Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Rankings »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/16/24 at 15:59:49

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Rankings
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rankings  (Read 623 times)
Bullitt

Email

Rankings
« on: 02/10/03 at 01:07:02 »
Quote Quote

Its been said before but I don’t see the point of the rankings when gold has such a high influence on it. My level 23 druid is currently ranked as the number 1 druid simply through a bank balance which isn’t even that amazing by current Nightmist standards, that is just wrong. If I’m correct Maximus has 1 billion exp, now in my opinion that crit should be the number 1 ranked crit no matter how much gold anyone has. I think it should be adjusted to at least 1/10 the weight it currently holds, if not 1/100.
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

Re: Rankings
« Reply #1 on: 02/10/03 at 02:49:36 »
Quote Quote

Most games don't even have a ranking system.  Feel lucky.  And trust me the ranking system used to be a lot worse.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/10/03 at 03:04:44 »
Quote Quote

Exp does help though.. has to. Jasper is ranked I believe 4th in Exp last I checked.. and currently 19th in her class when she has about 10k on her.
IP Logged

»*^¤·º×~° Ghêttø Qüêèñ °~׺¤·^*«
Cyric

the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue...

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/10/03 at 03:33:29 »
Quote Quote

Also, if you've been PK'd a lot, your rank suffers.  Other things may also contribute - though I can't think of any off the top of my head...
IP Logged

Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, and known to some as "the Mad God."
Havanor
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

floating+duckie
View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 02/10/03 at 06:37:44 »
Quote Quote

Getting PKed hurts you as it lowers your rank due to exp loss. The worst blow to your rank, however, is from monster kills. You lose a point per monster kill as well as the exp loss, adding insult to injury. Or just injury to more injury.
IP Logged

"I'm not evil, I have the heart of a child--in a jar, on my desk." *chuckles*
-Stephen King
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: 02/10/03 at 15:22:22 »
Quote Quote

it's roughly (weightings not included)
bank+xp+level+armor+weapon base+hp+mana-deaths by players

a monster killing you has no effect on your rank except the xp loss.
the bank has a bigger effect than having more xp (like 500m instead of 250m) because having more xp at this moment in time makes no difference to your character power, whereas having more gold potentially gives you more power by what you can buy with it.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/10/03 at 18:45:04 »
Quote Quote

When you say it like that I guess it does make some sense. So monster kills don’t have a negative effect on your rank? I was wandering because if they did the players with 40k kills surely would never sustain high ranks no matter how much gold they have…
IP Logged
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/10/03 at 22:39:30 »
Quote Quote

I see where your coming with the experience here, and I think that is important, but I think gold is just as important. In general I think the ranking system is just fine as it is.
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/11/03 at 00:49:19 »
Quote Quote

Well since I do not care about rank and just sit there having fun (right now too much of that is on the forum my mage has nowhere to train...) I do not even know what my rank is but I think it would be bad cause I donate like all my gold to my clan. (GIVE ME MONEY GIVE ME MONEY I AM A TELEMARKETER LIKE PERSON GIVE ME MONEY)
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
the Kiheitai

We're headstrong to take on anyone

weaselking123   weaselking123
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 02/24/03 at 03:42:07 »
Quote Quote

So does the amount of Player Kills you have effect or? Or is it just deaths by players. Or else I don't see the point in even ranking player kills if it has no impact on your character.
IP Logged

the Kiheitai: proud members of DRACO HONORIS...Represent
Xaviers_Shadow

You Be Dead!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 03/05/03 at 14:16:44 »
Quote Quote

does your stats have any effect on your crit points?

and i also want to know if PK's effect your crit points.
IP Logged

Hate and Greed is what rules this world and i want my unfair share
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 03/05/03 at 18:02:20 »
Quote Quote

no
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 03/05/03 at 18:57:09 »
Quote Quote

wouldn't a crit with with lots of pk's and hardly any deaths be the best crit? if you have 1000 pk's and 1 death that could mean 2 things.

you killed one of your alts alot
or
this crit is really good.

maybe make it that pk's do count but if a certain crit is killed more often then let's say 10 times an hour every pk more then 10 doesn't count?
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Lyandor

Email

« Reply #13 on: 03/05/03 at 20:34:56 »
Quote Quote

on 02/10/03 at 01:07:02, Bullitt wrote:
Its been said before but I don’t see the point of the rankings when gold has such a high influence on it. My level 23 druid is currently ranked as the number 1 druid simply through a bank balance which isn’t even that amazing by current Nightmist standards, that is just wrong. If I’m correct Maximus has 1 billion exp, now in my opinion that crit should be the number 1 ranked crit no matter how much gold anyone has. I think it should be adjusted to at least 1/10 the weight it currently holds, if not 1/100.

Who was your druid? Ranked first atm is Jango, and before that I was ranked first with my level 16 druid.
IP Logged
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #14 on: 03/07/03 at 20:14:31 »
Quote Quote

It was the druid I sold you, previously Animal_Mother. Had about a mil on him for a week or so, making him tops.
IP Logged
Lyandor

Email

« Reply #15 on: 03/07/03 at 20:18:28 »
Quote Quote

Ahh, I had 3 mill gold on mine lol.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.