Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - im wondring why certain areas have been changed. サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 02:28:24

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   im wondring why certain areas have been changed.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: im wondring why certain areas have been changed.  (Read 2482 times)
Tender_Foot

Email

im wondring why certain areas have been changed.
« on: 03/17/03 at 19:52:51 »
Quote Quote

im wondering why certain areas have been changed. i know for a fact swamps were changed, but they have seemed to change even more since i was there yesterday. The monsters seem to have gotten just a tad bit easier, but the gold is completely fowl. im wondering how a boss drops 6,000+ gold and then goes to this 'You got 3242 gold pieces.' And the heads only give 400 gold, turtles 200. This ammount of gold is quite rediculous in my opinion for how hard the monsters are (oooh, not saying they are very hard). It also seems as though that the Hydra Body has been changed to no longer spawn heads, maybe we were unlucky and it didnt spawn any for us to get that extra gold, but if it has changed why?

I know other areas in the game have changed as well, but i dont see the complete reason for changing this area, on the basis only me and draco honoris go there regularly, unless it was for that matter that we are going there regularly that it was changed.
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

Re: im wondring why certain areas have been change
« Reply #1 on: 03/17/03 at 19:58:51 »
Quote Quote

i don't really care about swamp but i'm kinda pissed at changing captain wylsen Sad i used to kill him easy with 12 alts now i can't kill him no more (i went with tevlok and his 4 alts and my 12 alts) and it took us ages to kill Sad

i agree in asking the question why is this changed?
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 03/17/03 at 20:02:13 »
Quote Quote

I don't think captain was changed? I know certain areas of the map were changed mostly just squares being added on.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 03/17/03 at 20:10:28 »
Quote Quote

gah then did my crits get worse suddenly? and why is it then that captain sometimes heals and sometimes doesn't?
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Azrael

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 03/17/03 at 20:27:48 »
Quote Quote

Sometimes he likes to die and sometimes he doesn't, depends on how much depression he's going through.
IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 03/17/03 at 20:53:25 »
Quote Quote

I was curious why the swamp was changed too - but since I haven't been there in weeks, didn't feel it was appropriate for me to comment on the changes I haven't seen myself.

I know that the map didn't need changed (3 entrances stopped people from blocking off the area), the map was a reasonably small maze and had custom 'you can't go directions', and the monsters were quite challenging (but not too much so) imo.  I spend a great deal of time working on the balance and challenge of the area (although since clerics were changed to use less mana, the gold reduction may have been merited, but shouldn't have been reduced by more than 1/4).

I'm also surprised no one asked me for any information on the area - just jump in there and start changing it.  But, whatever, it's no longer my call...
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #6 on: 03/17/03 at 21:35:46 »
Quote Quote

Heads still respawn but the gold was halved(ish).
IP Logged
Clayton

Email

« Reply #7 on: 03/17/03 at 23:20:47 »
Quote Quote

Jahanna was changed....

Edit: After a little exploring I found that just the entrance to Jahanna was changed. Please tell me if I am wrong.
« Last Edit: 03/18/03 at 00:08:34 by Mongol » IP Logged
Amy
USA 

With each choice comes consequences

Amyofdraco
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 03/18/03 at 00:05:36 »
Quote Quote

I just want to know in what way this all.. especially the swamp changing.. has to do with improving of the game? there are areas not made to add or do whatever with.. why change a perfectly good area? unless, the problem was that not many could get through there.. (although, if they trained hard enough and brought a team it would have been fine). Sure glad I dont depend on the swamp alone for my gold intake. Just seems foolish to totally ruin an area that was done very well and made with alot of though.
IP Logged

Each path we have chosen led us to where we are. Each path we choose in the future will determine our destiny.
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: 03/18/03 at 00:32:33 »
Quote Quote

i have added squares to the start of some areas to stop them overlapping with other areas. I have not deleted any or edited any monsters, i fixed a few map bugs too.
this is due to me making a world map (of which is nearly complete) with every area on it (think of a large piece of squared paper) to scale as best i could. this will help in future area development to avoid confusion when areas seem to be on top of other areas when they shouldn't be. (i know that a square has no 'real' size or anything, but it makes me happy this way).
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Clayton

