasping her weapon tightly she merely steps over him, walking away without looking back she returns to the tavern and steps up to Crusher whispering in his ear "Worry not my friend, they shall not change our path".  With the speaking of these words she bows her head and once more fades to the shadows as her mind starts forming further plans to help them reach their goals>
IP Logged

Stories
Caressing you with its words
Pulling you into its pages
Winding you around its plot
Meant only to entangle your mind
Confuse it, twist it
Bring it to a frame of mind
Then turn the page
Odin
Australia 

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: 02/12/03 at 02:03:32 »
Quote Quote

(OOC: No no no no no! *slaps his forehead* you cannot control other people in RP! Why dont i just cast an apocalypse spell and cease everything? Because it doesn't work like that!)

<he stumbles over to Flux and mumbles something into his ear. There is an exchange of some type and the selfish mage appears to be satisfied. Odin quickly glances at Deval, knowingly. He then turns his head and stumbles to the corner of the room and collapses, he appears to be exhausted by this whole experience.>  

Edit: OOC not OCC, to much rifts  Smiley
« Last Edit: 02/12/03 at 02:42:03 by Odin » IP Logged

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: 02/12/03 at 02:48:01 »
Quote Quote

(OOC: I will allow this mishap of controlling anothers action/reactions and play on, as though this tremdous oversight of basic rp rules had never happened.)

<Deval, amused at his own clumsiness mutters to himself.>  
'How did you let that happen hmmn? Some power you have Demonis, hah.'
<With a violent twitch of his head, as if answering his own question he mutters again>  
'Oh I failed to spot a mischevious female, besides, do you honestly think such a weak creature could possibly hurt you with me here? I have power Delt, I own your power, and don't you forget it, or I shall crush this mortal body, then we shall see what benefit that does you.'  
<With violent twitching of his head, he clumsily attempts to regain his footing he speaks to himself yet again,>
'I am not Delt! I am Deval!'
'Yes, yes you are. Look, our brothers confer.'
<Deval turns to look in the direction of Flux and Odin, wiping sweat from his forhead bulging with viens, he grins,>
'Ah, my old friends...'
IP Logged

Flux

The Grammar Nazi

123923174 123923174     Floating+Duckie
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: 02/12/03 at 02:51:33 »
Quote Quote

::To Odin::  
Thank you, my good man.  

::Approaches Crusher::  
Odin is a good man. One well suited to join your army of light.  

::Flux heads back to his seat at the bar, to find that a young aspiring hero has taken it. After a brief exchange of words, the young man unsheathes his sword. Flux, with a wave of his hand, ignites the stool until it emanates with a radiant orange glow.    

The young man's pants singe, and he runs out the door, screaming. As the chair cools, Flux proceeds to reclaim his seat.::

Hoy, Deval. What news do you bring?
IP Logged

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." - H.L. Mencken
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: 02/12/03 at 05:07:01 »
Quote Quote

<Standing and walking to Flux, Deval keeps his eyes on Odin as he walks, as much as possible without stumbling into furniture and the likes. Calmed greatly Deval shrugs at the question, and with an inquiring look to Flux asks>
'I am bothered by the number do-gooding fools about, and yet my mind presents a question to me, a question as to whether, you are friend or foe? Many years have I known you, and still have not yet come to an understanding of your loyalties, you confuse me sorcerer, but, I suppose you have always been a good man to share a pint with, shall we? Oh, and I don't suppose you would have any objection to whispering in my ear what my treacherous kindred whispered in yours?'
<Deval locks Flux in a stare, implying he is in no mood to be fooled with>
IP Logged

Bishop
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: 02/12/03 at 15:50:12 »
Quote Quote

Sits quietly at a corner table, back in the encroaching darkness, watching and listening intently to the recent goings-on.

*thinks* I know of these recent arrivals, aware of their presence here in Nightmist since almost the day I arrived.  This little drama is ...interesting, ...curious, ... ...amusing.>

Remains a still, dark figure sitting alone at a table in the dark corner of the room. Occasionally the glow of a faint ember can be seen, followed by swirls of smoke from the pipe barely discernable in the darkness.
« Last Edit: 02/22/03 at 17:29:36 by Bishop » IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.