Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Annoying Pacifists »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
03/29/24 at 10:06:10

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Comments
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Annoying Pacifists
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Annoying Pacifists  (Read 3719 times)
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

Re: Annoying Pacifists
« Reply #20 on: 08/22/03 at 08:51:42 »
Quote Quote

Harassment is chasing you around to annoy you by talking to you, paging you, memoing you. The many methods of finding out where you are to pk you have nothing to do with harassment, neither does pking in itself, it's part of the game.

As for pacifists being annoying, granted, there are those who abuse pacifist spells to annoy people, but there are also those who don't. Those who train, make gold, and maybe cast the occasional JZ to chat with a friend in peace.

JLH already agreed to extend the barracks, and hopefully there will be more areas with undead monsters some time in the future. I am sure if there was a sudden swarm of clerics or paladins, people would find them annoying too, simply because there aren't enough undead monsters for everyone.
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 08/22/03 at 09:16:17 »
Quote Quote

on 08/22/03 at 08:51:42, Lady_Maha wrote:
Harassment is chasing you around to annoy you by talking to you, paging you, memoing you.

I agree to a certain extent. I always thought having someone stalkerish.. was a form of harassment. *shrugs*
IP Logged

»*^¤·º×~° Ghêttø Qüêèñ °~׺¤·^*«
AlecxZeck-P1C

Psionic Knight 1st Class

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 08/22/03 at 18:22:02 »
Quote Quote

Harassment is chasing you around to annoy you by talking to you, paging you, memoing you.

There's more than those three forms of harrassment.

The many methods of finding out where you are to pk you have nothing to do with harassment, neither does pking in itself, it's part of the game.

That's just not true.  If you kill someone, and constantly hunt them to PK them, that is considered harrassment.  PKing is apart of the game, yes--  but so is leveling.  Chain-Killing -is- harrassment.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as 'impossible', only those with out suitibly dedicated followers. - Serena Butler
Rolan

I am Beladriend ingame.

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 08/22/03 at 22:39:52 »
Quote Quote

Clerics seem to like to steal kills too  Roll Eyes . . . It's not just paci's . . .

You healed a Demonic Soldier for 52 points of damage.
A Demonic Soldier attacked you with its Short Sword for 33 points of damage.
You attempted to cast a spell, but it fizzled out.
The Demonic Soldier looks at you with a glint of pure evil in its eyes, its only desire in life seems to be to destroy other living things. The Soldier is carrying a short sword and is protected by light armor. The Demonic Soldier has been slightly wounded.
You are too exhausted at the moment.
A Demonic Soldier tried to attack you with its Short Sword but your armor blocked the blow.
A Demonic Soldier attacked you with its Short Sword for 29 points of damage.
You healed yourself by 51 hp.
Threat, Puppet, Trap just arrived from the South.
Threat, Puppet, Trap just went East.
You don't see a puppet here with you.
Threat, Puppet, Trap just arrived from the East.
Threat damaged a Demonic Soldier by healing it.
Threat damaged a Demonic Soldier by healing it.
Puppet damaged a Demonic Soldier by healing it.
A Demonic Soldier attacked you with its Short Sword but you were mostly shielded by your armor for 8 points of damage.
The Mosh Server: Magoo was ripped to shreds by Dimension's rapid fire from his Enchanted Bow.
Trap damaged a Demonic Soldier by healing it.
Trap damaged a Demonic Soldier by healing it.
Trap damaged a Demonic Soldier by healing it. Killing it.
Demonic Soldier: The master will deal with you now.
Cycle, Harath just arrived from the South.
Cycle, Harath just went East.
Threat, Puppet, Trap just went East.
IP Logged

~$Beladriend$~
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #24 on: 08/22/03 at 22:45:35 »
Quote Quote

It was slightly.. I wouldn't call that kill stealing, if it was mort when they came in to kill it then yes but you hardly did any damage to it.
IP Logged
Rolan

I am Beladriend ingame.

