Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Broken »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/27/24 at 03:39:29

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Clan Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Broken
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Broken  (Read 21457 times)
Night Angel
USA 

~My little world revolves around me~

fallen_angel_far_from_grace   gigglessb
View Profile

Re: Broken
« Reply #80 on: 06/22/03 at 22:13:09 »
Quote Quote

OK as many of you may know and many may not. Broken has formed a very tight alliance with Murder Inc. just a heads up. if you are wanting to ally with either Broken or Murder Inc you will have to ally with both. if you really need to know the nessaty of this message me and ill tell you.

Edit: Outsider, arent you a school girl??  wow i have been misinformed. lol  Tongue
IP Logged

~The World Annoys Me, You Don't Need To~
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #81 on: 06/25/03 at 20:57:33 »
Quote Quote

I just joined broken and d**n ur clan is funny (not in a good way).

I talked to some new ppl who were also in ur clan one asked me to lend gim 20k cuz he was going to trade a lvl 20 fighter and 20 k for a 6 stat that some guy was busy rolling...uhmm lol

And someone had a 6 stat halfling lvl 5, he also just started playing i guess cuz he didnt really used the crit but he just wanted to keep it.

Dont think both of them knew what it was worth or anything, dont get me wrong ur clan is prolly really cool and stuff but seeing things like that just gets me all .....err well anyways im out again
IP Logged
Lich
Germany 

Death is but the beginning.

View Profile

« Reply #82 on: 06/25/03 at 21:25:51 »
Quote Quote

As far as the person asking you to loan them money well we dont control that. It is up to you if you do it. Next for the guy who just wanted to keep a lvl 5 crit that he never used...shrugs.. That is his to do what he wishes I have crits that I never use anymore but I would not sell. I know how much they are worth and I dont care. Most of the older members of broken come from a time where when you rped you were only allowed to play one crit at a time, unless you started a new one but then the old crit would have to sit on stand buy until you wanted to play him again. So we hold old crits untill later when we feel like playing them.
IP Logged

Grave digger when you dig my grave, will you make it shallow so I can feel the rain.
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #83 on: 06/25/03 at 21:30:50 »
Quote Quote

Well, i thought ppl from broken we're a little more experienced (heh), a guy asking me to loan him 20k for a 6 stat that some guy said he would role and he acctually thinks someone can roll a 6 stat just like that. I even explained it, anyways i need a clan where i can talk to normal players.  

I've seen a lot of members from Broken on the forums but i never saw them ingame (or u ppl are experts on teh forums and adepts ingame  Undecided )
IP Logged
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #84 on: 06/25/03 at 21:37:04 »
Quote Quote

Uhm Outsider man, you have to realize, we accept all levels of crits and people...we let newer players into the clan, we teach them what we know about the game and help them become more experienced, you have to realize not every single member of Broken are as you put it "adepts" in-game, theres alot of older more experienced within this clan as well, I'd like to think I'm one of them because alot of people in the clan turn to me and I give them the best answer I've got, well I guess this is all I have to say on this issue.

In another topic, if you go to the off topic section you'll see my "Goin' Away" post. I will be leaving for awhile and I just like to say I hope you people don't get lazy while I'm gone, keep donating and recruiting new members and thriving to get better and keep the clan in the top 10, I hope to see the clan in good shape when I return.
IP Logged

Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #85 on: 06/25/03 at 21:51:21 »
Quote Quote

First of all I would like to say that I don't support clannies asking other clannies for gold, it even states so on our website.

Having said this, I want to explain the structure of members in our clan.

We have high lvl experienced players, who are willing ot teach other, not so experienced, players what they know about the game.

Yes, we do have a lot of "newbs" in our clan, because unlike some other clans we don't believe in only taking in people with experience. We believe that if shown the right path, every newb can turn into a good player. We don't pack them in cotton candy and give them everything for free, but we help them learn, take them training and teach them to train themselves. Of course you always run into newbs who hope for the easy way (borrowing gold or asking for free gold, items and so on), but we are usually really reluctant in giving those and instead help them to aquire some of their own.

To call us "adept ingame and expert on the forum" is uncalled for. Just because we are not closed to newbs and instead offer them a clan that helps them learn, doesn't mean all clan members are inexperienced. Those who are, won't be for long, that's what our clan is about.
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #86 on: 06/25/03 at 23:00:02 »
Quote Quote

I didnt call u ppl that, i asked, cuz i never see any of u on.

