Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Boss monsters respawn »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/29/24 at 17:39:55

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Boss monsters respawn
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Boss monsters respawn  (Read 1819 times)
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

Boss monsters respawn
« on: 02/02/03 at 02:23:13 »
Quote Quote

OK well I think that since things like the demonic general respawn 1/day it is kinda unfair. In my opinion. Every time I have gone to the barracks (quite a few I have a bro looking for a hally but is broke) I have not found a General I mean if the soldiers had no general every why do they stay in the barracks? The respawn should be more like every 6hrs not 24 cause even tiome zones have to be considered the people up at midnight on nm game time  will then go get the boss and leave us people who r sleeping to wait for tommorrow where we find that those other timezoners have gone and got it again. Then they offer to sell it to us and hey look at that FOR HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY the only way to get good items is to be rich and now to be rich you have to sell crits or get good items and look if the 3 alt limit thingy I am hearing about happens not many people will be buying crits and still item will go for huge money. OH yeah one more way to make good money PK well I am an ardent anti-pker so my opinion is that the monster should respawn more like every 6 hr not 24.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Kharybdis
USA 

DeludedMindGame
View Profile

Re: Boss monsters respawn
« Reply #1 on: 02/02/03 at 06:05:59 »
Quote Quote

80k-ish isn't a "huge amount of money"...  it's considerable, but nowhere near what some pieces of equipment go for.  

Anyway...  if the respawn rate is set to every six hours, there'll probably still be someone that gets the general before you.  Keep trying, maybe you'll get lucky sometime.

One other thing: you don't have to kill to make money.  You can steal (with a thief, not by gaining access to someone's account), sell crits, buy items then sell then for more than you bought them for, or just go around picking up items you see on the ground and then sell them in shops (fairy dust, short swords, etc).
IP Logged
Kalel
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 02/02/03 at 07:31:45 »
Quote Quote

Heres one for you... you see people join the mosh and leave a min latter? well this is becuse... oops nvm
IP Logged

http://www.venom-gaming.com
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/02/03 at 15:50:34 »
Quote Quote

That is why the respawn rate should be RANDOM

For a 1-a-day boss, it should be between 12 hours and 36 hours, therefore people dont have the unrealistic advantage of knowing when the boss will re spawn (ive never seen the SK or the CG in all the times ive been to their spawn point)
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/02/03 at 20:36:33 »
Quote Quote

No one understands me I am saying that I do not wanna steal from other players and I without killing boss monsters or other people cannot make money and also with this alt limit thingy I would not wanna buy a crit so HOW should you make money?
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Cyric

the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue...

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: 02/02/03 at 23:07:17 »
Quote Quote

Play a thief/fighter (or other low maintenance char) to make gold - supporting a mage is expensive (I'm guessing that's part of your problem).  Make frequent trips to the bank and save up.  Keep and sell things.  Be patient; takes time...
IP Logged

Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, and known to some as "the Mad God."
Fyxie
USA 

Nightmare, conspiracy, depression and lunacy

stumbleine+XxX
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 02/02/03 at 23:11:14 »
Quote Quote

on 02/02/03 at 20:36:33, Silverwizard wrote:
No one understands me I am saying that I do not wanna steal from other players and I without killing boss monsters or other people cannot make money and also with this alt limit thingy I would not wanna buy a crit so HOW should you make money?

I can make 50k in about 2 hours easy. And thats without using a thief. It's called find a good place to train.
IP Logged

Fyxie, Deviant, Vashalia, Stumbleine, Twink, Modulation, Elena, Pisces, Faygo, Adore, Starla, Autopsy, Dyna, Porcelina, Diao_Chan
Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 02/03/03 at 04:35:06 »
Quote Quote

Get a fighter and level it until it can use a Pike. Once it can, kill small snakes/orcs. When I was first starting out, thats how I made most of my money.  
Mages = mana/money leeches.

