Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Draco Honoris, Purify My Soul »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/28/24 at 08:35:30

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Draco Honoris, Purify My Soul
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Draco Honoris, Purify My Soul  (Read 1803 times)
Khellondros

Email

Re: Draco Honoris, Purify My Soul
« Reply #20 on: 02/19/03 at 14:38:28 »
Quote Quote

*a soft voice speaks from inside a raised hood*

Regardless of Odin's sincerity in this matter, it is impossible for him to turn to the path of good. Why? There is no good. Good and Evil are simply definitions of actions provided by the person observing. Even Draco Honoris, my companions, who stand for this 'Good' in Nightmist, do not know Good. All they stand for is what they believe everyone else should be. If everyone 'Evil' turned to this 'Good', it would only be a matter of time before 'Evil' became redefined, allowing the 'Good' to once again raise themselves above them.

*The figure pulls the hood back from his head, revealing a face only the old have seen, and the wise remember. His grey hair appears darker than before and is matted together, hanging loosly around his lowered face and partially obscuring the tatoo across his left eye. Suddenly, his neck flashes upwards to look around the room, steely grey eyes blazing*

Odin may be able to walk the path of Draco Honoris, but he, nor they, can walk the path of 'Good' for no such thing exists. I see this now, and know that the best path for a man to walk is that which he walks for himself.
IP Logged
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: 02/20/03 at 21:54:02 »
Quote Quote

*Valentine rushes in, breathless, with a diminutive paladin close on her heels.*

Ahh, Khellondros. So the rumors that you have been lurking about are true. Perhaps the fable of the prodigal son is, indeed, wrapped in a bit of truth.

Tell us of your travels...I have regaled Kiara here *gestures to the young paladin* of the times you, Bishop, and I had spent in the early days of our clan.

*Valentine takes a seat, wrapping the worn cape she wears around her shoulders. Kiara stands silently behind her, her dark eyes glowing with a hint of mistrust at the stranger she has heard so much about.*
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Khellondros

Email

« Reply #22 on: 02/20/03 at 22:37:45 »
Quote Quote

*The corner of Khellondros' mouth raises into a small smile at the sight of his old friend*

It's good to see faces I know well are still around, my method among this madness if you will. Also to meet Kiara for the first time, I had heard of her on my travels and looked foreward to meeting at some point..  
*nods at the young Paladin*
Greetings, young one. Though I know little about you I hope that we can become comrades as I am with your wards.
*turns back to Valentine*
It is a shame, however, that the warrior within her conflicts with her love of the Gods and make her chose the path of a Paladin, as we both know that Clerics have the potential for so much more once released from their constaints. It pleases me to know that I have not been forgotten, though the look in her eyes could lead me to believe my memory is not entirely a fond one? Maybe it is just the reappearence of a face she never thought she'd see? Regardless, I hope my old place among you all still remains.

The stories of my travels are prehaps best saved for another time, though it must be said that boredom is not my only reason for returning here. I worry, though, that my values may have changed so that I am no longer welcome among Draco Honoris, although it is the only house here I wish to be in. Tell me, have there been any major changes since I left?
IP Logged
Valentine

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: 02/21/03 at 18:24:29 »
Quote Quote

*Kiara glares defiantly at Khellondros for a moment, flashes a bright smile for a fraction of a second, then returns to her brooding stare. In what seems to be an afterthought, she curtsies* "Nice ta mee' ya. What ye wear tha' hood for?"

*Valentine looks at the young warrior with amusement, then turns to Khellondros* "You should feel honored--she rarely speaks, and her mistrust of strangers often gets in the way of common courtesy.  
Draco Honoris has evolved through time, as all things do. We fight against those who seek to crush the will of others. As such, the tables of the hunter and hunted are turned and interchanged so often that there are moments when it is difficult to determine which side falls in the light, and who is masked in darkness. We continue, however, in spite of the knowledge that we can only travel the road we have chosen, and that no true destination lies at the end of this journey." *She sits back, awaiting Khellondros's response. Kiara leans in and whispers in Valentine's ear. Valentine casually gestures towards Khellondros; Kiara looks annoyed, then speaks* "Ye speak o' ye values," *Kiara steps forward, her challenging stance almost comical on her small frame* "Ye goin' ta tell us what ye mean speakin' o' ye values?"

