Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Hasteres »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/13/24 at 23:14:37

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Hasteres
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hasteres  (Read 546 times)
Tender_Foot

Email

Hasteres
« on: 04/24/03 at 19:40:47 »
Quote Quote

I got bored with my current work last night, and decided to start working on a new area, and somehow, I got it almost completely done. In this post I have given a couple outlines of what the area would look like, but any monsters, maps, items will be kept secret incase it is actually approved tbe put in. I have about 4-8 squares to still do descriptions on, and would greatly appreciate some kind of feedback.

One of the premiere towns in the world, Hasteres mines almost one-third of the realms gold from the mineral mine that layes behind its amazing city. Recently the city has seen a decrease in traffic, and a powerful group of thieves has entered the city, reaking havok wherever they can. King Rejas has pleeded with many would-be adventurers to help his rich town, but no one has came forward to rid the city and mines of the new tyrants.

ammount of areas - 2: Hasteres, Gold Mines
size of areas - Hasteres: 1 lvl/20? squares; Gold Mines: 4 lvl's/100? squares

sutiable for: lvl 25+

------------------

-some descriptions-

Hasteres

/grid 1: Unlike the rest of the city, this strret is oddly baren of people. You may go blah and blah.

/grid 2: Unlike the rest of the city, your one of the few people on this street. The gold flakes on the street glimmer with briliance, as if it has been years since someone has swept it, and some piles could even be picked up and sold to the local gold shop (would be called what those places are actually called). You may travel on the street blah and blah.

/grid 55: Hasteres

/grid 78: Pesso Street

---------------------

Hasteres

/grid 1: You are standing inside a guard tower. Mountain Street is North.

/grid 2: You are standing in a tall, elustrious guard tower. Guards walk around you talking about some kind of thief invasion and about the gold mine to the North. You may exit the gaurd tower by going North onto Mountain Street. There is also a marble staircase in the corner of the room.

/grid 55: Hasteres

/grid 78: Guard Tower

-------------

Gold Mine

/grid 1: You are standing in a cold, damp mining tunnel. Although the tunnel is rather empty, you are unalarmed and think nuthing of this. You may follow the tunnel blah and blah.

/grid 2: You are standing in a small mining tunnel. The walls shimmer, as light reflects off of solid nuggets of gold and other prescious minerals. For some odd reason, you rarely see anyone on this level of the mining tunnels. You may further explore the tunnel by going blah and blah.

/grid 55: Mining Tunnels

/grid 78: level one

-------------

Gold Mines

/grid 1: You are standing in the lavish throan room of King Rejas. Surrounding the king, are multiple bodyguards daring you to make a move, and will protect their king at all costs. You may exit the throan room by going North.

/grid 2: You are standing in the lavish throan room of the mighty, King Rejas. All around the room, gold sparkles and jewels are encrusted in everything. Looking over the throan, you see many diamonds, emeralds, and ruby's, but oddly not one area has any gold on it. Surrounding the king, are multiple large bodyguards who would be proud to protect thier king at all costs. If you wish, you may exit the beautiful throan room by going North.

/grid 55: Mining Tunnels

/grid 78: Throan Room
« Last Edit: 04/24/03 at 20:56:00 by King_Macros » IP Logged
ben_amato

i'm one mean lineman!!!

View Profile

Re: Hasteres
« Reply #1 on: 04/24/03 at 21:03:07 »
Quote Quote

I think having the preffered level at 25 is kinda high you might want to lower it to 20 or something.  but overall it's a good idea.  Maybe have a quest attached like if you kill some monster it'll drop some item you can bring to the king for an item or gold or something like that.
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 04/24/03 at 21:14:19 »
Quote Quote

I'm kind of in a rush here, but I notice that Nightmist is just popping up too many cities.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #3 on: 04/24/03 at 21:40:07 »
Quote Quote

its out of the way, where there's no other cities. and could possibly set up a new area for expansion.

what i neglected to say, was that i had thought that it would be a good place to put up in the mountains of sentent, and from there, other places could be linked, maybe a whole new side of the nm world.

ive noticed most expansions are close to nightmist, arilin, blackthorn. i have also been working on an area south of resthaven (not a city Tongue)
IP Logged
MmMStewert

Get outta there Stewert thats just for looks!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 04/24/03 at 21:54:17 »
Quote Quote

:-D i like it, you think of really neato idea's Wink~
IP Logged
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 05/07/03 at 05:49:55 »
Quote Quote

on 04/24/03 at 21:14:19, Stotic wrote:
I'm kind of in a rush here, but I notice that Nightmist is just popping up too many cities.

whats wrong with more cities? as long as they have a purpose to them unlike some other cities *cough*dendaya*cough* then i dont see a problem with it. and i feel that the mountains of sentent is under used. this could bring life to this generally dead area
IP Logged
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 05/07/03 at 06:03:40 »
Quote Quote

