Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - Pandilex dropped a Shadow Robes.  o.O サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/21/24 at 02:25:45

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Pandilex dropped a Shadow Robes.  o.O
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pandilex dropped a Shadow Robes.  o.O  (Read 3031 times)
Banned

Email

Re: Pandilex dropped a Shadow Robes. o.O
« Reply #20 on: 11/30/03 at 15:24:41 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 13:43:06, Pandilex wrote:

Far too busy with university life, exams around the corner. The item is equal in power to an item that is already easily obtainable in game.

So you just drop it? Just cuz you are busy, which i can understand, you do find time to mess the game up...
IP Logged
Medora
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Dont interrupt me when I'm talking to myself.

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 11/30/03 at 15:53:20 »
Quote Quote

Could see how this could upset a few people But its silly really. There are certain items that wouldnt even be In the game if it werent for Pandilex and his dropping sprees.

Know how I see it? Its Jlh's and Pandilex's game, they can do as they choose to.
IP Logged

Belladonna is no longer my main, but a lvl 1 name holder in my account. Maybe Ill update this when I decide whats to be my main next.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: 11/30/03 at 15:55:31 »
Quote Quote

I doubt so many people would complain, if they got the dropped item.
IP Logged

Banned

Email

« Reply #23 on: 11/30/03 at 15:58:52 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 15:55:31, alone wrote:
I doubt so many people would complain, if they got the dropped item.

That isnt the point.

And yes they can do how they please, but whats a game without players...
IP Logged
Medora
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 11/30/03 at 16:03:42 »
Quote Quote

People complain no matter how things are done, but for everyone that leaves, a few more start playing. You really think something with as little importance as this situation is going to effect the game? I dont.
IP Logged

Belladonna is no longer my main, but a lvl 1 name holder in my account. Maybe Ill update this when I decide whats to be my main next.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 11/30/03 at 16:05:10 »
Quote Quote

Exactly. I never have liked dropping. You say that if we got the drop, then we'd like. That isn't true at all. I've got several extremely rare items. I've picked up the emerald ring (sold it) ring of the wise (sold it) ruby ring (sold it) and several other rare items, yet I still don't agree with it. Why? Because you don't earn it. If you actually had to go out and spend time searching for it, or finding a heavy boss then killing it.. then sure, you deserve the item. But if you just happened to be at the right place at the right time then you don't deserve it.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Banned

Email

« Reply #26 on: 11/30/03 at 16:05:22 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 16:03:42, Medora wrote:
People complain no matter how things are done, but for everyone that leaves, a few more start playing. You really think something with as little importance as this situation is going to effect the game? I dont.

Never said this affected it, but you say they can do how they please, which is not entirely true.
IP Logged
Stigmata
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 11/30/03 at 16:08:48 »
Quote Quote

Great attitude medora.

Just because this isn't important to you, doesn't change the fact that it is important to others.  

If you don't have a valid argument apart from the 'its there game' one then why even join in the conversation?

If the opinions of a minority are ignored because theres a chance that when they leave others will join, then the game won't be around much longer.
IP Logged
Medora
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 11/30/03 at 16:12:35 »
Quote Quote

Plain and simple, whats done is done. Whats he suppose to do? Decide all of a sudden because a few players complain about a chance to get a rare item, that its wrong and remove everything from the game that hes ever dropped? I dont see that happening, so why waste your time complaining when you could go train or something? Go hang out with friends maybe?

There is nothing you can say or do to change something thats already came to pass.

Edit: Stigmata, Im entitled to my opinion just the same as anyone else, so back off with your attitude. Just because its my point of view doesnt make it right, Im merely expressing how I see the situation. If I dont have the right to do that, then neither does anyone else.

IP Logged

Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 11/30/03 at 16:17:02 »
Quote Quote

We're not really complaining that there's is a duplicate questy. We are complaining because more thought should be put into the item. Dropping the items shows a complete lack of imagination. Uni work or not, how hard is it to run a mosh and give to the winner. Just dropping it is pathetic.

The track record isn't good. The previouss two quest items before that Bracelet of Speed and Boots of Haste. Find a certain wepon and attack a box. OMG...is there a book 'An idiots guide to RPG Quests'.

Also other quests should have been run where other items have been introduced into the game. i.e Scroll of Devastate. Atleast let us have some dignity in earning items.

I agree your Uni work should come first for you, but that is what the staff team are there for. To lighten the load of work off the Admin shoulders. If you don't trust the staff team enough to act responsibly, then why the hell are they there.

I know first hand Mike(Stotic) has asked to run quests etc. but was told by JLH there are already too many items in the game. Which I sort of agree with from a quest item point of view.
I then approached JLH offering an alternative way to reduce the amount of items. Which, is going to be implemeted eventually (I hope).

