Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Killing Noobs »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/13/24 at 08:11:29

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Killing Noobs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Killing Noobs  (Read 2575 times)
Tienno
Great_Britain 

View Profile

Killing Noobs
« on: 01/16/04 at 14:47:52 »
Quote Quote

What are the chances of going back to being able to kill people no matter what level?

The reason i think it is better, disagree if you like, is that it spurs people onto being smarter when levelling and it inspires to get to level 30 quicker and therefore increase game time etc........

If this is too unfair why not make it you can hit within 15 levels of you as i think people ahve become too complacent.......... in days of old would a blood thirsty berserker have taken pity on a trainee??

Lemme know what you think
IP Logged

If two cents is all i have, that's all i'll give. If i have more to give, bet your own last dollar ill give it.
Lich
Germany 

Death is but the beginning.

View Profile

Re: Killing Noobs
« Reply #1 on: 01/16/04 at 15:38:20 »
Quote Quote

personally i agree with you. When i started I remember running out of town and getting cremed by a lvl 30 at lvl 10. But i also agree with the reasons the had for making it so. when you allow people to kill all lvls. people simply hide in the areanas and never explore the world that has been made for them. they dont lvl any faster in fact they go slower because now they are stuck with half exp.
IP Logged

Grave digger when you dig my grave, will you make it shallow so I can feel the rain.
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 01/16/04 at 16:00:11 »
Quote Quote

I think maybe increasing the lvl that you can pk/be pked to 10 and leaving it at that.  Gives new players 10 levels to get to know the system, then they can start the realization that it is a pking world.
IP Logged
Harky
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 01/16/04 at 16:16:33 »
Quote Quote

I'd like to see something put into the game where people can't pk while having alts logged on - I don't expect this to go down very well with the majority of the players, but removing the level cap will just bring about large groups of level 30 alts slaughtering people that are fairly new to the game, which needless to say is retarded. It's also likely to deter people from playing, which I'd hope is the last thing any of you want. I can see the problem with events etc, if people must use alts for them - but maybe a new setting could be added to grid squares to allow people using alts to attack.

This may just be seen as a variation on the 'one alt limit', but it really isn't. People could still use multiple alts to help train their characters, and there would be no problem regarding switching equipment between characters - it would just stop people relying on alts for slaughtering innocents. Another problem would be if someone were to attack you while you're walking around with alts, but I'm sure there's a way to get around this.
IP Logged
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 01/16/04 at 16:37:05 »
Quote Quote

an interesting idea, one option that springs to my mind is shared stamina, when you use a stamina on 1 of the alts, the rest of the alts all use a stamina too.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Authority
USA 

ÇãþïtᣠÞüñï§hmëñt

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 01/16/04 at 16:41:57 »
Quote Quote

ouchhhhh
IP Logged

ÇãþïtᣠÞüñï§hmëñt
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 01/16/04 at 16:48:36 »
Quote Quote

on 01/16/04 at 16:37:05, JLH wrote:
an interesting idea, one option that springs to my mind is shared stamina, when you use a stamina on 1 of the alts, the rest of the alts all use a stamina too.

What's the point of having alt's logged on if your using the stamin of one? It's almost like having a 1 alt limit but with more open screens.

As far as the PK level limitations, Why do ya want to kill no0bs so bad? Is it because you cant handle crits in your own size bracket maybe?

We delt with no level restrictions before and had a limit set upon us. That's fine, but why go back a step so your higher level can kill someone not even close to being able to defend themself.

Next thing we know, people are going to be asking for staff powers so they can run arround PKing everyone/anyone. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: 01/16/04 at 17:51:10 »
Quote Quote

on 01/16/04 at 16:48:36, Oz wrote:

What's the point of having alt's logged on if your using the stamin of one?