Dendeya isn't useless, lol it's just unfinished, supposedly theres supposed to be a tower...a locked tower with no key lol
IP Logged

ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 05/07/03 at 08:26:46 »
Quote Quote

with no arena, no 'real' shops. nuthing to add to the game, other then being an inbetween area for 2 other areas.
IP Logged
Valeska

¨·°¤«Lädý Ðêàth»¤°·¨

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: 05/07/03 at 11:47:08 »
Quote Quote

Your going to eat those words lol. Dendeya may not be of much use to you right now but it will someday, when its finished. For now it branches off to a nice small area (maze), and if you knew anything about it you wouldn't say its very useless. As for the tower being finished, Aidon is taking time out of his schedule to finish it (instead of trashing the idea completely) and in my opinion i think when finished it will be a very useful place.  Wink

Oh yeah. Your descriptions need more work, and there are lots of spelling errors that need fixing  Tongue
IP Logged

http://caprikorn.vze.com & http://samusmaps.vze.com/
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 05/07/03 at 23:15:58 »
Quote Quote

Heh. Ya i thought the new citys were cool to add..and not useless at all..cant wait for the one east of airilin (if it isnt up yet..havent check in a long time)..but i see what stotic is saying...i dont really think we need a lot of new citys til there are new items or something to put to them..and til they need them between areas...like if there are new areas new citys between them...but no reason to put new citys in without areas and items and stuff.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #10 on: 05/08/03 at 02:14:06 »
Quote Quote

on 05/07/03 at 11:47:08, Valeska wrote:
Your going to eat those words lol. Dendeya may not be of much use to you right now but it will someday, when its finished. For now it branches off to a nice small area (maze), and if you knew anything about it you wouldn't say its very useless. As for the tower being finished, Aidon is taking time out of his schedule to finish it (instead of trashing the idea completely) and in my opinion i think when finished it will be a very useful place.  Wink

Oh yeah. Your descriptions need more work, and there are lots of spelling errors that need fixing  Tongue

just because a mage tower is being put in with the staff of power *which is what ive heard* doesnt mean it will be useful for everyone, and yes, the maze is kinda nice, but the city itself is useless alone as it is right now. these areas could have been put in without a city, kinda like how jahanna is now.  

Edit: I'd also like to point out the fact that I haven't put them through a spell checker since I was just trying to get comments on it, and they're a lot more descriptive then some of the crap I see in the game. If you go around the game and look at the descriptions, there's quite a few gramatical errors, like jungle....or when windia was first put in.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #11 on: 05/08/03 at 02:15:26 »
Quote Quote

on 05/07/03 at 23:15:58, Gad wrote:
Heh. Ya i thought the new citys were cool to add..and not useless at all..cant wait for the one east of airilin (if it isnt up yet..havent check in a long time)..but i see what stotic is saying...i dont really think we need a lot of new citys til there are new items or something to put to them..and til they need them between areas...like if there are new areas new citys between them...but no reason to put new citys in without areas and items and stuff.

i was actuallygoing to put stuff in the city. unlike the new one, there would hopefully be new items in certain shops, new kinds of shops, new armor and such.
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 05/08/03 at 04:15:30 »
Quote Quote

Then i like your idea..just not the constant flaming you do on staff...
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #13 on: 05/08/03 at 06:20:59 »
Quote Quote

i dont constantly flame on staff
IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 05/09/03 at 17:31:40 »
Quote Quote

Dendeya should have had more shops and arenas... it was a good oppertunity to add new weapons and armours to the game which are useful (unlike half the stuff in windia and nm)
IP Logged
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: 05/10/03 at 00:33:08 »
Quote Quote

Quote:
If you go around the game and look at the descriptions, there's quite a few gramatical errors, like jungle....or when windia was first put in.

Well if you are not going to report them via good old /bug, then staff wouldn't know about it, and it wouldn't get fixed.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #16 on: 05/10/03 at 07:45:49 »
Quote Quote

the bad grammer has been stated by quite a few people, and i didnt know bugging an error in spelling would be useful
IP Logged
Valeska

¨·°¤«Lädý Ðêàth»¤°·¨

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: 05/12/03 at 07:48:11 »
Quote Quote

Bugging anything you see that is wrong with the game could be useful no matter what it is. Btw, you post here, to hope maybe a staffer will look at your idea, and I did. I pointed out to you that there were spelling errors for a good reason. Be lucky i said anything at all, because most staff who see errors wouldn't even finish reading it. Although i think if you worked on your idea further, it could possibly be a very good one. Smiley
IP Logged

http://caprikorn.vze.com & http://samusmaps.vze.com/
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #18 on: 05/12/03 at 09:32:21 »
Quote Quote

Actually i didnt mind who i got feedback from, didnt matter wether it was a staffer or not. i wanted feedback on the idea, and the descriptions; if they were coherant, to long, to short, ect.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.