Pandilex, there are more than enough people in the game who are more than willing to lend a hand. You can't do everything by yourself. In fact, why don't you head up a quest team, then you can analyse ideas being put forward. Maybe offer some advice as to how you think it could be improved.
IP Logged
alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #30 on: 11/30/03 at 16:35:36 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 16:05:10, Mephistroth wrote:
Exactly. I never have liked dropping. You say that if we got the drop, then we'd like. That isn't true at all. I've got several extremely rare items. I've picked up the emerald ring (sold it) ring of the wise (sold it) ruby ring (sold it) and several other rare items, yet I still don't agree with it. Why? Because you don't earn it. If you actually had to go out and spend time searching for it, or finding a heavy boss then killing it.. then sure, you deserve the item. But if you just happened to be at the right place at the right time then you don't deserve it.

If you didn't agree with it. Why sell it? You've just said you dislike people getting things for free.. But you yourself have had stuff for free then.. So, you don't like how you've played this game?
IP Logged

Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 11/30/03 at 16:43:48 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 16:12:35, Medora wrote:
Decide all of a sudden because a few players complain about a chance to get a rare item, that its wrong and remove everything from the game that hes ever dropped?

Way to over react. We never said he should delete all the current 'quest items' in the game. All we said is that there should be more thought put into the items, instead of just dropping them for any random person to get.

on 11/30/03 at 16:12:35, Medora wrote:
There is nothing you can say or do to change something thats already came to pass.

True, but if enough people don't like it then hopefully we can prevent this from happening again.

Edit:

on 11/30/03 at 16:35:36, alone wrote:
If you didn't agree with it. Why sell it? You've just said you dislike people getting things for free.. But you yourself have had stuff for free then.. So, you don't like how you've played this game?

What else am I supposed to do? Go and give it to someone else? How would they be earning it then? Sure, I could have given it to someone, but that would be exactly the same as Pan dropping it and me getting it.
IP Logged

PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 11/30/03 at 16:43:59 »
Quote Quote

People wondering about more freedom to the staff members. 'Why not' to a lot of these suggestions? Easy. JLH doesn't trust his staff members.
IP Logged
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 11/30/03 at 16:46:36 »
Quote Quote

Then why are they staff members? If you can't trust them, then they shouldn't be staff.
IP Logged

PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 11/30/03 at 16:49:12 »
Quote Quote

Exactly. Also, I didn't make that comment about JLH not trusting his staff from my own opinion. He told me directly.
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

Re: Pandilex dropped a Shadow Robes.  o.O
« Reply #35 on: 11/30/03 at 16:50:26 »
Quote Quote

i really don't mind the item dropping. good job pan. people can pay 10x the amount of golden robes to look pertty but that's thier perogative and it doesn't make the game worse. it's not like everyone's super-poor and this is widening the gap between the poor and the rich.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: 11/30/03 at 18:29:47 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 15:24:41, Banned wrote:
So you just drop it? Just cuz you are busy, which i can understand, you do find time to mess the game up...

Sure, I'll just remove everything I put into the game and be on my way? Several years of work, and practically every concept and idea. Have fun.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #37 on: 11/30/03 at 18:49:19 »
Quote Quote

You've said that before Pandi..

No one wants you to go, they're just lame.. Cheesy

*hides from the abuse*
IP Logged

Banned

Email

« Reply #38 on: 11/30/03 at 18:57:23 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 18:29:47, Pandilex wrote:

Sure, I'll just remove everything I put into the game and be on my way? Several years of work, and practically every concept and idea. Have fun.

d**n for a minute i thought u weren't jokin, almost got a heart attack  Roll Eyes

Anyways, i don't mind someone getting an item they didn't deserve, put on the robes for all i care. If i run into you i'll still click you before you can say 'I'm your bish'. its just that selling such an item will give you more power then most players that worked hard to where they are now. And someone comes along, well not really along cuz they've been sitting there for like who knows how long cuz they aint doing nuts. And get something for being a lazy ass?
IP Logged
Harky
Wales 

View Profile

cold
« Reply #39 on: 11/30/03 at 19:01:10 »
Quote Quote

Every quest I've run or had a part in running always ended up the same, everyone seems to be enjoying it, someone completes the quest and gets a reward, everyone pregnant doges about it for several months out of jealousy and forgets all the time that was put into the quest in the first place. I admit that this alone isn't a reason not to run quests at all, but I'm just trying to give some kind of insight as to why some staff members may feel like there's no point in going to all the trouble of preparing a quest and building an area for it(maybe) when noone will appreciate any of it anyway.

Edit: I personally don't have a problem with random drops - it lets everyone have a chance of getting said item regardless of level, equipment, etc (it really isn't a bad thing that someone you consider a 'newbie' holds an item of value and/or power.) I can see this being a potential problem if the item is particularly powerful, but even then 99% of the time it'll end up in the hands of one of the current power players through trading things they probably don't even need.

I'm trying to think of some other solution in which quest items could be handed out without absorbing a lot of admin's time, but if what was said about staff members not being allowed to handle/hand out quest items is true(which I can kinda understand) then I just don't see it happening. Closest thing I can think of would be a modified version of the original idea for Pandilex's tower, but it would require admin to build it and restrictions on other staff teleporting in there, else the amount of complaints regarding staff that know the map winning quest items with alts wouldn't be worth the trouble it'd take to set up. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 11/30/03 at 21:42:56 by Harky » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.