Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Boss monsters respawn »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/29/24 at 17:54:38

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Boss monsters respawn
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Boss monsters respawn  (Read 1821 times)
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

Re: Boss monsters respawn
« Reply #20 on: 02/05/03 at 01:32:21 »
Quote Quote

Thank you JLH YAY finally I will be able to get an item from a boss.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Face_The_Fact

imr0naldmcd0nald
View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 02/06/03 at 03:30:17 »
Quote Quote

yay, now i have a chance at killing the demonic general. but now i would be a little afraid to use a thorn key, on the basis it might not respawn when i use the key, and its only a one time use key *maybe you can make keys stay if theres no boss in a room where a key is used* anyways besides that tiny problem, i love how bosses will respawn randomly.
IP Logged

Oh! The beautiful pills.
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 02/10/03 at 15:34:01 »
Quote Quote

my god you gotta find somethin to complain about....keys...pfft. you cant have your cake and eat it too. then again i could step into your shoes for a second. why the hell would you want the cake if you cant eat it?
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Kharybdis
USA 

DeludedMindGame
View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 02/10/03 at 22:16:39 »
Quote Quote

If you use a key to open a door and there's nothing on the other side, that doesn't change the fact that you used the key.
IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 02/14/03 at 23:07:57 »
Quote Quote

on 02/10/03 at 22:16:39, Kharybdis wrote:
If you use a key to open a door and there's nothing on the other side, that doesn't change the fact that you used the key.

OTOH the locksmiths in NM must be awful craftsmen if their keys break every time you open a door with them...
IP Logged
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 02/16/03 at 11:11:46 »
Quote Quote

Having bosses spawn every so often would only work if the bosses had drop rates such as the Spider Queen Elshira. The experience from bosses would also have to be reduced to prevent people from just training off bosses.

The random spawning is an excellent idea. This way people in different time zones will get more of a chance.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Inuyasha

~Baker~

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 02/17/03 at 15:09:52 »
Quote Quote

Man is JLH one smart guy or wat Cheesy more boss chances/drops for meeeee

~Baker~
IP Logged
Kazul
USA 

Don't speak, just let people assume your dumb.

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 02/17/03 at 18:57:01 »
Quote Quote

jen is right about that, if you make bosses spawn hourly, you have to lower the exp they give, as well as the drop rate.  I know from personal experience that you can get 5mill a ranger just in cg every day if you're there from start to finish.  If someone went there 5-6 times a day, that'd be 30mill exp a day roughly.  Making it far to easy to train rangers.  Thats mostly all I use, but I don't want the game tilted in my favorite classes favor any more than it is now.  

In close, * Kazul GIVES JLH AN INTHUSIASTIC 2 THUMBS UP ON THE RANDOM SPAWN TIMES!
IP Logged

If you can't think of anything truly worth saying, you'd be just like the othere 99.9% of the population.
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 02/18/03 at 04:12:27 »
Quote Quote

The idea was that the spawn time is made random, but over a period of say 1 week the boss would spawn on average the same number of times that it does now
IP Logged
Clu

Bring it!

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 03/05/03 at 16:50:34 »
Quote Quote

Silverwizard just becuz of randow times doesnt mean ur gonna get the hally. Now archs and other high lvls will still come more frequently. Just not near as many  Smiley
IP Logged

The endless pain in your thoughts.

Faint / Holyman ingame!
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 03/06/03 at 01:48:34 »
Quote Quote

I said can that means it is possible  Grin Cheesy Wink.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.