Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Killing Noobs »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/12/24 at 15:56:03

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Killing Noobs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Killing Noobs  (Read 2573 times)
Id

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Killing Noobs
« Reply #60 on: 01/17/04 at 23:12:43 »
Quote Quote

just a comment...With the amount of people using an army of alts, this is no longer a rpg but rather a strategy game.  People don't even bother with the game play and getting into character anymore.  All they care about is power, the ability to decimate the enemy fast...
   What happened to the old study-your-target and the making-plan(s)-to-your-crit-more-efficiently ?  Nowadays people don't even bother with that, they just use more and more crits.  The 'spirit' of this rpg game changed.  Players turn into lazy snobs.  Ok, calling players lazy snobs might be offensive, BUT all they want is power without having to makings any plans and/or improving their skill (this had been proven by the amount of people clicking themself on pacifist then whine about it.  Why? Because they're too lazy that's why! They are so lazy that they did not even bother with studying the target before attack.  They didn't even look over or doing a /who <target>.  This is simply because they are so used to having so many crit and not bothering with who or what they're attacking -which they should-).  How can a player improve their skill/getting into character by playing a bunch of different crits rather than just one?
    Some of you might whine: "How are we supposed to pk 8 crit when we only have 1?...blah blah blah"  Well, that's the point!  One single player isn't meanth to kill 8 other players!  Unless that single player is really powerful.  Which mean that player had to take every aspects of the game into plan before the first strike.  Who's the healer? Any monster around? What level are the targets? Do they have enough pot? When would be the best time to strike? Which way to escape if the attack fail?! These are what rpging all about.  Through the process, players become experienced.  Some more than others.  No, the crit they play does not becoming more powerful, but it's the way they play it!
     I see players walking around calling other noobs based on the low level character and/or how the little number of  areas that player know.  Well, being an expert does not come falling from the sky, or by knowing all the maps or owning all the powerful items or owning a bunch of archies.  NO!  Being an expert means how well can that player Use the character properly.  How he/she can use the crit's advantage or disadvantage to survive around the game -then maybe a little pking too if he/she got the time-.  Littles things like knowing how to save 1 stam to run when getting hit by the other, more powerful, players...or waiting for the right time to strike when the target get hit by a monster (and forgot to heal ) ...or even hit and run...that's what separate a good player from a newb.  THAT is what turn a player into an expert no matter what kind of crit he/she owns or what level it is.
 Then there's the clan, joinning a clan means to help yourself and help other.  Now people can just log on a bunch of alts.  Then they use clan just to chat and discuss on how to buy new clan house by making new tax or just to show off on how they're in the #1 or even in the top 10 clans.  What make a good clan does not mean the size of the clan house (that only make the clan the richest clan) or the large number of player joined, but it's how well the members connect AND how well they use all the advantages provided by the number of players are on line  AND how to save the money to help others rather than to build a big castle as a clan house (which provides no special bonus on game play).  In short..how to become-one...sounded a bit far fetch - I know  Cheesy
---------Anyway, this went on a bit longer than I expected.  Hope I did not bored you----------------------------------
IP Logged

I told you we were facing the wrong way!
Don't underestimate the power of a dark clown.
-Trippin' the Rift-
Id

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #61 on: 01/17/04 at 23:15:33 »
Quote Quote

oh and last words:  Bring back the rpg fashion!! The power is in your hand, the players!!  Not in the staff so stop bothering them on making new changes or how to improve the game into your advantage.  

