Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Daharka / Forgotten Cave »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/13/24 at 23:56:32

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Daharka / Forgotten Cave
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Daharka / Forgotten Cave  (Read 507 times)
Angel_Of_The_Night
Canada 

It's a shame sugah.... it really is, but your next

View Profile Email

Daharka / Forgotten Cave
« on: 04/10/03 at 01:48:50 »
Quote Quote

An area I've been making, I've been working on it forever and decided it's time I put it up.

Story Line:

Long ago, in the small quant village of Daharka, the first Succubi/Human child Desdemona was born to her Succubi mother and human father (the only male who ever was able to resit the succubi charms). Desdemona grew learning to use her abilities as a fighter, and her natural demoniod abilities she flurished. At the age of 19 she fell in love with one Daegus Deligato who she was to be wed too.  

On the eve of their wedding, Desdemona found both her parents slaughtered, swearing revenge she put the wedding on hold to track down whoever had done this.
The trail soon went cold, and she returned to her villiage to seek comfort from her fiancee, only to find out that he himself had killed them in a fit of rage.

Desdemona fought Daegus, delivering a death blow to him, just as he told her that he would have brought them back, for her, to only have her love once again. Stuck with the knowledge that she had killed the only person able to revive her parents has slowly deteriated Desdemona's sanity, causing her to slowly go insane.

The people of Darhaka, shocked at the outcome of the recent turn of events, drove Desdemona from the villiage forcing her to live in the wild, like the animal she had become. Yet, on the day Daegus was to be buried, the body could not be found...
------------------------------------------------------------
Description Examples: (grid numbers and stuff used from Halor's example)

/grid 55: Darhaka Forest /grid 78: Forest Clearing      
(Angel pages you from Darhaka Forest (Forest Clearing): Blah)  

/grid 1: You are standing in a clear spot of forest, you have
an odd feeling that something isn't right. After a few moments silence, you realize what it is. No birds sing - an eerie dead silence. You can go 'North' into the Cave ahead.

/grid 2: The forest clearing looks as if someone has purposly removed all trees and wildlife from this area, inorder to scare unwanted visitors away. The Cave entrance is hidden behind hanging vines. A smoldering firepit shows that someone had been there recently, their belongings scattered around. It looks like some sort of battle took place.

/examine: You notice marks on the ground, they lead towards the cave... You cry out in shock when you realize they look like drag marks.

----------------------------------------

Description Examples:  

/grid 65: Forgotten Cave /grid 77: Daegus's Tomb      
(Angel pages you from Forgotten Cave (Daegus's Tomb) : Blah)  

/grid 1: You stumble into the room, your eyes adjusting to the darkness. Looking around you realize right infront of you is a tomb.
/grid 2: Edging your way closer to the tomb you slowly trace your fingers along the inscription on the top. You can faintly make out the name Daegus. So this is where he was buried, you think to youself. Leaning against the tomb, you feel the lid shift. Cautiously peering into the depths of the tomb, you realize it has no bottom... but a ladder leading down into the unknown.

----------------------------------------------------------

Monsters:

Orc - same as ingame monster already
---------------------
Name=Gargoyle
HP=3500
AC=10
Experience=60
Magic Resistance=0
Primary Attack=Claws
Primary DMG Min=40
Primary DMG Max=60
Secondary Attack=Bite
Chat=*Hiss* Leave thissss place...NOW!
Death Message=Gah...Mistress, I've failed you
Description=A brave and intimidating creature, hell bent on making sure you don't proceed.

(You can't proceed while Gargoyle is present)

-----------------------------------------------

Boss Monster:

Name=Desdemona
HP=750000
AC=20
Experience=120
Magic Resistance=0
Primary Attack=Slash
Primary Spell=Charm
Primary DMG Min=150
Primary DMG Max=200
Chat=*screeches* YOU DARE DISTURB ME!?!
Death Message=Daegus...love... we shall meet again.
Description=Desdemona looks like an normal woman, except for the fact she has fangs, claws, a set of large black wings and she appears to be clinging onto a corpse of somesort.
[Treasure]
Treasure Type=None
Specific Item=Deliagos Archanium
Drop Chance=5%
Gold Min=2000
Gold Max=10000
[Creature Type]
NPC?=False
Quest?=False
Boss?=True
[AI]
Invisible=Have you no respect for those who MOURN !?!
Understand=I shall kill you for Daegus!

----------------------------------------------------------

[Item]
Item Type=Armour
Name=Deliagos Archanium
Base AC=46
Magical Bonus=+1 Strength
Value=0
Weight=0
Weapon Type=Armour
Level=25
[Usage]
Fighter=True
Cleric=False
Ranger=True
Druid=False
Mage=False
Paladin=False
Beserker=True
Theif=True
[Description]
Description=This special armour is made from the wings of the Succubi. The leathery material makes the armour light-weight and easy to move around in.

