Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Annoying Pacifists »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/26/24 at 21:38:56

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Comments
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Annoying Pacifists
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Annoying Pacifists  (Read 3730 times)
AlecxZeck-P1C

Psionic Knight 1st Class

View Profile

Annoying Pacifists
« on: 08/20/03 at 16:06:51 »
Quote Quote

While I sit in the Barracks minding my own business, leveling my Clerics, there are quite a few Pacifists that have no regard to one's leveling.  They come up, take the kill of my Demonic Soldier, not to mention the lack of Soldiers IN the Barracks--  Now what can I do about it?  Obviously, not a d**n thing.

In my personal opinion, Pacifists were a horrible idea, for the fact that they can't be killed--  even though they have their own spells that can prevent themselves from being killed.  I have a Expert Pacifist of my own, so I'm not dictating anything.  Pacifists are good for making gold, and of course people who have them aren't going to complain, but I'm looking at it from both sides.

Whether Staff want to come up with a situation about this, or not--  this is screwing the balance of Pacifist/Cleric/Paladin relations to hell.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as 'impossible', only those with out suitibly dedicated followers. - Serena Butler
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

Re: Annoying Pacifists
« Reply #1 on: 08/20/03 at 16:19:10 »
Quote Quote

I've noticed this as well. I love my pacifist. But it is very annoying when they come up and steal your kills. Prolly the reason that they are stealing kills is because there is such a lack of Demonics. I try my hardest not to steal a kill. When it does accidently happen I give the person his/her money back.  

Although in the Museum it is a completely different story. All the Pacifists leave each other to thier own. Even the big parties that come up there are pretty good about not stealing kills. Although there is the occasional party that will stop at nothing to get gold/exp. *cough*quark*cough*  Cheesy
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
AlecxZeck-P1C

Psionic Knight 1st Class

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 08/20/03 at 16:26:48 »
Quote Quote

I have already brought up the idea of an extension to the Barracks, and JLH said that he's working on it, which means it should be in within a week, to 6 months.  My hopes aren't up, anytime soon.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as 'impossible', only those with out suitibly dedicated followers. - Serena Butler
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 08/20/03 at 16:29:03 »
Quote Quote

I'm looking foward to the barracks extension. But just like you said,  

Quote:
which means it should be in within a week, to 6 months.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
AlecxZeck-P1C

Psionic Knight 1st Class

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 08/20/03 at 16:48:23 »
Quote Quote

Example

Harath damaged a Demonic Soldier by healing it.
A Demonic Soldier attacked you with its Short Sword for 29 points of damage.
Sausage_Pacifist takes a look around.
Sausage_Pacifist just went North.
A Demonic Soldier tried to attack Harath with its Short Sword but Harath dodged the blow.
Moosuka just arrived from the West.
A Demonic Soldier attacked Moosuka with its Short Sword.
A Demonic Soldier attacked Moosuka with its Short Sword.
Moosuka cast Depurate Undead on a Demonic Soldier.
A Demonic Soldier attacked Harath with its Short Sword.
Cycle: Moronic annoyance.
You healed a Demonic Soldier for 82 points of damage.
You healed a Demonic Soldier for 81 points of damage. Killing it.
You got 152 gold pieces.
Demonic Soldier: The master will deal with you now.
Cycle: Not takin' my kill.

Now, I'd have had me a good 75K ExP left on that Demonic Soldier.
IP Logged

Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 08/20/03 at 16:50:38 »
Quote Quote

It is ESPECIALLY annoying at low levels. That's when I really get irritated. But it's always annoying.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 08/20/03 at 17:17:49 »
Quote Quote

Atleast they haven't casted subdue on you, nothing more annoying than training and out of nowhere some pacifist comes up and subdues your crits.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 08/20/03 at 17:19:28 »
Quote Quote

Ya, that sounds pretty annoying.  Cheesy
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
AlecxZeck-P1C

Psionic Knight 1st Class

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 08/20/03 at 22:31:26 »
Quote Quote

When there's a party leveling their Clerics, and they PK me more than once, I log on my Pacifist and Subdue their Clerics.  If you're gonna sit there and PK me for leveling, I'll cut you back the time you made me waste,and -then- some, for making me waste my time subdue'in'em.  About the only thing I can see useful about them, besides making money.
IP Logged

Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 08/20/03 at 23:35:26 »
Quote Quote

Well, ya'll shouldn't be complaining.. when JLH has said.. he planned on expanding the racks.. for you oh so lovely people.
IP Logged