Uncover your eyes.  Stop being blinded by power.  Grin Grin

-Have a nice day-
IP Logged

I told you we were facing the wrong way!
Don't underestimate the power of a dark clown.
-Trippin' the Rift-
Dysphoria
Romania 

Yes sir,allways ready(Dysphoria in game)

View Profile

« Reply #62 on: 01/17/04 at 23:19:40 »
Quote Quote

thank you id.
i think nm was better when i first joined a few years ago
an achmaster ment something back then , and didn't die so fast...now they die like rabbits(clicked) Cry
i mostly blaim the rf from the clerics
« Last Edit: 01/17/04 at 23:38:22 by Dysphoria » IP Logged

Just dont Piss me of Cheesy
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #63 on: 01/18/04 at 20:30:09 »
Quote Quote

well didn't read all replies but hmm.

i was thinking about something why not just make it taht you can pk someone 10 lvl's below or above you but when the person is more then 10 lvls from you he/she just doesn't lose exp and items?  

or........... if you pk a perosn that's not within 10 lvls the pk'er loses exp and not the pk'ed person?

just thoughts Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Tienno
Great_Britain 

View Profile

« Reply #64 on: 01/19/04 at 12:14:41 »
Quote Quote

When i started this thread i really didnt realise it would cause this much response. Im sure the staff are using this dicussion productively.

Id just like to conclude my own thoughts

1) Some great suggestions in here
2) Pking lower levels but losing exp or hp i think is a good idea
3) Limiting alts i dont think will work. The game has done exactly what human nature would percieve it will do.......Evolve. Life isnt the same as before, it is harder people do hunt in packs and that should be a great credit to everyone involved for one reason alone. Their strive to be the best has made thos who were the best up their game and so on and so forth til we end up with characters who own 31 arches and have millions in the bank. To those i say well done they have grasped the game well and have proved that above all they have self preservation and have given themselves the best possible shot at anything that comes their way and this is probably why these people become staff ie Zephie, Harky etc etc.
4) Seperate servers i think is a bad idea as it creates more strain on JLH of a zero budget anyway. Plus he would need extra staff and more burden on chosing those who are capable of holding the position and running jlh and panilex's game for them in their absence.

The way forward is change........ all change is good, some may not seem it but in the end it creates for a shift in power usually to others who didnt shine before. That my friend is Evolution....... I say bring on the Revolution.

Heres another idea to throw around guys..........

How about another 5-10 levels?? A new Honor role ie expert master archmaster and maybe SenseiHuh

Have another goal to aim for and increase it that way, the thing it seems to me that these people have a problem is that they have nothing to strive for.

Maybe have a new skill when you reach Sensei...... Honor killings, Have the skill 'Honor Kill' which adds one stamina to your total and obviously causes more damage. eg My thief has 5 attacks if i had Honor Kill Id have 6x<chance to hit calculations as normal apply> which minus the armour etc as usualy would give usually a higher damage. However make it 20% longer recovery time so not to cause too much imbalance maybe?? or leave it the same to give Sensei's an edge.

Let me know what you think.

I still think being able to kill all levels toughens people up but maybe have it cannot attack till provoked like suggested.

Tienno
IP Logged

If two cents is all i have, that's all i'll give. If i have more to give, bet your own last dollar ill give it.
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #65 on: 01/20/04 at 02:55:41 »
Quote Quote

Someone mentioned that the only reason people are in clans these days is for clan chat. ::TRUE:: Clans when they were first introduced were designed in a way, that would allow players to congolmerate their abilities, in order to achieve a greater goal. In Nightmist these days, all you need is a handful of alts, and you have all the power, all the individual skills and abilities you require. Hell, on your own you can take out other entire clans if you feel like it, and that is just sh!t. I can't express the sh!tnss of it, I've even been reduced to getting around language filters due to the sh!tness of it. I am more than appreciative of Harkys, Eternytes, and a handful of others ideas. 1 alt limit for pk'ing? Hell yes! So there are problems, Harkster himself admitted, it. There are ways around such problems with appropraite discussion, with mediation by staff of these discussions. People protested a sister server due to the need to find staff for it. I know for a fact there would be LOADS of people who would apply for it, myself included. I want to test the individual strengths of my characters against others, not my ability to survive 18 clicks in succession, or test my ability against whoever can alt + tab and click the fastest. *UGH sh!tness!*

Why are there individual classes? Why are there individual races? Why do they have their own skills and abilities? Seriously. No seriously f'king ask yourself. Why do we have them? We don't need them, we have access to every single skill in the game with specified race and class anyway so who needs them? It doesn't make sense does it? Oh sweet mother of sh!tness.