Another thing.. The 6hr spawn time. If you did that, the price would drop dramatically. Yes you have to pay the money for the Halberd, but if you really think about it how many people in the game own Halberds? If the number of Halberds increased more, they would become as common as Centipede Gloves. There are various ways to make money in Nightmist, and selling this item is still worthwhile.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/03/03 at 04:44:12 »
Quote Quote

I'm an Australian with good crits, good equips, hell, I even have a hermes. I'm totally out of any convienient time zone, can't even be around for triplex or weekly major mosh, yet I still seem to be sitting in my own little niché of comfort. What it all really comes down to, is how much you want the item. People in nightmist these days are too lazy to get their hands dirty. To improve, you have to leave the tavern, you have to risk dying, you have to take risks.

The only growing trend I AM against, is the lynch the boss monster theme. Most, if not all the bosses in the game are LETS GET 4509674560987 LEVEL 30'S IN THE GAME TO STAND A CHANCE OF BEATING IT! THIS
is what stops alot of players from attaining status and or worthwhile items. A grid needs to be introduced that limits the number of players allowed on a grid at one time, so we can bring back the bosses that you and some pals could nail without it being totally hideously impossible, nor a casual walk in the park.

Whilst I am very much against what this child is striving for, someone mentioned soimething about a variable respawn. 24 to 36 hour variable respawn would be funky and eliminate boss domination.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Zylia
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: 02/03/03 at 05:03:42 »
Quote Quote

You gotta hate it when you and your clannies get a boss to moderate and then 8-12 archmasters 'arrive from the south'...
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/03/03 at 14:07:55 »
Quote Quote

I am just saying that the Stupid monster cannot be found, I have gone to the Barracks as many times as you have said there were archies on the screen and every time I make to the general's space almost and every time he is gone is that fair??
IP Logged

alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 02/03/03 at 15:50:34 »
Quote Quote

I was there once when the General was there.. But after about 10seconds of attacking him, and staying as silent as possible.. They killed me off. I think they were slacking that day.

Just a random idea.. Couldn't the boss square be set so, the people that are on it when he dies one day, can't return again until it's been killed for another time? I know it wouldn't be put in, but it'd restricted the same people from getting it every time.
IP Logged

newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/03/03 at 20:03:07 »
Quote Quote

Heh, I was just going to suggest that boss spawn times should be random. Yesterday I was beating up guard spiders with my fighter and cleric and I though, what the hell, i'll see if SK is there. To my extreme surprise, it was. I asked my friends to throw some mana in there for me and someone organized a party for some clannies to come. But then Gus showed up and he was cool with me and my cleric, but not my clannies with their like 6 crits Sad. So I had to go and as soon as I left, my clannies got slaughtered Sad. So it was cool for me because it was random, but gus had his boss spawn times down which makes it hard for the little guys ie me and my clannies. Random boss spawn times would be awesome and as Deval said, would eliminate the boss domination. But i'm sure TR would think up some nifty way of getting around that and still dominating the bosses /sigh. Oh well, I guess i'll just have to feel like a bad chairman and never be able to take my clannies on quests or get those nice shiny sgs i've always wanted. (I don't have a pair to my name.).

~Newb

P.S. I don't think I typed this out too well
IP Logged

heh
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: 02/03/03 at 20:13:33 »
Quote Quote

Bring it back old style.  Have them spawn like every 30 min/1 hour and just have drop %'s,
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Zylia
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: 02/03/03 at 23:34:04 »
Quote Quote

Then wouldn't they just come back more often? Maybe they'd get bored after a while.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #15 on: 02/04/03 at 00:41:32 »
Quote Quote

Its for all of you who claim to never have a chance at the boss while still maintaining the item's value.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Zylia
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: 02/04/03 at 01:03:35 »
Quote Quote

Even if people do get there first, most players don't have a shot at the drop. At least not for the items truly worthwhile aquiring. Most can get the boss to slight or somewhere near that before their party is usually crashed. (Ex: CG, Gen, SK) Randomizing the times that they respawn might give the people who actually discover the boss a slight advantage over those who have the time written down beside them.
IP Logged
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: 02/04/03 at 01:14:57 »
Quote Quote

boss times will be placed more randomly soon
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 02/04/03 at 14:45:17 »
Quote Quote

that gets a BIG  Grin THUMBS UP!!!  Grin from me...

...its about time too.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 02/04/03 at 22:27:57 »
Quote Quote

Random is the way to go Smiley

id say new drop time = old drop time + or - 50%
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.