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 08/23/03 at 04:58:57 »
Quote Quote

Regardless, when you see someone sitting at a monster, you continue on, finding one that nobody is training at. It's like etiqeut <sp?
IP Logged

~$Beladriend$~
Vodka
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 08/24/03 at 10:50:57 »
Quote Quote

I'd just like to clearly state.. how I love when your working on a kill/monster.. and someone comes along.. SEEING you attack the monster.. yet they'll kill it anyways.. saying... "i dont like pacifists lol" before hand. * Vodka rolls her eyes.
IP Logged

The Joker

RyderOfTheNite
View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 08/30/03 at 01:48:35 »
Quote Quote

I'd have to say Pacifist's was the worst idea yet, they are annoying as hell..lil punks come runnin up outta nowhere castin bs on me where i cant attack and stealing my kills...stupid. And I do have a lvl 30 paci and I still wish the idea was never thought of. and rounding yourself on them..gay
IP Logged

¤»^» Thê Jøkêr «^«¤
The Joker

RyderOfTheNite
View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 08/30/03 at 01:53:14 »
Quote Quote

on 08/22/03 at 18:22:02, AlecxZeck-P1C wrote:

If you kill someone, and constantly hunt them to PK them, that is considered harrassment.  PKing is apart of the game, yes--  but so is leveling.  Chain-Killing -is- harrassment.

If people are going to spend time hunting other people down then they prolly deserve it..its time consuming to wait for them to leave town..alot of people on nightmist do deserve it though.
IP Logged

¤»^» Thê Jøkêr «^«¤
Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 08/30/03 at 06:03:25 »
Quote Quote

/nod The Joker
IP Logged

Gangsta Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (do the gangsta walk)
Kalel
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #30 on: 08/31/03 at 06:17:58 »
Quote Quote

I just whent down to the barricks there are about 6 paci's and a big fat 0 On the monster count u can prety much move about the baricks with no problem and when u still one of there kills the subdue you this is just wrong what give them the right to do that? just becuse they didn't get the kill people are just abusing it and pissing other players off by keeping the caves to them selfs and messin with the ppl who just wana train
IP Logged

http://www.venom-gaming.com
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #31 on: 08/31/03 at 23:02:54 »
Quote Quote

rofl.. pacifists are a pain in the ****ing ass. especially when you get some retard like this:

Vehenence just arrived from the West.
Vehenence cast Depurate Undead on a Modern Art Sculpture.
Vehenence cast Depurate Undead on a Modern Art Sculpture. Killing it.
How could you mistreat art so badly!
Vehenence just went West.

Vehenence Pages You from (Hidden): so where u at??
Vehenence Pages You from (Hidden): lol
Vehenence Pages You from (Hidden): lol
Vehenence Pages You from (Hidden): heh shouldnt have said that... i just lvled...
Vehenence Pages You from (Hidden): i think ill stick around awhile now
Vehenence Pages You from (Hidden): lmao
Vehenence Pages You from (Hidden): your funny
Vehenence Pages You from (Hidden): nice one....
IP Logged
Lady_Maha
Germany 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #32 on: 08/31/03 at 23:14:57 »
Quote Quote

I can guarantee you that I am one of those few who don't steal kills with their pacis, I don't cast subdue on other people, nor greater pact, unless asked by them to do so. The only thing I'll do occasionally is cast JZ just for fun.

I know a lot of other pacifists who will have the same respect for other players, and it disturbs me to see that those few (the above mentioned examples) give pacis a bad name.

