Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - dayban »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 19:59:33

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   dayban
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: dayban  (Read 2146 times)
Tender_Foot

Email

Re: dayban
« Reply #20 on: 03/11/03 at 01:37:02 »
Quote Quote

the reason, is because this is a game ment for all ages. Also, most 5 years olds dont cuss. And along the lines of abreviations and 1 letter bleap in a cussword, i would ban for that if i was a sysop, its the same thing as cussing
IP Logged
Arkanah

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 03/11/03 at 01:45:47 »
Quote Quote

there is a warning when you log on the game that is all you need. you know right from wrong and the laws of the game. deal with it in fact i think your warning should be a day ban. and 2 time should be a week or so.. If staff did not look over this game it would no to hell. not to say all the young kids moms abd dads trying to sue nm for having a all age game with all kid of non "kid teen" talk
IP Logged
dancergurl

Ariella on the game.

dancerchick1805   dancergurl1805
View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 03/18/03 at 23:20:49 »
Quote Quote

ok i just have to say that i agree with despised. We dont know how young some of these kids are that are on this game. And yes, there is the warning in the text right when you log on stating that if you swear you will be banded. Simple as that, just follow the rules people. No matter how angry you are that is no excuse to swear. There are other things you could do/say instead of it. Also instead of going and getting your panties in a bunch over getting banded just remember that its just a game. ok. thats all.  Wink
IP Logged

Don't take things so seriously! It's just a game!
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 03/19/03 at 00:46:22 »
Quote Quote

I think the whole rule is BS.
I mean come on, anyone with enough intelligence, to actually play Nightmist(type N and place enter), has already heard Swearing..

whats the big deal? Its just Words.. If you get offended by swearing, then I feel sorry for you.

Swearing for about 90% of the people, is just common..  
The other 10% hear it. They just might not cuss(church people and such).
Sometimes on the forums, I have to go back and reread what I type and take out all the swearing words..

Why? Because its so common.
And it slips in the game from time to time. Not the persons fault at all, its just common..
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #24 on: 03/19/03 at 02:33:59 »
Quote Quote

church people are not the only people who dont cuss, and for that matter cuss themselves. it is just plainly disrespectful to cuss infront of someone.
IP Logged
Momba

Email

« Reply #25 on: 03/19/03 at 14:33:40 »
Quote Quote

In looking over the discussion forum I see you have two post in which you are complaining about being banned for swearing. On this post you asked the question about a warning.
I`m kinda thinking that maybe, just maybe the first time you got banned for swearing shoulda through a red flag up and said,"Hey I`m not aloud to swear in open chat or pages in this game".
In the event that this post is refering to your first time banned for this offense you might have realized that a warning is clearly posted upon logging a crit which reads as follows
As this is a game for all ages you may have your computer banned for up to a week unless you keep all chat clean.

And to think all this time we thought JLH didn`t do anything Wink
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: 03/19/03 at 14:36:29 »
Quote Quote

dude i totally forgot what i wrote in the other thread but all i'm say'n is that when you swear on a crit that crit should be banned. if you swear again on a diff crit your comp should be banned. so like the first crit ban is a warning that sais "if you swear again your comp is gonna be banned".
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 03/19/03 at 17:42:15 »
Quote Quote

on 03/19/03 at 02:33:59, Tender_Foot wrote:
church people are not the only people who dont cuss, and for that matter cuss themselves. it is just plainly disrespectful to cuss infront of someone.

Haha, then there must be a lot of disrespectful people in the world.  And no its not disrespectful, unless your one of those people who hate swearing, which isn't that many.

You remind me of this kid at my school I use to go to, who always says, "You shouldn't do that, you should do your own work, don't cheat, your only hurting yourself."
He always trys to inforce the school rules. Hes like a teacher's pet lol.

Noone ever liked him lol.
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: 03/19/03 at 18:13:06 »
Quote Quote

I think the point is it's disrespectful to cuss in front of people you don't know.

Think of it this way, would you go into a job interview and answer the "Why do you think you are perfect for this job?" with "I've enjoyed f***ing with computers my whole life."

Likewise, do you tell the woman at the drive-thru window you want a g**d**n cheeseburger, or sit at the park surrounded by kids while talking about all the "s**t" you and your buddies did last night?

