Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Quest »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/28/24 at 22:30:26

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Comments
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Quest
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Quest  (Read 2160 times)
Astrona

~*Ðã®k Ðïvïñîtÿ*~

KCsDrkAngel@aol.com
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Quest
« Reply #20 on: 08/23/03 at 17:45:46 »

Yes, your post was fine, possibly would have been better in the Suggestions Forum..if you were Suggesting it..rather then commenting about the current way Moshes are run..But either way..You did post it pretty well. Wasn't overly negative. And explained what you'd like. Some of the replies to ur post though..well..You get the idea.

Edit: Instead of calling the current form of questing poor though, it would have been better to merely suggest a new form of quest occasionally. Calling something poor etc, can encite, well the following posts after yours on this thread..
IP Logged

~Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you from experience!~
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 08/23/03 at 17:47:29 »

d**n, why do u ppl always have to kiss up to staff. We know they do good, we tell them enough on posts, but there are times when they screw up, and we told them that as well. Maybe a little harsh for u, but it wasnt directed to u ppl, staff can take care of themselves. they dont need mommy Maha and Astrona to help them.
IP Logged
Astrona

~*Ðã®k Ðïvïñîtÿ*~

KCsDrkAngel@aol.com
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: 08/23/03 at 17:49:00 »

I don't kiss up to staff. I respect them unlike some people here. And no, staff don't receive near enough compliments for what they do. And most of the negativity thrown towards them is worded improperly or totally unneccesary period.
IP Logged

~Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you from experience!~
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 08/23/03 at 17:50:36 »

on 08/23/03 at 17:49:00, Astrona wrote:
I don't kiss up to staff.

Wrong answer.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Astrona

~*Ðã®k Ðïvïñîtÿ*~

KCsDrkAngel@aol.com
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: 08/23/03 at 17:52:57 »

I don't, and hold no need to. I just hold a high value of respect for what they do. If you can't handle that, tough.
IP Logged

Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 08/23/03 at 17:55:31 »

I have quite alot of respect for them too. But I don't go around shooting down everything that is said that is in anyway negative about them. I agree some people are turnipes when they talk about staff. But I haven't seen it in this thread.

Two words - "Constructive Criticism"
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 08/23/03 at 17:56:21 »

on 08/23/03 at 17:52:57, Astrona wrote:
I don't, and hold no need to. I just hold a high value of respect for what they do. If you can't handle that, tough.

And we dont, i even think Pandi couldnt care less about u. Just some girl trying to look good, by saying we're wrong cuz we said a bad thingy against staff. Anyways, i wouldnt get what that noob has in 2 years of playing and he logs on sees a chest bashes it and becomes one of the most powerfull players in NM.
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 08/23/03 at 17:58:58 »

stop ****ing bickering back and forth, astrona and lady_maha, sometimes people really dont want to have you tell them how to talk and stuff and you just need to let them be.  

Lady_maha stopped, i was just saying because she often tells people to be more mature..and can because she does behave maturly and is one of my old friends in game.

astrona and sausage- stfu no one cares.

i was commenting on the quests where jess got bos and this one where boots of haste were given...because i personally dont think they're quests at all...yes like they said...more like giving away new items, it seems to me that they should be something more creative.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Astrona

~*Ðã®k Ðïvïñîtÿ*~

KCsDrkAngel@aol.com
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: 08/23/03 at 18:00:23 »

What was being said about the current quests are not Constructive Criticism. And personally I could care less what Pandi thinks about me. Actually I don't believe he likes me that much at all. But that's besides the point. And if you look over this forum, I don't shoot down everything negative said about them. Open your eyes and quit assuming/saying false things. That could be considered slander considering the lack of proof towards those comments. I've said what I wanted to say on this thread. My purpose here was not to argue senseless things with people who just seem to enjoy flaming me for some reason
IP Logged

Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 08/23/03 at 18:01:20 »

WTF gaddy..... I don't like Astrona one bit. I think you might have misunderstood my post.....
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 08/23/03 at 18:02:09 »

on 08/23/03 at 18:00:23, Astrona wrote:
Open your eyes and quit assuming/saying false things

Maybe u should follow ur own advice  Wink
IP Logged
Astrona

~*Ðã®k Ðïvïñîtÿ*~

KCsDrkAngel@aol.com
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: 08/23/03 at 19:49:49 »

Outsider I hold reason for everything I say. I don't just say it because it fits the moment and sounds good.  