Personally I tend to chase after those who frequently steal kills and steal their kills to let them have a feel of it. So if you have any other pacis who constantly do this sort of thing, post names and examples and I'll find them. Wink
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 09/01/03 at 00:43:38 »
Quote Quote

In my early Pacifist days, I did steal a few kills. But that was because people were stealing my kills and there were next to no monsters around so that was the only way to get experience. That being said I have never cast Greater Pact or any of those spells on someone just to annoy them. Someone did ask me to cast Greater Pact on them once and I did. And I have only cast JZ once. Kill stealers are annoying. If the monster is at healthy or slightly, I don't see it as stealing a kill though.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Vodka
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 09/01/03 at 08:22:01 »
Quote Quote

on 08/31/03 at 23:14:57, Lady_Maha wrote:
Personally I tend to chase after those who frequently steal kills and steal their kills to let them have a feel of it. So if you have any other pacis who constantly do this sort of thing, post names and examples and I'll find them. Wink

I'll feel bad if I end up stealing their kills. IF someone ends up stealing my kill.. they end up giving me the gold they got off it, no big deal.. but, if the person is going to do it non stop.. then I shall use the skills I do have. Besides, I live in the Zeum.. it's a pretty big size.. so, there's a lot of room for me/anyone else to roam to.
IP Logged

Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 09/02/03 at 00:25:45 »
Quote Quote

You do realize that subdue makes damage dealt AS WELL AS damage dealt TO YOU go half right....

So really it does nothing to you that is of adverse effect... Its not like it makes you have to use more potions or more mana or something stupid like that... Ok maybe more mana if ur a druid or a mage...

ITs not really even that anoyying of a spell... you people get hyped up FAR too easily...

IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Lady_Maha
Germany 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #36 on: 09/02/03 at 03:43:40 »
Quote Quote

The problem subdue causes for the non-paci player is that training takes twice as long while under the spell. So I can understand how it ticks them off. May as well train in the arena, so I only cast it on other players if they ask me for it, and then only if I like them.
IP Logged

Jaded_Soul
USA 

A soul once pure...now turned jaded..

jaded_soul_at_31  
View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 09/02/03 at 14:47:27 »
Quote Quote

When pacifists first came out, I refused to get one. I thought they were a really bad addition to the game. Since that time I have watched others play as one, and see the benefits of having one. They do make mad gold, they are great to play if you need some "alone" time, and they level fast. Awesome crit for a beginner to play.

That being said, it isn't the paci's that are annoying, it is the players behind them who choose to cast spells on others to be annoying. We all put our own personalities into our characters, and they shine through in our actions.

I have only cast subdue on 1 person ( a pally) and only because that person kept stealing my kills. I respect other players enough to keep going along when I see someone else on a square fighting something, unless they ask for help. But then again, I only respect those who respect me.   Wink

IP Logged

Main alts are: Talyn,Mombette,Marissa,et al....
Vodka
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 09/03/03 at 04:12:06 »
Quote Quote

I fully agree with you Jaded.
IP Logged

Lich
Germany 

Death is but the beginning.

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 09/03/03 at 04:34:06 »
Quote Quote

I cast greater pact with my paci on someone else once and only once because i had been in a square where their were three skeletons and had killed one, and was working on the second when this person comes in the square and says I hate pacis so i think Ill steal the kill. Yes he had the balls to say that before he started swinging with his cobalt staff. So i let him have the one i had worked down a bit then cast greater pact on him he was smart he waited while i killed the last skeleton. Then he started to pregnant dog about it and I Smiled as someone stepped in the square. He moved to pk i cast JZ and got not only the gold he stole in the kill but a little more.

Before someone says i should have gave it back it paid to replace the mana that i used to save my last kill. But I like most will leave someone who shows enough respect to move on alone. we are there to train just like you and stealing our kills only helps you.. You all complain about pacis. But it is no different than when you use a higher lvl crit to pk someone who has worked all day.

I think most are only mad because a paci evens the odds your not stronger than they are because they take strength away make it illrelevant. Their are a few who use them to get revenge on the players who have made their lives hell. But then again there are people who do the same when they get a really strong fighter or ranger.  

And the post above of the guy who supposedly gives pacis a bad name where is what you said to him. Everything you posted from him was an answer to something you said so where are your words....lol
IP Logged

Grave digger when you dig my grave, will you make it shallow so I can feel the rain.
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.