Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Remove 'Greater Pact' »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 09:08:25

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Pacifist Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Remove 'Greater Pact'
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Remove 'Greater Pact'  (Read 1547 times)
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

Remove 'Greater Pact'
« on: 08/04/03 at 00:52:30 »
Quote Quote

Pacifists are supposed to be a single class, right? Too bad that 99% of the players instead of playing by themselves forms 'parties' (not technically), just to use the pacifist in a disgusting way.  

A couple of minutes ago I was fighting a smaller boss. When I'd got to mort (together with some pacifists that just sat there) the pacifist casted 'Greater Pact' on all my crits, making me unable to attack monsters and players. The second later a party runs in and starts hitting the boss, which is mortally wounded and I can't do anything.

It was quite obvious that the pacifist and the party was played by the same person or at least by two guys who teamed up like this, thus abusing the pacifists' power and purpose as a single class.

In my opinion, the spell 'greater pact' doesn't quite fit into the game. I doubt anything can be done about people playing them this way, so I'd suggest removing the spell since 99% of the people obviously are abusing it (I've seen this happen at other bosses aswell).

(oh and by the way, I ended up getting the kill anyways since the newb (True_Killa) forgot to cast on all my crits at the end Wink)
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

Re: Remove 'Greater Pact'
« Reply #1 on: 08/04/03 at 01:16:33 »
Quote Quote

Personally I don't use Greater Pact very often, but you have to admit, it was a stratagy that almosty worked to his advantage.  
 Would you have felt any better if there was no Pacifist there, a large party came and PK'd all your crits leaving you empty handed? or would this too be considdered an "abuse"?
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 08/04/03 at 02:09:55 »
Quote Quote

The spell is fine. Considering that the duration of it is really short I don't see how its really a problem. If it lasted as long as subdue, well, fine.. then it would need some alterations but honestly I think the spell is fine as it is.
IP Logged
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 08/04/03 at 04:49:26 »
Quote Quote

on 08/04/03 at 01:16:33, Dan wrote:
Would you have felt any better if there was no Pacifist there, a large party came and PK'd all your crits leaving you empty handed? or would this too be considdered an "abuse"?

The Pacifist possibly saved his life then?  Tongue
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 08/04/03 at 04:58:55 »
Quote Quote

Would have, as that wasnt an actual situation  Wink
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 08/04/03 at 09:16:35 »
Quote Quote

Despair,  
  You might want to re-read what I wrote.  Note the part saying... "...if there was no Pacifist there,..."
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 08/04/03 at 09:42:00 »
Quote Quote

hmm true_killa's party would not be able to kill insomnia. he needed all his clannies to kill me lol he's nothing on his own Cheesy

and well i can imagine this beeing annoying. but what about making it just impossible to cast greater pact at bosses instead of removing it from the game?
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 08/04/03 at 11:28:10 »
Quote Quote

what I meant in a sarcastic way the greater pact saved Eternyte from Tru_Killas party lol  

Maybe a spell to remove greater pact would be a nice addition to the game
IP Logged
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #8 on: 08/04/03 at 11:35:21 »
Quote Quote

on 08/04/03 at 02:09:55, Zylia wrote:
The spell is fine. Considering that the duration of it is really short I don't see how its really a problem. If it lasted as long as subdue, well, fine.. then it would need some alterations but honestly I think the spell is fine as it is.

Do you actually bother to read peoples posts? The spell obviously isn't fine as it is, otherwise most people in the game wouldn't be complaining because of people abusing it.  

You don't see how theres a problem? Well, if you actually read his post you'll see that there is in fact a big problem. Nobody should be able to stop a player from killing a boss, especially if they got it to mort.

A good way to solve this problem (imo anyway) would be to make it so they can't cast greater pact, subdue or lesser pact on a boss square.

Edit: Unless its on themselves.
IP Logged
Frankmaster

Northkeep's Last Warrior

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 08/04/03 at 17:07:04 »
Quote Quote

Let me tell you a story that is, in some parts, true:

I logged on my fighter and was in Arilin. I wanted to get to Nightmist so I went south, but at the crossroads some Druid cast Grasping Vines on me, and then his alts reamed me with normal attacks and spells.

I resurrected in Blackthorn, where I met a friend who was waiting in the pub for someone. He asked if I wanted to help him kill a boss, I said yes and so we partied up. stocked up, then left.

When we had got to the boss we obviously attacked it, and we had it down to moderately wounded when out of nowhere someone assassinated me.