Anywho's..! Oracle held a Mosh with a topaz key as the prize. Yay staffies! And no, I'm not sucking up, I have no reason to, I'm married to him. I'm surprised he did though after this mess.
IP Logged

Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 08/23/03 at 19:55:36 »

Personally I think all you whiners should quit your pregnant doging. Staff don't have to do the quests, but they do. Granted in your eyes it may have been lacking, but it was something none the less. And why shouldn't low lvls have the oppotunity to get rare items? If people continue to complain when there's a quest...they may just not do them at all... I don't see why you can't just thank staff for the opportunity and go on your merry way.
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
Bill
England 

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 08/23/03 at 19:56:48 »

I agree, there need to be more/more challenging quests, i believe this isn't the first time something like this has happened, i think their was a similar box south of NM a while ago and i heard something about someone attacking Storage Cabinet with a rubber knife and getting something else, nevermind that...  

What i suggest is that we form a player quest team (again), there has been a few, i think krillick made one or something before he kinda dissapearred and i was also part of one once that never actually happened.  Undecided

The players involved wouldn't nessicerily (sp) need special abilities, they would just get together and come up with quest ideas and then get help from staff or something.

meh...
IP Logged
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #34 on: 08/23/03 at 20:13:07 »

I have to agree with Mephistroth on the power balance thing. Also with Outsider about that person acquiring than he could in two years of gameplay. To be honest, I find it quite ridiculous that a player of that stature in the game, can have all this nice stuff and not even know how to use it! I bet you his crits will be under xp in no time because he doesn't even know about the half damage rule. Yes, new players should get a chance too, however, they are new players and must earn their way to the top. As far as considering that box a quest, It was more of a glorified riddle. Although I can't see why Pandilex said to try one word commands to open it when you had to attack it. Some things are beyond my comprehension.

Now, for the on-topic part, heh.

I would love to see something that could actually alter the world of Nightmist. Sure, you can say these monsters are attacking towns, but in actuality, they are just placed there to slay and drop some cool item. I ask again, is that a quest? What I propose is a real-time version of what happened to Jahanna, except over the entire map. It will not be about getting the last hit in on a monster and obtaining some cool item. It will be about home, your city, the safety of the realm of Nightmist! Players must band together in order to stop the vile monster armies to defend their cities. That is a quest. A chance to become a hero, or a chance to become a dark emissary.
IP Logged

Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 08/23/03 at 20:17:04 »

on 08/23/03 at 20:13:07, CPG wrote:
Although I can't see why Pandilex said to try one word commands to open it when you had to attack it. Some things are beyond my comprehension.

/examine in order to get the spade.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: 08/23/03 at 20:39:42 »

They ****ed up, they prolly know it. I dont care i still play as i played before, nothing changes for me. I was just pointing out that it was a stupid idea, IF u wanne do quests then do it right or dont do it all. I doubt staff thought this threw, otherwise this never would've been happened.
IP Logged
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 08/23/03 at 20:43:35 »

sausage i think you mis understood..pandilex was telling us all to use 1 word commands on the d**n box, and then someone comes up and hit it with a spade and happend to get it..seems odd to me that we'd be getting told to do something that wouldnt open it, then people come to hit it with the exact weapon to kill it, Jen had figured on getting the spade too as i understand and she said that the kid who used the spade had taken the one that she'd just done /examine for...how did they know not to use word commands...and why did pandilex get us all confused trying to talk to the box?
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 08/23/03 at 20:46:18 »

Ya true.. The "quest" should have been thought through better and hopefully there will be better quests in the future. I'm done posting in this topic now.  Cheesy
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 08/23/03 at 20:56:49 »

That is exactly what I was trying to say.  I am done on this topic also.
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

Pages: 1 2 3  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.