Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Killing Noobs »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/12/24 at 16:17:13

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Killing Noobs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Killing Noobs  (Read 2574 times)
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

Re: Killing Noobs
« Reply #40 on: 01/17/04 at 16:42:04 »
Quote Quote

-nod-

A ton more users = a ton more crits     That isn't anything difficult to understand.

I think a reset may cause a lot of people to quit, I know I wouldn't be around.

Making the areas change with distance from town and difficulty seems fair to me- it solves 2 "problems", picking on low lvls, and having people carry around lvl4 crits for purses.

Make the forest have people need to be within maybe 5 levels, to keep low levels safe because a level 5 mage doesn't stand much more of surviving a lvl 15 fighter than an arch one.

Then the desert and zeum any level can PK any level---prevents purses, or high levels running around with one low lvl that you cannot hit and such.

I've personally never cared about PK counts on my crits much---death counts though.  It doesn't matter much to me that i cant hit anything i see in forest as it is, although i would like to be able to do like back in the day just so i could get the pages like the ones i used to send.

To make it where only one alt could hit another party doesn't work in my mind because you're simply making it so that training is a hell of a lot easier.  Why would you want to take the fighting out of nightmist?  That's the only thing left in the game for some of us, and would make most of our crits useless because bosses aren't around all the time for us to go hit.

Arches...why would you ever use them anymore?  I only take crits that need exp to bosses usually, and that would make training a crit to arch like dooming it to sit its ass in our account never to log on again.

I don't see how this being put in the game would improve anything at all.  So I guess I'll stop listing the bad things that are my opinion, and try to see the other side-  
What does making PKing limited to one alt fix?
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: 01/17/04 at 16:59:22 »
Quote Quote

If you would quit then fine, just shows your loyalty to the game which is not needed.

The exact same things were said about the last reset, however there was a massive influx of players. Also I think more people would play as there would be a shift in the powers of Nightmist, with newer players on par with older players which is better for the game.

I would love to see two severs up a running, perhaps the old Nightmist can be set up and restricted to 1 alt, whereas this new sever is open to as many alts as you wish to log on.

Obviously more players equals more arches, however the game is just too easy. Just look at Jen/Kalypso (possibly most known person in game, so good for examples) but she has 30mil gold+ and 31 Arches+, is this the sign of a difficult game?

Ebony and Anthrax were the best players pre-reset who possibly had 4 arches, and a max of 5mil gold. Like already mentioned more players = more arches, but not when individual players have 20 arches each.

Granted people didn't really log on more than maybe 2 alts pre-reset, but in recent times it's just been abused into the quest for power. Which ruins the game.
IP Logged
Detheroc
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: 01/17/04 at 17:15:36 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/04 at 16:59:22, Eternyte wrote:
Ebony and Anthrax were the best players pre-reset who possibly had 4 arches, and a max of 5mil gold.

They had more than 4 archies I think... I'm also pretty sure I remember Anthrax buying a cobalt staff.
IP Logged
Haunted
Virgin_Islands 

Exit the dreams of full remorse

View Profile

« Reply #43 on: 01/17/04 at 17:15:45 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/04 at 16:59:22, Eternyte wrote:

Obviously more players equals more arches, however the game is just too easy. Just look at Jen/Kalypso (possibly most known person in game, so good for examples) but she has 30mil gold+ and 31 Arches+, is this the sign of a difficult game?

Not to mention how much she was given..
IP Logged

Sature the souls of a virgin land.
A nation on its knees by its own naive
beliefs. Feasting on the flesh of our starving
who­re. Idly looking on as it bites once
more.
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #44 on: 01/17/04 at 17:26:14 »
Quote Quote

So every time people get powerful in game it requires a reset of the game?

Every post i've seen requesting a reset has been by a new player saying to even them out with old players. (also they've all been locked) Train and nuts if you want to be even with the old players.

I've played for a little over 1 year now, and i can garauntee you a good fight to anyone in game.  Can get boss drops.  Can make gold if i want to, and have gold to spend.  You play for a while and you get even with old players, you don't start the game over.

It does not take that long to get a good acct. going if you simply play the game for 6 months or so, and saying that that is asking too much of a new player does not make any sense to me, that is like saying the game is too hard...the opposite of what you keep preaching.
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
Detheroc
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #45 on: 01/17/04 at 17:28:42 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/04 at 17:26:14, Everlast wrote:
Every post i've seen requesting a reset has been by a new player saying to even them out with old players. (also they've all been locked) Train and nuts if you want to be even with the old players.

Hmm, Eternyte is NOT a new player, and, in my opinion at least, he's better than you.
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #46 on: 01/17/04 at 17:29:02 »
Quote Quote

Thank you for proving my point. The game is too easy, and doesn't provide a challenge.
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #47 on: 01/17/04 at 17:29:29 »
Quote Quote

i agree there, when i came back on nm some of the stronger players had 10+ archies and i had 0. i got killed by half of tr. now i just trained alot and i think i can consider myself a powerfull player Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Shera
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #48 on: 01/17/04 at 17:37:37 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/04 at 17:29:02, Eternyte wrote:
Thank you for proving my point. The game is too easy, and doesn't provide a challenge.