From this experience, these are my complaints:
1) Druids and Mages shouldn't be able to cast spells

2) Players shouldn't be able to attack

3) Thieves shouldn't be able to assassinate or go covert

These are both as valid (if not more so) as the complaints about Greater Pact and as stupid. The spell Greater Pact does not leave you vulnerable like Grasping Vines. It does not harm you like attacks or most spells. It does not surprise you (unless you're stupid) like someone attacking from invis/covert. This is an enormously stupid complaint which only goes to show how unbalanced the game must have been that you think that the minor inconvenience of being unable to attack or be attacked for 30 seconds is abuse
IP Logged
Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 08/04/03 at 17:12:56 »
Quote Quote

on 08/04/03 at 17:07:04, Frankmaster wrote:
1) Druids and Mages shouldn't be able to cast spells

2) Players shouldn't be able to attack

3) Thieves shouldn't be able to assassinate or go covert

1) Mages are 99.9% Magic Users, and they would be useless without Magic because of low HP and such.

2) How would people train? Get to level 30? That is the point of the game, correct?

3) So a thief shouldn't be able to hide. So they steal things right out in the open. How much pot were you smoking??

You're post was just flat out retarded. The classes are good right now, leave them be.
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #11 on: 08/04/03 at 18:16:36 »
Quote Quote

Frankie, you have a chance to fight back in all those situations, when a pacifist casts greater pact on you though, you have no chance. Get the point now?
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 08/04/03 at 18:41:37 »
Quote Quote

on 08/04/03 at 17:12:56, Depressive State wrote:

1) Mages are 99.9% Magic Users, and they would be useless without Magic because of low HP and such.

2) How would people train? Get to level 30? That is the point of the game, correct?

3) So a thief shouldn't be able to hide. So they steal things right out in the open. How much pot were you smoking??

You're post was just flat out retarded. The classes are good right now, leave them be.

just wondering who's the retard him, or you for taking what he said serious.
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 08/04/03 at 19:52:40 »
Quote Quote

Jurian, when you can learn how to spell and punctuate, let me know.
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 08/04/03 at 20:47:31 »
Quote Quote

on 08/04/03 at 19:52:40, Phenom wrote:

Jurian made a good point though the guy was being sarcastic . . . you should learn when to take things serious  Tongue
IP Logged
Metatron
Northern_Ireland 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 08/04/03 at 20:52:08 »
Quote Quote

on 08/04/03 at 19:52:40, Phenom wrote:

hes doing a pretty good job seeing as his native language is dutch
IP Logged

With ambitious aim against the throne and monarchy of God rais'd impious war in hev'n battle proud
~John Milton
Zylia
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: 08/04/03 at 22:09:39 »
Quote Quote

on 08/04/03 at 17:07:04, Frankmaster wrote:
This is an enormously stupid complaint which only goes to show how unbalanced the game must have been that you think that the minor inconvenience of being unable to attack or be attacked for 30 seconds is abuse

That in bold was my point.

Yes people are complaining about it, but seriously, if you can't attack for 30 seconds.. that really -really- hurts you.. doesn't it?  Roll Eyes It's not like it makes you vulnerable while you are unable to attack back. You aren't helpless with it on. It just stops someone from attacking. A pacifist is against violence. Why should you take away a spell that provokes a non-violent atmosphere? If it lasted a few minutes I would be on here complaining as well, but it lasts for 30 seconds max. Is it really that bad?
IP Logged
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #17 on: 08/04/03 at 22:19:06 »
Quote Quote

ffs, WHEN IT STOPS YOU FROM KILLING A BOSS YOU SPENT TIME ON KILLING THEN YES IT IS BAD! The only reason you see no problem with it is because its never happened to you. Personally I can't wait till it does, then I can laugh at you when you go to whine and cry about it on the forum.

Edit: Just thought I'd mention that this hasn't happened to me before, so you can't say I'm whining or crying about it.
IP Logged
Zylia
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: 08/04/03 at 22:32:18 »
Quote Quote

on 08/04/03 at 22:19:06, Mephistroth wrote:
ffs, WHEN IT STOPS YOU FROM KILLING A BOSS YOU SPENT TIME ON KILLING THEN YES IT IS BAD!

There are numerous other factors that could stop you from killing a boss. I've spent time on a boss with a couple friends until it was at mort, then all of a sudden 6 groups show up and wipe you out. Go cry about it.

IP Logged
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: 08/04/03 at 22:34:39 »
Quote Quote

That's better than being disabled and watch them kill it in front of your face and laugh about it.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.