*Valentine raises her eyebrow, unaccustomed to such forwardness from her young partner* "Well, Khellondros, I think it only befitting that you answer the lady."
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Khellondros

Email

« Reply #24 on: 02/21/03 at 21:45:13 »
Quote Quote

*A smile plays across Khellondros' lips at the sight of the young woman standing before him, and as he leans forward to speak his eyes are sparkling*

Please sit, I pose you no threat here and you draw more eyes than maybe a girl of your place would want. I speak of my values only because they have changed since I was last among my companions here. Although listening to Valentine gives me a picture of a Draco Honoris maybe more...stained than when I left, my own experiences have also steered me from the path of 'righteousness’ I used to strive so hard to follow. I’ve discovered that the world cannot be truly seen in the light and dark fashion that I believe we used to see, that there are many shades in between and often it is more beneficial for all if sometimes the light was to disappear entirely and let the darkness have its ‘moment in the sun’. Whilst I still believe in our virtues of Truth, Honour, Justice and Courage, and still punish those who do not stand in such light as I see fit, I also see that these virtues can hold back the potential of what someone, myself, can become. You may think me hypocritical, forcing a set of values upon others but in the process breaking them myself, but to that I could say ‘you must fight fire with fire’. How can you punish the unjust without becoming unjust yourself, as no matter how pure your intentions the fact remains in the process of...enlightening others you may have to stoop to the same level as them. Think, if you will, of my values as a shadow cast by a light. Unless all obstacles are removed I will always be there, only when nothing stands in the way of the light, these virtues, will I no longer be needed. I hope this satisfies your curiosity?

*Khellondros sits back, silent for a few seconds. When he speaks again it is to Valentine*

Now you too have heard that, do you believe that I can resume my place in the halls of our Keep? I have changed, but from the sounds of it so has everyone. It may be that you do not want the shadow among you, but even if you turn me away I will be doing what I can to help you, where I can. You need not rush the decision though for I must leave again very soon, I have matter elsewhere to attend to and tomorrow I will be gone again, although only for seven nights should no injury befall me. If, however, you decide before I leave then please do say…

*Khellondros picks up the drink on the table before him and finishes the last mouthful, before tucking the dark grey hood around his head again*

Sometimes it is better, Kiara, to keep a low profile.
IP Logged
Valentine

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #25 on: 02/21/03 at 22:19:25 »
Quote Quote

*Kiara starts to speak, but, thinking better of it, turns to return to her accustomed place behind Valentine. As she takes a seat on an uncomfortable wooden chair, she glances at Khellondros once more. Barely audible, she mutters* "Aye, a lo' profile indeed."

*Valentine grins with amusement at the interchange she has just witnessed, then stands* "Khellondros, you old fool, let's not have this talk of banishing tried and true friends. You are still welcome among the halls of Draco Honoris, and even if you weren't, you know we couldn't stop you. The ways of the shadow are not sacred knowledge, my friend, and I am full aware that you would find your way past our guards if the purpose suited you. Come, meet with the believers we have been blessed with. You have met Kiara. Her sister is in training at the High Guild of Mages, but as she is currently in solitude we must save that introduction for awhile longer. Crusher rests his voice there. He has proven himself to be most helpful, and has been rewarded with more responsibility for his trouble (OOC: Founder of DH)."

*Valentine surveys the room for more friendly faces*

"Ah, yes, and there is the ever-watchful Bishop. Perhaps, my love, you could share a few kind words with our long-lost comrade."

*She returns to her seat, awaiting to hear the reactions of her followers to the hooded cleric who has rejoined their midst.*
IP Logged

Khellondros

Email

« Reply #26 on: 02/21/03 at 23:46:33 »
Quote Quote

*Khellondros looks over at Bishop and tips his head forward slightly in greeting*

As much as the thought of talk here pulls at me to stay, I'm afraid I must be leaving now. My farewells to the three of you, and to my new friend, though it would appear the pleasure was indeed all mine, I wish good fortune till we next meet.

*Standing Khellondros stretches a bit, then quickly stops and pulls his cloak around him as he notices the sword pommel protruding from underneath it. Without saying anything else he swiftly heads out the door, staff in hand*
IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #27 on: 02/22/03 at 17:20:32 »
Quote Quote

*Absorbed in his own thoughts, nearly oblivious to the activity around him.  For a moment joins the 'here and now' and returns Khell's nod of greeting with one of this own; and promptly returns to his thoughts of other things, barely noticing his old friend leave.*
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 02/22/03 at 19:52:10 »
Quote Quote

*There is a blinding flash of light, and the noise of echoing thunder can be heard for miles around. A tall mysterious figure appears suddenly, standing beneath the large arch of the partially open door*  

<Eternyte spots Deval in the corner of the room and appears to float over>  

“Many blue moons have past since I visited these parts last, news of Odin’s requested deliverance has travelled far and wide. Whispers from the North passed to me while battling with Aet’Thol”  

<Peers over at Odin who seems lost in thought, and continues to speak to Deval>  

“There are too many would be pure and holy in these parts, they will do Odin no help. My advice to you, is that Odin’s future lies firmly in your hands, and would suggest that he be taken to the area of the Undead, where evil must be allowed to flow through him.”  

