Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Remove 'Greater Pact' »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 18:18:54

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Pacifist Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Remove 'Greater Pact'
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Remove 'Greater Pact'  (Read 1549 times)
Drac

Who ate me lucky charms!? >.<!

Dracoden86
View Profile

Re: Remove 'Greater Pact'
« Reply #20 on: 08/04/03 at 22:36:16 »
Quote Quote

LoL me and zylia arent the victims of greater pact...

We are one of the ones who, so some of you say, 'abuse' it.  

Its not really abuse tho.. bc since it lasts for such a short period of time, its really hard to time the right time to cast it.

scenario: we come to the crystal giant and there are about 10 ppl there. How on earth would we be able to pacify such a large party long enough to kill the crystal giant? Even after its mort, it takes about another 10-15 minutes to kill! it would take some good timing and a hella lotta luck to pacify them all at just the right time.

sure pacifists hurt a small party at a few small bosses, but one pacifist alone isnt enough to eliminate all chances against a large party or a main boss Tongue it would take the cooperation of several pacifists to pull such a feat off.. and you have to admit, finding that many ppl to work for nothin would be hard Tongue (pacifists have no chance to kill and get the drop)
IP Logged

If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday then how come nothing is free yet? Tongue
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: 08/04/03 at 22:47:36 »
Quote Quote

Well, if there's an expert Pacifist, it would take only 3 rounds to cast Greater Pact on these ten people you speak of. Meanwhile, your cohort can have a party ready to go to the CG and kill it. Seeing as there are two of you who share, it doesn't seem quite as hard as you make it sound.
IP Logged

Drac

Dracoden86
View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 08/04/03 at 23:02:17 »
Quote Quote

yes, kasumi, but by the time i finished casting it on everyone, the first ppl i had casted it on would have started to wear off. There would be a very small time frame all of them would be under the effect of greater pact, if at all. Plus do you realize how much mana it would consume to keep continually casting greater pact on 10 characters for 15 minutes? It is unrealistic to attempt to eliminate all chance of such a large party getting the kill with just a single pacifist Tongue
IP Logged

If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday then how come nothing is free yet? Tongue
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 08/07/03 at 11:21:36 »
Quote Quote

on 08/04/03 at 01:16:33, Dan wrote:
Personally I don't use Greater Pact very often, but you have to admit, it was a stratagy that almosty worked to his advantage.  
 Would you have felt any better if there was no Pacifist there, a large party came and PK'd all your crits leaving you empty handed? or would this too be considdered an "abuse"?

My point was that Pandilex so proudly tells us all about pacifists being a 'single' class. They aren't supposed to interfere with your other alts in any ways (not even giving gold and items). It's quite obvious to everyone then that most people use them to help their mortal crits, and therefore abusing the class. Am I that stupid just because I want this bs fixed?

And to your question - yes, I'd rather see someone running in with a big party starting to attack me. Then at least I've got a chance of defending myself/hitting the boss. At least I get a chance of actually playing the game..
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 08/07/03 at 11:29:15 »
Quote Quote

on 08/04/03 at 23:02:17, Drac wrote:
yes, kasumi, but by the time i finished casting it on everyone, the first ppl i had casted it on would have started to wear off. There would be a very small time frame all of them would be under the effect of greater pact, if at all. Plus do you realize how much mana it would consume to keep continually casting greater pact on 10 characters for 15 minutes? It is unrealistic to attempt to eliminate all chance of such a large party getting the kill with just a single pacifist Tongue

What about at a boss like the General? It usually doesn't take many minutes from mort until it's dead. And when the spell starts wearing off on those who you started casting on - guess what, you'd have gotten your stamina back and being able to cast it again. Not to hard to do that for a minute or two, is it?

However, it doesn't really matter to me. The point of this thread is that people abuse the pacifists' roles as single characters. I haven't seen too many people using their spells as they're meant to; to 'bring peace' among all those bloodthirsty pkers. Instead they're used to cast on people from the enemy clan, preventing them from hitting anyone (->preventing them from playing the god d**n game<-)
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Drac

Dracoden86
View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 08/07/03 at 14:15:59 »
Quote Quote

at a boss like the general theres so many ppl there itd be impossible to cast gp on everyone Tongue the general is popular and easy to get to.. everyone and their gramma goes there
IP Logged

Drac

Dracoden86
View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 08/07/03 at 14:16:50 »
Quote Quote

I suggest that all of you should stop whining about the latest additions to the game and instead, use them to your advantage Tongue
IP Logged

Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #27 on: 08/07/03 at 14:31:18 »
Quote Quote

I don't go low enough to steal peoples boss kills, especially after they've put a lot of effort into it.
IP Logged
Drac

Dracoden86
View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 08/07/03 at 17:58:41 »
Quote Quote

neither do i.. unless theyre special.
IP Logged

alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #29 on: 08/08/03 at 15:55:52 »
Quote Quote

on 08/04/03 at 19:52:40, Phenom wrote:
Jurian, when you can learn how to spell and punctuate, let me know.

When you can speak Dutch perfectly, then go complain to Jurian about his English.
IP Logged

Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 08/09/03 at 00:37:02 »
Quote Quote

Oh and guess what. Vince was at CG for about an hour and a half, had it to mort. Guess what again? Creme de la Creme comes in with a pacifist and 10 rangers, killing it. Great addition Simon, but please remove it all now? It's just screwing the whole game up.

And no, I ain't mad just cause I didn't get it, I would have dropped it anyways. Just gay that someone who's worked extremely hard for 90 minutes gets robbed without being able to do nuts, only because of this 'neutral single class'.
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

« Reply #31 on: 08/09/03 at 00:46:14 »
Quote Quote

on 08/09/03 at 00:37:02, Insomnia wrote:
Oh and guess what. Vince was at CG for about an hour and a half, had it to mort. Guess what again? Creme de la Creme comes in with a pacifist and 10 rangers, killing it. Great addition Simon, but please remove it all now? It's just screwing the whole game up.

I was told that Will snuck in for about 30 seconds and snagged the kill.  Lips Sealed All I know is Creme did not get the cg kill.

Edit: Will gave Vince the CR anyways, btw.
« Last Edit: 08/09/03 at 01:20:41 by Zylia » IP Logged
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 08/09/03 at 01:41:47 »
Quote Quote

Does it matter? Was lucky that Will got drop and not Creme... but does it really matter?
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 08/09/03 at 01:56:42 »
Quote Quote

how did he get robbed then if CDLC didn't get the kill and he got given the CR anyway?
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 08/09/03 at 16:17:11 »
Quote Quote

Obviously this is not abuse or pandilex would have changed it already, the fact that it hasnt been changed proves it Is not abuse.

IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #35 on: 08/09/03 at 17:18:17 »
Quote Quote

ahh, **** you.
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: 08/09/03 at 23:16:44 »
Quote Quote

Only because Im right  

*that statement is subject to change*
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
walker

There's no pic for a reason....

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 08/10/03 at 05:36:29 »
Quote Quote

just like the quotes weve all heard before "magic isnt good or evil, its the mage who uses it" greater pact isnt at fault its the players using it to steal boss kills if you remove anything remove the players not the spell
IP Logged

Protection of Earth,
Power of Fire,
Force of Wind,
Gentleness of Water,
Speed of Thunder,
Hope of Light,
Despair of Darkness.
These are the Elemental Attributes
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.