Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - Pandilex dropped a Shadow Robes.  o.O サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/21/24 at 08:42:06

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Pandilex dropped a Shadow Robes.  o.O
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pandilex dropped a Shadow Robes.  o.O  (Read 3032 times)
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

Re: Pandilex dropped a Shadow Robes. o.O
« Reply #40 on: 11/30/03 at 19:02:51 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 18:29:47, Pandilex wrote:

Sure, I'll just remove everything I put into the game and be on my way? Several years of work, and practically every concept and idea. Have fun.

Nothing personal, but why do you -always- make that threat?
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Cosworth
Scotland 

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: 11/30/03 at 19:08:09 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 19:02:51, Matt wrote:

gimmie my ball back im not playing anymore im going home Lips Sealed*giggles*
IP Logged
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #42 on: 11/30/03 at 19:15:01 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 19:01:10, Harky wrote:
Every quest I've run or had a part in running always ended up the same, everyone seems to be enjoying it, someone completes the quest and gets a reward, everyone pregnant doges about it for several months out of jealousy and forgets all the time that was put into the quest in the first place. I admit that this alone isn't a reason not to run quests at all, but I'm just trying to give some kind of insight as to why some staff members may feel like there's no point in going to all the trouble of preparing a quest and building an area for it(maybe) when noone will appreciate any of it anyway.

I've got a few more points to add but I need to go, I'll edit this in a few hours when I get back.

that's pretty much what i think about quests.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #43 on: 11/30/03 at 19:23:54 »
Quote Quote

my suggestion: no quests, no drops. make special moshes ro something. like hmm 1 mosh every day and at the endof the week the winenrs fight in a mosh for the item. not much trouble, everybody had a chance to win so no pregnant doging.

and this could happen for all lvl's so everybody got an equal chance.

jsut a suggestion Cheesy cuz imo dropping sucks Tongue
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #44 on: 11/30/03 at 19:32:51 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 19:02:51, Matt wrote:

Twice, and although this time it was a sarcastic joke. Both times should serve to remind people that they're biting the hand that feeds them.

I've got a few more points to add but I need to go, I'll edit this in a few hours when I get back.

Always right. Plus I bet when he gets back he's freezing cold.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #45 on: 11/30/03 at 21:21:12 »
Quote Quote

Every quest I've run or had a part in running always ended up the same, everyone seems to be enjoying it, someone completes the quest and gets a reward, everyone pregnant doges about it for several months out of jealousy and forgets all the time that was put into the quest in the first place. I admit that this alone isn't a reason not to run quests at all, but I'm just trying to give some kind of insight as to why some staff members may feel like there's no point in going to all the trouble of preparing a quest and building an area for it(maybe) when noone will appreciate any of it anyway.

The last 2 quests that I can think of right now (well.. except for the ones that offended the entire world of RPGing) got a really good response from the players (from what I remember).  

First, the dragon that Jen spawned dropping a gold ring, received almost 100% of thumbs up even though only being something simple as a spawned monster.  

Second - the riddles below NM that Stotic (by himself?) created and in the end dropped the Ring of Thieves (or whatever it was called). If I remember it correctly someone even made a thread on forums about how good it was and at least 3 pages were filled with positive comments... and noone pregnant doged EVEN though the person sharing with the quest master himself was the first one to make it all the way through and get the item! (things like this usually generates enough of complaints through forums to make JLH's server explode.)
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #46 on: 11/30/03 at 23:23:15 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 21:21:12, Insomnia wrote:

Second - the riddles below NM that Stotic

and Zephie.  Wink
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #47 on: 12/01/03 at 02:56:22 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 09:00:42, Epic wrote:
I want to get banned off the forum

* Epic frowns

Refresh my memory if you would as to wut i said that almost deserves a baning
IP Logged

Gangsta Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (do the gangsta walk)
Vagabond
New_Zealand 

RG@ミ

View Profile

« Reply #48 on: 12/01/03 at 03:23:03 »
Quote Quote

Instead of just dropping rare items for some bum at SGH, i think maybe every so often it should be made as a drop for a boss or semi boss which isnt killed often, ie:The balrog, herric, old hermit ..something outside the regular bosses that are slaughtered daily... im not saying have % drop rate for a rare item on any of theese bosses, just every so often when 1 of theese items is dropped on the ground, instead give it to someone or something which is killed as rarely as theese items are dropped.
IP Logged

