Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - The Rising of Rangers! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/28/24 at 12:03:11

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   The Rising of Rangers!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Rising of Rangers!  (Read 762 times)
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

The Rising of Rangers!
« on: 08/25/02 at 10:00:11 »
Quote Quote

In the old days there weren't many joys of life for races who decided to practice archery. The only way for Rangers' to make a living was to enter archery contests which didn't pay that much anyway. Rangers could barely support thier families,Untill one specific Halfling changed the way rangers lived forever...

John Archman & Julia Archman had a child who was named rather unusually,When the child was born Julia decided to name him PopTart for some odd reason. Everyone wondered why she chose that name but she could never think of a reason why she did it.  

PopTart was destined to be a Ranger as was his father and all the other men in the family before him. John knew that the life of a Ranger wasn't a glorious one to say the least,But he also knew he would be frowned upon by the family if he dared to take away the familys tradition. So he eagerly waited for PopTarts' 9th birthday,When it came the traing began.

He realised that PopTart had better aim with the the bow and arrow then any other ranger John had ever seen before. Espeacially when it came to hitting moving objects.

As PopTart grew up he realised just how petty the life of a ranger was,But he also knew it was the only life available to him because of the love for archery his family shared...

PopTart began sneaking out of the forest and into town,He noticed there were alot of criminals that needed to be caught. He seen signs everywhere offering giant amounts of money for these criminals to be brought in dead or alive.

He went home and told his father about this,His father told him "It would be a great way to make money,But these people are dangerous they carry dangerous swords and daggers."
PopTart pleaded with his father to let him try being a bounty hunter because it's the only way he'll ever be able to support a family. His father agreed to give it a chance.

PopTart seen his first criminal ina dark sewer,He wanted to take no chances after hearing what his father told him. So he hid stealthily in the corner,Pulled an arrow out of his knapsack placed it upon the bow,turniped the bow back and PopTarts aim was right on target! The arrow went straight through the dangerous criminals head. PopTart brought the criminal in and recieved his reward,

He walked back to the forest and shared his experience with all the other rangers. His fellow rangers were filled with happiness because they now have a chance at living a nice life,And being able to have enough money to buy nice things for thier wives and kids.

Now PopTart is an old retired veteran who can do no more then share his knowledge with all who are seeking it,But PopTart will never be forgotten,For he changed the lives of rangers forever.

Now rangers realise they can be more then petty entertainers...

They can be Bounty Hunters,JourneyMen,Or anything they choose to be for that matter...
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
Dunadan
USA 

View Profile

Re: The Rising of Rangers!
« Reply #1 on: 09/22/02 at 18:54:20 »
Quote Quote

You almost make it sound real... pop tart killled anyone that he could, hell a bounty was just a bounus to him,

even if he did kill ppl for money, he did it FOR money, since when do we admire mercinaries?
IP Logged

if ignorance is bliss, then why arnt there more happy people
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 11/28/02 at 23:40:09 »
Quote Quote

It would be apreciated if you kept it strictly roleplaying.
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 12/16/02 at 11:11:23 »
Quote Quote

From the eyes of Princess_Aerial...  

The dark blue eyes of the child princess of her once and always proud family, sparkles as she reads and hears of this story about this profound ranger. Upon her pale baby pink lips lift into a smile softly her child like yet hardened features from all that is endured to make yourself better in this strange landd. As she reades on she compares it to her beloved father who was a ranger/archer in their home long before journeying to this land called Nightmist. Fond memories flow through her veins as she closes her eyes remembering sitting besides her father as he shot from his cross bow often competeing with his beloved elven love, Whisper. Often it resulting in much joking and friendly comroderie..  

Sighing softly the child princess sets down the story of the rangered named oddly poptart and smiles,"thanks for the new story" she says softly before skipping off to go cause more trouble or go annoy her now older brother Damon.
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Alkwilyeaon

vroom vroom!!!!!

21208996 21208996   lil_cig  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 01/12/03 at 17:21:18 »
Quote Quote

Alkwilyeaon thinks of the days when he was still in his hometown, listening to the enchanting elven music which he loved so much. he remembers basking in the rays of sunlight that filtered through the forest ceiling, the smell of fresh dew, the dew that makes everything in the forest shimmer. his elven hometown which taught him to be one of the finest rangers in all of nightmist.

He doesn't deny that there are many rangers far more better then he, but he also can't deny that many adventurers have fallen because they dared to cross him. Many have tried to kill him, some mortally wounding him, and some not even scratching him.

But there is something within Alkwilyeaon that sets him apart from most other players and that is his value for life. Alkwilyeaon refuses to kill other adventurers just for their items and their gold. he would rather aid a lost individual in the forest rather than bring him/her down with his enchanted bow.  

But this does not mean that Alkwilyeaon does not know how to fight. hundreds of orcs, griffins, asps and other monsters have fallen because of his bravery. Alkwilyeaon does not bother to hunt down snakes and rats just for their gold. He would rather fight the stronger enemies just to be able to study their strengths and weaknesses. He gains experience by doing so. He has no need for gold, he would rather live life simply, that is what destiny has intended for rangers like him.

(Alkwilyeaon's story draws to an end for now. there will be more tales of his adventures in the coming days. but for now, he has to set out and and explore the various areas of nightmist. to learn... to live.)
IP Logged

i love her with all that i am
and my voice shakes along with my hands
cause i'm speechless to say what i'm feeling today
but i'm out of my league once again

http://www.geocities.com/lil_cig
feanor_so_of_finwe

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 05/13/03 at 16:35:45 »
Quote Quote

It is a touching story but I feanor, creator of the silmarils, greatest of all elves in middle earth and elsewhere have decided that i am the greatest of all elves everywhere, and by nature even the lowliest elf is greater than even the highest human, dwarf, gnome (i laugh in your face), or halfling. I could hit that thief poptart hit in pitch darkness around a corner from three miles away, HA! i sure showed you.

[Note: this is how feanor would act not me plz dont pk the crit feanor_son_of_finwe just because he thinks gnomes are laughable)
IP Logged
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 06/14/03 at 00:46:06 »
Quote Quote

I, Draerkwyn of the west, hereby proclaim my proclamation to send all the Rangers to the headman's block.

Call it genocide or whatever...
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.