Maybe that is what JLH is trying to get at when it comes to pking, can't see it happening as you can only train 1 crit at once then though too.
IP Logged
Prodigy
USA 

¤Ð¡p£ømåt¡ç Immúñ¡t¥¤

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 01/16/04 at 17:59:44 »
Quote Quote

I believe current system is fine. Why fix what is not broken?
IP Logged

Just like a sunny day, I'm gone shine. You better cover your face, or you'll go blind. Now b**ch I don't blaze, this is how I ride. Just like a sunny day, watch me shine..§wèè+ñ觧.
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 01/16/04 at 18:28:55 »
Quote Quote

Yeah, I should say, I think it is fine as it is.
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: 01/16/04 at 19:24:05 »
Quote Quote

Well some do regard it as "broken"
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 01/16/04 at 20:40:22 »
Quote Quote

i'm all for the killing of lvl 1 and everybody. lets face it, we're not helping noobs. we're giving veterans mules. people get far more use out of noob protection through making a lvl 4 gold purse than anything else. of course this can be remedied by making it so that lvl 1-5 crits can only hold a maximum of X amount of gold (500 would be just fine). however, i'd rather that we just kill people's purses.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 01/16/04 at 20:43:29 »
Quote Quote

Simple idea here...How about a lower level can attack a higher level, but upon doing so that higher level can now attack the lower level until it dies or logs off.  This would just be simply adjusted with the current system.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
dognapot
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 01/16/04 at 20:52:46 »
Quote Quote

that defeats noob protection though because only a noob would be that stupid. it still leaves everything that is abused alone.

edit: furthermore, if one were to contend that a noob would learn through the process of attacking a higher level and then dying... then wouldn't there being no pk restrictions be a crash course in getting along in nightmist?
IP Logged

So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: 01/16/04 at 20:55:33 »
Quote Quote

on 01/16/04 at 20:43:29, Stotic wrote:
Simple idea here...How about a lower level can attack a higher level, but upon doing so that higher level can now attack the lower level until it dies or logs off.  This would just be simply adjusted with the current system.

i suggested the following: you cannot attack someone 10 lvl's lower then yourself. but if someone that is 10 lvls below you attacks you, you can attack the other guy. i think that's allmost the same as your idea Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 01/16/04 at 21:16:50 »
Quote Quote

I am rather fond of Hark's idea about only being able to pk with one crit on.  Would put a stop to people running around on mass alts, and to hit and runs. It would also allow for the regular use of alts for training.  Though there would have to be a rule about either not allowing to attack someone who has alts on because they cannot fight back, or the person with the alts being allowed to attack the person who attacked them.
IP Logged
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 01/16/04 at 22:05:25 »
Quote Quote

on 01/16/04 at 16:48:36, Oz wrote:

What's the point of having alt's logged on if your using the stamin of one? It's almost like having a 1 alt limit but with more open screens.

Actually, you'd have to think more about how to spend the stamina. Today all I see when people are fighting is a cleric casting righteous, 2 or 3 zerkers berserking, and cleric runs away (usually one step north/south where town gates are).

This thing could work out really good.. at least add some sort of strategy (which isn't the most common thing in NM today).  
IP Logged

Fair enough.
dognapot
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 01/16/04 at 22:13:56 »
Quote Quote

well if there's a defense for alts then it defeats the no pking restriction in the first place; parties are no more secure than they had been (because they can be attacked still), and an attackers judgement doesn't change when choosing prey. besides that it's too complicated to make. example:

three guys attack your party leader. does your party get to fight back? your leader is able to kill three people, but three people will kill him first. also, i can foresee parties disbanding before an attack like that too. because unless an entire party can retaliate for one person's injury, a rule like that would allow a person to single out crits and pk them one by one.

IP Logged

So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine
Eiements
USA 

Endure the Elements

elementskter15
View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 01/16/04 at 23:36:09 »
Quote Quote

how about just keep the lvl 5 limit how they cant attack or be attacked untill lvl 5 after that the newbs are free game, cause i mean theres hardly ne pking with everyone running or just going to petes now a days
IP Logged

i like stuff
Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 01/17/04 at 00:01:06 »
Quote Quote

on 01/16/04 at 16:37:05, JLH wrote:

The only drawback of this is, if you are training, you can only hit with one crit and then have to switch... wait for stam.. hit with the next. By the time you get to a healer, all yer crits are dead cause the monsters don't have to wait for stam.
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.