Email

« Reply #10 on: 03/18/03 at 00:34:01 »
Quote Quote

Wow, very nice. And thank you.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #11 on: 03/18/03 at 01:04:07 »
Quote Quote

on 03/18/03 at 00:32:33, JLH wrote:
i have added squares to the start of some areas to stop them overlapping with other areas. I have not deleted any or edited any monsters, i fixed a few map bugs too.
this is due to me making a world map (of which is nearly complete) with every area on it (think of a large piece of squared paper) to scale as best i could. this will help in future area development to avoid confusion when areas seem to be on top of other areas when they shouldn't be. (i know that a square has no 'real' size or anything, but it makes me happy this way).

Then who exactly thanged the gold drop rate? because i do know that thieves cannot get past the heads to steal from them. So that leads me to conclude that everything has been halved.
IP Logged
Pandilex
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 03/18/03 at 01:22:08 »
Quote Quote

I changed it, after watching the rate of gathering gold I decided that it was generating an insanely large amount. It was possible to gather a lot of money very quickly, so I made a few alterations.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Amy
USA 

Amyofdraco
View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 03/18/03 at 01:28:49 »
Quote Quote

so are other areas that generate what is in your opinion an insane amount of gold (ie.. the barracks, johanna, even rose garden).. being changed too? Just curious. And since these are areas that we have been able to generate just as much gold or more, in just as much time even considered for modification? or does that depend on who is doing the gathering? .. just a curiosity from a NM player  

(edited for typo)
IP Logged

Each path we have chosen led us to where we are. Each path we choose in the future will determine our destiny.
Pandilex
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: 03/18/03 at 01:42:27 »
Quote Quote

Other areas do not generate as much.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #15 on: 03/18/03 at 01:45:29 »
Quote Quote

I think the key difference is the level restriction and the fact that a party of 2-3 lvl 20 thieves and a cleric can pretty much clean the area in less than 30 minutes. In my opinion 400 gold and then the boss drop of 3k is still a tidy amount considering the ease with which thieves and berserkers deal with the area.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #16 on: 03/18/03 at 02:07:58 »
Quote Quote

p[ersonnally, im there all the time, and on the basis only 2 of us regularly visit the area, im going to take this as a personaly blow to me and draco honoris pan. Now, i can easily go to RG and get 20 in 5 minutes with no trouble what-so-ever, but i dont see that area changing. And i use to have to pay the gold i got (20k in about 30 minutes) on getting all new pots and mana every 3 trips *that means i made about 40k every 3 trips) now if 40k for 90 minutes of training is rediculous, then a lot of aspects of this game need to be fixed.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #17 on: 03/18/03 at 02:20:15 »
Quote Quote

i would also like to point out that the wait for the monsters to respawn, is rediculously long, so even if a lot of gold is being made, it doesn't become to large of a sum. Where as in other areas, lime orc caves where there's an abundant source of monsters that arent to hard to kill, rg where the monsters are rediculously easy to kill for the gold they give an respawn relatively quickly, barracks which are small but insainly easy to kill and great exp for healers....why dont we go and change those also to make the game more fair?
IP Logged
Clayton

Email

« Reply #18 on: 03/18/03 at 02:29:43 »
Quote Quote

40k in 90 minutes is far from ridiculously good.
Actually, in my opinion, it is somwhat bad.. Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Amy
USA 

Amyofdraco
View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: 03/18/03 at 08:10:11 »
Quote Quote

I do not believe it generates any more than any other area either. Mayhap is the people that are training hard that gather alot in one area that makes the swamps stand out. Who knows.. but does not seem quiet right.. oh well, wont hurt to make double trips through .. will just take a bit more time.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.