Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Quest »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/29/24 at 01:35:30

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Comments
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Quest
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Quest  (Read 2161 times)
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

Quest
« on: 08/23/03 at 05:00:53 »

I think it was good to make a quest, but could there be something a bit more...interesting than having to find a particular weapon to hit a box with?  Couldnt there be something set-up where a 1 time boss of some kind appears somewhere and people have to find it and kill it or something that atleast involves more than walking around looking for weak weapons to hit chests with...i just really think that the quests are very poor when they're like that.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

Re: Quest
« Reply #1 on: 08/23/03 at 09:57:40 »

Why do they call it a quest if a journeyman druid can obtain it, its more like a giveaway. A real quest should be stuffed somewhere in the desert, only to be found a week after it was placed, thats a real quest.
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 08/23/03 at 10:35:02 »

Yep, I agree totally. Complete lack of imagination. Then why broadcast the whole thing.
Just leave the chest in the middle of now where. Have the towncriers say a tiny hint.

Even have the quests taking a week to do, as it takes times for different clues to appear or to be figured out. Quests are too simple, and arent planned or thought out.

The thief quest was the closet thing to a real quest we've seen in ages. Although that was over and done with way to quickly.
IP Logged
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #3 on: 08/23/03 at 10:36:47 »

Yeah, not to mention the fact that the n00b who got the item is now ranked second in game Roll Eyes  

(Talking about the Boots of Haste)
IP Logged
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 08/23/03 at 14:40:44 »

Well I'm sure pandilex wont do another quest for you then if it was that bad. I say good try pandilex but they are not easily satisfied. Maybe if we devote a whole day to a quest there might be someone with gratitude? Alot of our time though and there will probably be more complaints than compliments as usual so you see why it's not worth our while?
IP Logged
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 08/23/03 at 14:47:33 »

Lol, nice rp there, k time to make a quest. Lets dump an item on a square and give a system message that its there. First one gets it  Roll Eyes

Its not even a quest its a gift.

how in the hell should a journeyman be able to get an item like that. u shouldve put the quest somewhere where almost noone comes, defend it by 3 ultimate monsters etc. This, this was just a present for whoever tripped over it first.
IP Logged
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #6 on: 08/23/03 at 16:01:20 »

on 08/23/03 at 14:40:44, Oracle wrote:
Well I'm sure pandilex wont do another quest for you then if it was that bad. I say good try pandilex but they are not easily satisfied. Maybe if we devote a whole day to a quest there might be someone with gratitude? Alot of our time though and there will probably be more complaints than compliments as usual so you see why it's not worth our while?

Cut the bullsh*t. Pandilex said himself that he doesn't like having the 'balance of power' distrubted.. and yet a new player to the game already has the best weapon in game, 17 mill gold and several one a day items and frankly.. theres no ****ing way that should happen.
IP Logged
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 08/23/03 at 16:05:32 »

Has anyone ever considered that the way you say things may make the difference? The way things are said here, it wouldn't surprise me if none of the staff are willing to even think about a "real" quest.

Instead of  

"that wasn't even a quest, it was a waste of system broadcasts, boring and stupid"

try

"I appreciate that you took the time to give us something out of the ordinary, but I have a few ideas how to make quests more interesting and longer lasting".

See which one gets more positive response from staff.
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #8 on: 08/23/03 at 16:13:44 »

I don't care if there response is positive or not, I'll still say what I think.
IP Logged
Astrona

~*Ðã®k Ðïvïñîtÿ*~

KCsDrkAngel@aol.com
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: 08/23/03 at 16:34:42 »

Saying what you think gets you no where unless you say it right. But hey, if you want to waste your breath, be my guest.  

Why should the staff do absolutely anything to attempt to amuse you people, when all you give them is grief or downgrade them for it. Cut the whining already. They don't have to do anything for you what so ever. At least they gave you all the chance to get a questie item period. They didn't even have to do that. How they went about it was their buisness. Sure it may not have been the funnest and most amusing way, but they did it at least.

Now on the topic of improving quests. If you would have said it in a better form, as Lady_Maha said, on the Suggestions Forum I bet the staff would have taken your ideas into consideration. It would be a good idea, yes, to have some occasional difficult quests.  

The staff on the other hand do actually have lives other then bowing down to everyones little whine or problem on this game. Considering all of the whines about cheating, thefts, etc that keep them busy with their current gametime, when should they fit in time to create a quest? Possibly they should just stay cloaked and tell all the players to go to *cough* for awhile so they can plan out these fun and interesting activities for you. Of course, then you all would just whine about staff always doing other stuff and not being around to monitor trades. Viscious cycle isn't it?

Look at it from a staff members point of view for once. They work to make new areas for you people to roam around in, they work to fix bugs, run moshes, monitor trades, fix instances of cheating, create new monsters, etc and so forth. Have any of you actually ever looked at the offline developer? All the grid commands that are put into just one square. Yet the staff members make huge areas for you people, taking the time to get out all the bugs, yet the areas are still just flamed. Sort of discouraging don't you think? They didn't have to make the area for you at all to explore, and they didn't have to put all that time and effort into it. Yet they did, to add some more enjoyment and places for players to explore, yet still, they are criticized. Not even constructively, but flat out rudely.

A staff member now, takes the time to make a quest, whether it be grand or not, and he's just flamed. He didn't have to do it period. But he did. None of the staff have to do any of this for any of you. And I'm sure they do have much better things to do.

There's a very bold line between rude and constructive criticism and it's about time the players on this game realize that, before the staff give up on you ungrateful morons and there is no game for you to pregnant dog about.

