Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - Pandilex dropped a Shadow Robes.  o.O サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/17/24 at 15:45:14

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Pandilex dropped a Shadow Robes.  o.O
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pandilex dropped a Shadow Robes.  o.O  (Read 3030 times)
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Pandilex dropped a Shadow Robes. o.O
« Reply #60 on: 12/01/03 at 23:02:55 »
Quote Quote

the only quests i approve of (pandilex is free to approve otherwise btw) is completely automated ones.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Pandilex
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #61 on: 12/02/03 at 01:34:57 »
Quote Quote

pretty much. Most of the time, people pk each other at the quest site, which really upsets them because they don't get chance to participate.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #62 on: 12/02/03 at 02:03:40 »
Quote Quote

Why isnt there a command for nopk squares that allows people to attack monsters then?  Undecided
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Vagabond
New_Zealand 

RG@ミ

View Profile

« Reply #63 on: 12/02/03 at 02:22:31 »
Quote Quote

on 12/01/03 at 03:23:03, Vagabond wrote:
Instead of just dropping rare items for some bum at SGH, i think maybe every so often it should be made as a drop for a boss or semi boss which isnt killed often, ie:The balrog, herric, old hermit ..something outside the regular bosses that are slaughtered daily... im not saying have % drop rate for a rare item on any of theese bosses, just every so often when 1 of theese items is dropped on the ground, instead give it to someone or something which is killed as rarely as theese items are dropped.

/t Vaga wow great idea mate  Wink
IP Logged

V緘@Bムd, THムミョJ@, XPリrT, ムリM@ミ, CH@mP@G, JGGョム@レT, Br@KR ingame
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #64 on: 12/02/03 at 02:27:24 »
Quote Quote

on 12/02/03 at 02:03:40, Bean wrote:
Why isnt there a command for nopk squares that allows people to attack monsters then? Undecided

There is, just like arenas..

Although that will not stop people from whineing. I remember when we had the Lightning Dragon Tooth quest, under arilin was nopk & no exp loss. It took about 3 hours to kill. In the last 10 minutes someone with a few alts came and got the kill.

The people who had been there the whole time dieing about 1000 times were mad pissed.
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #65 on: 12/02/03 at 03:00:07 »
Quote Quote

OF course they were.... they worked hard, and the other person didnt.... its human nature for gods sakes...

If the only reason quests arent run is because players complain thats a pretty lousy reason, seeing as they will ALWAYS complain....

Undecided
IP Logged

JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #66 on: 12/02/03 at 04:27:04 »
Quote Quote

they always complain, therefore staff feel bad, therefore they don't run more of them, seems fine to me. pandilex and i have to put up with so much annoyance it's unbelievable, yet we do stick at it as time permits (yes, i know my update is late, but doing some uni work atm that needs to be in for friday, so i'll get to it when i can), and the fact of the matter is, atm, you don't pay for nightmist, so you are not entitled to anything at all. now, when we get the p2p system up and running, then you have a right to complain when we promise something we don't live up to.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Sublime
USA 

Dァf輻舁

View Profile

« Reply #67 on: 12/02/03 at 16:38:14 »
Quote Quote

on 12/01/03 at 16:07:22, Jurian wrote:

not like it should be every week mabe every 2 months you hold this?
edit: also might be interesting to not allow last times finalists in it. to give everybody a chance

I was thinking into this earlier and i thought... instead of a daily mosh make it a weekly mosh, and at the end of the month take the 4 winners and have a 2 on 2 duel, whoever is left at the end gets to take control of a rare item for 1 week (i understand this is similar to triplex but it offers a little more of a challenge) the chosen item could be anything... a random choice made by a staff member.  