And no, I don't want to hear that yes you are a spoiled brat who doesn't give a flying pig about your fellow human beings.  

It's amazing the things some people fight against...of all things in NM to complain about, you choose this??
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: 03/19/03 at 18:35:58 »
Quote Quote

there's a big difference between text and spoken word and there is also a big difference between a job interview and a game.

i swer when i'm among friends evenw hen other ppl i don't know are around me. that's the way it is with nm too when i'm among friends i swear it jsut so happens some other ppl might read it too.
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 03/19/03 at 19:40:38 »
Quote Quote

Haven't read through anything but the first post, you're saying that it's lame to be banned without a single warning... EVery time you log on to nightmist, you get a message saying "As this is a game for all ages you may have your computer banned for up to a week unless you keep all chat clean." (at least I do), isn't that enough?
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: 03/19/03 at 20:00:04 »
Quote Quote

on 03/19/03 at 14:36:29, wonderful_nightmare wrote:
dude i totally forgot what i wrote in the other thread but all i'm say'n is that when you swear on a crit that crit should be banned. if you swear again on a diff crit your comp should be banned. so like the first crit ban is a warning that sais "if you swear again your comp is gonna be banned".

read that insomnia that's what i'm say'n :d
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #32 on: 03/19/03 at 20:04:33 »
Quote Quote

Why not just filter out out bad words? "Man I am so hamstering mad I just hamstering got hamstering pk'ed what the hamster is their hamstering problem" Now that would be cool.
IP Logged

heh
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: 03/19/03 at 20:08:42 »
Quote Quote

i agree with that filter em out Cheesy

just like **** and nuts on this forum Cheesy
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: 03/19/03 at 20:10:14 »
Quote Quote

btw i do think you can dayban someone immediately once they swear even when bad words are filtered since there is a way around the filter Cheesy

IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #35 on: 03/19/03 at 20:19:48 »
Quote Quote

well, it would reduce curse words seen in-game. As far as getting around it, its still considered cussing so that's their problem. Unless JLH decides to add things like d a m n or d_a_m_n
IP Logged

heh
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: 03/19/03 at 20:26:07 »
Quote Quote

I will not add a filter, since there is no point, you'll just use *'s or _'s or other letters to change the word but still get the meaning across, which is still a banable offense.
You do not need to swear, and if you do so and get caught, you may get banned as the start message says.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 03/20/03 at 00:57:52 »
Quote Quote

on 03/19/03 at 18:13:06, Valentine wrote:
I think the point is it's disrespectful to cuss in front of people you don't know.

Think of it this way, would you go into a job interview and answer the "Why do you think you are perfect for this job?" with "I've enjoyed f***ing with computers my whole life."

Likewise, do you tell the woman at the drive-thru window you want a g**d**n cheeseburger, or sit at the park surrounded by kids while talking about all the "s**t" you and your buddies did last night?

And no, I don't want to hear that yes you are a spoiled brat who doesn't give a flying pig about your fellow human beings.  

It's amazing the things some people fight against...of all things in NM to complain about, you choose this??

*yawn*, when the hell did NM have to do anything with RL lol.
And, I swear, around friends and people I know, which is basically about 90% of the time.. The other 10% would be job interviews, and such.  

Like I said in my last post, its common for a lot of people.

Spoiled brat? Far From it.. Try use something a little more clever and meaningfull then that over used frased which you based your point of views from someone you've never seen in RL.. You can't make any sort of judgement, you have not seen me in RL, and have no idea how I act.  

And, val, why not go waste time else where, then try make some smart *** reply to my post.. I could really careless about your useless views.

IP Logged

Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #38 on: 03/20/03 at 15:38:21 »
Quote Quote

on 03/20/03 at 00:57:52, Oblivion wrote:
And, val, why not go waste time else where, then try make some smart *** reply to my post.. I could really careless about your useless views.

Then don't honor them with a reply Smiley.
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 03/21/03 at 02:16:12 »
Quote Quote

on 03/20/03 at 15:38:21, Valentine wrote:

Then don't honor them with a reply Smiley.

Well, unlike you, my reply wasn't being a smart ***..
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.