If it doesnt challenge you maybe  you need to do something different in it.  I mean take a  bunch of lvl 5's by themselves to the desert and try and train them.  I bet that would be a challenge. Wink
IP Logged

Tact is after all a kind of mind reading. - Sarah Orne Jewett
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix
Haunted
Virgin_Islands 

Exit the dreams of full remorse

View Profile

« Reply #49 on: 01/17/04 at 17:39:55 »
Quote Quote

Isn't what he means though is it ..duh
IP Logged

Sature the souls of a virgin land.
A nation on its knees by its own naive
beliefs. Feasting on the flesh of our starving
who­re. Idly looking on as it bites once
more.
Shera
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #50 on: 01/17/04 at 17:44:25 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/04 at 17:39:55, Haunted wrote:
Isn't what he means though is it ..duh

Maybe not but what I meant by it is that maybe instead of waiting for the powers that be in nm to make stuff more challenging for us, we should challenge ourselves first.
IP Logged

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #51 on: 01/17/04 at 18:38:01 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/04 at 17:37:37, Shera wrote:

I mean take a  bunch of lvl 5's by themselves to the desert and try and train them.  I bet that would be a challenge. Wink

actually that's quite easy Cheesy i take anything with more then 70 hp to desert Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: 01/17/04 at 18:50:22 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/04 at 17:28:42, Detheroc wrote:

Hmm, Eternyte is NOT a new player, and, in my opinion at least, he's better than you.

I know who Eternyte is thank you.  There is no where in there that i say he's a new player, i said his idea resembles the idea that i've seen many new players post because they're too lazy to train and think they're helpless.

Now maybe you i dont know, but i consider you a noob weather you're new or not, just because i dont like you.
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #53 on: 01/17/04 at 18:51:51 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/04 at 17:44:25, Shera wrote:

Maybe not but what I meant by it is that maybe instead of waiting for the powers that be in nm to make stuff more challenging for us, we should challenge ourselves first.

exactly.
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
Shera
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #54 on: 01/17/04 at 18:52:04 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/04 at 18:38:01, Jurian wrote:

actually that's quite easy Cheesy i take anything with more then 70 hp to desert Cheesy

Yes but you do you take them there without any higher lvls, without any healers, and without dying?  Wink
IP Logged

Lich
Germany 

Death is but the beginning.

View Profile

« Reply #55 on: 01/17/04 at 18:53:05 »
Quote Quote

Yes he does actually ..lol..
IP Logged

Grave digger when you dig my grave, will you make it shallow so I can feel the rain.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #56 on: 01/17/04 at 18:53:52 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/04 at 18:50:22, Everlast wrote:
Now maybe you i dont know, but i consider you a noob weather you're new or not, just because i dont like you.

Haha, love the logic Cheesy

I've seen before the idea Harky said, and I think it's a good idea. Except I can see it being abused.
IP Logged

Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #57 on: 01/17/04 at 19:00:11 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/04 at 17:29:02, Eternyte wrote:

lol, 6 months of training in a game isn't challenging?  Sounds like it is a hell of a lot harder than any other games i play.

How do you make this game harder?  You cannot do like diablo 2 and have warps and such leading to different areas where low lvls cannot go to make it harder, you cant make monsters stronger every time a person logs on.

Resetting the game doesn't make it more challenging, it just puts people back to square one.

One alt limit doesn't make the game that much harder in all truth, just means that it takes longer or you have to group with more people, basically means a lot more stress and annoyances, people would fight a lot, too.

Eternyte, I don't know you much in game, and I don't have anything against you, but I completely disagree with what you think will improve the game.  

I think more space in game and harder areas like the jungle should be added, to make it so even if you've got mass alts high levels, it is still too hard to be doing it and eating at the same time.  It would open up more space for people to train and play without being harrassed, and it would give people who do have the crits needed to still have stuff to do that isn't old and starting to be a bore.

(sorry for the multiple posts, but ya...)
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
Harky
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #58 on: 01/17/04 at 20:19:47 »
Quote Quote

I must admit I'm in shock at the fact some posts have constructive criticism instead of just complaining about loss of power, which is what's happened whenever I've suggested something like a one alt limit. I can see some valid problems with my original suggestion, but the amount of people posting defending it along with similar ideas proves that there's something wrong with the current system - I'm sure some measures can be taken to stop abuse of what I suggested with a little discussion. I don't expect everyone to be happy, nothing that happens in this game will ever make everyone happy, but I believe the game has hit a point where something needs to be changed or it's simply going to continue degrading until the game simply isn't worth playing anymore.
IP Logged
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #59 on: 01/17/04 at 20:31:55 »
Quote Quote

The current system only frustrates me when i hit a party of crits that i cant hit, and they've got 2-3 crits that are too low for my crits that hold gold and pick up their pot/mana.  I think groups highest level should be taken into consideration.  Like if you're in a party with high level crits then you're not some brand new player that deserves to be safe from everything.

I dont think having a low lvl purse is fair, and i dont think killing a new player over and over is right, worth it, nor does it help either of you at all.  You can get gold or pay back on other people who're training, but off a low lvl that doesn't do anything, it doesnt seem right to just sit there to kill them.

I still think my idea of area's having different levels that you could pk makes sense and would be fair, for everyone even.
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.