Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Dwarven Mines »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/13/24 at 22:30:36

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Dwarven Mines
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dwarven Mines  (Read 424 times)
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

Dwarven Mines
« on: 03/30/03 at 04:26:50 »
Quote Quote

Dwarven mines, and area for dwarves and gnomes to raise gold.

This is my first map thingy I have made/suggested.
I have the ascii map but haven't put it online for a url.

Anyway the map has three levels, the enterance level, and two mining levels.

This is a no-pking area in the first two levels, but in the third, yes pking.

At the enterance is a few shops.  One shop would buy ore from you.  One shop could change your ore into metal lumps, and another one could maybe make some special weapons for you.

Anyway, here is some descriptions for the levels.

Enterance: Basic

You are in the dwarven mines.

Enterance: Detailed

You hear your feet rather loudly as the slap on the bottom of the tiled floor at the enterance of the dwarven mines.  You hear the constant clanging hammers and blazing fires, as the dwarves and gnomes get to work hammering away on rich metal.

Second level:

This would have a couple of monsters and these would be a challenge for a lvl 10, but should be fairly easy for a lvl 13
(High stamina low hp, and around 6 damage)

Large Fungus

Small Bat

The various rats, plus a Warped rat, which would be about twice as hard as the mutant rat.

Second level: Basic

You are walking along a stone-cobbled path in the Dwarven mines.

Second level: Detail

You are walking along the stone-cobbles path leading through the higher and more populated caverns in the dwarven mines.  All around you can hear clanging pickaxes as greedy Gnomes hammer away for gold.

Mining:
I have a couple of ideas for mining
maybe a button that said 'prospect' which looked for ore in the various cave. Intelligence and wisdom would be important factors in finding it.

When prospecting was sucessful there woudl be one of about five monsters created.  They would either be 'Gold vein' or 'silver vein' 'iron vein' 'bronze vein' (okay I know bronze is made up of a micture of alot ot metals)and the RARE 'mythral vein'.

These would have a BUNCH of hp, but they would be like the storage containers and a weapon called a 'pickaxe' would do like X1000 damage, and spades would do X500 damage.

They would get ore of the appropriate metal, which could then be taken back and get sold or stuff.

Third level:

This would be a richer level, for lvl 18+

Traps:  Cave-in:  Every square has a .08% or something chance of caving in,which causes about 120 damage.

Monsters: Granite Beast (of course)
Large bat

Mammoth Rat:  Like giant only 20 damage and X 15 hp

Snakes?

Just like second level,only 5 ore for each vein, and maybe a couple of new levels.

and then MAYBE, just MAYBE a secret passage VERY hard to find that leads to a FOURTH level, this is pitch black, and would be like that dense forest pre-reset, torches would have little effect, and a lantern or something would be nessescary to see.

Traps like thirrd level

Monsters:  Giant Lizard

Vampire bats

and a secret cave, containing a Dragon.  Which you get a dragon scale mail from.

For levels 25+

Will post URL soon

Third level:

IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

Re: Dwarven Mines
« Reply #1 on: 04/11/03 at 01:48:11 »
Quote Quote

Forgot the story:

Here it is.

The Gnomes were getting rare and scare inside their tunnels and all, and they were being bullied by the Dwarves.  They were weak and puny.  But they dug a great mine.  This mine helped the Gnomes income, they forged mighty weapons and mined much gold.  They kept digging and digging, and then they started to find monsters.

Giant snakes they found, of the type that were extremely dangerous.  Still they dug and dug, and the Dwarves envied them.  They found Bats that had a breath of fire, and they scorched all the gnomes, but still they dug on.

They found beasts of granite, but they were too weak to overcome them, so they dug on and on, finding new perils as they went, they got richer and richer, and they forged staves for mighty Gnome mages with the metal.  The wizards aroze, and banished the monsters from the first level.

The gnomes dug in peace, until a creature they named the Zilard came upon them.  The mages fell to it, so the second and third and farther down, those levels were abandoned, but the Zilard layed siege upon them.  It was a giant Wyrm and it had a breath of fire.  It had teeth the size of swords and its tail could demolish any group of three people with on mere lasy swish.