And if someone asks me something like he did, and i give him an answer and then he questions my answer, thats pretty frustrating over and over again
IP Logged
Lady_Maha
Germany 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #87 on: 06/25/03 at 23:28:29 »
Quote Quote

I know it is frustrating, as is any teaching job... and I also know there's some folks who won't learn. I agree that whoever it was that asked you for gold should have listened to you, but some people take a little longer than others.

I'm usually on at weird times, and never the same time.. could be 6am in the morning some days, noon on other days, or sometimes midnight... the rest of the clannies you'd have to ask them. Usually I see most of them around 8pm eastern time...lol...

P.S. If you don't stumble across me ingame, it's usually because I'm running around with my lil mageling who keeps me and my crits invisible...lol
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Lady_Maha
Germany 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #88 on: 06/29/03 at 05:50:41 »
Quote Quote

Recent events have caused us to decide to not allow members of Broken to have alts in any clans but those allied with us. I know for a fact that many other clans handle it the same way, if not stricter than that.

I am aware that this will probably cause a lot of our members to leave the clan (some already did), and we may drop in rank. This is however, a chance I am willing to take.

Just thought I would let everyone know, those who wish to join, and those who may wonder why our clan rank and number of members may be dropping...
IP Logged

Troy
Australia 

DoNt MeSs WiT mE

View Profile WWW

« Reply #89 on: 06/30/03 at 00:27:14 »
Quote Quote

good luck with your clan Maha, I hope it all goes well for you
IP Logged

~*Troy*~
Night Angel
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #90 on: 07/03/03 at 00:42:17 »
Quote Quote

Just to let you all know, i am not gonna be able to be on for awhile. my connection is a POS!! If you need to work out anything with MI please talk to Beblip, Oberon, For_Saken, or Sorry_Taken. thank you much and i hope ill be back soon.
IP Logged

Lady_Maha
Germany 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #91 on: 07/11/03 at 05:05:31 »
Quote Quote

Reading the Tao Te Ching I found something that matches our clan, so I decided to post it here.

If you want to become whole,  
first let yourself become broken.  
If you want to become straight,  
first let yourself become twisted.  
If you want to become full,  
first let yourself become empty.  
If you want to become new,  
first let yourself become old.  
Those whose desires are few gets them,  
those whose desires are great go astray.  

For this reason the Master embraces the Tao,  
as an example for the world to follow.  
Because she isn't self centered,  
people can see the light in her.  
Because she does not boast of herself,  
she becomes a shining example.  
Because she does not glorify herself,  
she becomes a person of merit.  
Because she wants nothing from the world,  
the world can not overcome her.  

When the ancient Masters said,  
"If you want to become whole,  
then first let yourself be broken,"  
they weren't using empty words.  
All who do this will be made complete.  

IP Logged

Lady_Maha
Germany 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #92 on: 07/12/03 at 18:32:27 »
Quote Quote

The Broken, ranked 4, with score 2350, consists of 349 members and 30 rooms! Can I hear a woot?  Wink

Thanks to Lich and Astrona for the dedication! Wouldn't have been possible without you two!
IP Logged

Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #93 on: 07/12/03 at 19:50:47 »
Quote Quote

w0ot w0ot!

I go away for a little bit to WL and I come back and see this crazy shyt, good job Lich and Strona.
IP Logged

Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #94 on: 07/12/03 at 20:12:43 »
Quote Quote

Hurray!
IP Logged
Bahashabeem
USA 

Eat rockets!!

n/a   Froggie131
View Profile

« Reply #95 on: 07/12/03 at 22:30:20 »
Quote Quote

*clap* *clap* *clap* I bought one room and Astrona got the rest way to be. I even took a move to Foundership yay for me n yay for Broken. Lol just as funny as the old NBM.
IP Logged

I'm a happy go lucky guy.......Till ya piss me off!Crits ~~ Bahashabeem ~~ Krazyjoker ~~ Kobiyashi ~~Ragnorak
Night Angel
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #96 on: 07/13/03 at 03:36:54 »
Quote Quote

wonderful newbs. *kisses Lady Maharet and ShadowMaster* (Lich my dream walker meanie head) i am so happy for you being able to advance and i hope you advance futher. MI should join you soon and we will rule and be great together. i hope.

*kisses to all*
IP Logged

Lady_Maha
Germany 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #97 on: 07/14/03 at 02:46:47 »
Quote Quote

Hate to brag again, but this is worth posting:

The Broken, ranked 3, with score 2496, consists of 370 members and 31 rooms!
IP Logged

Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #98 on: 07/14/03 at 03:07:19 »
Quote Quote

crap, i'm more worried about broken gettin to #1 than i am DA.

grats maha
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #99 on: 07/14/03 at 03:12:54 »
Quote Quote

Go Broken!
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« No topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.