So how about instead of being ungrateful little ingrids, you show the staff members some respect for once for all of the things they do do, instead of the things they don't. Sure, there's other things a lot of players would like to see happen in the game, including myself. But this isn't the way to go about it. Try some common courtesy, it might get you somewhere. The staff have no obligation to do anything for you. Don't forget that.

And then on another gripe, you people want to flame staff for the stupidest crap, yet half of you can't even post threads on the right dang part of the forum! Really. How difficult is that. If you scan over the forum so many threads have been moved recently. Is it really all that difficult to post things in the right place? Sure, some topics are iffy, but most of these are common sense. Give me a break. Just another thing to waste staffies time with. Having to fix everyones moronic placement of their posts on this forum, which, again, the staff don't even have to provide you with to pregnant dog upon.

This entire thread itself disgusts me, along with many of the other ones on this forum, and frankly I'm sick of it. It's about time this dirt stops.

Edit: Fixed a typo.
« Last Edit: 08/23/03 at 17:00:44 by Astrona » IP Logged

~Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you from experience!~
Alucard

I Am Adrian Farenheights Tepes

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 08/23/03 at 16:44:03 »

I agree with Astrona and Maha on this one. But on another note. Why do all you Guys Post insults and say sh*t is so boring and the staff aint doing anything to Improve the game, let me tell you what i have been around for a long azz time i think pandilex,JLH,Oracle should be pated on the back for all they have done for Us and maybe we should respect that they have other things to do then listen to you B*Tch and Moan about Stupid stuff like make "real" Quests and make better stats etc. i Think you all need to grow the F*ck up or just Leave this game if its so F*cking Boring and lame to you, seriously, i Respect Pandi,JLH anmd oracle for all they have done to make this game so great to play, but what do they get. they get Rude and disguesting insults from the players of nightmist how the game aint Good enough or this area sucks or the exp here sux, perfeeribly i suggest anyone who has something rude and disrespectful to say leave nightmist and shut the Hell up.
IP Logged

Death Comes Upon Those Stubborn Enough To Face It,But Eternal Life Only Comes To Those Who Are Willing To Accept It.
Astrona

~*Ðã®k Ðïvïñîtÿ*~

KCsDrkAngel@aol.com
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 08/23/03 at 16:46:27 »

on 08/23/03 at 16:44:03, ImmortalCriminal wrote:
perfeeribly i suggest anyone who has something rude and disrespectful to say leave nightmist and shut the Hell up.

Cheers to that!!
IP Logged

~Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you from experience!~
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #12 on: 08/23/03 at 16:56:51 »

on 08/23/03 at 16:34:42, Astrona wrote:
Saying what you think gets you no where unless you say it right. But hey, if you want to waste your breath, be my guest.

Same goes to you. I didn't read a word of your pointless crap.

Edit: Except that bit, gave up after that.
IP Logged
Astrona

~*Ðã®k Ðïvïñîtÿ*~

KCsDrkAngel@aol.com
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: 08/23/03 at 17:09:04 »

If you didn't read it, kudo's to you. I don't really care. Other people will read it though and possibly learn something from it, and it's about time someone does. I can not possibly stress anymore this line:

on 08/23/03 at 16:44:03, ImmortalCriminal wrote:
i suggest anyone who has something rude and disrespectful to say leave nightmist and shut the Hell up.

Edit: And you may believe what I had said was pointless, but I presented it properly. Explaining fully my point, and not just utterly flaming you guys for how stupid you're being. I properly puncuated, and spaced out my post to make it easier to read. Something a lot of people on this forum can't seem to handle.
IP Logged

Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #14 on: 08/23/03 at 17:21:19 »

Believe it or not, what I say is normally to improve Nightmist. None of you people seem to have the courage to say whats wrong with the game, you just sit there and kiss up to the staff in fear of being moaned at. How to you expect the game to improve if your all too scared to post about whats wrong with it?
IP Logged
Astrona

~*Ðã®k Ðïvïñîtÿ*~

KCsDrkAngel@aol.com
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: 08/23/03 at 17:24:50 »

As I've said before, there's two forms of criticism. Rude, and Constructive. I wasn't fully directing what I said towards you, although for some reason you seem to believe I did. Yes, in this thread, your choice of criticism was rude, I can't say for your others, because I'm not in the mood to look through at them. Yes staff should be notified of what's wrong with the game in order to improve it, but not like that.

Edit: And no, it seems like people are to scared to COMPLIMENT the staff by the looks of this forum.
IP Logged

Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 08/23/03 at 17:25:49 »

Has anyone else noticed that 75% of these posts have not been about making better quests?
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #17 on: 08/23/03 at 17:30:49 »

on 08/23/03 at 17:24:50, Astrona wrote:
wasn't fully directing what I said towards you, although for some reason you seem to believe I did.

How am I meant to know who you aim your comments at? Most of the time you just say 'some of you' or 'most of you'... How am I meant to know if that includes me or not?
IP Logged
Astrona

~*Ðã®k Ðïvïñîtÿ*~

KCsDrkAngel@aol.com
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: 08/23/03 at 17:35:45 »

People know if they're doing any of the things that I've mentioned thereof. If you believe I directed it towards you possibly it's a guilty concience. If not, kudos to ya.
IP Logged

Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 08/23/03 at 17:41:48 »

[quote author=-Gaddy- link=board=Comments;num=1061611253;start=0#0 date=08/23/03 at 05:00:53]I think it was good to make a quest, but could there be something a bit more...interesting than having to find a particular weapon to hit a box with? [quote]

..you mean like that..where i said good stuff, but said i thought it could be made a whole lot better
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Pages: 1 2 3  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.