»*^¤·º×~° Ghêttø Qüêèñ °~׺¤·^*«
Nightmist Legend

Email

« Reply #10 on: 08/20/03 at 23:38:00 »
Quote Quote

Then more and more Pacifists will go there, knowing there is an expanded area, and the same problem will happen.
IP Logged
deSade
United_Kingdom 

Bloody crumbs everywhere!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 08/20/03 at 23:45:58 »
Quote Quote

Yep instead of cussing some1 for pking me, I now just log on my paci and follow them around putting subdue on them!  Tongue

Some might call that childish, others delicious irony. But I'm guessing the whole point of pacifists is to make people think about pking rather than just hitting ppl indiscriminately and if this action stops ppl for 1 sec and thinking before pking just whoever crosses their path, then job done!

Plus its not only paci's that rob kills. Lots of times I've spent ages wearing down a boss only for a thief, mage or whatever to swoop in and take the kill.

Hugh
IP Logged

ßí§ÇÚít Mħ±€®
AlecxZeck-P1C

Psionic Knight 1st Class

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 08/21/03 at 06:26:12 »
Quote Quote

Following players is considered Harrassment, I don't know if the Staff of the game think it is.  Just like I think chain-killing is Harrassment.  On the other hand....  if you bump -into- them every now and again and do it is a different story, ironic, eh!?

I'm not a Canadian, eh...  Force of habbit.
IP Logged

Vodka
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 08/21/03 at 07:54:17 »
Quote Quote

on 08/20/03 at 23:38:00, Nightmist Legend wrote:
Then more and more Pacifists will go there, knowing there is an expanded area, and the same problem will happen.

Yeah, that might be true.. but, when it gets expanded.. there'll be more places for you to run around. It gets a bit better if you decide to hit zeum.. I've had several kills stolen.. because they didn't see me with their big party.. and yet, they always gave me the gold they got off it.

Besides, I'm pretty sure this isn't an everyday thing, unless they happen to know you and you have a bad rep.  Undecided
IP Logged

Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 08/21/03 at 10:06:23 »
Quote Quote

To be honest, I don't know too many "big players" that are running around in the zeum. But even when they do steal my kill, which happens when they have a big party and they can't see me, about 75% of the time they give my money back. It's just alot more umm... "friendlier" up there.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #15 on: 08/22/03 at 04:11:43 »
Quote Quote

on 08/21/03 at 06:26:12, AlecxZeck-P1C wrote:
  Following players is considered Harrassment, I don't know if the Staff of the game think it is.  

Then why can certain crits track?
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Vodka
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 08/22/03 at 04:14:15 »
Quote Quote

on 08/21/03 at 10:06:23, Sausage wrote:
To be honest, I don't know too many "big players" that are running around in the zeum. But even when they do steal my kill, which happens when they have a big party and they can't see me, about 75% of the time they give my money back. It's just alot more umm... "friendlier" up there.

They're probably more "friendlier" since.. they can't pk you.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

AlecxZeck-P1C

Psionic Knight 1st Class

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 08/22/03 at 04:16:06 »
Quote Quote

That's gotta be the single most, well I'll be nice and say dumb thing I've heard this past week.  They track to PK someone, if you would have read, it would be considered harrassment to constantly follow someone and subdue them/chain kill them.  After you kill someone, you're not tracking them anymore, now are you?
IP Logged

Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: 08/22/03 at 05:47:58 »
Quote Quote

Fact is that there are crits who can track, making following for them easy, hence it is allowed. If a crit that can't track follows you, whatever reason they do it for, it's not any less legal than using a tracking ability. A thief may follow you to steal gold, others to pk, and some pacis to cast subdue.

It doesn't mean I am approving of them doing so, I know I use my mana and time for better things, but nowhere in the game rules does it say they aren't allowed, so eat this dumb thing.
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
DannysGirl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 08/22/03 at 06:54:22 »
Quote Quote

when people are asigned the job to tell your clan when a certain enemy logs on, and they tell their clan they have logged on, and then certain people in that clan are assigned to watch those peoples profile to see where thier training, and then they send out people to kill the certain person/people thier watching *seen it happen quite a few times and was even told by people who were doing it*, it does seem pretty much like harassment, wether the staff think it is or not, it's pretty much saying we dont like you so we're not going to let you play... but anyways, paci's are greatly annoying and do greatly upset the balance of the game.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.