---------------------------------------

This area will be for level 25 - 30 characters, giving them something to do on their free time

Okay there it is, tell me what you think. Any questions feel free to ask, any comments, I love creative critisim.
IP Logged

I don't care who you are... I'll kill you anyways.
Angel_Of_The_Night
Canada 

View Profile Email

Re: Daharka / Forgotten Cave
« Reply #1 on: 04/10/03 at 02:21:07 »
Quote Quote

Map of the area is complete if you want it, ask.
IP Logged

Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 04/10/03 at 02:41:37 »
Quote Quote

I wouldn't mind seeing the map ^-^, you still have me on msn right? if so just send it to me via that email address since I can't send or recieve files through msn currently.
IP Logged

Angel_Of_The_Night
Canada 

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 04/10/03 at 02:53:34 »
Quote Quote

*laughs* everyone wants to see the map, maybe I should say - If staff would like to see the map ask me
IP Logged

Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 04/10/03 at 05:28:39 »
Quote Quote

Don't post the map... If you do, the area will have to be changed in the end.

Anyway, not a bad start.. I would suggest having the grid ones "You have entered what looks to be blah blah" and the grid twos like "As you look around you see blah blah"..

Monsters look ok, but the boss?? lol, 750k hp.. thats the most hp for a monster in the game.. And with it attacking 150-200 that would be crazy. The exp is a bit high at 120.. 100 would be a bit better.. I would edit the boss. Also.. the prize, remove zerkers able to use it.. Zerkers are not supposed to get ANY armor or stat mod items at all!
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Angel_Of_The_Night
Canada 

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 04/10/03 at 22:39:19 »
Quote Quote

Well Desdemona is supposed to be insane, thus making her hard to kill. And she has some background bonuses. But I can fix what the drop item and her exp but... other then that... I think I"ll leave it as is.
IP Logged

medication

R.I.P.

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 04/10/03 at 22:42:43 »
Quote Quote

About monsters, orcs are just too weak for lv 25-30 party, and for gargs, if you go there with 4-5 ppl, you would be able to kill one garg in 4-5 rounds.
Suggestion: second new monster (instead of orcs), remove no-go from square with garg (that's just annoying if it's a lot of squares), and possibly add 1-2 subbosses (this is for fun only)
IP Logged

I just wanted to carve a little Z on your forehead - nothing serious.

[InGame: Tempest/Titan]
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: 04/10/03 at 22:44:14 »
Quote Quote

I understand it is to be a very hard area. But I think, the lag monster does not even have that much hp, nor does he attack for that much either.. I could see that monster being the monster that drops devistate..

Anyway, like i said.. Looks good so far. If you want to work with staff on this memo one of them or pm them on the forum. If none of them are willing to help, AIM me and I will help you. The final area (in offline map developer) will just be sent to JLH with the monsters that need to be added also.

AIM = Abnormaly420
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Angel_Of_The_Night
Canada 

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 04/10/03 at 22:48:47 »
Quote Quote

Well I don't have AIM all I have is MSN - goddess_of_all_evil@hotmail.com

As for the boss monster, I'll look into it and edit her abit
IP Logged

Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #9 on: 04/11/03 at 07:39:08 »
Quote Quote

There is alreadya boss in the game names Gargoyle. you need magical weapons to kill it.
IP Logged
Angel_Of_The_Night
Canada 

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: 04/13/03 at 03:19:32 »
Quote Quote

Well, then I'll just have to change it up, and think of more monsters. But at the moment I am currently writing out each description for every single, square I have on the map I've made
IP Logged

Angel_Of_The_Night
Canada 

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 04/17/03 at 00:56:25 »
Quote Quote

Could any of the staff comment on what they think of the area so far. I would appreciate it greatly.
IP Logged

Valeska

¨·°¤«Lädý Ðêàth»¤°·¨

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 04/28/03 at 19:12:00 »
Quote Quote

I like the story- I'd like you to write (if you haven't already) the rest of it, how the player finishes the area. The descriptions are okay, could use a bit of work. As for the boss I agree with matt, the hp is too much. For such a hard boss anyway. If you don't want to really change the hp then i suggest making it hit a  bit weaker, and changing the level requirement for the area entirely.

If you would like to speak to me about this a bit more you can contact me ingame on my staff crit or add me to your MSN. I'll give you my MSN mail in a personal message on the forum. Wink
IP Logged

http://caprikorn.vze.com & http://samusmaps.vze.com/
Angel_Of_The_Night
Canada 

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 04/29/03 at 01:34:46 »
Quote Quote

I will be contacting you shortly;)
IP Logged

Angel_Of_The_Night
Canada 

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: 05/26/03 at 20:33:09 »
Quote Quote

I would just like to state that the area I have been working on is shall we say........ gone... My hard drive crashed and I lost everything. SO for those of you out there who I may have sent things to and such please please send it to me. Memo me ingame and I will give you my email so you can send it to me.

Angel_Of_The_Night
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.