Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Class »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/29/24 at 17:36:28

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   New Class
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Class  (Read 1777 times)
Huma_Dragonbane

Email

New Class
« on: 12/22/02 at 01:09:18 »
Quote Quote

We should have a Knight as a new class. where its like a pally and fighter with its own healing spells and attack spells. its weapon of chose it sword.
IP Logged
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

Re: New Class
« Reply #1 on: 12/22/02 at 01:23:35 »
Quote Quote

?huh?  

not really getting the point here....perhaps if u explained a bit more.  
 pally's are already a mix between a fighter and a cleric...so how exactly do you mix a fighter with a cleric and another fighter? does he have split personaliteis and talk to himself?

however, i could see something along the lines of a fallen palladin/undead knight.....a sevant of evil....extremely powerful but incapable of being healed except by death or waiting to recharge(which to make things a lil more balanced for it should be at a much faster rate than normal/living characters)...or perhaps a necromancer could heal them if they were brought back....hint hint.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
Huma_Dragonbane

Email

« Reply #2 on: 12/22/02 at 01:34:55 »
Quote Quote

thats along the lines that i meant but yea that would be cool.
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: 12/24/02 at 21:06:24 »
Quote Quote

knights don't exist anymore.  They got rid of barbs and knights and put fighters instead.  Although I do agree that there should be a sword wielding class by higher level standards.  Bring back the sos and undead sword!
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
MoonDragon

Email

« Reply #4 on: 12/25/02 at 03:27:00 »
Quote Quote

Necros dont heal, theyre controllers of the undead :/
IP Logged
Daemon

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 12/25/02 at 03:51:52 »
Quote Quote

I beg to differ... A necro DOES heal it just has a different method to go about healing...
IP Logged

~~magician_kitty~~
MoonDragon

Email

« Reply #6 on: 12/26/02 at 02:29:49 »
Quote Quote

Argh, screw you people that play to many RPG's and think theyre based off of real life facts.
IP Logged
Halor

Halor

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 12/26/02 at 02:41:54 »
Quote Quote

Half Healer, Half Fighter? You just described a pally. Cleric is a pure healer with small fighting potential, pally is a small healer with a larger fighting potential. No need for another pally class.
IP Logged
Daemon

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 12/26/02 at 06:40:54 »
Quote Quote

on 12/26/02 at 02:29:49, MoonDragon wrote:
Argh, screw you people that play to many RPG's and think theyre based off of real life facts.

Lmao... who said anything like that?
IP Logged

~~magician_kitty~~
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 12/29/02 at 16:08:36 »
Quote Quote

MAN, for the LAST TIME; NECROS DONT HEAL. THEY CAN BE HEALED CUS THEY ARE NOT UNDEAD. AND TO GET HEALED/REGAIN MANA THEY NORMALLY HAVE UNDEAD ABSORPTION SPELLS. ONE UNDEAD IN YOR PARTY IS KILLED AND A PERCENTAGE OF HIS HEALTH GOES TO YOUR LIFE/MANA.

Srry, got Caps Lock on  Grin.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Nytemare

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/27/03 at 16:45:53 »
Quote Quote

Really no use for a new class now that we have the beserker. Besides, you can just pretend your fighter is a knight. No difference besides that fighters cant heal!
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #11 on: 02/27/03 at 16:55:35 »
Quote Quote

I personally don't understand why, or how the Knight would have the ability to heal himself, weren't they mainly tought to battle? If Knights were to come back, i think they should be able to get more armor then all the other classes, and hit stronger, but do to their large heavy swords and armor, they would have terrible dex.
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 02/27/03 at 19:41:01 »
Quote Quote

Old thread...anyway as I stated fighters are what knights were basically.  And since another power class has been created (beserkers) then one more is definately not necessary.  Necro power! Smiley
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 02/27/03 at 22:23:27 »
Quote Quote

GIVE US THE NECRO! POWER TO THE NECRO!

I think I'm gonna kick the Caps Lock outta my keyboard.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #14 on: 02/27/03 at 23:13:01 »
Quote Quote

Can someone enlighten me on Necromancers and their abilities?
IP Logged
Catastrophe

Email

« Reply #15 on: 02/28/03 at 08:04:29 »
Quote Quote

Stuff like evil Spells, Summon Dead and crap, i cant remember the spells from the old game, necro's we're cool tho.
IP Logged
Prophet
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 02/28/03 at 17:55:34 »
Quote Quote

I remember spell Vortex blast and that is about it .
IP Logged

www.nightmist-can-die.com - go go go!
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 03/01/03 at 19:32:49 »
Quote Quote

Hmmm another good spell caster I love it.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 03/03/03 at 14:00:49 »
Quote Quote

yeh id like to see necromancer come back.....but i had a thought.....a lich class might be even cooler.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 03/03/03 at 14:14:33 »
Quote Quote

Necromancers From what I remember:
Ressurect Dead: brings back the person last killed on the square. Fun for pking someone many times over...lol, high mana cost though.

Combustion: Kills yourself outright, dont know if it took exp of yourself. I think it divides your total hp when spell is casted between all players on the square. i.e. 200hp when casted, 1 person on square = 200 dmg to them, 2 players = 100 dmg each etc.

Devastate: 50 dmg to everyone on the square, whether invis'd, covert or otherwise. Never fizzles, never misses, never gets resisted.

Then you had various spells like, Vortex something (blast doesnt sound right). Parrallel Blast. Kinda like blast and beam for mages atm.

Death Wave: 500 dmg per casting, 50% fizzle rate. Huge mana costing.

They could also use normal wepons, to a great usage. Not soo good as fighters, but somewhere of that of pally's.

They couldnt heal then, but if they are allowed to heal, they should only be able to heal themselves, or Undead/Evil things.

I think they had a monster summoning spell, only Evil monster, that would attack for them, and not hit nopk'd allies or party members.

All these spells would have to be modded to the game. i.e. death wave, 200 dmg with 50% fizzle etc. as to balance things.

Would like to see Necro's, but would want more balancing dont first. If possible.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.