Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - dayban サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 05:01:17

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   dayban
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: dayban  (Read 2148 times)
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

dayban
« on: 03/09/03 at 10:05:31 »
Quote Quote

gah. i was going to fight someone in arena today and like every nm player knows when you fight in arena you use countdown.

this person (and his friends) just went into the arena allmost killed one of my crits then left the arena square again and got back to finish killing my crits right after that.

before i knew what was going on 2 of my crits were dead so i left the arena and telling them they were ******* ******.  

because of this my system got banned for a day. Now i know you can't swear and all but i do think there should be a warning first or something cuz i was soooo mad at this that i just didn't think before i said it (nor do i think anyone there had a big problem with it)  

and then one more thing. since i can't use my crits at the moment i wanted to roll some crits but that's not even allowed. How can i do any harm to the game by rolling crits? maybe this can be changed so i can roll crits (instead of play'n nm 8 hours a day now i could try to roll crits instead).

I do think that banning someone without even one warning is just lame.

IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Lyandor

Email

Re: dayban
« Reply #1 on: 03/09/03 at 10:17:35 »
Quote Quote

I have to agree, he said one thing wrong, which should have that crit banned I agree, but to get your whole comp banned? That just seems a little over the top.
« Last Edit: 03/09/03 at 12:50:30 by Parodius » IP Logged
Prince_Damon

,!,,

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 03/09/03 at 10:31:52 »
Quote Quote

try saying one thing wrong and having every high lvl alt you owned banned for a week altho they were'nt even online at the time.. this was after the 24 hour comp ban of course.
IP Logged

Knine, Pacman, LS_DayWokr_LS, SoulsWrath, Ender, Phobia, Scar, Lorivan, Widowmaker, Leafstorm, etc.
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #3 on: 03/09/03 at 10:34:18 »
Quote Quote

maybe if you have some self control and some respect for other players, you wouldnt get banned.
IP Logged
Prince_Damon

,!,,

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 03/09/03 at 10:39:26 »
Quote Quote

I have little respect for kalypso tyvm, altho compared to pandilex she is a saint.
IP Logged

Knine, Pacman, LS_DayWokr_LS, SoulsWrath, Ender, Phobia, Scar, Lorivan, Widowmaker, Leafstorm, etc.
Prince_Damon

,!,,

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 03/09/03 at 10:42:34 »
Quote Quote

Oh, and respect is something you earn.. it cant be forced upon ppl, as staff and Tr seam to believe.
IP Logged

Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 03/09/03 at 10:42:41 »
Quote Quote

lol going into an arena and not using countdown just macroing crits and attacking shows alot less respect then getting angry at them after such a thing.
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: 03/09/03 at 12:28:37 »
Quote Quote

Humans are capable of building devices so complicated they can send you to the moon, they have succeeded in using their magnificent minds to create computers, cars, and aeroplanes. The human mind is perfectly capable of obeying a simple instruction saying do not swear in game, and there is no excuse for not being able to comply with this.

Oh and edit - you are warned. You know the rule is in place, and your warning is in the logon message every time you connect.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 03/09/03 at 14:40:46 »
Quote Quote

on 03/09/03 at 12:28:37, Gir wrote:
Humans are capable of building devices so complicated they can send you to the moon, they have succeeded in using their magnificent minds to create computers, cars, and aeroplanes.

they have also created the english language and why not use it to it's full extend? would be pretty lame if you invent a rocket to go to the moon and then stop when your allmost on the moon Cheesy
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Harky
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 03/09/03 at 16:07:09 »
Quote Quote

that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard in my entire life
IP Logged
Shera
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 03/09/03 at 16:36:29 »
Quote Quote

To Prince:  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
  As for the not being warned part of this thread.  It's only a day ban.  And be honest is this really the first time you have ever cursed in nm?  I'm thinking I can safely assume that it isnt.  Also you could have just paged them.
IP Logged

Tact is after all a kind of mind reading. - Sarah Orne Jewett
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix
WiCkEd_PhReAk

Mip Mip!

Dizmembered
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 03/09/03 at 21:48:59 »
Quote Quote

There should be no reason for you to be swearing in open chat or through a page regardless, due to every time you log on, you are shown the text that says, "As this is a game for all ages you may have your computer banned for up to a week unless you keep all chat clean," meaning that IS your warning. Making a post about it is, what happens to seem to be your favorite word, 'Lame.'
IP Logged
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: 03/09/03 at 22:36:28 »
Quote Quote

Pandilex (Gir)... Is there a reason not to "comply" with the rule saying staff crits can't pk players without reason? Doesn't seem to stop them...
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: 03/09/03 at 22:36:53 »
Quote Quote

Oh for gods sake quit it with the 'holier than thou' act, all of you. Your all just trying to big note yourselves, trying to make yourselves out to be something your not, when I am 100% sure all of you have sworn in game, let alone broken any other rules. If you repugnant little pukes were also to get banned, there is no doubt you would carry on like a child who has had his lolly pop taken, smacked on bum, and pushed in the mud.

Get over yourselves, your not doing yourselves any favours by trying to brown nose it up.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 03/09/03 at 22:44:34 »
Quote Quote

i've never said anything by accident on this game. if that happened to me, maybe i'd curse outloud once, maybe i'd laugh too. i certainly wouldn't have typed curse words out instinctually.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
WiCkEd_PhReAk

Mip Mip!

Dizmembered
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 03/09/03 at 22:54:18 »
Quote Quote

Like dognapot said, there is nothing that i've ever said in game that I hadn't meant, yet, I have the common sense to say it in clan chat, or to people on my friend list who couldn't give 2 shakes of a dogs leg less. If I were to be banned for swearing, I wouldn't care in the slightest, due to it being an infraction of the rules. I'm not saying I dont curse in game, i'm just saying I have the common sense to not say it in open chat or in a yell for that matter. So there IS a doubt that I wouldn't carry on 'like a child' if I were to get banned for swearing due to it happening before, it happens, you get banned. As for the brown nosing it up, that's a laugh, i've no need to brown nose, to anyone.
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: 03/10/03 at 07:35:25 »
Quote Quote

dudes you all totally miss my point. i sweared and it was wonr i know but my point is they should bane the crit i sweared with first as a warning and then ban my comp instead of just banning my comp all at once.
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #17 on: 03/10/03 at 07:56:36 »
Quote Quote

i have cussed 4 times in yells, i have been banned 4 times, i have actually matured a lot since i started playing. when i cuss its in a page or in party chat with 1 person who is a good friend. I realize i should have been banned, and just because something of mine was stolen, or i was pk'ed, is no reason to swear. Oh well if you died once, you can make up the exp
IP Logged
Sadiction
USA 

Watch your back!

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 03/10/03 at 08:03:48 »
Quote Quote

dude most people hear swearing everyday....like when you talk on a chat...people swear...y cant it be the same in here....btw comes to another conclusion....y are they banning if you say b*tch or fuk or stuff like that ...its not the correct spelling if ya look the word up in the dictionary it says abosulty nothing....
IP Logged

Elzix,Sadiction,Zetric,Slaveboy
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: 03/10/03 at 08:35:51 »
Quote Quote

lol today i heard my 5 year old neighbour kid say 3 times sh*t and f*ck twice lol and i'm pretty sure he doesn't play nm. i can't immagine that there are ppl that play this game have never heard anyone swear. I'm ok with the rule about no swearing and all and i was wrong just back to the point where i thin you should ban the crit that was sweared with first and then if someone swears again on an alt you ban the comp.
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.