Jesus Christ I can't get over the sh!tness.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Tienno
Great_Britain 

View Profile

« Reply #66 on: 01/20/04 at 11:17:48 »
Quote Quote

well someones pi$$ed! Classes i believe are there because its a multiracial world of fantasy where orcs etc co exist. Classes again are there because not everyone is the same. Skills are different and i agree there should be certain skills people cant do that they can at the moment but certain classes i dont think can be certain races but some alteration may be in need.

I know people are bored of this game and maybe because i dont play so much i dont get bored like you guys but personally i think the game is good and i like it. There is always something i strive for and something new as a goal i want to achieve.

I wont leave, i wont post im quitting, i wont slag off the game because i dont think its nutse. If things need changing then ill suggest the changes, i wont flame.......... maybe the game is designed for people like me in mind that take the game with a pinch of salt as a hobby not a way of life but who also think that they want the best outta the game......... I only want the best for JLH mainly and myself because its JLH who gets the hassle and me who wants to play it........ NOW PLAY NICELY or suggest things that would help others and not just create financial gain for yourselves people.

As for the sister server i disagree i personally think it will cause strain on JLH's machines even more plus if more people want a single alt server like the good old days then the vote should happen and if thats what the masses decide then the whole game should go to one character. Personally i dont think it needs it, if people log on ten alts and go round killin then sure as hell someone else will log on ten alts and pimp slap their as$ and even the score up. Life is a power struggle and a balancing out kinda thing and Nightmist is nothing different

Tienno

xxxxxxx

sorry another long post
IP Logged

If two cents is all i have, that's all i'll give. If i have more to give, bet your own last dollar ill give it.
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #67 on: 01/20/04 at 23:51:14 »
Quote Quote

I seriously don't mean any offence Tienno, but it appears to me that your a little out of touch with the game.

I once again URGE people to read my post, and seriously think about the questions I presented in my statement.

on 01/20/04 at 02:55:41, Deval wrote:
Someone mentioned that the only reason people are in clans these days is for clan chat. ::TRUE:: Clans when they were first introduced were designed in a way, that would allow players to congolmerate their abilities, in order to achieve a greater goal. In Nightmist these days, all you need is a handful of alts, and you have all the power, all the individual skills and abilities you require. Hell, on your own you can take out other entire clans if you feel like it, and that is just sh!t. I can't express the sh!tnss of it, I've even been reduced to getting around language filters due to the sh!tness of it. I am more than appreciative of Harkys, Eternytes, and a handful of others ideas. 1 alt limit for pk'ing? Hell yes! So there are problems, Harkster himself admitted, it. There are ways around such problems with appropraite discussion, with mediation by staff of these discussions. People protested a sister server due to the need to find staff for it. I know for a fact there would be LOADS of people who would apply for it, myself included. I want to test the individual strengths of my characters against others, not my ability to survive 18 clicks in succession, or test my ability against whoever can alt + tab and click the fastest. *UGH sh!tness!*

Why are there individual classes? Why are there individual races? Why do they have their own skills and abilities? Seriously. No seriously f'king ask yourself. Why do we have them? We don't need them, we have access to every single skill in the game with specified race and class anyway so who needs them? It doesn't make sense does it? Oh sweet mother of sh!tness.

Jesus Christ I can't get over the sh!tness.

In less vehement terms:

• Why do we have races with individual statistics, when we can log on a crit of every race anyway?

• Why do we have classes available to only certain races, when we can just log on a load of crits of every race that we need?

• Why do we have classes with individual skills, when we can log on any number of crits to access all the skills in the game?

• Why do we have clans, when our alts function as the way clans were initally intended to?

!!!!ASK YOURSELF - STAFF INCLUSIVE!!!!!

It's just not commonsense.
« Last Edit: 01/21/04 at 00:06:26 by Deval » IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.