V緘@Bムd, THムミョJ@, XPリrT, ムリM@ミ, CH@mP@G, JGGョム@レT, Br@KR ingame
Sublime
USA 

Dァf輻舁

View Profile

« Reply #49 on: 12/01/03 at 09:29:33 »
Quote Quote

on 11/30/03 at 19:23:54, Jurian wrote:
my suggestion: no quests, no drops. make special moshes ro something. like hmm 1 mosh every day and at the endof the week the winenrs fight in a mosh for the item. not much trouble, everybody had a chance to win so no pregnant doging.

and this could happen for all lvl's so everybody got an equal chance.

jsut a suggestion Cheesy cuz imo dropping sucks Tongue

Its a good idea, but with 1 mosh at the end of every week for an item would pretty much be champs belt mosh... and 1 new quest item added weekly would kinda over load the game with rare items. Everyone would have 1 at some point or another and they would just become another everyday item leaving staff to come up with new ideas for more items.
IP Logged

B
u
M
p

Shane
USA 

Kickin arse!!!

NightMistPlayer
View Profile

« Reply #50 on: 12/01/03 at 10:57:32 »
Quote Quote

I think what Jurian means is that each day of the week hold a special mosh, then at the end of the week each winner of the special mosh enters this end of the weeks mosh to win an item. The Champ Belt mosh is a anyone join mosh. This special one would only be for those who won the mosh's during the week.
IP Logged

Too high to get over,
To low to go under,
Your stuck in the middle,
and the pain is thunder.
Sublime
USA 

Dァf輻舁

View Profile

« Reply #51 on: 12/01/03 at 15:15:25 »
Quote Quote

Yes, but the basic point of the 'weekly mosh' is still there... and anyone really can get in considering that they have to compete in a mosh with many other people to be qualified in the first place. Its the same idea but just with a little twist to it.

Jurians idea builds up to somthing, making the competetors really earn they're prize(love that idea) Tongue

IP Logged

B
u
M
p

Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: 12/01/03 at 15:34:56 »
Quote Quote

It still wouldnt change the fact that items would be going out weekly, thus increasing amount of items in game drastically.
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #53 on: 12/01/03 at 16:07:22 »
Quote Quote

on 12/01/03 at 09:29:33, Sublime wrote:

Its a good idea, but with 1 mosh at the end of every week for an item would pretty much be champs belt mosh... and 1 new quest item added weekly would kinda over load the game with rare items. Everyone would have 1 at some point or another and they would just become another everyday item leaving staff to come up with new ideas for more items.

not like it should be every week mabe every 2 months you hold this?
edit: also might be interesting to not allow last times finalists in it. to give everybody a chance
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #54 on: 12/01/03 at 16:14:54 »
Quote Quote

on 12/01/03 at 16:07:22, Jurian wrote:

not like it should be every week mabe every 2 months you hold this?
edit: also might be interesting to not allow last times finalists in it. to give everybody a chance

Each weeks Champs Belt winner, for the past two months.. In a mosh together? See the 'best of the best' fight it out..
IP Logged

Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #55 on: 12/01/03 at 16:18:24 »
Quote Quote

on 12/01/03 at 16:14:54, alone wrote:

Each weeks Champs Belt winner, for the past two months.. In a mosh together? See the 'best of the best' fight it out..

nah lol my idea with a mosh every day would be that it could eb a diff times so everybody had a chance to join. i can't join champ belts moshes cuz i sleep then! i've never been in a champ belt mosh or triplex cuz they are during my night.
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #56 on: 12/01/03 at 22:21:27 »
Quote Quote

I'm confused; so all you people that always are saying I need to run a quest because you are all bored don't want a quest because they are unfair to everyone except the winner?

(quest/drop, same principle)
IP Logged
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #57 on: 12/01/03 at 22:26:39 »
Quote Quote

There will always be pregnant doging no matter if it's a random drop, quest or what-not.

There will always be a post going "well i logged on late *cry cry cry*" or a post whining about how random drops are not fair.

The only one -ever- happy in a quest/random drop event is the person who got it.
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #58 on: 12/01/03 at 22:31:50 »
Quote Quote

on 12/01/03 at 22:21:27, Oracle wrote:
I'm confused; so all you people that always are saying I need to run a quest because you are all bored don't want a quest because they are unfair to everyone except the winner?
(quest/drop, same principle)

Not at all. We want quests, not some bs dropping. If a quest is actually decent and fair, the players can't possibly find something to moan about, but if you just drop an extremely rare item and someone gets it without earning it, then you're going to get people complaining - hence this thread (although it didn't start of as a complaint, only turned into one as most people think its unfair)
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #59 on: 12/01/03 at 22:42:43 »
Quote Quote

Most of the players that play Nightmist think any quest where they are not on to participate/win is not fair.

"*cry cry* you guys hate Americans dont you?! always have to throw quests in your time zone wahnnn wahnnn!"
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.