The gnomes pleaded with their neighbors the Dawrves to aid them in their troubles, they promised them a hefty reward and acess to the mine if they banished the monster.

The Dwarves fought bravely, chasing it back to the fourth level, but there it came with its own kin, and they fed him a feast for is return, and he grew so mighty that he could not go up into the other levels of the mine, but eventually if brave adventurerers do not venture into the cavern his kin will grow to become menacing and he will destroy the mine.

Rumors speak of demons in a large cave at the depths of the mine, which descends directly into the underworld, and devils lurk there freely.
« Last Edit: 05/05/03 at 23:30:39 by Dwaerkyn » IP Logged

I'm hungry!
yoyoyo

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 04/18/03 at 13:47:58 »
Quote Quote

why would you need wisdom for prospect? Theres nothing magical about it. It should be intel, dex, and str. One more thing, If you make it a NOPK area on the first 2 floors, lvl 30s would go there and sit there all day making money easily. But i like it and i hope it does get made
IP Logged

Soon each and every sickening creature in this human infested place will have the attention span of ants and mutant rats will rule all!!!
Tzunami

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 04/18/03 at 14:55:36 »
Quote Quote

Well, this place won't be that good for making gold so the lvl 30s will have better places to make gold. The NOPK is here to help low lvls. This place would be good to help newbs get a bit of gold safely to encourage them to play more, and since making gold from mining wouldn't give xp, this would really discourage higher lvls from going in. Though I would suggest using the pick instead of the pickaxe since the pick has been invented and has the right description for it already, it just needs to be modified so that it get's a bonus against the minerals.
IP Logged

Suspects_Child, Lord_Rayden, Sacred, FHjhzt, Nitris, Compaq, Gwyneth and Vie are my most used crits.
DragonZero
USA 

Never Run From A Sniper... You'll just die tired

GoldDragon1567
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 04/18/03 at 15:22:32 »
Quote Quote

great idea as soon as this place opens tell me and show me where it is...and someone can i borrow a pick...
IP Logged

Mangler, Sirina, and Divine_Dragoon
Tzunami

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 04/18/03 at 15:39:56 »
Quote Quote

heh, who are u in game, I'll give u a few picks for free if I ever see u on.
IP Logged

Suspects_Child, Lord_Rayden, Sacred, FHjhzt, Nitris, Compaq, Gwyneth and Vie are my most used crits.
DragonZero
USA 

GoldDragon1567
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 04/19/03 at 16:35:44 »
Quote Quote

Im Mangler ingame, or Fighter_God and Dragon_Katana
IP Logged

Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 05/05/03 at 23:26:39 »
Quote Quote

Good idea about the pick. It should be fairly decent gold for the second level, then the third and lower levels should have more gold, but at a dangerous risk.  Anyway, prospecting shoould take intelligence.  Mining should be used with one of 3 weapons, a pick, a spade, or a crowbar, which have like a 7000 damage thingy, while other weapons have no special affect.

Also a few more ideas for ore (unless you want just gold)

Magic ore,

Brass ore,

Hardstone ore.

Brass ore could be sold, or maybe forged somehow in the mine into ornaments (brass ring, brass bracelet, etc.)

Hardstone ore could be maybe be very rare, but collected and once you have a full inventory forged into a Hardstone helmet with +1 cons.

Magic ore could be forged into a bracelet with + 1 wis.
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Blast

Email

« Reply #8 on: 05/06/03 at 16:08:04 »
Quote Quote

yup good diea, but those rare ores should be avaible only in pkable place
IP Logged
DragonZero
USA 

GoldDragon1567
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 05/10/03 at 23:34:00 »
Quote Quote

plz get this in the game....plz.....did i mention i said plz?
IP Logged

Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 05/23/03 at 01:37:07 »
Quote Quote

Oh, and it should take like AT LEAST 17 int to get hardstone ore, because otherwise you couldn't tell it from a normal stone.

IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: 05/24/03 at 02:37:31 »
Quote Quote

I believe a mines area has already begun progress, but the more the merrier, eh?  lol
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.