Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Ogre Mountain/Unicorn Valley »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/14/24 at 16:27:16

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Ogre Mountain/Unicorn Valley
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ogre Mountain/Unicorn Valley  (Read 1036 times)
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

Ogre Mountain/Unicorn Valley
« on: 05/03/03 at 23:51:50 »
Quote Quote

Storyline:
Since the beginning of the world the Unicorns lived in their sheltered valley, undiscovered by the population of this realm, not hunted by the darkness that ruled over the lands. The path to the valley was hidden to the eyes of good or evil by mountains that were believed to be the death of every creature daring to enter, and the only creature who knew the secret to reach this place was the Unicorn mother, a shy old woman, who received her name by tending to the Unicorns. Then the beast arrived... nobody knew for sure where it came from, and how it found the sheltered valley. Some say it was sent by the dark forces, others claim it had been there all along, but sleeping for thousands of years, all that is known for sure now is that the beast spawned other beasts, and now has taken over part of the formerly peaceful Unicorn valley, threatening the very existence of the most peaceful creatures known.

The way to the actual Unicorn Valley would be via the Ogre Mountain.

Description examples:

/grid1: You are travelling on a trampled path, and judging by the thickets that are overgrowing it, it hasn't seen travellers for a long time. You can barely make out the spot to the North where the path continues in a downslope.
/grid2: Bushes and fallen over trees make your journey difficult. The vegetation is slowly taking control of the path, and you wonder when it was tread upon the last time.
Lady_Maha pages you from Ogre Mountain (trampled path): I dun wanna be here!

The mountain area would be populated by Ogres (as the name already says) and snakes of all sizes.

The Unicorn Valley itself would be populated with Unicorns (of course) but also the beasts that kill them.

/grid1: You are standing in a lush meadow. The healthy green of the grass and the soft chirping of birds seems almost too peaceful to be real. The valley spreads out to your South, East and West.
/grid2:  As you enjoy the peaceful surroundings, you suddenly realize that it may not be this peaceful after all. The faint smell of burnt flesh that you just now notice is sending shivers down your spine, and as you look about you you see a few patches of grass that look as if they are just now recovering from being burned.
Lady_Maha pages you from Unicorn Valley (lush meadow): Ain't it lovely?

Unicorn Valley would be populated with Unicorns (of course), all the known forest creatures (bears, snakes and the likes) and the occasional wurms (spawns of the great beast)

The area taken over by the "beast" would look somewhat like this:

/grid1: You are standing in what formerly might have been a paradise, but has now been destroyed. The smell of death and decay is thick enough to almost make you vomit. The horror continues to the East and West.
/grid2: What used to be healthy vegetation is now dead, burned and rotten. The carcass of a half burned, half eaten Unicorn is slowly rotting away, giving you an idea what has been causing this pungent smell.
Lady_Maha pages you from Unicorn Valley (home of the beast): I wanna go home!

This area would be populated by more wurms, guard dragons (must kill to pass) and finally the "beast" itself, the great Purple Dragon (boss).

In order to reach the home of the beast, one must find the Unicorn mother first to get the mumble key.

The mission in this area would be for many different classes to work together, since healing Unicorns and the Unicorn mother will give you XP and items/info you may need, yet the beasts can only be killed in a conventinal way.

I am aware that Newb designed an area that also contains Dragons. When I started on this area he hadn't made his post yet, so if his area gets implemented, we could change my "beast" into something else.

I have a finished map to this area, so if any area developer would like to take a peek, let me know.

(and don't bash me, this is my first attempt in area developement...lol)

IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

Re: Ogre Mountain/Unicorn Valley
« Reply #1 on: 05/03/03 at 23:59:44 »
Quote Quote

Looks cool, maybe fix up some grammar though.  

One question...how did you come up with a purple dragon? Heh.
IP Logged

heh
Lady_Maha
Germany 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 05/04/03 at 00:08:56 »
Quote Quote

Me no native speaker of English tongue, you do grammar for me! Ugh!  Wink

I have a purple dragon sitting on my desk, and was looking at it when I was thinking about what monster to use....lol
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
newb

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 05/04/03 at 01:00:24 »
Quote Quote

You speak orc? Way cool.
IP Logged

heh
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #4 on: 05/04/03 at 07:26:33 »
Quote Quote

on 05/04/03 at 00:08:56, Lady_Maha wrote:
Me no native speaker of English tongue, you do grammar for me! Ugh!  Wink

I have a purple dragon sitting on my desk, and was looking at it when I was thinking about what monster to use....lol

i have a purple dragon on my dexk too Smiley
IP Logged
Lady_Maha
Germany 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 05/04/03 at 15:26:46 »
Quote Quote

on 05/04/03 at 07:26:33, Tender_Foot wrote:

i have a purple dragon on my dexk too Smiley

Woot! Purple Dragons rule!  Grin
IP Logged

Night Angel
USA 

~My little world revolves around me~

fallen_angel_far_from_grace   gigglessb
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 05/04/03 at 15:57:10 »
Quote Quote

GrinLady i love your idea. Kiss Kiss Kiss you smart, creative woman you. keep it up and i cant wait till an area developer picks it up and we gat a unicorn valley (can we get cute uni horns to wear by killing something?)
IP Logged

~The World Annoys Me, You Don't Need To~
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #7 on: 05/04/03 at 18:49:48 »
Quote Quote

on 05/04/03 at 15:57:10, Night_Angel wrote:
GrinLady i love your idea. Kiss Kiss Kiss you smart, creative woman you. keep it up and i cant wait till an area developer picks it up and we gat a unicorn valley (can we get cute uni horns to wear by killing something?)