I think that adds a little bit of skill into getting quest items as apposed to just dropping them at the sgh.
IP Logged

B
u
M
p

Angelus

Email

« Reply #68 on: 12/02/03 at 16:45:50 »
Quote Quote

Simple quests arent that hard to come up with nor to code. Just make an npc which gives out a hint. And a real hint, not some simple one which gives out the place of where to get it. And make a box somewhere, maybe on an added square that noone knows about or somewhere tucked deep down into the desert f.e. So it will take at least a month to find or stumble in to.
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #69 on: 12/02/03 at 17:30:17 »
Quote Quote

Jlh, Are automated quests a possibility?

I mean like npc driven quests... Cause im pretty sure the initial coding might be a bit harder than any other quest, but then after that it would be a simple thing for staff to run, OR for the player themselves to activate...

If this is at all a possibility please say so, It would be very cool.
IP Logged

Genocide
England 

Genocide + LionHeart Ingame

View Profile

« Reply #70 on: 12/02/03 at 17:35:16 »
Quote Quote

Maybe a big maze type race could be done, lol, where a staff gives a hint/clue out about a certain square, when the players get to that square, there is nothing there, but when they do a /read or /examine they find another clue leading them to another square, and so on. then the last square of the maze gets it, it would be a kind of race, but it could be done in the nightmist map we have today. And so no1 stumbles on it acidentally, you have to read all the squares in order to get the item, this way you would have to actually think before the item aswell.
IP Logged

Its not about dying for your country, its about making your enemy die for theirs!
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #71 on: 12/02/03 at 17:35:16 »
Quote Quote

on 12/02/03 at 17:30:17, Bean wrote:
Jlh, Are automated quests a possibility?

I mean like npc driven quests... Cause im pretty sure the initial coding might be a bit harder than any other quest, but then after that it would be a simple thing for staff to run, OR for the player themselves to activate...

If this is at all a possibility please say so, It would be very cool.

well if it gets automated there will only be a certain numbers of quests possible untill the thing starts repeating the quest. or it must be so complex that the system is possible to generate a different quest every single time it gets started which seems to me as alot of work to program Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Spectrum
England 

No clips. No bullets. No mess!

View Profile Email

« Reply #72 on: 12/02/03 at 17:36:06 »
Quote Quote

I was thinking that you could just give the item to some random monster. Nothing too weak, nothing too easy to get too... And just let it have the item, and wait patiently. No one would know. There would be no big rush. Even if they read this, peeps will have no idea if you will take this seriosly, even I won't know Undecided So someone whos randomly training decides to go for a wander, happily killing away... and sudderly... "ooo... look what i found =D". This will also give everyone a chance, and it may take days of weeks for people to find the right spawn. And they WOULD have earned it because they trained for it!  

No big pking sprees... No big rush... No unfairness...

Simple.

I don't think it would take much programming (Though I have no idea how much it would take!)
IP Logged

Yllap/Void/Spectrum - For now.
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #73 on: 12/02/03 at 17:39:53 »
Quote Quote

Staff could just give an item to a monster and then when someone kills the monster they die. No programing there.. That is if you can actually give items to monsters...
IP Logged

-=-ァトァナGノ-=-
Spectrum
England 

No clips. No bullets. No mess!

View Profile Email

« Reply #74 on: 12/02/03 at 17:49:06 »
Quote Quote

Just realized that i shouldn't take so long to post, totally miss other posts and my idea gets said.  Cry   sorry
IP Logged

Yllap/Void/Spectrum - For now.
JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #75 on: 12/02/03 at 18:40:06 »
Quote Quote

monsters can be given things
npc's can be do pretty much anything really with a bit of additional code (if needed)
IP Logged

Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #76 on: 12/02/03 at 20:10:02 »
Quote Quote

So a quest system could be set up, in which there is a small ammount of code that needs to be changed for a new/different quest each.... month?

Monthly quests would be very cool.

Edit: I think im gonna post a more thought out idea after school.... In the suggestions forum
IP Logged

Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #77 on: 12/02/03 at 20:19:19 »
Quote Quote

well i'm cool with anything that's not droppings of pandi and isn't stuck on one time zone.
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.