“You most of all should remember the plans of Ewin and Norinth. Odin, cannot wish to follow the path of the righteous, he is key to the success of the task at hand. The feared murderer must rise again and ensure a second shadow to fall over these lands.”  

<A raven flies in though the door and sits on Eternytes shoulder; the bird seems to speak in an unknown tongue>  

“I am needed back in the Ice Caverns, a tribe of Barbarians have entered unknowingly, and this cannot wait to be rectified. With this news I bid you farewell. Remember just send a whisper with the Ravens if you ever require my help, they will always remain loyal to the cause.”  

<Eternyte pats Deval on the shoulder and nods at Flux. With that Eternyte places a deathly looking black hood over his head, and vanishes into the night from whenst he came>
IP Logged
Crusher

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 03/01/03 at 23:45:35 »
Quote Quote

Crusher emits a painful gasp, and falls into what seems to be a trance of some sort. The place grows quiet, wondering if perhaps the gnarled old holy man has at last breathed his last. Kiara steps up to cast a healing spell on the stodgy old cleric, but notices instead that he is mumbling almost imperceptively.

Suddenly, Crusher raises up, smiles at everyone in the room, and tips the handle of his morning star at Bishop before leaving the room.

It was only then that Bishop noticed his glass of ale was once again full.

IP Logged

Crusher
phos kai dzoe
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 03/09/03 at 21:53:51 »
Quote Quote

~Princess_Aerial~

Though often not seen as she stays within the shadows she watches on with the hauntingly familiar dark  blue eyes of her father.. like sapphires glittering in the night they peer on watching yet she remains silent .. thinking.. debating. But a child the wisdom hidden within her little form remains hidden  before her words seem to come from no where yet everywhere.

A true friend is one that brings you up not down
One that strives to make you smile at least once
Friends often stick together
And if let go of for any reason
It's the truest and most loyal that will remain close should you ever really need them.

One that wishes purification you're path lays with shadows and lies besmirk your words. A pity to those that would have helped you and it forshadows all around you. If resolution and a new beginning is what you truely seek. Look to yourself before others.  

Find the things that you dislike about yourself and change them. Never be afraid to ask others what they think just do't do as they say when they say for then they'd be controling you. And that would not be friendship that would be abuse.

Where so ever your path and goals lie I hope you find the obsolution and find what it is you truely seek.  

*her eyes close then... within the shadows remaining unseen.. and now back to being unheard*
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: 05/21/03 at 01:17:25 »
Quote Quote

<Deval sits, almost motionless as he considers Lord Eternytes words. Lifting a hand slowly off the bar, and taking the rim of his cup across his fingers he begins to slowly twist the cup, thinking.>
 The land of the undead, a place so filled with evil, that even the purest of souls may tumble into the unending pit of insanity just by breathing the fetid air of this place. Fetid to the ignorant, pure bliss to those who appreciate true power. Memories dance accross the back of Devals brown eyes, as a slight grin pricks at either side of his mouth. Lord Eternyte speaks the truth, that is the only place that could remind Odin of the power he is gifted with. If Odin could not be reminded of the power of his jewels, of his birthright gray, and later the black, it would leave Deval no choice but to smash the powerful jewels Odin was gifted with. Glancing at his hand, his own Black jewel embedded in a ring of gold, Deval mutters a prayer to his blood god.

'A sacrifice of 50 spleens from newborn children to you would not be enough for you to grant me the power to easily defeat this man alone, and therefore, he must never be my enemy. A man who was born to brother my jewel, to mirror my strength... he will be, he must be, corrupted... again.'

Standing with a scowl accross his face, Deval throws a few coins on the bar and turns to Flux.

'My dear friend, I fear I will be meeting you again soon. You know where I am headed, it would do you well to not interfere, but to assist... We have much history dear Flux, do not give me cause to smash your jewels also, destroying one of my brothers would pain me so, but to take the lives of two...'

Deval shudders at the thought, turns on his heel and walks towards the door, as he walks he mumurs lightly to Bishop as he passes, 'righteous fool', and slams the door behind him. A few moments later, the brey of a horse can be heard, as the haunting repitition of hooves on stone can be heard echo from the distance.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
dec
Ireland 

Don't F**K with the Irish

View Profile WWW

« Reply #32 on: 06/01/03 at 22:15:58 »
Quote Quote

this aint much to do with the topic but some of u guys should write a book or something its pretty kool  Smiley
IP Logged

http://goten677.tripod.com
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.