LOL, I wanna be able to wear a helmet on my Dwarf that has a Unicorns horn on it Smiley. Then he'll be cute just like the unicorn...I mean...errr

anyways, I think this area is kinda cool, magical purple dragons Smiley
IP Logged
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 05/04/03 at 20:40:21 »
Quote Quote

Unicorns are the purest of creatures, wearing their horns would mean you would have to slay them! Slaying Unicorns is a big no no.

This story kinda reminds me of the movie Legend, still good though!
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Night Angel
USA 

~My little world revolves around me~

fallen_angel_far_from_grace   gigglessb
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 05/07/03 at 01:37:52 »
Quote Quote

on 05/04/03 at 20:40:21, Zephie wrote:
Unicorns are the purest of creatures, wearing their horns would mean you would have to slay them! Slaying Unicorns is a big no no.

This story kinda reminds me of the movie Legend, still good though!

ok so no slaying of unicorn, maybe as a drop from the dragon?? use as weapon for mage/pally/druid?? like a wand or something?  or as an ordiment of sorts inhancing mana or charismaHuh i dunno  i'm tired so feel free to hate this idea lol..
IP Logged

~The World Annoys Me, You Don't Need To~
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #10 on: 05/10/03 at 07:50:35 »
Quote Quote

i would love to see a rod put into the game
IP Logged
Gwerradon

Email

« Reply #11 on: 05/10/03 at 21:25:32 »
Quote Quote

if the area doesnt get developed, is there a chance of having a unicorn boss? slaying it means getting the horn and wearing it means that something magical happens to you, like the ability to zap JLH and Pandi into thin air perhaps  lol.

A unicorn boss would be way too cool. Cheesy
IP Logged
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 05/10/03 at 21:28:07 »
Quote Quote

I think killing a unicorn would mean bad things should happen to you, your luck goes down as well some other stats, killing unicorns is a bad thing! there like holy creatures, there the good guys, why would you even want to consider killing one?
IP Logged

Lady_Maha
Germany 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: 05/11/03 at 00:05:15 »
Quote Quote

A Unicorn, as said by Zephie already is the purest of creatures, and killing it would be a big no no. My intentions were to make it where Unicorns are to be healed... after all, they are getting attacked by the dragon and it's spawns... that way the area would be a mix for fighting and healing classes, good for clerics/druids/paladins to lvl by healing Unicorns, and the rest by slaying what is hurting them. A mission in which those classes will have to work together to get to the boss kill, which should be the purple dragon.

I would suggest that you get no XP for slaying a unicorn and it affects your stats negatively, or that it's plain and simple not killable... but healing them would give you XP...
IP Logged

newb

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: 05/11/03 at 00:11:58 »
Quote Quote

Perhaps negative xp for hitting unicorns?
IP Logged

heh
Lady_Maha
Germany 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #15 on: 05/11/03 at 01:22:10 »
Quote Quote

That would work too!
IP Logged

Gwerradon

Email

« Reply #16 on: 05/12/03 at 11:39:08 »
Quote Quote

on 05/10/03 at 21:28:07, InsaneNinjaPhreak wrote:
I think killing a unicorn would mean bad things should happen to you, your luck goes down as well some other stats, killing unicorns is a bad thing! there like holy creatures, there the good guys, why would you even want to consider killing one?

roleplay my friend....roleplay
IP Logged
Gwerradon

Email

« Reply #17 on: 05/12/03 at 11:40:19 »
Quote Quote

on 05/11/03 at 00:11:58, Cloud wrote:
Perhaps negative xp for hitting unicorns?

id rather just not kill one, what would be the point in killing a unicorn if you were to only get something bad out of it like -xp
IP Logged
Astrona

~*Ðã®k Ðïvïñîtÿ*~

KCsDrkAngel@aol.com
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: 05/12/03 at 11:46:59 »
Quote Quote

/t Gewarradon That's exactly the point..you get negative exp for hitting them so you don't kill them..like the mourners in the graveyard. I love this idea. Mainly because I'm obssessed with unicorns probably. But either way it rocks!  Grin I hope the staff pick up on this one.
IP Logged

~Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you from experience!~
Gwerradon

Email

« Reply #19 on: 05/12/03 at 14:36:51 »
Quote Quote

well hey, sometimes i roleplay good, sometimes i roleplay evil. Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.